AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-03, 22:36   Link #81
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
She is the reincarnation of the mother of his child, that he promised to meet again. Isn't it a bit unfair to her to do something like that?
If he is Fudo, he met her. There was no promises about falling in love again. It's not unfair.

Quote:
Wasn't it outright stated that the only reason why she became a brocon was because she sought to make herself whole again? Though at this point in time what's to stop Kawamori from retconning that as well? Its not like Genesis matters anyway.
She thought he was the reincarnation of Apollonius.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-03, 22:44   Link #82
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
If he is Fudo, he met her. There was no promises about falling in love again. It's not unfair.
I'm pretty sure they did make a promise to keep on loving each other when they met again, heck that's what the main theme song was about.

Quote:
She thought he was the reincarnation of Apollonius.
It was outright said that she as half a reincarnation sought to become whole again that was the reason for her behavior towards Sirius. In addition to that the only reason why they wanted to believe that he was Apollonius was because of their parents' disappointment when they found out that he wasn't. Hence why once both of then stopped caring about reincarnations the subtext stopped showing up. Also Slyvia had abandonment issues.
Old 2012-06-03, 22:48   Link #83
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Why is the book of genesis green in color? Isn't the nomal color red, the one Rena was holding back in genesis?
They can't get the color right or because it's only the Vega half?

TBH, if Zessica does turn out to be the light half of Touma, i don't really see what the hell Apollonius problem was in the first place in regards to Touma. Why would he fall for someone like Celiane?
Indeed. Mikono as the reincarnation of her has come off as a real ***** compared to Zessica, especially if she's the reincarnation of Touma's light side, and since this is reincarnations and stuff...

Still, getting your girlfriend together with your dog? How is that not really messed up? Even still, hm being a dog the entire time and getting with anyone is still messed up even if Zessica is a part of Touma it would still be messed up. Though I could at least see him getting Zessica and his dog together to troll them both for trying to get in his way when his girlfriend is concerned.

Apollonius should have killed that dog a long time ago, not very loyal considering he's been wanting to steal her away for over 24,000 years huh?
Old 2012-06-03, 22:49   Link #84
Thess

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they did make a promise to keep on loving each other when they met again, heck that's what the main theme song was about.
Huh? The main theme song is about Touma and Apollonius. Pay attention to the lyrics. They were the ones who were lovers in the beginning of the universe.

Quote:
It was outright said that she as half a reincarnation sought to become whole again that was the reason for her behavior towards Sirius. In addition to that the only reason why they wanted to believe that he was Apollonius was because of their parents' disappointment when they found out that he wasn't. Hence why once both of then stopped caring about reincarnations the subtext stopped showing up. Also Slyvia had abandonment issues.
Of course, but that doesn't explain why Amata isn't gay for Kagura, right? He has the same abandonment issues and Kagura is his Dark Half.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-03, 22:58   Link #85
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Huh? The main theme song is about Touma and Apollonius. Pay attention to the lyrics. They were the ones who were lovers in the beginning of the universe.
Really now?

Cause when the song was sung in series, by the elemental pilots, one would think that the song wasn't about Touma.

Quote:
Of course, but that doesn't explain why Amata isn't gay for Kagura, right? He has the same abandonment issues and Kagura is his Dark Half.
Wouldn't be the first retcon from EVOL wouldn't it?

Besides Slyvia had a lot of reasons for her to end up the way she did.
Old 2012-06-03, 23:00   Link #86
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Still, getting your girlfriend together with your dog? How is that not really messed up? Even still, hm being a dog the entire time and getting with anyone is still messed up even if Zessica is a part of Touma it would still be messed up. Though I could at least see him getting Zessica and his dog together to troll them both for trying to get in his way when his girlfriend is concerned.

Apollonius should have killed that dog a long time ago, not very loyal considering he's been wanting to steal her away for over 24,000 years huh?
I think someone explained earlier that Pollon was a proper shadow angel, but that shadow angels can take all sorts of forms. Nonetheless, Pollon reincarnated into a human being, twice. Hell, I can't even be sure that part of Sylvia isn't ShuShu.

Well, Pollon wasn't going to actually get anywhere while both Celiane and Apollonius were alive. It's possible for a person to love someone and yet not want to get in the way of that person's current relationship.

