AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-22, 09:28   Link #21941
tsunade666

the 50/50 of Othinus is both Absolute on both negative and positive values. She can do anything and the same time can't do a thing.

Holy Right has a 100% chance in curb stomping an enemy with its ability to adapt on the opponent but maybe the realm of Othinus is way above the realm for Holy Right or if it can be adapted it still has problem with its compatibility.
Old 2012-12-22, 12:25   Link #21942
Phibrizzo
Honos628

We don't even know on which realm or even if the theories of Aliester holds water to Othinus as she seems to be going for another things all together and still using idol theory.

I was going by the luck component, holy right was suppose Fiamma with luck, and for the interactions and the comments of Ollerus it seems luck play a good deal with Othinus current power.
Old 2012-12-22, 13:30   Link #21943
tsunade666

But the luck factor for Othinus involves a huge chance of 50/50 and its an absolute result if its positive while it will bomb bad if its negative. Othinus power is the real realm of infinite possibilities.
Old 2012-12-22, 13:34   Link #21944
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Yes and the power of the holy right affect possibilities thats why I think othinus didn't step out till fiamma was out for good so long someone with a high luck factor was in.

As I mention I don't think Othinus really care for the formats of Aliester. Ollerus have point that while he is "weaker" than her, she can't beat him due to the luck factor (as he doesn't have to depend on it), I guess facing the holy right has the same problem.
Old 2012-12-22, 13:43   Link #21945
tsunade666

But in the last battle in NT 04. Fiamma and Ollerus vs Othinus still ended up in a tie. Even if its the luck factor is the basing point on beating Othinus. She is still almost unbeatable in normal battle between god modes.
Old 2012-12-22, 14:17   Link #21946
Phibrizzo
Honos628

First and foremost Fiamma just help Touma its never never state that Fiamma engage in combat with Othinus at all.

When the battle is over Othinus mention that she couldn't beat Ollerus she never mention Fiamma at all.

And the holy right isn't even close to its pre power ups form.
Old 2012-12-22, 15:49   Link #21947
Javiersansano

So... how are the "heroes" gonna defeat Othinus if she obtains a perfect Gungnir? And I'm assuming Kamachi will make her get Gungnir
Old 2012-12-22, 16:14   Link #21948
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
So... how are the "heroes" gonna defeat Othinus if she obtains a perfect Gungnir? And I'm assuming Kamachi will make her get Gungnir
Same as always, slowly removing her power-ups one at a time.

It worked for Carrisa and Fiamma, so Othinus won't be any different.
Old 2012-12-22, 17:16   Link #21949
tsunade666

^but the problem for Othinus is we don't know yet the source of her power and majin is a status. Unless they manage to null it or destroy Gungnir. Beating her is next to impossible.
Old 2012-12-22, 18:02   Link #21950
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^but the problem for Othinus is we don't know yet the source of her power and majin is a status. Unless they manage to null it or destroy Gungnir. Beating her is next to impossible.

All in good time.
Old 2012-12-22, 19:13   Link #21951
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Do u think its possible there is something she can't do, I mean something that not matter what she can't take a 100% (Lets say Midgar)
Old 2012-12-22, 22:41   Link #21952
tsunade666

^We can't tell the limit of her powers yet but it won't be called infinite possibilities if it can't be done plus she is the type that can change the water of the world into juice if she wanted it. The wrapping or altering of the world is within the magic god's power.
Old 2012-12-22, 22:49   Link #21953
Burden

Shall I add A God Am I trope for Othinus?
Actually... this trope probably applies for a few characters...
Old 2012-12-22, 23:01   Link #21954
Phibrizzo
Honos628

No, hell I don't think most of them fit the description

Carissa does take the mask (but as a mask)
Accelerator did belive that
Kakine aspire to that
Fiamma did belive that

But so far those are the characters I would think fit with it...

Oh yeah and that make on Kanzaki SS that made the Elf.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:32   Link #21955
Burden

o-o. Woops. I meant Physical God.
Old 2012-12-23, 11:13   Link #21956
Flying-nano

1.Why superbly magician like Aleister Laura also Birdway can not reach majin or they just can not memorize amount of grimoire, but why someone like othinus index can?

