AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 07:25   Link #9921
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
- @ H4xx moderation: remember guys that this is the Nanohaverse... a world of seemingly imbalanced and haxxed things from the start.
Expect It’s really not; in fact Nanoha is one of the more realistic depictions of magic you see. For the most part magic is shown as a weapon, and one with definite limitations. No mage has ever even approached city busting power for instance never mind a power level to affect the universe on any kind of large scale. 99.9% of what we see is entirely replicable with bog standard cliché Sci-fi tech s you’d see on SG-1 or Star Trek. (or even modern weapons) In fact the vast majority of their stuff isn’t all that different from most sci-fi they just magic instead of technology.

Nanoha: Flight Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Anti-Gravity manipulation/jet packs

Nanoha: Teleportation
Normal Sci-fi: Teleporters of various sorts

Nanoha: Barrier magic
Normal Sci-fi: Shield generators of about 30 different types

Nanoha: Field spells
Normal Sci-fi: Phase generators/cloaks and various sorts of other pocket universes

Nanoha: Illusion magic
Normal Sci-fi: Holograms hard and soft light varieties

Nanoha: Telepathy
Normal Sci-fi: Implanted radio/sub-space/whatever transmitters or hell even flat out telepathy itself in some settings.

Nanoha: Binding Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Tractor beams, damper fields, force cages, etc etc

Nanoha: Shooting Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Blasters, death rays, bullets, etc etc.

Nanoha: Bombardment Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Missiles, bombs, grenades, mortars etc.

And so on, really Nanoha magic shows little if anything to justify the absurd level of power some people are assigning to it. They’ve never taken out a planet and we have only vague insinuations about what the cradle might be able to do (but never will) Meanwhile lots of people still drive around in simple cars, helicopters are still used, and I’m betting world hunger hasn’t been solved and so on.

Before you’re too quick to spew stuff about how “Hax” it already is I'd take a step back and look at the evidence which mostly flows against stuff like what you’re proposing. Do what you want, but don’t try and claim canon even vaguely supports it, it doesn’t. Some of you guys power levels and they're effects are wildly above or outside anything in canon and are strictly your own with little bearing on the actual canon anymore IMO, like I said do what you want, but don't try and pass this off as having any actual support in the various series. IMO Canon supports a much lower key interpretation then what you and Nighty among others are going with.
Old 2007-09-15, 07:27   Link #9922
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
@Aaron:

Heh, yes, possibilities...wait.

Lincoln/Negi...combined with the Numbers...

Spoiler for Um...:

I know the Numbers don't wear skirts, of course...but I counted on Negi's little stunt doing the...other thing.

Lincoln is GODLIKE!!

Now if only someone could illustrate what the Numbers look like AFTER they've been stri-

*radio static*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-15, 07:50   Link #9923
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And me watching the SRW@3 MAD that came with it helped in the HOTBLOODEDNESS
I actually came across the song while watching Alpha 3 vids.
Deep, DEEP impression made on me.

Quote:
@Aaron:

Spoiler for Um...:

I know the Numbers don't wear skirts, of course...but I counted on Negi's little stunt doing the...other thing.
I've heard about the effect of that sneeze in some blogs...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-15, 07:52   Link #9924
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Lincoln is GODLIKE!!

Now if only someone could illustrate what the Numbers look like AFTER they've been stri-

*radio static*
*imagines*

Uh...better not

*goes back to drawing*
Old 2007-09-15, 08:02   Link #9925
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I actually came across the song while watching Alpha 3 vids.
Deep, DEEP impression made on me.
That's how I actually came across it as well

IMA KOSO TACHIAGARE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
I've heard about the effect of that sneeze in some blogs...
You MUST see it then...

The lead up...
...and the aftereffect

This is from the very first chapter, so no real spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
*imagines*

Uh...better not

*goes back to drawing*

"The Power of Ecchi compels you, the Power of Ecchi compels you, the Pow-"

*Break Liner >>>>> Lowe*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-15, 08:07   Link #9926
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
IMO Canon supports a much lower key interpretation then what you and Nighty among others are going with.
Hmm?

I'm interested on which parts of my characterization and interpretation goes beyond lower-key. If you're talking about that Huge Final Boss thing I was talking about, mind you that it's not a proper finalization and it was never something human to begin with. I for one, like to think that as far as the human limits of Nanohaverse goes, I respect it to a degree.

