AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 09:17   Link #3501
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Part 1 Last Chapter

Spoiler for Part 1 Last Chapter:

EDIT: @tommythecat, why quick summaries of twice-translated material? It is quick-twice-translated material.
Hmm things should get interesting from now on,looking forward to it,thx mate for the gd job
Old 2013-06-14, 09:19   Link #3502
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Part 1 Last Chapter

EDIT: @tommythecat, why quick summaries of twice-translated material? It is quick-twice-translated material.
So it's Makabe-kun after all.I always thought that it would be pretty dumb if Mikagami and Sena get together.^^
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:20   Link #3503
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Part 1 Last Chapter

well I had the impression at least the earlier chapters you were summarizing some things from what I read. If that wasn't the case I apologize, you are working hard I'm not trying to diminish that
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:26   Link #3504
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
well I had the impression at least the earlier chapters you were summarizing some things from what I read. If that wasn't the case I apologize, you are working hard I'm not trying to diminish that
No offence taken.
To make it clear (as it's quite confusing heh), in Chapter 1 a good portion of the descriptions and most of the relatively unimportant conversation was summarized. In Chapter 2 perhaps 70% is fully (twice) translated, the other 30% included summaries of the descriptions. Of Chapter 3 only the part where Kuroneko and Kyousuke are caught by Hinata and Tamaki includes summaries and since chapter 4 there is no summarizing going on.
Old 2013-06-14, 09:27   Link #3505
laruldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Fuck Manami, I didn't like her since the first volume.
Rather funny, considering whole story of "sibling love" could not have happened if not for her involvement.
3 years ago, if not for Manami involvement, if Kirino and Kyosuke ways was not taken apart, Kirino feeling could've just normally worn out. And she likely would not discover siscon eroge as source of references. Maybe even would not become otaku at all.
And even if Kirino feeling was still same, Kyousuke would not been able see her in romantic way.
And it finished this way thanks to Manami involvement too. If not for Manami (when she orchestrated vol.10's Kyousuke temporal-moving-out), Kyousuke confidence in himself would not have returned, and he likely won't have guts for confessing at time of vol.12.
Not sure if that was within her calculations, but no matter of hidden agenda, she definitely poured a lot of oil in Kirino and Kyousuke relationship.

Last edited by laruldan; 2013-06-14 at 10:12.
laruldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:41   Link #3506
kentasaiba

- Playing eroge with my imouto, going to a date with my imouto, squabbling with my imouto, and the days of sleeping together.
- 'Make love with your imouto ♪'

°_°
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:42   Link #3507
KronosPlasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
No,he doesn't hate her. Manami is the voice of society in this series. But what gives her (the society) the right to judge over the siblings? Just because it isn't moral in the eyes of the most people? At least the other Characters are willing to accept their relationship. Manami is just the only one who doesn't accept it, so it kinda seems like everyone is against Manami (society).
Where you talking about Manami or Ayase when you said he doesn't hate her?
the society thing I get it just seem like no one cared there. Not like here in the real world were we having this talk all the time. I just felt their should have been more against them not just her. Well I guess that's because not meany people know about. That and the siblings know better not to talk so the author got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXentriK View Post
To my mind most of the hate is /a/ induced as it is where I see her the most represented that way. It doesn't change the fact that according to my personal opinion I can't help it but dislike Manami. I mean she's always plotting things behind Kyousuke's back(with Ayase for example), this just disturbs me and vol.11 just confirmed my doubts about her.
Yeah well to /a/ she a shit moralfag trying to stop muh incest.
how was she plotting with Ayase? all I recall was her saying Kyousuke and Ruri broke up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
well, in my cased, it's more like that her personality is having some problem, ever since vol 1, Kyousuke is too defenseless again her, which make her similar to his family members, true, her reason is as valid as everyone else, however, let's take Kirino and Kyousuke cold war as example, Manami is the person who partly responsible for the cause of that war, of course, it's not likely that she intent that to happen but more like she want them to become normal siblings, nothing wrong with that as well but the problem is that when the war happened and Manami is aware of it, she make no attempt to clean up her mess, or at least, mend their broken bonds, infact, she even shower Kirino with her idea, when did she have the right to barge in their relationship anyway. Second, she is considered manipulative because she have clear intent to do it, when Kirino make Kyousuke played eroge, she was worry about the prejudice of her brother, and she make him continue played to keep their bonds rather than maniplated him to love her, Manami is diffirent, she make Kyousuke into a normal people with clear intent, to be honest, what or who give her right to questioned his quality? more over , she interfere with someoneelse ego, which is an unacceptable act in term of psychology because it control a human life, of course, Kyousuke ego did return throughout the series as his ego is what make him Kyousuke. However, the fact that Manami influences Kyousuke ego to her intent is exist, which can be considered a moral issue which is far worse than Incest. And well her punch at vol 12 is just out of character, interpret that as you will.
I can only thing she didn't clear things up because she might have thought it would make things worse or scared both of them would hate her for it.
Didn't Kirino come to Manami to talk about her feelings in away bring her into the relationship? With the "making him normal thing" she said he is normal I don't see it as questioning his quality. Just speaking the truth plus she just a kid her self so I don't the she know much about psychology at the time.
I see the punch as her frustration of not getting though to them so she snapping or venting plus with Kirino taunting didn't help. Kyousuke taunting like that seemed out out character too.
You could say having him Continuing to play the games all the time is in it's own way manipulative