Why not compare Pollon to Zessica? Zessica loves Amata, but isn't trying to win him away from the person he loves. Part of her reason for that is because she truly loves him. However, she did start to say that line about how maybe in another 12,000 years, they could get together. That's what she was hoping for. And that is probably the way that it was for Pollon, who we are told prayed that he and Celiane could be together in the next life. That's not wrong, or a betrayal.

If Apollonius/Fudo-Apollonius can no longer be with Celiane or whatever parts are split off from her, then I can't see him objecting incredibly strongly to her being with someone who truly loves her. He probably wants her to be happy.

Quote:

That seems to fit with what I remember of Genesis. On the other hand, it doesn't mean that it always has to happen. If Zessica and Touma are split halves too, they don't seem to be trying to become one person aga - oh. Scratch that argument.

Still, that doesn't mean that a split soul is the same person as they were before. It seems that in Aquarion-verse, souls can split or merge in many different ways, too.

Thinking about it, the theme song Sousei no Aquarion could work for a number of characters. Right now it sounds a lot like Toma to me.
Old 2012-06-03, 23:03   Link #87
crayven

Remember how during one of the angel fights Apollonius took over Apollo body and scolded Celianne/Sylvia for being a weak soldier? There's no way the angelic dog Pollon can imitate his master to that extent.

Last edited by crayven; 2012-06-03 at 23:16.
Old 2012-06-03, 23:26   Link #88
Thess

Quote:
Really now?

Cause when the song was sung in series, by the elemental pilots, one would think that the song wasn't about Touma.

Quote:
On the day the earth began, under the tree of life.
We listened together to the sound of distant whale song.
Everything we lost, and everything we loved.
I embrace with these arms, but where do I wander now?
The amber star above holds its secrets.
This undying, brilliant spirit, without you but a vengeful angel.
It always sounded like Touma mourning for Apollonius. The sitting under the tree of life and listening to the whale's song since the beginning is a dead give away.

Quote:
Wouldn't be the first retcon from EVOL wouldn't it?

Besides Slyvia had a lot of reasons for her to end up the way she did.
I am aware. I am saying that the other half longing is not necessarily because of longing to be together. They had their bag of issues.

Old 2012-06-03, 23:33   Link #89
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Really now?

Cause when the song was sung in series, by the elemental pilots, one would think that the song wasn't about Touma..
Forget the lyrics. In that very same scene in the movie, Touma specifically said that it was their song.

Oruha: Master Touma, is this song...
Touma: At last you remember, Wings of the Sun. Our song of Genesis.
Old 2012-06-03, 23:41   Link #90
mayumi

"Noon sun is life" - Zessica
"Night time moon is death" - Mikono
Old 2012-06-03, 23:55   Link #91
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I think someone explained earlier that Pollon was a proper shadow angel, but that shadow angels can take all sorts of forms. Nonetheless, Pollon reincarnated into a human being, twice. Hell, I can't even be sure that part of Sylvia isn't ShuShu.

Well, Pollon wasn't going to actually get anywhere while both Celiane and Apollonius were alive. It's possible for a person to love someone and yet not want to get in the way of that person's current relationship.

Why not compare Pollon to Zessica? Zessica loves Amata, but isn't trying to win him away from the person he loves. Part of her reason for that is because she truly loves him. However, she did start to say that line about how maybe in another 12,000 years, they could get together. That's what she was hoping for. And that is probably the way that it was for Pollon, who we are told prayed that he and Celiane could be together in the next life. That's not wrong, or a betrayal.

If Apollonius/Fudo-Apollonius can no longer be with Celiane or whatever parts are split off from her, then I can't see him objecting incredibly strongly to her being with someone who truly loves her. He probably wants her to be happy.

That seems to fit with what I remember of Genesis. On the other hand, it doesn't mean that it always has to happen. If Zessica and Touma are split halves too, they don't seem to be trying to become one person aga - oh. Scratch that argument.

Still, that doesn't mean that a split soul is the same person as they were before. It seems that in Aquarion-verse, souls can split or merge in many different ways, too.

Thinking about it, the theme song Sousei no Aquarion could work for a number of characters. Right now it sounds a lot like Toma to me.
You misinterpet me. I said it's still messed up even if Amata got with Zessica even if she's the light side of Touma because he's still a doggy. And that getting them together could work as Apollonius way of trolling them for getting in the way of his love for his reincarnated girlfriend and himself. It's like the writers just have a huge fetish with beastality(Or watching it since if Fudo is Apollonius that's all kinds of weird when he says "I'm always with you to Mikono. Which means he likes watching?") though and it makes you wonder why they went this path and what the hek Apollonius has been doing since those two promised to meet and love each other again than... The Dog is the one that shows up instead?
Old 2012-06-04, 00:03   Link #92
Kakkou
Tch.