Even my most h4xx of h4xx creations, the Saga der Saga Chronicles, tried to give a pseudo-Nanoha science explanation as to how "Programmed Beings" can exist from the Tome of Darkness. And other aspects of my characters... I don't see what goes beyond low-key.

In DestinyS, the only Lost Logias I intend to introduce is a terra-forming based weapon, and that Final Boss-related core thingy that isn't all that much greater than the Cradle which can already match the Dimensional Fleet toe-to-toe at full power.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-15, 08:28   Link #9927
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Frightening references to those demon lords from Warcraft 3...

All in all, I do NOT want to be on the opposing side of these monsters...

BTW, you seem to keep them all looking young...

Ahh! Yes! You've reminded me! I forgot to mention that in the Sinclairion's background story when they were planning out the Destroyers !

It was Freya's deal with Loki She agreed to help him in this, but her term is that the Destroyer canidates must all be handsome young men/boys

Quote:

@ C2F:

Can i reserve the following words for something please?

- Chaos
- Logic
- Law
I definitely won't be using 'Chaos' It would be counter productive

The word 'Law' never crossed my mind, so that's fine too...

'Logic' is a tough one... But I figure if I were to ever go that way, 'Reason' is a much cooler word

Quote:

So I was racking my brain trying to figure out why those names sounded familiar...Then Varimathras sealed the deal... Dreadlords?

*stays as far away from these guys as possible*

The three dreadlord brothers
Old 2007-09-15, 08:30   Link #9928
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It was Freya's deal with Loki She agreed to help him in this, but her term is that the Destroyer canidates must all be handsome young men/boys
Ah, so Freya's a shotacon then!

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
The three dreadlord brothers
All we need now is Kel'Thuzad to complete the picture

Old 2007-09-15, 09:01   Link #9929
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ah, so Freya's a shotacon then!

*runs*
Well, depends on how you want to look at it I guess You can look at them as 200+ years old, or as Aaron had said, "Technically, they're ageless "

And just look at them as how they are physically

Quote:
All we need now is Kel'Thuzad to complete the picture

Nah, I don't have anyone like that in mind
Old 2007-09-15, 09:39   Link #9930
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Well, it's done

Spoiler for Hayate & Yui:

Unfortunately, Yui ended up a bit short

Well, here height would be somewhere between Teana's and Erio's

Too bad they haven't announced the height (three sizes too ) of the characters in StrikerS, it'd be easier to define a height of my OC characters
Old 2007-09-15, 09:44   Link #9931
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

A good friend of mine just commented that I resemble Sou-kun of Lucky Star way too much, and that it frustrates her to no end some times. But you guys know how I came back from that jab, eh?

Sorry... Really off topic, but I'm so happy know I just wanna shout it out.

Quote:
- Just rest already Kamina! The girls at Heaven's cabaret await!
If you hadn't noticed, he's still here. Besides, the good dead never rest, they become Nanohaverse EPIC SPIRITS.

(runs)

Quote:
NO U!!!
Or rly? ......

Quote:
@ Thread:

In the crusade to have Keroko-chan as many guys around her as possible, here is a snippet:

Spoiler for Childhood:

*Readies anti-ICB shield*
This is somewhat random...

Quote:
What did you just see?

Stick around, you might need to brace yourself for what's ahead
And... That's makes you one of us now...

Quote:
And perhaps you Saint X, demonstrated a possibility.

*Scenarios run across the mind.*

This was disturbing. 0_0

Quote:
@Aaron:

Spoiler for Um...:

Scag: (facepalm) Armor of the Seiou, defeated just like that.

Uno: Er... Isn't it something wrong as my sisters are naked now?

Scag: I'm perfectly fine with that! But BOYS! I'm thankful that it doesn't affect BOYS!

Clotho: Shoutacon.

Quote:
Well, depends on how you want to look at it I guess You can look at them as 200+ years old, or as Aaron had said, "Technically, they're ageless "

And just look at them as how they are physically
Ah yes the question that stumped Sou-kun and me...

...What?

Hey if you bring in Kel'Thuzad we can all run 40-man Heroic Naxx.
Old 2007-09-15, 09:46   Link #9932
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Well, it's done

Too bad they haven't announced the height (three sizes too ) of the characters in StrikerS, it'd be easier to define a height of my OC characters
WIN!