well the last thing I'll say on her is in the end she seeming still loved them both.
She never talks to the parents or a teacher she keeps in to her self. She didn't want to put them in that spotlight of society. So in that I can't hate her, she made mistakes like all the rest.

I hope my reply's/thoughts are clear not trying to piss people off just ... I guess I'm defending Manami thou I'm not really trying to. Eh, looking at her actions logically would that be it?

Last edited by KronosPlasma; 2013-06-14 at 09:53.
KronosPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:52   Link #3508
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
Didn't Kirino come to Manami to talk about her feelings in away bring her into the relationship? With the "making him normal thing" she said he is normal I don't see it as questioning his quality. Just speaking the truth plus she just a kid her self so I don't the she know much about psychology at the time.
I see the punch as her frustration of not getting though to them so she snapping or venting plus with Kirino taunting didn't help. Kyousuke taunting like that seemed out out character too.
You could say having him Continuing to play the games all the time is in it's own way manipulative
Kirino didn't come to Manami to talk about her feelings, she came to Manami because she wanted her old onii-chan back. It was Manami who confronted her with her feelings for Kyousuke. As for the punch, it was in my eyes not due to not getting through, because later on Manami said something like 'if it wasn't for Kirino, then everything would have turned out good'. So it was more like due to whatever she was intending had failed with Kirino and Kyousuke dating and then snapping after Kirino taunted her.
Old 2013-06-14, 09:58   Link #3509
seangel92

Manami wants to date with Kyosuke but Kirino was more fast and now Manami is angry, isn't she?
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 10:02   Link #3510
Wilshere

Quote:
Manami wants to date with Kyosuke but Kirino was more fast and now Manami is angry, isn't she?
If she knew Kirino's feelings back then,why didnt she confess to him back then knowing that he might had harbored feelings for her???
Old 2013-06-14, 10:04   Link #3511
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Manami wants to marry him, that's for sure
Old 2013-06-14, 10:08   Link #3512
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
Manami wants to marry him, that's for sure
I think he is better with his ''Imouto-Wife''
Old 2013-06-14, 10:08   Link #3513
laruldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
- Playing eroge with my imouto, going to a date with my imouto, squabbling with my imouto, and the days of sleeping together.
- 'Make love with your imouto ♪'

°_°
Looks mistranslation, there are no indication that "sleeping together event" happen more than once in original text, it just enumeration of various events that happened in course of those days.
And "Make love with your imouto" is part of with next sentence, it's more like
Spoiler:
(no offense@SigUp, of course, this kind of mistakes cannot be avoided in double&quick translation)
laruldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 10:12   Link #3514
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
If she knew Kirino's feelings back then,why didnt she confess to him back then knowing that he might had harbored feelings for her???
Mmmm I think that She thought that Kirino had not ovaries and Kyosuke had not that interest in his sister xD
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 10:23   Link #3515
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruldan View Post
Looks mistranslation, there are no indication that "sleeping together event" happen more than once in original text, it just enumeration of various events that happened in course of those days.
And "Make love with your imouto" is part of with next sentence, it's more like
Spoiler:
(no offense@SigUp, of course, this kind of mistakes cannot be avoided in double&quick translation)
I wasn't sure about the one with the sleeping either, perhaps I'll take it out, here's the original Japanese version for those who understand Japanese

気付けば一緒に寝ていたりして。

As for the Make love with your imouto, that's the title of a game, although I dislike the use of 'make love' (due to the obvious meaning in English) I still used it, as this was the expression used in the anime sub and the translation of volume 1. The Chinese and Japanese expression captures the meaning better with 恋.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:28   Link #3516
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
I can only thing she didn't clear things up because she might have thought it would make things worse or scared both of them would hate her for it.

well the last thing I'll say on her is in the end she seeming still loved them both.
She never talks to the parents or a teacher she keeps in to her self. She didn't want to put them in that spotlight of society. So in that I can't hate her, she made mistakes like all the rest.

