AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-12-15, 05:17   Link #81
kuru

Shin Megami Tensei would be interesting
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 12:15   Link #82
Cyberdramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
But I thought SD Gundam was licensed already. We got a sampler DVD a few weeks ago from Bandai.
Bandai is using the name SD Gundam (Superior Defender Gundam) for a new CGI show, but I asked Jerry Chu in his channel (A while back, during the whole SEED thing) and he said they'll probably never bring over the original Super Deformed Gundam for the content (Nudity, characters peeing on each other, etc)

I don't know if it's considered okay to fansub something in a case like that...but logic says that since it's never coming to North America that it would make sense for fans to do it. Raws are extremely hard to find since it was only ever released on VHS and never DVD.
Cyberdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 15:47   Link #83
Digital-Kitty
Evil Supreme Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
I wonder how to get raws for Heisei Inu Monogatari Bow... (in Japanese, 平成イヌ物語バウ)
Well, if they cant be found on the latest napster wannabe proggies, VHS tapes can be easily found (but quite expensive) at amazon.co.jp

Or, you can do what I do when I want a rare import laserdisc: bookmark the search on yahoo japan auctions and keep hoping someone sells (and noone outbids you when they do).
Then cap em.
Digital-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 19:04   Link #84
kuru

Heisei Inu Monogatari Bow raws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital-Kitty
Well, if they cant be found on the latest napster wannabe proggies, VHS tapes can be easily found (but quite expensive) at amazon.co.jp

Or, you can do what I do when I want a rare import laserdisc: bookmark the search on yahoo japan auctions and keep hoping someone sells (and noone outbids you when they do).
Then cap em.
I don't really think the guy that asked the question (about the Bow raws) would be interested in buying, but there're a few VHS tapes for sale at Yahoo Japan auctions with very low starting bids:

Yahoo Japan Auctions search for Heisei Inu Monogatari Bow

A few direct links:
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/62527938
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g10994806
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b45419846

Anyway, I don't think the entire series was released on VHS (or LD or any other format). But using Winny or Winmx it's frequently possible to find raws people recorded from the TV broadcast (even for older series). Don't know about Heisei Inu, though. Of the suggestions I've given, probably this is the most difficult one when it comes to raws.

(The last image is from a CD single)
Old 2003-12-16, 21:43   Link #85
guynextdoor
arcueid !! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Except for a subbed version of the original Mobile Suit Gundam TV series
shinsen subs has just done ep 1, go check it out at the usual haunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriden
Sub the Shingetsutan Tsukihime game!!!!!! =)
i dont care how much text it contains, but i swear i will give the guy(s) who can sub it truthfully to english a hundred bucks when they do it, because i've been waiting so long already
guynextdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 04:13   Link #86
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by guynextdoor
i dont care how much text it contains, but i swear i will give the guy(s) who can sub it truthfully to english a hundred bucks when they do it, because i've been waiting so long already
Well, you're going to either have to deal with inaccurate but more readable translations or accurate but a lot less legible translations. Plus, you're gonna have to pay them about 100 to 1000 times that amount if you want it out in less than a few years, unless they are of course rabid fans of the game and believe that translating it won't destroy it. Then you might see, at best, results in a year or so, but don't hold your breath.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 02:02   Link #87
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubomi Koneko
Lingerie Soldier Papillon Rose - I wish someone would fansub it just so I know what's being said! XD I'm not the only one either, sure it's perverted but there's only one episode so far so...
This was subtitled by EcChiz (A... uh... sub-group I suppose, of Chizeto). You may be able to find it if you try hard enough.
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:38   Link #88
Kaiterra
Inactive Member

I most want to see a GOOD version of the last parts of Gundam X (Eps. 25-up). All the ones I and my friends have found have had incredibly bad sound (it got quieter and quieter each ep. until you just plain couldn't hear) and poor video quality. Seeing as it was one of the less popular series, I doubt it's coming here anytime soon.

And then of course there's Xabungle. I've got a buddy who has a lot of raws of it (I think possibly the whole series), so they're out there, or at least he can provide them.
Kaiterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:46   Link #89
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
I don't really think the guy that asked the question (about the Bow raws) would be interested in buying
You are correct, not because I don't want to pay for them (it seems a cool show), but because I'm not old enough to own a credit card.
Old 2003-12-19, 16:36   Link #90
Superdeformed

Send a message via ICQ to Superdeformed Send a message via AIM to Superdeformed Send a message via MSN to Superdeformed Send a message via Yahoo to Superdeformed
Lightbulb

1: Superdemension Century Orguss
2: Hundred Beasts King GoLion (Voltron)
3: Endless Odyssey SSX (The second Harlock TV series)
4: Galaxy Express 999
5: Queen Millenia
6: Cutey Honey (the late 70's TV series)
7: Devilman (late 70's / early 80's tv series)
8: Mazinger Z
9: Minky Momo
10: The original Mobil Suit Gundam Series (since bandai refuses to put it out subbed)

They need an anime lable that specilizes in older anime.
Superdeformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 22:00   Link #91
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdeformed
1: Superdemension Century Orguss
2: Hundred Beasts King GoLion (Voltron)
3: Endless Odyssey SSX (The second Harlock TV series)
4: Galaxy Express 999
5: Queen Millenia
6: Cutey Honey (the late 70's TV series)
7: Devilman (late 70's / early 80's tv series)
8: Mazinger Z
9: Minky Momo
10: The original Mobil Suit Gundam Series (since bandai refuses to put it out subbed)

They need an anime lable that specilizes in older anime.
Good selection. Like a mahou shoujo fan, of course I'd put Minky Momo in the first place.