You impress us once again, SparkZ, with another splendid work of yours! And Yui in her uniform in that state...

*Runs.*

Ah, seriously, it's a very well-done project. Indeed, 'tis a shame that sizes of the characters have not been defined...but we have some idea of Yui's.
Old 2007-09-15, 09:46   Link #9933
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, it's done

You know what I've said before about you getting a dark demi-god position? Well screw that! You should be in full-time !!!

P.S - For some reason, I can imagine her going, "Kana? Kana?!"

@LoweGear

Remember what we talked about for Cero ? Would this be a good 'subject' ?
Old 2007-09-15, 09:49   Link #9934
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
So in the end we're really going to have The War of The Harem? I pray to God it won't cost this little planet.

Reposted from fanfic thread, because some of us just don't have time to visit it.

=============

Finally, the grand finale.

Yes, everyone, this marks the end of our very own stage presentation that is Magical Girl Lyrical Cinderella. I am not sure if I should write another humor/parody Nanoha fanfic, because right now I have other stories to take care of (A's Combat being one of them).

Anyway, thanks for reading and following this story. Every piece of comments and feedback is very appreciated.

Until then.

*cue music of Trombe!*
Hmm... for some reason, I didn't quite enjoy this one. Dunno why though...

But it's a good piece. Two thumbs up.

Quote:
Just to buy time and contribute while I complete Cero's solo performance

For fun, here's a random brief look at Silvora's Vampire Royal Guards, in other words - His team of Destroyers, all of which have joined about the same time as he did.... Don't worry, They're not getting any screen time

Spoiler for Vladimir (Varimathras), Destroyer of Trust:

Spoiler for Dimitri (Detheroc), Destroyer of Honor:

Spoiler for Bierko (Balnazzar), Destroyer of Peace:

P.S - Wonder who could guess where they're from
So how l33t are these controlling powers anyway?

Because this frost/water/blood of enemy can be easily one-hit-kills with ease if it's taken to its extreme.

Aside from that, it's pretty barebone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Expect It’s really not; in fact Nanoha is one of the more realistic depictions of magic you see. For the most part magic is shown as a weapon, and one with definite limitations. No mage has ever even approached city busting power for instance never mind a power level to affect the universe on any kind of large scale. 99.9% of what we see is entirely replicable with bog standard cliché Sci-fi tech s you’d see on SG-1 or Star Trek. (or even modern weapons) In fact the vast majority of their stuff isn’t all that different from most sci-fi they just magic instead of technology.

Nanoha: Flight Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Anti-Gravity manipulation/jet packs

Nanoha: Teleportation
Normal Sci-fi: Teleporters of various sorts

Nanoha: Barrier magic
Normal Sci-fi: Shield generators of about 30 different types

Nanoha: Field spells
Normal Sci-fi: Phase generators/cloaks and various sorts of other pocket universes

Nanoha: Illusion magic
Normal Sci-fi: Holograms hard and soft light varieties

Nanoha: Telepathy
Normal Sci-fi: Implanted radio/sub-space/whatever transmitters or hell even flat out telepathy itself in some settings.

Nanoha: Binding Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Tractor beams, damper fields, force cages, etc etc

Nanoha: Shooting Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Blasters, death rays, bullets, etc etc.

Nanoha: Bombardment Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Missiles, bombs, grenades, mortars etc.

And so on, really Nanoha magic shows little if anything to justify the absurd level of power some people are assigning to it. They’ve never taken out a planet and we have only vague insinuations about what the cradle might be able to do (but never will) Meanwhile lots of people still drive around in simple cars, helicopters are still used, and I’m betting world hunger hasn’t been solved and so on.

Before you’re too quick to spew stuff about how “Hax” it already is I'd take a step back and look at the evidence which mostly flows against stuff like what you’re proposing. Do what you want, but don’t try and claim canon even vaguely supports it, it doesn’t. Some of you guys power levels and they're effects are wildly above or outside anything in canon and are strictly your own with little bearing on the actual canon anymore IMO, like I said do what you want, but don't try and pass this off as having any actual support in the various series. IMO Canon supports a much lower key interpretation then what you and Nighty among others are going with.
I'd add that what we see are 'legal' things. The magic employed by what we see are things considered acceptable while things we don't see, but are only mentioned are considered illegal and dangerous for a reason. And besides, I don't think anyone here ever made a character or something within reasonable limits (( other than maybe... FlameSparkZ )) that has planetary- destruction powers, even if jokes are often being made about how Nanoha and co. can destroy moons or some crap like that.

In fact, I'd say that most of the things I create (( and intend to )) have links to acceptable pseudo-science.

Darkness of the Tome : Basically, it's an expanding energy field with a centralized energy core that disintergrates and consumes energies from the field.

Megiddo : Basically, it's a terra-forming device converted into a weapon, with pseudo-Jewel Seeds as its reactor. The original concept was alas, anti-matter engine. :P

Final Boss : Death Star aka planetery weapon system, only that its power source is magic of the moons.

@Flame, awesome picture.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-15, 09:54   Link #9935
Aaron008R

Quote:
You MUST see it then...

The lead up...
...and the aftereffect

This is from the very first chapter, so no real spoilers
Dangerous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Hmm?

I'm interested on which parts of my characterization and interpretation goes beyond lower-key. If you're talking about that Huge Final Boss thing I was talking about, mind you that it's not a proper finalization and it was never something human to begin with. I for one, like to think that as far as the human limits of Nanohaverse goes, I respect it to a degree.

Even my most h4xx of h4xx creations, the Saga der Saga Chronicles, tried to give a pseudo-Nanoha science explanation as to how "Programmed Beings" can exist from the Tome of Darkness. And other aspects of my characters... I don't see what goes beyond low-key.

In DestinyS, the only Lost Logias I intend to introduce is a terra-forming based weapon, and that Final Boss-related core thingy that isn't all that much greater than the Cradle which can already match the Dimensional Fleet toe-to-toe at full power.
As for me, the unique things I've introduced here is the concept of altered entities due to a Lost Logia, a Hybrid Familiar and a limited form of psionics...

Quote:
Ahh! Yes! You've reminded me! I forgot to mention that in the Sinclairion's background story when they were planning out the Destroyers !

I see now...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-15, 09:54   Link #9936
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, it's done

NAISU!!!!!

Master FlameSparkZ has owned LoweGear's head for 1000 Moegatons!!!

Master FlameSparkZ is GODLIKE

Master FlameSparkZ is OWNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

Scag: (facepalm) Armor of the Seiou, defeated just like that.

Uno: Er... Isn't it something wrong as my sisters are naked now?

Scag: I'm perfectly fine with that! But BOYS! I'm thankful that it doesn't affect BOYS!

Clotho: Shoutacon.
I agree with Jail, there's nothing wrong with that

Quote:
@LoweGear

Remember what we talked about for Cero ? Would this be a good 'subject' ?

Yui's available, soooooooo.....

*daemonic laughter*

Old 2007-09-15, 09:55   Link #9937
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

So how l33t are these controlling powers anyway?

Because this frost/water/blood of enemy can be easily one-hit-kills with ease if it's taken to its extreme.

Aside from that, it's pretty barebone.

*Shrugged*

I don't know I haven't seen them since the end of my "Shaman King" and "Teen Titans" hype-days
Old 2007-09-15, 09:58   Link #9938
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I see now...
In case you were thinking it... Yes, she's going for a reverse harem

Not very successful though No volunteers

Quote:

*daemonic laughter*
Funny you should use the term 'daemonic'

(80% complete...)
Old 2007-09-15, 09:58   Link #9939
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
WIN!

You impress us once again, SparkZ, with another splendid work of yours! And Yui in her uniform in that state...

*Runs.*

Ah, seriously, it's a very well-done project. Indeed, 'tis a shame that sizes of the characters have not been defined...but we have some idea of Yui's.
Thanks

Quote:

You know what I've said before about you getting a dark demi-god position? Well screw that! You should be in full-time !!!
Full-time, huh....tempting

Quote:
P.S - For some reason, I can imagine her going, "Kana? Kana?!"
Yeah, since the seiyuu is the same as Filia :3

Quote:
@Flame, awesome picture.

Quote:
NAISU!!!!!

Master FlameSparkZ has owned LoweGear's head for 1000 Moegatons!!!

Master FlameSparkZ is GODLIKE

Master FlameSparkZ is OWNING

Quote:

*daemonic laughter*
Eh?
Old 2007-09-15, 10:04   Link #9940
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
*Shrugged*

I don't know I haven't seen them since the end of my "Shaman King" and "Teen Titans" hype-days

So you create these characters with these powers, but you don't know their limits?

Closed Thread