I hope my reply's/thoughts are clear not trying to piss people off just ... I guess I'm defending Manami thou I'm not really trying to. Eh, looking at her actions logically would that be it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manami
"Kyou-chan is an idiot."

"When you are faced with something you can't do, you could just say 'it can't be helped.' If you don't give up no matter what, maybe someone will call you cool but you won't be happy. Besides, I think that only a special individual could do that. But Kyou-chan is not."
Again, how did she know that Kyousuke is not one of those individual, he want to help other and tried his best , though it might failed, and she want him to abandoned them just because 'it can't be helped", who is right, i will let you decided, a special type of individual, not even genunie psychologist and human resource said that, it's just her biased opininon about quality as a man of Kyousuke. Psychology aside, she say the word Disgust to a child not even reach puberty yet,
Quote:
I see… However, Kirino-chan.

Don't you think it's strange to love your onii-san?

I think it's not only strange. It's weird. Some will think that it's gross, disgusting.

Siblings can't get married. Your parents will surely oppose it.

The truer Kirino's feelings are, if you grow up without changing them, the more misfortune it will bring for someone.
This is unavoidable. No one, not even Kyou-chan, can change it.

Not the current Kyou-chan — not the same Kyou-chan that Kirino loves.

Because, Kirino's ideal 'amazing onii-san' didn't exist.
That's why, Kirino.

You mustn't tell those feelings to anyone.

Hurry up and forget them, and make up with your real onii-san.

Please come back — and become a normal pair of siblings
same thing as above, who or what give her the right to barge in their relationship. "Kirino's ideal 'amazing onii-san' didn't exist" no, he do as what he have done is undeniable, even if he change, his ego still return at the end and he almost back to the old Kyousuke. Again, how did she know that who the real Kyousuke is, she is not Lacian and more to that, the super-kyousuke is more real than the peace loving one, as he retun gradually with time. "You mustn't tell those feelings to anyone. " - This is just stupid, she is not their parent, not their family and have the guts to spill those word but not the guts to admit that fact to Kyousuke or try to clean her own mess, shower a child with Gross and disgusting,, those word are more fitting for her.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 10:32   Link #3517
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
same thing as above, who or what give her the right to barge in their relationship. "Kirino's ideal 'amazing onii-san' didn't exist" no, he do as what he have done is undeniable, even if he change, his ego still return at the end and he almost back to the old Kyousuke.
Well, not fully. He found a balance between his old boastful self and the peace-loving self. It is stated in I think chapter 3 or 4 that both are part of who he is. You can put it that way, that due to Manami's intervention a normal balancing out of Kyousuke's character was prevented and only returned back on track with Kyousuke beginning his life-counseling sessions with Kirino.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:37   Link #3518
dragon1412

Quote:
Well, not fully. He found a balance between his old boastful self and the peace-loving self. It is stated in I think chapter 3 or 4 that both are part of who he is. You can put it that way, that due to Manami's intervention a normal balancing out of Kyousuke's character was prevented and only returned back on track with Kyousuke beginning his life-counseling sessions with Kirino.
i agree with that, my point is, the super-kyousuke, Kirino amazing onii-san do exist as part of kyousuke ego, and Manami outright denied his existance, if he truly didn't exist, then he will never have the guts to do those thing in the 1st place.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 10:40   Link #3519
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
same thing as above, who or what give her the right to barge in their relationship. "Kirino's ideal 'amazing onii-san' didn't exist" no, he do as what he have done is undeniable, even if he change, his ego still return at the end and he almost back to the old Kyousuke. Again, how did she know that who the real Kyousuke is, she is not Lacian and more to that, the super-kyousuke is more real than the peace loving one, as he retun gradually with time. "You mustn't tell those feelings to anyone. " - This is just stupid, she is not their parent, not their family and have the guts to spill those word but not the guts to admit that fact to Kyousuke or try to clean her own mess, shower a child with Gross and disgusting,, those word are more fitting for her.
The "Manami a shit" train sure is fun to ride on, but she really did have somewhat of a right. Manami was Kyousuke's childhood friend. When Kyousuke's ego was shot down after messing up with Sakurai, Manami couldn't bear seeing him so hurt. She just gave Super-Kyousuke a gentle reminder that he's still human so that he wouldn't be so hot-blooded all the time and get himself hurt again.

This, of course, turned him into peace-loving Kyousuke. But as SigUp said, through the course of Oreimo he is able to find a balance between his old passionate self and his peace-loving self. They are both part of him.
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 10:43   Link #3520
jandkas

With the recent flurry of messages in the forum I am more confused than I was ever before, just to clarify, Kirino and Kyousuke in the epilogue go to Akihabara in an offline meeting and Kirino kissed kyousuke. This means that they are still dating right?
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings