AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2006-01-03, 13:06   Link #21
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
At that moment in time in episode 7, Yukito-san put all his will power into saving Misuzu and "became" Sora. Thus, the space-time continium was altered and the Yukito-san in episodes 10, 11 and 12 was no longer the same Yukito-san who was there before. Or something like that. I'm probably wrong, we have to wait for Rugal to come back here and explain again.
No, what you said was exactly right. Yukito gave up his life for Misuzu in order she could continue living. Yukito reincarnated into the Crow to observe the relationship that Misuzu had with Haruka.

As for the posts above, it's recommended that you watch the series first. I'll move you in no way you can imagine. The movie is from a different perspective and will completely throw you off if you don't watch the series first. The series tends to be more genuine and true when compared to the movie because there's the romance element inside it. The series focuses more on drama instead.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 00:27   Link #22
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Send a message via AIM to PersocomChi
Question abt Air

Well I finished this series in a day and was really touched.. =.= well every romance anime I watched I've been touched.. but ya anyways... I saw the movie too and the result of poor Misuzu is the same .. any rumors that they going to have another season of Air? Because the story still have lots of plothole.. like Yukito still didn't freed Kanna and well I think most think that Misuzu is an incarnation of Kanna but Yukito didn't freed her in the end.. and what happened to Yukito.. turned to a crow? ...
PersocomChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 21:58   Link #23
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

No extra season. It was how the game left off, so I don't see any extra season being made.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 12:02   Link #24
Kuragari

There has to be more!

Spoiler:
Kuragari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:26   Link #25
BiZz
God ?

Hum... I want to know which is the best team for Air's tranlation ( Lunar or Triad )

THX you =)
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:44   Link #26
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I think Koi's the best, but it's just opinion.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:48   Link #27
Kuragari

Koi is definitely better, they give translation notes... which I think every translator should do, I've seen such horrible translation over the years... I'm not fluent but there's still so many poor translations out there that aren't even fansubs! Nobody seems to know about japanese culture, but Koi goes so far as to show people about certain customs.
Kuragari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 23:06   Link #28
BiZz
God ?

Oki thx =) Koi i'll try
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 02:07   Link #29
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
I have read that Takeda Honyakubu is good, but they are only on episode 6. Koi is good, but their font is a bit too small when watching on TV.
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 09:42   Link #30
Desiree

I just discovered this anime from watching someone's AMV... it was beautiful so it got me interested in checking out this show. I've only watched the first episode so far. I know this question might seem irrelevant and probably dumb, but I wanted to know:- how old are Yukito and Misuzu? He seems a bit old..
Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 02:54   Link #31
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I think she is 16 or 17ish and he is 19 or 20ish
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:13   Link #32
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
*roar* *grr* *foams at mouth*
I gave the cds with air on 'em to a friend, and now all of you have got me wanting to watch it again. *evil eye* *ROAR*

In order to be somewhat productive:
Anyone know what significance feathers have in Japanese myth, etc.?
Is the girl in the sky story based on existing Japanese folklore?
What would be the easiest way of getting the game (I take it it is for the ps2...?) I suppose I'd like the not-hgame, since I'd like to keep the innocent image I have of the girls glued in my head?
Does the game's story augment, set up, match, the movie/ series?
Anyone know of a way to d/l the manga? (I'm not sure how this fits in to the fansubbing thing, so feel free to reprimand me if I am at fault for asking)
Also, 1000th summer? I'm almost positive this should have been asked and answered already, but still wanting to know.

Sorry if I repeated things that were previously asked and if my questions really don't warrant an answer, but I feel that this would be the best place to get these questions answer. *scratches head*

Anyways, thank you in advance.

Last edited by Tempestuousfury; 2006-01-26 at 08:31.
Tempestuousfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:42   Link #33
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
What would be the easiest way of getting the game (I take it it is for the ps2...?) I suppose I'd like the not-hgame, since I'd like to keep the innocent image I have of the girls glued in my head?
Buy. There's the AIR all ages version for what you want. I also have the same idea, although the AIR game artbook kinda makes me want to delete it and not delete it at the same time, lol. There are "other" ways to obtain it, it's not allowed here though. Don't ask anymore about it, lol.

Quote:
Does the game's story augment, set up, match, the movie/ series?
The story of AIR was compressed into 12 episodes. AFAIK, the game is superior to the TV series. I recall some people complaining about the Aozora scene, that it was butchered. Well, as I have close to zero Japanese language comprehension, I'll never enjoy the real, full length Aozora scene.

I have no idea for the other questions =/ Someone's gonna have to drop by to anser those.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 03:58   Link #34
DanielSong39

Why does Haruko say that Misuzu doesn't really have any friends in Episode 5? I thought Misuzu and Kano were best friends?

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2006-02-02 at 17:41.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 17:44   Link #35
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I don't remember Kano and Misuzu being close friends at all. I think you missed that.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 17:58   Link #36
Monster in a box

Really basic question about the specials

I know there's a Q&A thread and all that, but I'm nuts about spoilers, a brief stroll through that thread ran me straight into what might have been some major spoilers...

So...is there any point in downloading the specials? From what I've gathered they are either

A) Based on ep.8 & 9, but kinda different (which would be...well, worthwhile to an extent)

or

B) Ep.8 & 9 treated as one episode. (utterly pointless)

Also, is there any reason to watch ep.13, or is it purely recap? I tried to bring myself to watch it, but the first minute or so just made me want to start from episode 1 again.
Monster in a box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 19:44   Link #37
Tempestuousfury
Continually amazed

Send a message via AIM to Tempestuousfury
I downloaded them, and the show, and the movie, but don't want to spend hours and hours watching it all at once and getting a heartache. :P

However, about episode thirteen, I did the same thing the first time through, so is it worth it?
Tempestuousfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 19:47   Link #38
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
This would answer your question about the specials; and yes the recap is purely recap.
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 22:07   Link #39
Monster in a box

Ah. Guess I missed that the first time I looked through the wiki...

Well, I guess it's more or less worth downloading then. I'd still prefer more stuff with Minagi and...erm...they used her so little that I can't even remember her name. FreeFreePlanetling1.
Monster in a box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 02:50   Link #40
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

the specials are def worth downloading. the recap is not..its just a recap