AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-05, 09:37   Link #1
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
How is MariMite part in your life?

Basically, as the title did say, we all love this anime (well, at least those who go to this thread, right?) but a person never really likes a certain story/topic until he/she can relate to it..

So, how did Maria-sama influence you or became part of you or is part of you?

It can be the stories in your life, relationships, etc.

How did each character (Sei, Sachiko, Yumi, Yoshino, Shimako, Rei, Noriko, Youko, Tsutako, Mami, Touko, Kanako, Eriko, Kashiwagi, etc) play in you?
Old 2007-08-05, 14:23   Link #2
disney72
Going Bonklers

well for the past few weeks i treated marimite as if it was air that i need to survive. how it affected me? well... lets say, i happen to have an older sister/friend confessed to me.. and yeah its driving me nuts, i dont know what to do thats why im rewatching every episode of this anime hoping to get some kind of hint that might help me..

so to sum it all, im depending on this anime to give me some sort of an idea what to do..wahahaha
Old 2007-08-06, 01:07   Link #3
farr5792

Actually MariMite reminds me back when I was in secondary school.
I do have seniors that I admired and likewise.
I never having had a crush on somebody my age or younger than me, but always on someone older.
To tell the truth, I once have a crush on my classroom teacher. Buwahaha. But, she just get married.
Old 2007-08-06, 09:00   Link #4
Stephanie

@Disney72-san
So, is it a same-sex thing?
Well, you got to decide, if you're a religious person, here's one thing:

You never need to run away from it, if you love the person, then you love the person.. Remember, "What you resist, persist." So the more you resist, the more you'll fall in love.. However, you don't need to go to the point of touching each other and having physcial satisfaction.. Cause that's wrong in God's eyes and you've sinned greatly.

Basically, some of you are bi that's why you're watching this episode, right?
It may be hard to admit, but you are who you are.. Again, the more you resist, the more you persist.

Freak out, let it go.. You have to live your life.. You can't ever run and hide, don't just compromise cause you'll never know.. Don't watch the time go by, don't keep it inside.. Freak out, let it go..

@Farr5792-san
Please do tell more.. n_n
Old 2007-08-06, 09:17   Link #5
Stephanie

Well, my story is, basically, I started out in life like Yumi-chan.

When I was young (from the moment I was born until 14) people always called me ugly.. And no one ever knew how much inferiority complex I had, even my own family calls me ugly. I believed that my face was disgusting..

Spoiler for Copy Pasted:

So, I kinda become like Sei-chan.. Kinda like what happened to her, then after 3 years of emptiness, all I did was did what she did.. I teased people to have fun, lol.. Exactly like how she does it.. n_n

Believe me, me and my HS friend were so tight, people call us T.a.t.U.

lol, but nothing special, really..

Then after I became more mature, I kinda became like Tsutako-san.. Zen friend, but sometimes still as crazy as the former Rosa Gigantea (You have no idea)

But my fave is Sachiko-sama! n_n

dunno why..

And I am not insecure anymore.. I believe I'm pretty and despite me being bi, I got 3 guys after me.. XD

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-06 at 09:21. Reason: This story was copy pasted
Old 2007-08-06, 10:33   Link #6
disney72
Going Bonklers

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
@Disney72-san
So, is it a same-sex thing?
Well, you got to decide, if you're a religious person, here's one thing:

You never need to run away from it, if you love the person, then you love the person.. Remember, "What you resist, persist." So the more you resist, the more you'll fall in love.. However, you don't need to go to the point of touching each other and having physcial satisfaction.. Cause that's wrong in God's eyes and you've sinned greatly.

Basically, some of you are bi that's why you're watching this episode, right?
It may be hard to admit, but you are who you are.. Again, the more you resist, the more you persist.

Freak out, let it go.. You have to live your life.. You can't ever run and hide, don't just compromise cause you'll never know.. Don't watch the time go by, don't keep it inside.. Freak out, let it go..

