AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-28, 11:18   Link #281
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliaric View Post
Same me, voice and visual is very nice...

Also agree. I waited all ~49 minutes for a full animeted fight like Samurai Champloo for example.
Just so everybody is clear, onee-chan is twenty-seven year old so she is definitely an older sister character despite the fact that she has a cute character design and flat as hell.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:07   Link #282
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Spoiler for HUEG IMAGE:

Hida Takahito is FAAABULOUS.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:22   Link #283
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Spoiler for HUEG IMAGE:

Speaking of the father, Nisio's writing another 12 chapters (1 volume) and releasing it along with the BR/DVD release right (something I randomly saw 2 days ago and very randomly forgot because I fail to understand what the crap is reading drama (is it just like drama cd except one guy's doing all the talking)?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:57   Link #284
brain
house music addict

Did anyone else watch this premier episode and think of "the Way of the Leaf" from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time novels? Apologies for not providing more detail for those that haven't read the series... but it's a 10,000+ page epic fantasy series so there is no brief way to explain it.

I thought that the flow of the story as it played out in ep1 was a little awkward but I am accustomed to seeing that in ep1s in general. The characters are refreshing, both for their personalities so far and their visual designs. I think it also invokes a bit of Kenshin nostalgia.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 13:43   Link #285
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I have been going through a lot of bloggers' opinion of Katana and I can honestly say that people who doesn't like it simply doesn't understand what happens when a light novel gets adapted.

I mean come on, what the hell do you expect people to do when the only thing they have to work with is dialog and a few simple character designs. I can say in confidence that Nisio is one of this generation's greatest writer simply because his work appeal to us.....and because he is not a freaking troll like other writers that take year-long breaks just because their anime adaptations were a hit.

Man, I can literally feel the fanboy in me raging.
And I can feel the need to purge the word 'troll' from the internet raging in me.
Let's have a battle, but let's talk instead of actually fighting.

It's pretty arrogant to assume that everybody who doesn't like it doesn't understand. That's simply closing your eyes to the possibility that there actually could be flaws (which of course every piece of fiction has).

The big problem that the very few people, who actually dislike this anime while still watching it, have is that it just does not really make use of anything that propels it above the reading experience or even on the same level.
While most adaptions have at least some redeeming factors, like seeing a particular scene in motion at least, except from the opening scene most things could have been expressed in a few illustrations, too.
It's of course hard work to actually adapt a novel into a visual medium, but it cannot be excused with the fact that 'There were many words there, many words have to be present in the adaption'. While it may rob something of it's linguistic wit, it could be replaced by individual values of an anime.
So far MY biggest problem with this show is, that it gives me no actual reason to watch it.

And what reason is 'because he appeals to us'?
Who is us? And 'to appeal' means that you subjectively see him as a great writer, it doesn't immediatly put him into the pantheon of literary gods...if there even is something like that.
I myself liked what I read of Zaregoto so far.
Bakemonogatari, while being witty, suffered severely from the fact that the stories grew less and less well constructed and by the end they seemed a little to much like a deus ex machina for me, just to make every character 'develop'.
Katanagatari was, while not badly written, suffering way too much from the fact that he had to have an output of 1 volume per month and I think it shows...maybe not in his style but very well in the construction of the plot which I think is a rather simple pastiche of some historical and mythical plot elements.

While I like his writing, I think many people are right with the assumption that he hit his prime with Zaregoto. I would prefer someone like him to actually rest from time to time and collect ideas.
I think there are many other novels out there who are much better suited for an actual adaption than Nishio's works which just don't suit visual adaption (unless it's done post-modern which does not appeal the audience)...
Old 2010-01-28, 14:49   Link #286
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Ask away, I don't know if I know the answer though.
Does Koumori ever show up again? I've seen a lot of fan art of him interacting with the other members of the maniwa army and it just seems weird that there would be that much fan art without the artists having to go on anything that didn't happen.

Quote:
Spoiler for HUEG IMAGE:

May I ask where this came from?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 16:35   Link #287
ac3y

While I really liked the episode, the one thing that left me headscratching was that Shichika "fell for" Togame so quickly. Is that for real? One episode? Wow.
Old 2010-01-28, 16:55   Link #288
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Let's just pretend her geass worked
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 17:56   Link #289
tomgguez

hey,

I can see both Mazuii and gg is subbing katanagatari, which one of those two are the best one to download? I don't understand why they are always two or more groups subbing the same anime, it makes it hard to choose who is the best and who to download. Or maybe I just don't understand why it is like that, could someone explain?

Thanks
tomgguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 18:45   Link #290
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgguez View Post
hey,

I can see both Mazuii and gg is subbing katanagatari, which one of those two are the best one to download? I don't understand why they are always two or more groups subbing the same anime, it makes it hard to choose who is the best and who to download. Or maybe I just don't understand why it is like that, could someone explain?