For goodness sake, does no one understand the meaning of reincarnation? Leaving aside that whole past life identites and relationships, why does Amata/Kagura/Amagura loving Celiane's reincarnation suddenly make the writers beastiality fetishists? He's a human now. Not a dog (shadow angel). The base of his spirit may be Pollon, but he's now Amata, just like how Silvia and Mikono are no longer their past lives.

Seriously, for all we know someone here may have been a horse in their last life. Heck, I may have been a prawn.
Old 2012-06-04, 00:17   Link #93
Destined_Fate

Still doesn't change that the dog wanted to get freaky with her when he was still a dog and now he's actually gonna get that wish. So yeah, I'm going with the beastality fetish as why things turned out as they did.
Old 2012-06-04, 00:24   Link #94
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

So the couple romance which the entire fandom in genesis supported is actually a NTR that was successfully executed by a dog...

Now then, where the hell is Apollonius then?
Old 2012-06-04, 00:26   Link #95
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
At this point it looks like he was the first Aquarion all along, and NOT just his wings.
Old 2012-06-04, 00:32   Link #96
ZetaAEUG

So I just watched the ep and Mikage's motivation is to get revenge on apollo for tricking him into believing he was apollonius. With 3 episodes left, I don't have any more hope for the characters or their motivations anymore.

Mikono's intentions still remains a mystery, is she just romantically interested in both Amata and Kagura, unknowingly (or knowingly) manipulating them to fight each other? Maybe when they both collapse of exhaustion fighting over her, she'll be able to connect them once again, maybe that's her plan. Kagura remains the same as he was at the start, very little to no development with his personality. I actually had hopes that he'd rebel against Mikage at one point and become his own person, but a dog is ever loyal to its master. And Amata, at least I know now why he's so obsessively in love with Mikono like that, his soul is inherited from a dog so his devotion is unfaltering.

Still, there's room for speculation on where apollonius is because they don't outright say it, but seeing as apollo was possessed by apollonius while in the vector machine of the solar aquarion, one can safely assume that apollonius' soul is somehow trapped in the aquarion. Hopefully by the end they can trap Touma/Mikage's soul in another robot so it won't reincarnate again (and spawn another awful sequel that retcons).
Old 2012-06-04, 00:33   Link #97
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
At this point it looks like he was the first Aquarion all along, and NOT just his wings.
So when Mykage said he want to get the original Aquarion, what he really meant was he wants to truly get Apollonius this time.
Old 2012-06-04, 00:48   Link #98
Destined_Fate

Quote:
So when Mykage said he want to get the original Aquarion, what he really meant was he wants to truly get Apollonius this time.
Which doesn't explain why he wants to use Zessica's body since he can't make her get pregnant by a giant mecha and his promise to her was to get her Amata not Giant Robot love. So even if he gets her pregnant inside Aquarion the child would be Amata/Amagura's and not Apollonius' so he would still be getting one upped by Apollo who beat him good 12,000 years ago. Which makes it hard to understand his motives since he's going to lose regardless anyway.

Quote:
So the couple romance which the entire fandom in genesis supported is actually a NTR that was successfully executed by a dog...

That's th question, though I don't think EVOL will offer a good excuse why he has done nothing about his 24,000 year promise to her. That dog is one crafty little traitor isn't he? Took his Masters promise and is trying to make it his own.
Old 2012-06-04, 00:56   Link #99
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Which doesn't explain why he wants to use Zessica's body since he can't make her get pregnant by a giant mecha and his promise to her was to get her Amata not Giant Robot love. So even if he gets her pregnant inside Aquarion the child would be Amata/Amagura's and not Apollonius' so he would still be getting one upped by Apollo who beat him good 12,000 years ago. Which makes it hard to understand his motives since he's going to lose regardless anyway.
Said mecha has the power to literally pollinate the Tree of Life and this is Aquarion, so yeah, it wouldn't faze me one bit if it were possible.
Old 2012-06-04, 01:03   Link #100
Dreamwinder

so if apollo/amata reincarnated form of the dog then how the hell can he use the solar wings?
Closed Thread