ILA has just started subbing Devilman TV. First episode is already out (http://www.ila-fansubs.com or #ila @ mircx.com). BTW, their slong is "where old skool becomes reality".

Shinsen-subs and Gundam Project have just finished subbing the first episode of the original Mobile Suit Gundam TV series. I hope they'll continue, as in Gundam Project channel they say "0079 project closed" (or something like that).
Old 2003-12-23, 19:35   Link #92
confuzionrains

Talking

Hi,

I would really like to see Chibi-Maruko chan (the tv series) subbed... This shown ran in the early 90s, had over 100 episodes, and was/still is the highest rated show ever in Japan...

It's a really funny show that follows the antics of a cute young girl (Maruko-chan), her family, and friends... daily life has never been so hilarious

I'm surprised this shown is so hard to find (only chinese vcds appear to be available) - I'm also surprised that no one has brought this show over, or tried fansubbing it... I think it has the potential to be a great hit if someone is willing to sub it... so please, someone pick this show up!

you can check out a brief description here...

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza...ruko_chan.html

and here...

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...maruko_ch.html
confuzionrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 23:09   Link #93
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzionrains
Hi,
I would really like to see Chibi-Maruko chan (the tv series) subbed... This shown ran in the early 90s, had over 100 episodes, and was/still is the highest rated show ever in Japan...
Hopefully you'll get a present with regards to this coming soon... No promises though
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 04:15   Link #94
Starlord

Space Battleship Yamato

if i remeber correctly it was subbed... but i dunno from whom...

but i remember it was subbed out with the Name Star Blazers ;-)

Last edited by Starlord; 2003-12-25 at 04:25.
Starlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 11:23   Link #95
confuzionrains

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Hopefully you'll get a present with regards to this coming soon... No promises though
that would be really awesome... what group would that be? I have a feeling that once this show is subbed, bandwagon subbers will try to jump on this project because of how popular this show will be...
Old 2003-12-25, 11:26   Link #96
confuzionrains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlord
Space Battleship Yamato

I have the 1st episode subbed by some group called infinite-zero, but I don't remem where I grabbed it from... it seems like an interesting show though, from what I could tell from one episode...
Old 2004-01-08, 13:11   Link #97
Superdeformed

Send a message via ICQ to Superdeformed Send a message via AIM to Superdeformed Send a message via MSN to Superdeformed Send a message via Yahoo to Superdeformed
Devilman

I downloaded the first episode of Devilman. Rather funny. Go Nagai anime needs to be subbed more, they are so camp and fun.

I made a mistake the series was done in 73' so the early 80's part is all wrong.

From what I've read up the manga is even more dark and neato.
ILA is cool, I hope they keep making more old school reality.
Old 2004-01-08, 13:13   Link #98
Superdeformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlord
Space Battleship Yamato

Some of the Yamato movies were subbed years ago. But the 3 TV series have not been touched.
Old 2004-01-12, 13:57   Link #99
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdeformed
I downloaded the first episode of Devilman. Rather funny. Go Nagai anime needs to be subbed more, they are so camp and fun.

I made a mistake the series was done in 73' so the early 80's part is all wrong.

From what I've read up the manga is even more dark and neato.
ILA is cool, I hope they keep making more old school reality.
I'm not sure the original Devilman TV series was all that true to the manga though. He seems to have become some sort of superhero in tights. I'll go check it out though.

EDIT: Just watched the first episode and it did seem to take only the basic premise of the manga. The manga is darker. It's still fun in a cheesy sort of way, and I like the OP song. (it sounds a lot like the Hawai-5-0 opening song)
I love the 3 OVAs for Deviman, too bad they got such shabby treatment. (only dub releases etc..)

Last edited by a_nevels666; 2004-01-12 at 15:48.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 02:08   Link #100
MoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakuboy T

09. Mobile Suit Gundam #15, Tomino asked it to be taken out. I hear it's a good episode. ^ I know someone did it cant remember.

08. DragonBall GT #1-14,
^#DBZsubbed@mircx
01. Daa! Daa! Daa! and Lupin III - complete series in sets
#AnimeOne@mircx for Above ^ ^#Dream-Anime@mircx
Well there you go
MoS is offline   Reply With Quote