AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-06, 00:22   Link #801
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Without Rakshata Kallen would be at the bottom of the ocean, and wouldn't have that magic cannon that allowed her to deal with the KoR so quickly. Don't make it sound like she'd be useless without Kallen.
Yep, saved my the inevitable plot device (Patrick from 00 rings a bell, though unlike Patrick Kallen is actually skilled)
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 01:04   Link #802
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Yep, saved my the inevitable plot device (Patrick from 00 rings a bell, though unlike Patrick Kallen is actually skilled)
What does inevitable plot device even mean? Everything that goes on in a story is some form of plot device... unless its completely unrelated to the story... at which point, why is it even there?

I think you're looking for deus ex machina.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 06:46   Link #803
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

WTF!! Its not a magic cannon. All the arm does is allow her to use the radiation surge from long range(=Lancelot's Hadron cannon) and to do light damage over a wide area(which the Lancelot could counter with its all over body shield). The Lancelot is still the most broken mech i've seen since the strike freedom.

Also neither side was taking the fight seriously, the Rounds were interested in the governor and Kallen in Zero. If it was serious all she would've had to do would be to crush the cockpits of the disabled mechs.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 07:54   Link #804
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
What does inevitable plot device even mean? Everything that goes on in a story is some form of plot device... unless its completely unrelated to the story... at which point, why is it even there?

I think you're looking for deus ex machina.
quote: she would have been dead without Lakshata suddenly appearing out of know where to upgrade her guren at the exact same time she was pludging to her death! How offen does that happen!
Old 2008-06-06, 07:59   Link #805
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
quote: she would have been dead without Lakshata suddenly appearing out of know where to upgrade her guren at the exact same time she was pludging to her death! How offen does that happen!
It's called a deus ex machina. It's where an improbable scenario occurs to resolve a situation.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 10:53   Link #806
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Besides, Kallen can't die. She has more plot armor than anyone in this show and is pretty much the only person in this show who is safe.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 11:32   Link #807
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Besides, Kallen can't die. She has more plot armor than anyone in this show and is pretty much the only person in this show who is safe.
I hope you're right, but after what they done to Euphemia, I'm a little worried about Kallen . They can develop the character in order to kill her in a tragic way.
Pan chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 11:41   Link #808
Meatrose
Antihero

Sure I agree to some degree, she does have some kind of plot armor, but it does not mean she won't die. It probably means she won't die (if at all) until we've reached the climax though.
Old 2008-06-06, 11:41   Link #809
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, I'm right about this. There is no reason to be worried about her.

And besides, Euphemia was actually sort of obvious in that she was going to die if you looked at things.

Also, if you are looking for someone who has been developed to be killed, it's C.C. you should be looking at.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-06, 12:58   Link #810
Fyria

Problem is that C.C don't really stay dead.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 13:02   Link #811
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

We have a weapon that can kill Gods. Her dying isn't a stretch as I'm sure someone else will come in here and say.

Old 2008-06-06, 13:19   Link #812
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
It's called a deus ex machina. It's where an improbable scenario occurs to resolve a situation.
Darker than Black's ending was a deus ex machina what happened in episode 6 was not. More or less it doesn't matter since they wouldn't there kill her off since she already as much ado to the plot in season two compared to season one so we can lay that to rest, not literally!
Old 2008-06-06, 13:21   Link #813
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It doesn't matter about how much involved she is. That doesn't guarantee anything. It's her general character, her mom, and various other things that make her the safest character in this show.

Old 2008-06-06, 13:47   Link #814
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
It doesn't matter about how much involved she is. That doesn't guarantee anything. It's her general character, her mom, and various other things that make her the safest character in this show.
Next to Lelouch hince the title Lelouch of the Rebellion
Old 2008-06-06, 13:48   Link #815
AJDyzaster

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. Kallen seems like a good candidate to be the witness of an almost inevitable tragic ending.
AJDyzaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 13:50   Link #816
AJDyzaster

Quote:
No, more so than Lelouch. Unless he stops following the path of carnage (which he may have, with the million man thing), he's gonna go the way of Hamlet.
AJDyzaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 13:56   Link #817
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
That guarantees nothing really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJDyzaster View Post
Yeah, you're right. Kallen seems like a good candidate to be the witness of an almost inevitable tragic ending.
It's not going to be that tragic if you're familiar with Taniguchi's works or with his comments regarding the show.

Quote:
No, more so than Lelouch. Unless he stops following the path of carnage (which he may have, with the million man thing), he's gonna go the way of Hamlet.
Too bad it was confirmed by the main writer he would be getting a pretty good ending or else you may have been right.

And don't double post.

Old 2008-06-06, 13:57   Link #818
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
I'm sorry I really can't see Taniguichi going that route due to his track record which involves the protaganist going up against unbeatable odds, finding a rival, going through a great deal of suffering and than coming to fight back and wining in the end. Although I due hope we see a change in him soon so it doesn't follow a tragic ending, plus given his popularity it would be stupid to kill him off.
Old 2008-06-06, 13:59   Link #819
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Popularity is a rather stupid reason not to kill someone off. I agree about the stuff with Taniguchi. Lelouch is also supposed to become more likable as time goes on so it'll happen eventually.

Old 2008-06-06, 14:12   Link #820
Silver Soul
Banned

Well he is likable to a majority of Animage readers, but I'm just not so easily compelled by his personality like I'm with Suzaku, maybe its a sign of a current demographic in Japanese viewers that they prefer the byronic anti-hero over the naive pacifest. Anyway I really hope he changes since their's alot riding over his characters actions.