Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-05-04, 09:26   Link #1121
Krystal-n
Hullo World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
what do you mean by "why would the program manual bother telling people it's pronounced like that?"
I meant: In the manual, there's a note that tells you romanji input would give katakana pronunciation, and...(well I know nothing of this really) if there is no difference between katakana pronunciation and hirigana pronunciation, I'm sure people don't need to be warned...right? xD

And thanks! It's a time-sucking leech =) *nods*
Krystal-n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 10:50   Link #1122
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

...What manual are you reading? o_O

But yea, it's common knowledge that romaji (oh, without the n, romanji is not a word), katakana and hiragana all have the same pronounciation, just a different way of writing them.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:35   Link #1123
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal-n View Post
I meant: In the manual, there's a note that tells you romanji input would give katakana pronunciation, and...(well I know nothing of this really) if there is no difference between katakana pronunciation and hirigana pronunciation, I'm sure people don't need to be warned...right? xD

And thanks! It's a time-sucking leech =) *nods*
I think its probably because the Japanese learn to pronounce english using romaji... As in, an english word is first broken down into its romaji parts, and then converted to katakana (the japanese "alphabet" used for non Japanese words), and then the Japanese english learner would read the katakana and say "Okay, thats how to pronounce it". The reason why they say katakana instead of hiragana is because hiragana is never used to pronounce non-Japanese words. For example, hamburger is always written as ハムバガ not はむばが though technically they sound the same.

Uhm.. I think? Im not Japanese, just trying to rationalize.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:01   Link #1124
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

【KAITO】φは∞(ファイはインフィニティ)【オリジナル】

Lyric being auto-translated to MagiSpider's instead in brain................ orz
Old 2008-05-05, 19:19   Link #1125
Krystal-n
Hullo World!

Asamidori:

Spoiler for Manual~:

Also, no idea what program to use to make an upload-able video OTL! <--- not a smart person

So you'll have to download it instead if you're interested: Ewww...megaupload

PS: Wow, I've only ever seen that ranking preview picture one other time before <3
Old 2008-05-05, 20:09   Link #1126
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

...I lol'd. Yamaha, what crack are you smokin'?

I assume you're on Windows, use Windows Movie Maker for a very basic one.

And yea, BokaranP just recently started using nii-san as the ranking preview. Wonder when will nee-san ever make it to the preview...
Old 2008-05-06, 21:05   Link #1127
DrRad

Wasn't really sure whether I should post this here or in the Nico thread, but I have a few questions for some of you savy Nico users.

Being limited in Japanese I've been still struggling navigating the Nico site, but fortunately there are tons of blogs and threads like these that exist that help point in the right direction.

Two questions:

- There are many well known Vocaloid Arrangers/Mixers/Musicians and a few names that come to mind are Oster, Baker, yanagiP - who are some other names you all can suggest for new listeners to check out?

- Who exactly is yanagiP? Does the composer have a website or blog? The same goes with Oster and Baker. I'm mostly looking for more information about these musicians as I've come to like and respect their artistic talents.

Thank you in advance.
DrRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 21:43   Link #1128
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRad View Post
- There are many well known Vocaloid Arrangers/Mixers/Musicians and a few names that come to mind are Oster, Baker, yanagiP - who are some other names you all can suggest for new listeners to check out?
シンP, シグナルP, わんだらP, 涼之介P, ワンカップP, cosMo@暴走P, IGASIO, ぶっちぎりP, ryo, etc. There are too many to list. Oh my list is consist of mostly KAITO-related P's. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRad View Post
- Who exactly is yanagiP? Does the composer have a website or blog? The same goes with Oster and Baker. I'm mostly looking for more information about these musicians as I've come to like and respect their artistic talents.
They don't really tell you who they are, they just go by their P names. (Except SignalP. He specifically stated in this deleted video of his that he is Arai Hiroaki.) Most of them DO have a site/blog, and most certainly a Nyanppo account, but I doubt you'd be interested in that one.

Most of the time, if you want to find the blog URL to the P's, check either the uploader comment or their MyList comment and see if there's an URL to the site there.

On to the real reason why I'm here. Copypasting from my own blog:

Eh, think the Gackt vocaloid's real.

May 6, 2008 00:00's jihou, featuring a voice that sounds like a human.

May 7, 2008 00:00's jihou, featuring a voice that sounds like a vocaloid.

Same voice, no?

yuukiss, the person that did MEIKO's Nostalogic (radio edit), who was 400P on the vocaloid thread over in 2ch, posted these two "Vocannaindesu" videos today.

【本気MEIKO】 Dearest (pf mix) 【カバー曲】 / Hamasaki Ayumi cover song

【KAITO】 忘れるわけないでしょ (vocal test) 【オリジナル曲】 / Original song

Vocannaindesu = Trying to imitate VocaListener. The parameters are all edited by hand. Good for studying for Vocaloid owners out there.

Edit: Follow up for the Gackt vocaloid.

Apparently it's real.

http://www.ssw.co.jp/press/gackpoid.html

I can't load the PDF file so I have no idea what they mentioned in there. Anyone with a Japanese machine wanna load that and screenshot the two pages?

Will be updating info here instead → http://vocaloid-log.livejournal.com/25523.html

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-05-06 at 23:36.
Old 2008-05-07, 05:08   Link #1129
Krystal-n
Hullo World!

Spoiler for PDF file:

Alright, if it's too small, tell me =)

Oh and: Whoaaaaa, Gackt vocaloid O__O It's official now. Whoa.
I don't know if I should be happy or sad about it xD
And the links where ^O^b! *stalks your blog*

PS: I don't have a Japanese machine 8D
Old 2008-05-07, 12:47   Link #1130
DrRad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
シンP, シグナルP, わんだらP, 涼之介P, ワンカップP, cosMo@暴走P, IGASIO, ぶっちぎりP, ryo, etc. There are too many to list. Oh my list is consist of mostly KAITO-related P's. >_>

They don't really tell you who they are, they just go by their P names. (Except SignalP. He specifically stated in this deleted video of his that he is Arai Hiroaki.) Most of them DO have a site/blog, and most certainly a Nyanppo account, but I doubt you'd be interested in that one.

Most of the time, if you want to find the blog URL to the P's, check either the uploader comment or their MyList comment and see if there's an URL to the site there.
Thanks for the tips and information. It helped me find those links to some of their pages. Amazing how sometimes information right there can be overlooked when it's already on the page.

What exactly is the significance of the P in their names, why do so many of them have it?
DrRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 17:16   Link #1131
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

It stands for "Producer", which originated from iDOL M@STER videos uploaded to Nico Nico.

P names are usually given to the vocaloid masters that upload songs to Nico, and the names are usually based on either their account name or the video that gave the most impact. (For example, 涼之介P got his P name because his shown account name is 涼之介, while ぶっちぎりP got his name because of the first song he uploaded, Rin's ぶっちぎりにしてあげる.)
Old 2008-05-10, 12:23   Link #1132
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND6J4CludC0
okay, I took whatever meager translation skills I had and tried to translate the vanishment of miku XD
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 13:42   Link #1133
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Can you post up the script for the translation? It'll be easily to go from there. (I know, it's long. I did the transliteration too and that was insane in size.)
Old 2008-05-10, 15:53   Link #1134
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
ok, I've put it up in http://furrball.wordpress.com/2008/0...-hatsune-miku/

The placement of lines is chaotic as it only reflects the timing I put the subs in.
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 01:07   Link #1135
Krystal-n
Hullo World!

Ahh, that song's lyrics are so sad, I knew they were sad, but not that sad. Thanks for the translation! Here's one person you loves it! >w<
Old 2008-05-11, 12:14   Link #1136
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

I'll give you my literal translations either later tonight or tomorrow. May get a bit busy and I still can't get myself to stop listening to Ryuuseigun. orz
Old 2008-05-11, 14:29   Link #1137
klowny
OH NO

Vocaloid2 i've always heard of this but never thought it was a program that has a cute voice, Hatsune Miku always wondered who that was but never cared enough to find out. but for me the song sounds weird
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 22:41   Link #1138
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
Vocaloid2 i've always heard of this but never thought it was a program that has a cute voice, Hatsune Miku always wondered who that was but never cared enough to find out. but for me the song sounds weird
which song specifically?
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 10:31   Link #1139
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I found this Miku album on the net and would appreciate if someone could translate the text for me...

マケナイワタシノコイノウタ - 東京組体操組 feat.初音ミク (2008.04.27)

Thanks!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 16:15   Link #1140
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
マケナイワタシノコイノウタ - 東京組体操組 feat.初音ミク (2008.04.27)
"My Unbeatable Love Song" - Tokyo Group Gymnastics Group feat. Hatsune Miku

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vocaloid