AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 21:49   Link #41
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see Nami choose to help the kids. Franky was great with them as expected. Lol the samurai's torso is still cutting.
Old 2013-02-03, 03:04   Link #42
Dr. Casey

can someone please kill Sanji already

I remember liking Sanji a lot once upon a time, but now he's just a complete tool that treats anyone who isn't a girl like crap. He's pretty obnoxious these days.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 05:24   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
can someone please kill Sanji already

I remember liking Sanji a lot once upon a time, but now he's just a complete tool that treats anyone who isn't a girl like crap. He's pretty obnoxious these days.
Well it's not like the samurai head he saved was a women.

Besides that whole scene felt awkward. They go into that room while being chased, goof around, then start running off. For a good chunk of time they have these kids following them begging for help. Everyone's reaction felt really weird and delayed, almost 6 minutes of begging for help. I don't think Sanji was much worse than anyone else. Besides with the whole getting split up for 2 years thing, not surprised that someone would be thinking more crew first. Especially in an unknown situation where they don't even know where they are running to. Besides it was one thing when the kids weren't in any apparent danger. Could escape, group up and decide what to do. He did get literally fired up when they aimed to start shooting at the kids. Just because he verbally focused on Nami doesn't mean he didn't give a damn about them.

Plus second only to Luffy, Sanji was in the worst hell of any of them for 2 years. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a little warped after that. I think he'll be fine.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2013-02-03 at 05:41.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 06:00   Link #44
Jon D. Shanks

Finally Franky is getting some time to shine. He has taken a back seat ever since the timeskip, and it's good to see him get some action again
Jon D. Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 06:50   Link #45
ookamigirl

Franky sure was popular with the kids.
So were the others in their own way..
Usopp was rather useful this time.
It's been a while since he was in the spotlight.
Damn, those kids really played the sympathy rescued card well.
No one could have walked away from that.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 09:32   Link #46
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I don't like how they dragged out the scene of them running away from the children...in the manga it all happened much faster and the Strawhats took a lot less to be convinced to help, in the anime it just makes them look like assholes most of the time.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 12:21   Link #47
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Yeah, this was about 10 pages of manga stretched into 20 minutes of TV, which has me a bit worried about pacing already. Filler is fine, but they need to make it interesting. The stuff at the start of the episode was great, the 10 minutes of running away was not.

As for Sanji, I think he vocalized my biggest problem with both him and Nami in this episode: "She's ONLY nice to children... I'm falling even more in love!"

He lets her walk all over him (hell everyone except Franky is powerless in the face of Nami for some reason) when she clearly isn't interested in him, so he comes off as a tryhard pushover. On the other hand, Nami is overly prone to abuse and violence, yet rarely a victim of slapstick herself, despite being a woman of very questionable morals. It makes her seem unbalanced and superior due to author preference.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 04:36   Link #48
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well it's not like the samurai head he saved was a women.

Besides that whole scene felt awkward. They go into that room while being chased, goof around, then start running off. For a good chunk of time they have these kids following them begging for help. Everyone's reaction felt really weird and delayed, almost 6 minutes of begging for help. I don't think Sanji was much worse than anyone else. Besides with the whole getting split up for 2 years thing, not surprised that someone would be thinking more crew first. Especially in an unknown situation where they don't even know where they are running to. Besides it was one thing when the kids weren't in any apparent danger. Could escape, group up and decide what to do. He did get literally fired up when they aimed to start shooting at the kids. Just because he verbally focused on Nami doesn't mean he didn't give a damn about them.

