AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-05-12, 02:45   Link #21
Tsukishirou

Just finished the Eye arc. I think the ending was a little harsh and unforgiving, normally what happened would be normal, but not for it to happen to a main character. I was expecting "after all this everything returns to normal", so I was surprised. I also was thinking that
Spoiler:

If there really are over 100 Ch. I wonder why there are only 8 Vol. out.
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 23:00   Link #22
ivils
holic of all things CLAMP

XXXHolic

What do you think Yuko is training Watanuki for? There have been so many implications of Watanuki having to go through some crucible. But we have no idea what. I know that some people think he's going to take over the shop. But I find it very unlikely.

Last edited by ivils; 2006-06-11 at 21:40.
ivils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 23:43   Link #23
Kazu-kun

It has to do with the one who's collecting souls using that wings... I don't remember what chapter was. But anyway, Yuko said that a powerful magician was collecting souls in order to do something evil.

Since Watanuki couldn't do anything to prevent that incident, I think the only reason to have thouse wings in the story, and Yuko saying all that about the one who's behind it, is becouse he/she is the main antagonist of the story, yet to be reveled.

Thus, I believe Yuko is training Watanuki in order to fight that guy (who ever it is).
Old 2006-06-04, 07:25   Link #24
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I've just updated myself with recent chapters...

After the book worm incident, I have only three words to say about Himawari.

Burn the Witch.

I never trusted her, and the bookworm incident gave me enough evidence to suggest Himawari is better off dead.

I am sure Yoko knows something is bad about that girl, but she has no solid evidence. That sunflower girl is far too jolly and accepting of the supernatural to be ordinary. She is number one on the list of suspects to be blamed for the "wings" incident.
Old 2006-06-11, 21:43   Link #25
ivils
holic of all things CLAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun
It has to do with the one who's collecting souls using that wings... I don't remember what chapter was. But anyway, Yuko said that a powerful magician was collecting souls in order to do something evil.

Since Watanuki couldn't do anything to prevent that incident, I think the only reason to have thouse wings in the story, and Yuko saying all that about the one who's behind it, is becouse he/she is the main antagonist of the story, yet to be reveled.

Thus, I believe Yuko is training Watanuki in order to fight that guy (who ever it is).
I don't think so. CLAMP made it pretty clear she got the guy while Watanuki went to visit the world in the vase. I think it's something else, but I don't know what. Some people think he's gonna have to take over the shop, but I don't think so.
ivils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 03:33   Link #26
SayanMk
Anime Sekai Kenkyuuin

Send a message via Yahoo to SayanMk
Hmmm....

About Wataniki - Because I see the manga through pink glasses, I want Yuuko-chan to like Wataniki (as a man)
But something is not so good about him. I guess in the end, he'll just like to stay in the shop as Yuuko-chan's assistant <- good egnough! However, his blood is serious. I wonder what kind of parents he had, and even more - why they died. I'm sure there is a good reason for that, and sooner or later it will reflect on Watanuki.....

About Yuuko-chan... maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, the best. More than a goddess♥

About Himawari ... hmm... well I wonder.... It's true, that most of the time it makes us think, she's evil(how about that - she's the evil magi xD), but... I don't know...
1. The rain sprite♥ said "How can you talk to someone like that"
-> however if it wasn't for her ribbons..., *Watanuki goes dead*
2. The spell came from her book, that was no ordinary book
-> if it did't, there was no chance to find the spell
3. When the lie-woman died
-> if it wasn't for Himawari...., *Watanuki goes dead*
4. If it wasn't her, the monkey paw would not open
-> well, not so soon, but it would eventually......
So don't go burn her so fast, nobody really knows why is she destined to meet Watanuki

About Zashiki-warashi - points: ♥/10

About Mokona - maaaaaaaaaan I really want to see the real form of mokona c_C
As we see, the cute xxxkitsune has another form, I guess the thunder-god also does, and so does Mokona. Those 108 himitsu techniques....... c_C
SayanMk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 07:15   Link #27
Sundae
Nightmare 'rings

actually, I think Himawari and Watanuki is in same situation, being targeted by spirits

well, I've only read until vol 8 chapter 2 after all, need to go on
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 07:30   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun
Watanuki fight?

Did you bumb your head or something? ^^;;
Old 2006-06-24, 05:31   Link #29
SayanMk
Anime Sekai Kenkyuuin

Send a message via Yahoo to SayanMk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Watanuki fight?

Did you bumb your head or something? ^^;;
Read again the chapter in that Watanuki saves Zashiki-warashi
SayanMk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 06:19   Link #30
Soka-chan

I see no one has considered this but...don't you think that, whatever Watanuki is going to be involved into has something to do with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles??Everytime Yuko thinks about the ordeal that await "this kind boy", she thinks about "those at the other side". For me, it's clear that, sometime in the future, this two series will connect and the story maybe will be the same.

Maybe it's the bad guy form TRC the one behind the whole affair of the wings???

Hehe, it surprises me that there's still people that want or see something in Yuko and Watanuki as a couple...it's sooo obious that Clamp is implying shonen-ai between Doumeki and Watanuki...
Soka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 08:26   Link #31
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
I agree.. it's more likely that CLAMP does shonen ai than older woman. (haha not that Yuuko is that old. ^^)

Spoiler:

In terms of what Yuuko is training Watanuki for... I think it's to train him to the point in his life whether he decides to get rid of his "curse" or keep it. (Yeah... sounds more like CLAMP). There could be more to it - but I think at the moment it's still mainly at the stage of "little stories." I'll use Ghost in the Shell SAC terms for it... So right now it's mainly "Stand Alone" episodes/stories. But there's small elements starting to appear that are "complex."

I'm not too sure about a "battle" because a villain has yet to appear... if anything he'd have to be related to Watanuki (a relative?). In terms of the relationship with Tsubasa Chronicle - there's still not enough links to see whether Watanuki is directly related - but I think he'll definitely be involved in some way. (well - he already is, seeing as he met them.) As Yuuko says - there's no coincidences, only hitsuzen.
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 17:32   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayanMk
Read again the chapter in that Watanuki saves Zashiki-warashi
Yes, i do know what happened.

But Yuuko training Watanuki in the ways of martial arts just seems a lil' strange, though its something i would read of course~
Old 2006-06-24, 18:38   Link #33
YinYanX
Translator

Its been out for quite sometime in Japan. It basically crossovers over with Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles. I haven't got them yet. But I'll be planning to get them in Japanese instead of the US version. I like the originals better because they are not tweaked. I personally own Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles up to Volume 12. Only missing volume 13 and 14 at the moment.
YinYanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 09:38   Link #34
sazan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soka-chan
I see no one has considered this but...don't you think that, whatever Watanuki is going to be involved into has something to do with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles??Everytime Yuko thinks about the ordeal that await "this kind boy", she thinks about "those at the other side". For me, it's clear that, sometime in the future, this two series will connect and the story maybe will be the same.

Hehe, it surprises me that there's still people that want or see something in Yuko and Watanuki as a couple...it's sooo obious that Clamp is implying shonen-ai between Doumeki and Watanuki...
xxxHolic and TRC are so closely related that they can practally be one series. In fact the two series are one of the same story and they have been connected since the beginning. If you want to understand xxxHolic better, read TRC and vice versa.

Quote:
Its been out for quite sometime in Japan. It basically crossovers over with Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles. I haven't got them yet. But I'll be planning to get them in Japanese instead of the US version. I like the originals better because they are not tweaked. I personally own Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles up to Volume 12. Only missing volume 13 and 14 at the moment.
If that's the case, you are also missing 15 . 16 is almost completed.
sazan fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 12:11   Link #35
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I just read vol7 in the book store yesterday.

Anyone still think Himwari is not Evil

Final Comment: Watanuki looks better and more evil without glasses.
Old 2006-07-05, 12:26   Link #36
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I just read vol7 in the book store yesterday.

Anyone still think Himwari is not Evil

Final Comment: Watanuki looks better and more evil without glasses.
LOL! We were watching the anime last week some time (well, I was, my wife happened to be there while it was on the television and she was somewhat following along), and I made a statement like "Himawari is the most evil thing in this series". And she just gave me a look like I was crazy. I'm glad it's not just me.
Old 2006-07-05, 12:56   Link #37
Kazu-kun

Quote:

The "powerful magician" Yuuko said was controlling the Mushi (the wings) in order to collect souls was indeed Fei Wong Reed (the bad guy from TRC).
This has been confirmed in chapter 120 of TRC.
Old 2006-07-05, 13:43   Link #38
Soka-chan

Man, I'm the best. I've only read up to vol. 11 of TRC and vol. 7 of Holic and I knew it

Don't say anything more, the new volume doesn't come out in my country till October.

I still don't think Himawari is evil or Yuko wouldn't let Watanuki go around and with her so easily. Still, she's strange; we'll just have to wait and see why :-)
Soka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 22:44   Link #39
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I still don't think Himwari is evil or Yuko wouldn't let Watanuki go around and with her so easily. Still, she's strange; we'll just have to wait and see why :-)
Remember how man time Youko warns Watanuki about Himwari not being good for him?

Youko gives people advice and warning when they ask but she doesn't do anything else.

A few other points:
-the Rain spirit won't go any near Himwari
-Himwari is not suprise by youko or mokona
-Notice how Himwari is with watanuki and Dumneki then she leaves and bad things start happening.
Old 2006-07-07, 06:54   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

If Himawari is something evil, then Yuuko's probably leaving Watanuki around her for some kind of test.. we all know what she can be like sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Notice how Himwari is with watanuki and Dumneki then she leaves and bad things start happening.
Hmm, i don't think that has anything to do with Himawari's so called evil side, its just what happens.

Tags
fantasy, seinen