@Farr5792-san
Please do tell more.. n_n

i dunno if im bi.. i dont have girl crushes though.. this usually happens to me(im not bragging or anything) coz they think im small(cute) and they want to baby me.. i dont mind since im an only child but as time progresses they usually crosses the borderline from being sisters to more than it is.. i personally dont cross that border.. and being the naive person that i am, it dont bother me that much.. until this recent confession.. i always see our relationship as platonic.. not like this... and it breaks my heart coz shes one of the few people whom i really think wouldnt fall for me..
Old 2007-08-06, 10:40   Link #7
Stephanie

@disney72-san
If you can't imagine or can't stand imagining kissing the person, it means you don't love him/her.. =P

Well, be honest about it.. Have a good talk with your friend.
Old 2007-08-06, 10:42   Link #8
disney72
Going Bonklers

yeah maybe... hehe lets see what happens.. my friends are planning something behind my back.. i have this feeling..
Old 2007-08-06, 10:47   Link #9
Stephanie

Behind your back? o_O
Old 2007-08-06, 10:51   Link #10
disney72
Going Bonklers

uhuh.. they usually have this afternoon chats and i accidentally overheard one of them say that they should do something about "our" current situation..

should we PM each other coz i think we having this conversation in your thread is kindda
you know.. out of the topic.
Old 2007-08-06, 14:26   Link #11
Styx101

Send a message via Yahoo to Styx101
Hi! I'm new here.. well sort of. I've been lurking for quite some time, I just never really joined in on the conversations. lol. But Marimite practically owns my life. It's my favorite anime of all time!

Probably because I can relate to it and it reminds me of the years back when I was still in higschool. I also went to an all girls catholic school (although we didn't really have that sister system, I would loved it if we did) and I did like someone back then. However, being the shy person that I am, I never said anything. But after a year or so, I did. (with a lot of convincing, lol)

I was rejected though.. lol.. but she never said that she didn't like me back. It was more of "things wouldn't work out between us" that kind of stuff. So I stepped back and didn't bother to protest with that reason. I still kept liking her for 3 years, and I confessed to her 3 times, which she till rejected of course.

The third time it was different though.. at that time I was a senior and after I graduated I would be moving out of the country. This time, even if she did say yes, I wouldn't be there anymore.

I guess we sort of have the same experience Stephanie. lol. She doesn't respond to me at Friendster either... Hahaha!

Sachiko is my fave character too then Yumi and Sei.
Old 2007-08-06, 21:34   Link #12
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx101 View Post
Hi! I'm new here.. well sort of. I've been lurking for quite some time, I just never really joined in on the conversations. lol. But Marimite practically owns my life. It's my favorite anime of all time!

Probably because I can relate to it and it reminds me of the years back when I was still in higschool. I also went to an all girls catholic school (although we didn't really have that sister system, I would loved it if we did) and I did like someone back then. However, being the shy person that I am, I never said anything. But after a year or so, I did. (with a lot of convincing, lol)

I was rejected though.. lol.. but she never said that she didn't like me back. It was more of "things wouldn't work out between us" that kind of stuff. So I stepped back and didn't bother to protest with that reason. I still kept liking her for 3 years, and I confessed to her 3 times, which she till rejected of course.

The third time it was different though.. at that time I was a senior and after I graduated I would be moving out of the country. This time, even if she did say yes, I wouldn't be there anymore.

I guess we sort of have the same experience Stephanie. lol. She doesn't respond to me at Friendster either... Hahaha!

Sachiko is my fave character too then Yumi and Sei.
Well, of course, your 'friend' is afraid.. Probably with this questions in mind, "How will people view us?", "What will happen to us?", "What will my family think of me?"

or, it could also be that she doesn't want to loose your friendship so she's being friendly.

Remember the close friend I had in HS I said? Kinda like Sei and Shimako again, really.. Well, I kinda admit I liked her, but it's not real love cause I get jelous, and when you get jelous there's a bit of self-love there..