Plus second only to Luffy, Sanji was in the worst hell of any of them for 2 years. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a little warped after that. I think he'll be fine.
Gomenasai FlareKnight-kun, but I'm afraid my opinion of Sanji isn't as favorable... I think he's been kind of a twat for the past four or five years, honestly. I don't think he was that bad in this particular episode, but it's kind of annoying how he rarely even treats males civilly anymore. I liked him more when he was a chivalrous guy that treated women like gold, but was still decent and respectful towards guys also.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 22:37   Link #49
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

This episode.......................... Nami Nami Nami!!!!!!!! ~

and Robin and his imagination
Old 2013-02-09, 22:03   Link #50
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Why is Law a Shichibukai! Well Brook and the torso's fight was entertaining. So that means it was indeed Law's handiwork.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:48   Link #51
Kona
Banned

RIP Anime

Pacing is horrible and the animation is not appealing. Why is it so hard to be on point with the manga? Kinemons stripes is on the wrong side, Caesars gas is the wrong color and they add in unnecessary scenes. They really need to take a one year break for the sake of the OP series. It's painful to watch.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 01:56   Link #52
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I still say they should do a Naruto and make a couple of filler arcs before proceeding into Punk Hazard...OP Filler Arcs are even entertaining so I don't even mind.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:25   Link #53
ookamigirl

Marines pushing their way into the island.
Luffy's crew dealing with Brownbeard and other centaurs.
Nami's crew rescuing the kids.
Brook dealing with pieces of the samurai.
Smoker's crew met Trafalgar Law, that made them scared.
This sure is one crazy island in every way.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 10:48   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say after this one they really need to go on some massive filler arc. A handful of episodes here and there isn't going to cut it. It's weighing down the series somewhat and you can feel how off the pacing is.

The Brownbeard stuff was fairly hilarious. As much as the state he's been brought down to as well as outright being alive. Guess the fortune telling guy was a bit off on the prediction.

Though what the heck is Law up to? Who has he gotten involved with here? Not to mention what's up with doing something that insane? Of course always thought his ability was pretty creepy when it was first revealed.
Old 2013-02-10, 10:55   Link #55
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

The pacing is a problem yes but this is an arc worth getting stuck into, the manga has been amazing but I think that a much needed naruto style filler arc has to be brought forth after this arc it is very needed.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:39   Link #56
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Biggest problem is...I dunno if they can logically fit a filler arc after this arc is done concidering what happens in the end (well, it's still happening in the manga).
Old 2013-02-10, 16:57   Link #57
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
RIP Anime

Pacing is horrible and the animation is not appealing. Why is it so hard to be on point with the manga? Kinemons stripes is on the wrong side, Caesars gas is the wrong color and they add in unnecessary scenes. They really need to take a one year break for the sake of the OP series. It's painful to watch.
Why would you think Caesar's gas is the wrong color? It's possible that his gas colors are different depending on what kind of gas he uses. Such an example of different colors for different gases is in an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold which features the Gas Gang.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:16   Link #58
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Why would you think Caesar's gas is the wrong color? It's possible that his gas colors are different depending on what kind of gas he uses. Such an example of different colors for different gases is in an episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold which features the Gas Gang.
In the color spread with Law,Smoker and Luffy Caesars gas was a light blue color not a dark bubblegum.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 01:30   Link #59
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Trafalgar Law !!! I loved this episode and the fight Brook made ​​me laugh too
Old 2013-02-11, 13:55   Link #60
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Why is Law a Shichibukai! Well Brook and the torso's fight was entertaining. So that means it was indeed Law's handiwork.
Why? because its been two years...ALOT can happen in a few years...i know though i was surprised too . Also cmon i know Sanji is a fake made up character in a fake made up manga but...the guy lived on an island full of gay men who dress like women and were quite possibly stronger than him (at least when ganging up) for two years...TWO years. that would mess me up too, specially if the did...stuff to me...poor sanji it was either get stronger or get...stuff done to you..anywho movin on to the filler aspect, becareful what you wish for with the whole they should do a naruto thing..cuz i started watchin anime through naruto and when i got to the horrible horrible and long fillers right b4 shippuden it actually killed the show for me. I dont want the same for one piece but idk what else they can do other than just postpone the anime for a year maybe??/ how much time would that buy them? cuz One Piece was SUCH a GREAT anime even their old fillers were Awesome....
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote