AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 15 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 7.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-10, 16:58   Link #61
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I think it's because so far he's only seen Sylphie/Silvia in her. He must know her name is Mikono (he heard Amata shout it quite a lot), but as he said earlier he's into her because of the whole used-to-be-lovers thing. Hence, Sylphie. I'm pretty sure he'll eventually get around calling her Mikono, though.
Until Kagura lets go of the past and stick to the present and see Mikono as Mikono and not Silvie, we could expect to hear from him to say "Mikono"and not MIKONO-SAAAANNNN like Amata here.....

Sounds like a death flag indeed...
Old 2012-06-10, 17:01   Link #62
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Until Kagura lets go of the past and stick to the present and see Mikono as Mikono and not Silvie, we could expect to hear from him to say "Mikono" and not MIKONO-SAAAANNNN like Amata here.....
The "-san" doesn't really matter, though. They just call each other "Mikono-san" and "Amata-kun" because in their case losing the honorifics would imply something they may not be ready for yet. They'd be too embarrassed to call each other "Mikono" and "Amata." (In contrast, see how comfortable both of them are jumping straight into using their classmates' names without honorifics.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-06-10 at 17:06. Reason: and I don't do grammar well so late at night.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:04   Link #63
queenSwild

Quote:
I think it's because so far he's only seen Sylphie/Silvia in her. He must know her name is Mikono (he heard Amata shout it quite a lot), but as he said earlier he's into her because of the whole used-to-be-lovers thing. Hence, Sylphie. I'm pretty sure he'll eventually get around calling her Mikono, though (as per the preview).
Yeah, it's probably this, but it just ruins every one of his declarations of love for me and I always wonder why Mikono is so accepting of it. If it were me, I'd be kind of annoyed. It's like loving a shadow, instead of loving her for her.

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-06-10 at 17:42.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:16   Link #64
Amata Sora

But dang......Toma, back and gayer than ever had to screw things up.......
Old 2012-06-10, 17:20   Link #65
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Yeah, it's probably this, but it just ruins every one of his declarations of love for me and I always wonder why Mikono is so accepting of it
I'm pretty sure Mikono is a little intimidated by him. Past lives or not, having a guy coming at you with this sort of fervency is not something many people can handle.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:22   Link #66
miketyson

Ianthe turned out to be impossibly lame in the end. Talk about a hamfisted plot point in service of a hamfist message, delivered in a hamfisted fashion?

For the rest, good action, it was neat finally seeing what was up with Alisia and Izumo, I feel sorry for Zessica, and wonder what happened with MIXY, Andy, Malloy, and Schrade. Should be fun next week.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:23   Link #67
kuromitsu

^But mating mayflies!! MATING MAYFLIES!!!

The subtlest of subtle!

(Also, vaginas.)
Old 2012-06-10, 17:26   Link #68
miketyson

Ok, that much was admittedly a cool way to do that one part of it. The rest? Hamfisted.

FWIW Izumo and Alisia seem more like rich parents who'd have shipped him off to boarding school anyways so they could keep gallivanting around the world, not sure if that's intentional or not.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:37   Link #69
kuromitsu

I didn't get that impression about Izumo and Alisia at all... Alisia's reason for leaving Amata behind was logical, if rather underwhelming considering the scope of the story, but as she said she never expected to end up in stasis for like ten years.

From what I got they would've loved to be a happy family if it wasn't for the whole urgent issue at Altair.
Old 2012-06-10, 18:32   Link #70
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

It's funny how this serie simply wait for the very last moment to reveal/confirm what everyone has figured out 10 episodes ago (with the exception of the infamous dog you). And of course each revelation must take around half of the episode screentime to explain a simple concept, otherwise the whole thing would have ended at episode 8.
Old 2012-06-10, 18:54   Link #71
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
It's funny how this serie simply wait for the very last moment to reveal/confirm what everyone has figured out 10 episodes ago (with the exception of the infamous dog you). And of course each revelation must take around half of the episode screentime to explain a simple concept, otherwise the whole thing would have ended at episode 8.
Its's going to be the same for Mikono's character development as well. Wait about 25 eps before she does something to save everyone in the last ep. We are all supposed to marvel at her awesomeness and grovel at her feet because of it.
Old 2012-06-10, 19:12   Link #72
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
The "-san" doesn't really matter, though. They just call each other "Mikono-san" and "Amata-kun" because in their case losing the honorifics would imply something they may not be ready for yet. They'd be too embarrassed to call each other "Mikono" and "Amata." (In contrast, see how comfortable both of them are jumping straight into using their classmates' names without honorifics.)
I meant Kagura calling Mikono the same way Amata calls her. It doesn't suits Kagura's personality shouting Mikono-saaaaa......
Old 2012-06-10, 19:51   Link #73
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Its's going to be the same for Mikono's character development as well. Wait about 25 eps before she does something to save everyone in the last ep. We are all supposed to marvel at her awesomeness and grovel at her feet because of it.
If that's the case, which seems very likely at this point, then I'm calling bullshit and that also makes her look like even more of a MacGuffin.
Old 2012-06-10, 20:43   Link #74
mayumi

"you were brave enough to go after the one you loved, I wasn't"

Yeah whatever. A 6 year abandoned by his mom and says a crappy line like this to her, excusing her of her behavior. Alicia was a bitch. This is shit writing to the max.

If what Alicia and Izumo was supposed to show us what true love is then gawd help us. These writers really do not know what they are doing at all.
Old 2012-06-10, 21:00   Link #75
HiiroKun

Thumbs up Amata-kun Fighto Fighto !!

Next Episode: Amata-kun's gonna beat some dog's ASS..
Old 2012-06-10, 21:14   Link #76
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yeah whatever. A 6 year abandoned by his mom and says a crappy line like this to her, excusing her of her behavior. Alicia was a bitch. This is shit writing to the max.
You can guess why Kagura wasn't killed off long time ago, I think the scriptwriter just love the character but thanks to that the relation between Amata and Mikono is on a permanent halt... until last episode.

Quote:
There was, is or will be?
Then I call it bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata Sora View Post
I hope kagura dies now
Someone in Japan really needs to tie up the scriptwriter in order to do so. So yeah, I hope to see him dying... BUT, I fear that it won't be as painful as some people hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I also think next episode will be used to redeem Kagura somewhat and then shift every single bit of blame towards Mykage(to make it obvious to the characters, not the viewers).

How much the scriptwriters love this kind of characters?
Old 2012-06-10, 21:15   Link #77
Thess

Wow. I was looking forward finally getting some info about Alicia and... that's it? Her love story was fine and all, but she's a horrible mother. Izumo (who I liked a lot) is too a terrible father. Didn't she have some legal guardian to keep Amata instead of leaving him on his own, running towards her and promptly traumatize him while she leaves him without any explanation? Great move.

What the hell? Were the writers attempting me to sympathize with them and blame oh-so-evil-Mykage? Because that didn't work, I felt sorry for Amata but not for them when they died. I'm starting to call this show: Bad Writing EVOL.

At least the animation and the OST keeps being amazing.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-10, 21:37   Link #78
miketyson

kuromitsu: fwiw it wasn't anything the parents said, just more their general atmosphere and clothing choices. No biggie really, just interesting to me a bit.
Old 2012-06-10, 21:46   Link #79
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
^But mating mayflies!! MATING MAYFLIES!!!

The subtlest of subtle!

(Also, vaginas.)
It turns out Altairians created their own problem by creating the Ianthe. Which makes me question why they built it in the first place.

If indeed Altair is the OVA universe then what Apollo, Silvia and Reika did with the Genesis Punch actually worked. It brought back life from the dimensional freezing that was the effect of their battle with Touma. But along the line somebody messed up their effort. Which is likely Mykage influencing Izumo's mother Oriha.

Speaking of punches lol Genesys Mugen Punch.
Old 2012-06-10, 21:49   Link #80
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
"you were brave enough to go after the one you loved, I wasn't"

If what Alicia and Izumo was supposed to show us what true love is then gawd help us. These writers really do not know what they are doing at all.
They are bad parents, thats true but Izumo didn't want to bring her back to Altair and she would not have had to have gone there if not for Mykage who told the central command about Alicia. He also stayed because he didn't know about her child and he found out after Mykage convinced the other people in Altair to send Izumo back to retrieve Altair.
So they're not as bad as most people think they are, but still not very good parents imo.
Closed Thread