2.Awaken Kakine vs Acqua of back(full power version) who will win?

3.If we implant some personality of person who personality superbly strong and distort such as Amata, Enshuu into Misaka Sister Worst and Full-tuning will they become Level5 or 3/5 4/5 of real one or just like kuroyoru case?
example Misaka Worst who Mugino personality(really strong and brutal) was implanted make she has power 1/5 of real one.

4.If they want Rikou to be use power freely(but who?) why they do not make some magic item that make esper power gone out of control I have this idea after read vol16 chapter4 part1 there is spell that make esper power out of control, because now there is esper that power was sealed by walking church so esper who power is released by magic?
Old 2012-12-23, 11:36   Link #21957
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-nano View Post
1.Why superbly magician like Aleister Laura also Birdway can not reach majin or they just can not memorize amount of grimoire, but why someone like othinus index can?
Not everybody wants to be a Maijin.

Not everybody needs to be a Maijin to accomplish their goals.

Edit: almost forgot, you can only become a maijin every couple hundred/thousand years.

Quote:
3.If we implant some personality of person who personality superbly strong and distort such as Amata, Enshuu into Misaka Sister Worst and Full-tuning will they become Level5 or 3/5 4/5 of real one or just like kuroyoru case?
example Misaka Worst who Mugino personality(really strong and brutal) was implanted make she has power 1/5 of real one.
No because that's not how it works.

The personalities only affect how their use their powers, but it doesn't give them a massive shounen power-up.

To be exact, the personalities are a side effect of inputting a person's thought pattern, which is the main point.

(Also, what was given to Worst was not Mugino's thought pattern.)

Quote:
4.If they want Rikou to be use power freely(but who?) why they do not make some magic item that make esper power gone out of control I have this idea after read vol16 chapter4 part1 there is spell that make esper power out of control, because now there is esper that power was sealed by walking church so esper who power is released by magic?
Himegami's ability is that of a Gemstone, we can assume they are slightly different than normal Espers.

Secondly, why bother? On the Science Side they have Capacity Down. On the magic side we have seen how easy it can be for untrained Espers to accidentally trigger a magic spell themselves.
Old 2012-12-23, 11:53   Link #21958
Flying-nano

^
^
Thank for answer my nonsense question I just read whole series a few week ago and do not get it much.
For rikou case I think like that, because she involves with someone from kamijou faction who know some detail about magic.

Quote:
Here some nonsense question series 2.

1.Kakine dark matter is inorganic so does it could support telesma if we use it as a magical item?

2.Does kakine can use magic, after I read nt6 preview it seems like he does not have to rely on bloods vessel anymore?

3.Someone argued with me that Accelerator black wings was not organic version of darkmatter and it was not anytype of darkmatter, but it made from amount of AIM so can anyone confirm what black wings also white wings are?

4.Curtana 1-2 can bluff people with telesma for people who believe in something that fit with Their's condition so we can make the magic items similar to that, but send telesma to espers or people(must have been esper) who not believe in magic or oppose magic or magic faction and make or force them use magic then they will suffer with bloods vessel bursted and it will become mass esper terminate weapon?(like Accelerator got sth like this in nt3.)

5.What will happen if we implant darkmatter(like Byouri did before) in to esper?

Last edited by Flying-nano; 2012-12-23 at 13:48.
Old 2012-12-23, 12:14   Link #21959
Inept Forum User

This might be a silly question (particularly since we have so little to go on at this point), but do you think it may be possible to sabotage Gungnir's forging in order to prevent absolutes?
Old 2012-12-23, 14:41   Link #21960
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
This might be a silly question (particularly since we have so little to go on at this point), but do you think it may be possible to sabotage Gungnir's forging in order to prevent absolutes?
Well if every attempt to stop Gremlin fails and Othinus reaches that stage of her plan (making Marian forge Gungnir) I think it's a good chance to mess with her, like giving her an incomplete version of the spear like what Brunhild had. Afterall it happened to Brunhild herself, something about her nature as a Saint influencing the creation and making the spear closer to the spear of Longinus and the fact that using fire,frost and ice formed a trinity weakened Gungnir to 70%.

It's really a slim chance though.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen