Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2023-09-21, 01:44   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Studio Ghibli Purchased by Nippon Television Holdings

The end of an era - Ghibli is being bought out by NTV. While the two companies have had a long-standing working relationship, this is obviously a big deal. I can’t imagine it’s going to be a good thing for those of us that love Ghibli.

https://x.com/japantimes/status/1704...2nUXxUqCADsfww
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-21, 03:02   Link #2
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Eventually, this had to go past a Miyazaki era if it was to continue. But this will be restrained by corporate means now. Let's hope this doesn't go the way of Disney or that really would be tragic.
Old 2023-09-24, 16:52   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Suzuki says Ghibli may produce TV anime under Nippon. That would certainly be a major deal if they do it regularly (it was pretty much only Ronja in recent times).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 23:59   Link #4
Barstool74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Suzuki says Ghibli may produce TV anime under Nippon. That would certainly be a major deal if they do it regularly (it was pretty much only Ronja in recent times).
I know this post is a few months old, but I just thought. Everyone is talking about a potential new Nausicaä film from Miyazaki. But what if Nippon was interested in continuing the series as a TV show? One new film still wouldn't be enough to finish the manga, but a 26-ep anime should do it. I think the success of Frieren and its fantasy setting might be going to their heads, and greenlighting a new fantasy series might be on the cards. Plus they already have Madhouse to help Ghibli out, plus Miyazaki wouldn't even have to direct the entire thing.
Barstool74 is offline   Reply With Quote