Though, knowing this, even her mom (x_x), she was with me the whole time.. I just needed someone to lean on.. I was hurt too much.. I didn't bother making friends with anyone at all.. (Could you imagine crying 11months everyday felt? I was angry with God, and 3 years of my life has been empty.)

I wished back then that I would gladly give up my soul to hell forever, just let me hug her for 3 seconds (The first one I mentioned).. Imagine all this sadness, feeling less than a bacteria.. The only motto I had back then was, "I won't kill myself yet because I haven't tried becoming evil.."

So, well, I basically start to bully people, embarass them, throw rotten food at roofs, etc.

I was back at my country, looking at tall buildings, wishing I could jump down and just die.. Then a man came up to me and said, "My, you look so lonely, are you away from God?"

I cried all of a sudden, not knowing why, I just did..

Basically, this man revived my spiritual state, and my close HS friend revivied my emotional and mental being..

She was just there, listening to my every blab, and showed she cared..

It's like a story of a beaten bird, someone knock the hell out of it and left it in the streets.. Then, another worried person came.. That person wanted to heal the bird, so brought it home and tried to cure it.. The bird, threatened, fought back because it thought the person was trying to hurt it. So, all that person did was make it a house, and give it food and water.. Later, when the bird was been sheltered and all, it allowed the person to heal it's wounds..

The meaning of the story? Most of the time, when we give advices to people, they don't feel comfortable about it and it puts them more down.. But just show them love and care, then when they are ready, they'll come to you.. Just like what my HS friend did to me.. n_n
Old 2007-08-06, 23:03   Link #13
Styx101

Send a message via Yahoo to Styx101
Quote:
Well, of course, your 'friend' is afraid.. Probably with this questions in mind, "How will people view us?", "What will happen to us?", "What will my family think of me?"

or, it could also be that she doesn't want to loose your friendship so she's being friendly.

Remember the close friend I had in HS I said? Kinda like Sei and Shimako again, really.. Well, I kinda admit I liked her, but it's not real love cause I get jelous, and when you get jelous there's a bit of self-love there..

Though, knowing this, even her mom (x_x), she was with me the whole time.. I just needed someone to lean on.. I was hurt too much.. I didn't bother making friends with anyone at all.. (Could you imagine crying 11months everyday felt? I was angry with God, and 3 years of my life has been empty.)

I wished back then that I would gladly give up my soul to hell forever, just let me hug her for 3 seconds (The first one I mentioned).. Imagine all this sadness, feeling less than a bacteria.. The only motto I had back then was, "I won't kill myself yet because I haven't tried becoming evil.."

So, well, I basically start to bully people, embarass them, throw rotten food at roofs, etc.

I was back at my country, looking at tall buildings, wishing I could jump down and just die.. Then a man came up to me and said, "My, you look so lonely, are you away from God?"

I cried all of a sudden, not knowing why, I just did..

Basically, this man revived my spiritual state, and my close HS friend revivied my emotional and mental being..

She was just there, listening to my every blab, and showed she cared..

It's like a story of a beaten bird, someone knock the hell out of it and left it in the streets.. Then, another worried person came.. That person wanted to heal the bird, so brought it home and tried to cure it.. The bird, threatened, fought back because it thought the person was trying to hurt it. So, all that person did was make it a house, and give it food and water.. Later, when the bird was been sheltered and all, it allowed the person to heal it's wounds..

The meaning of the story? Most of the time, when we give advices to people, they don't feel comfortable about it and it puts them more down.. But just show them love and care, then when they are ready, they'll come to you.. Just like what my HS friend did to me.. n_n
Yes, I knew she was afraid. And that was why I kind of expected what her answer would be. I was just so stupid back then, because I didn't want to give up the faint hope that she'd say yes. lol. Stupid really.

So are you still trying to communicate to her? or not anymore? Which country were you from?
Old 2007-08-07, 00:30   Link #14
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

@Steph..Wow..now that would have been one major experience in your life. Well..to be honest i think every guy or girl in this world is a bi to some extent. As for me..i have never atleast fantasized about any guy. I like Maria-Sama mainly for its beautiful relationships. It changed my view on homo-sexuality a lot and it also has increased my respect for girls.

In our family..I have only a elder brother..so we miss a sister...now that my bro is getting married..i m looking forward to having a nice relation with my future sis-in-law. Maria-sama makes me feel that somethings girls understand way better than us..and an elder sister is a gr8 influence

PS: @Steph...its really good to know that u have been able to change urself so well. You have taken the experiences in ur life and made them have a positive influence on you. I think it isnt very easy for a person to accept that he/she is a homo..even though it is not wrong. For u to be so confident is a very good inspiration for many who read ur story
Old 2007-08-07, 02:50   Link #15
AMANE

Well I love this subject and I wanna answer your question.....First of all I love this series when I was in a site of animes , I forgot the name of it but it seems like that site brought up images of the new animes....then i found the first maria-sama's image it was (Shimako)...I'm really shocked when i see her....because she has a beautiful face and a nice hair style and I really attracted to her from the first ever image i saw in the whole series...then i decided to looking for the episodes of maria-sama and I really did it ... downloading the whole episodes 1 season 2 season 3 season......All that happen because of that image hhhhhhhhhh.....I really love shimako that kind of girls doesn't here these days it's rarely to see a girl like shimako's style hhhh.....when I saw the series shimako became more than just an anime character.......she became my friend ^_^...her character attracted me too....She is earnest attractive stubborn and she has a strong believe on her self lately...she has a great patience for keeping the secret about her real background and she suffering from the weakness for a long time so i think she has a strong character though she has weakness inside her....And that resemble the onee-sama of sei when she has choosen sei only because she likes her face...That's feelings became a part of my life that's mean maria-sama anime it's value thing in my life.

Last edited by AMANE; 2007-08-07 at 07:21.
Old 2007-08-07, 03:11   Link #16
Thingle
Banned

Well, lets say that Marimite made me fantasize about lesbos the Yuri-ness... No. seriously, Marimite made me appreciate platonic love.

Can't say that its "affectionate themes" affected me personally since I get really uncomfortable when I get too close to a person.

Last edited by Thingle; 2007-08-07 at 03:28.
Old 2007-08-07, 09:25   Link #17
Stephanie

@Toxic Trance-san
Ahh, thank you for the compliment.. n_n
Btw, you said you don't fantasize about guys, so are you a boy? o_O

@Amane-san
It looks like you fell inlove with Shimako-san.. XD

@Mr. Incest-san
Why do you fell uncomfortable?

@Mina-san (Mina means Everybody)
Who here is a girl and who here is a boy? So that I could see your point of view more..

Last edited by Stephanie; 2007-08-07 at 20:43.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:36   Link #18
AMANE

Quote:
@Toxic Trance-san
Ahh, thank you for the compliement.. n_n
Btw, you said you don't fantasize about guys, so are you a boy? o_O

@Amane-san
It looks like you fell inlove with Shimako-san.. XD

@Mr. Incest-san

@Mina-san (Mina means Everybody)
Who here is a girl and who here is a boy? So that I could see your point of view more..
LoooooooooooL I'm not in love with her at all....But it's just like i love her style and her character more than the others ..And anyway I'm a girl and I hate lesbians so I think Shimako for me it's only a form of a good girl ^^ that's all.

(I love the white rose family so I want Shimako to be with both Noriko and Sei as purely sisters)
Old 2007-08-07, 10:43   Link #19
Thingle
Banned

Quote:

@Mr. Incest-san
Maybe because I'm male or I'm more used to being alone. Those affectionate loveydovies are really alien to me.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:49   Link #20
Stephanie

@Amane-san
If you hate them lesbi, you must hate Sei huh?

To be honest, I think all of them are.. Since when did sisterly love become something like this? Wake up people! <.<
(That involves Shimako, mind you)

@Mr. Incest-san
Awww... But why not give it a shot? n_n
Fill up the emptiness, don't worry about getting hurt or people not returning kindness of emotions..

Ask yourself, is it not worth the risk?
Closed Thread