Thanks
Well, I've watched the Mazuii version, I thought it was pretty well done. GG does tend to Skim through the dialog, due to the difficulty and laziness of their group.
Spoiler for Question.:
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 19:05   Link #291
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 1 .

50mn wow . Well , it was ok episode . Some Deja Vu and the bgm is good .

"12 swords" ? Did i just saw 2 pistols
And of course , one of them is the strongest .

Lol The Bad Guy , Koumori talk so much , as usual for the typical bad guy XD but him it's different , he's a big mouth

25:48 Lol Orochimaru 2 but younger
As usual , Bad guy won't kill yet until they got beaten ^^ Lol at the transformation XD so he can change his sex and other things
Shichika's kick was predictable . Damn if it was really Togame , ouch .
And After , bad guy's speech -_-" , let's pretend that he wanted to brainwashed Schichika .

40:46 this scene make me laugh cuz it sound like if Shichika was shocked by Koumori's weird body instead of his speech

Then Neji... no , Shichika own bad guy

But suddenly "I've fallen for you" hmmmmm yeah , as Kanon said "Let's just pretend her geass worked "

Shichika's father look badass btw
And i didn't get it , for Togome's eye , what is it so special ?

Hmmmm let the sister behind and move on . Well , it's an island but still some bad guy can come over there ..

For 1st ep , give it 5/10 .

Next episode : Wow that fast ..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 19:10   Link #292
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
Did anyone else watch this premier episode and think of "the Way of the Leaf" from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time novels? Apologies for not providing more detail for those that haven't read the series... but it's a 10,000+ page epic fantasy series so there is no brief way to explain it.
Spoiler for WoT: Way of the Leaf...spoiler for a fantasy book...necessary?:
Old 2010-01-28, 19:24   Link #293
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

I like it a lil better now that I watched it subbed.

also

Spoiler for Question about Togame in vol 12:
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 19:29   Link #294
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Hmm, I never even realized this was a double-length episode until reading the comments here; which I take to mean that "boring" is in the mind of the beholder.

Quote:
To be honest, it took me by surprise when I heard a male voice when he was first shown.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 19:57   Link #295
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
Well, I've watched the Mazuii version, I thought it was pretty well done. GG does tend to Skim through the dialog, due to the difficulty and laziness of their group.
Spoiler for Question.:
First of all, she is his OLDER sister. As I have explained in one of my past post, she is actually twenty-seven years old so despite the cute character design, she is indeed an older sister character.

And yes, she does appear again later on. Also, commenting on -Sho-'s comment.....let's just say she is more than capable of defending herself.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 20:57   Link #296
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Oh Gods, please don't tell me that one scan was from the guide book, cause I just special ordered it and I found the Koumori page.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 21:22   Link #297
herbert

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
Spoiler for Question.:
First of all, she is his OLDER sister. As I have explained in one of my past post, she is actually twenty-seven years old so despite the cute character design, she is indeed an older sister character.

And yes, she does appear again later on. Also, commenting on -Sho-'s comment.....let's just say she is more than capable of defending herself.
Yeah, if you want somebody to worry for, please worry for the main character since "he is so weak."
Old 2010-01-28, 21:33   Link #298
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just watched eps 1 yesterday.
Despite some bash to this show, to me, this show is enjoyable.
The one disappointment is less fighting, but since the original media is novel, i can tolerate that.

I can find some Nisio Isin's unique dialogue there.
I laughed when Togame is doing delayed tsukomi when she ask Shichika about "Rule the World and Kiki"...
And Koumori talks too much for a villain.

Music is definitely the best point of this show. Man, Taku Iwasaki cleary knows what he is delivering to this show.

Btw some question...
1. Why Togame has geass? Shichika seems to know about her left eye in the end of episode 1. But i can't find any explanation? Is this will be explained later or in eps 1?
2. How old is Togame? I believe Togame is older than Shichika. Shichika is like 20 years old right?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 22:04   Link #299
babohtea

Are they going to finish the whole novel series?

I'm going to keep on watching this because it's so pretty. Seriously though, is there going to be more character development than this?

I have the impression that the main male (forgot name already) doesn't really know what love is, so that's why he's acting the way he is. When I heard "I love you" at the end I actually laughed out loud because it seemed like he didn't really know what the words meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Spoiler for Question about Togame in vol 12:
I second this question.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 22:13   Link #300
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Yeah, if you want somebody to worry for, please worry for the main character since "he is so weak."
I take it then that there was a nice bit of misdirection there when they were talking about the chores, because she would have been able to handle of that particular chore as well? No worries then, indeed.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy