AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2009-08-07, 08:45   Link #921
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
but who was behind My-Hime? if the manga artist were the ones that created, then generally his work should be the original work and somewhat the canon one.
They were produced at the same time, and by the same people in general. However, the shortness of the manga versions would strongly suggest that the anime versions should be considered as more as the paretn source, insofar as that's important. It's similar to the Utena manga; the manga was designed to capitalize on/advertise for the anime version, but the anime was the primary source during development. Then again, they are different enough that it doesn't really matter all that much.

Quote:
that something i was wondering if they ever going to animate the manga.

was there any news of that?
Why would you assume that Sunrise would be interested in animating the manga? From the start, I thought that it was fairly obvious that the creators fully intended to keep the manga and anime versions completely separate. They might animate My Hime Destiny at some point, but that's hardly certain since it looks like Sunrise has moved onto other similar projects - like Idolmaster Xenoglossia and Sora Kake Girl.
Old 2009-08-08, 10:59   Link #922
X_Danny_X

well the series has been very successful. My-Hime anime had good ratings and was popular.

it wouldnt hurt to just animate the manga and treated as a seperate universe or timeline.

Xeno has already been finish from what i heard. Sora Kake Girl, i dont know the reception of the anime/manga by the fans but so far i couldnt get into it
Old 2009-08-08, 14:23   Link #923
4Tran

Quote:
it wouldnt hurt to just animate the manga and treated as a seperate universe or timeline.

Xeno has already been finish from what i heard. Sora Kake Girl, i dont know the reception of the anime/manga by the fans but so far i couldnt get into it
The question is whether it would be more profitable to animate the manga, thus treading over old territory, or whether it'd be more profitable to create brand new universes and characters for marketing purposes. That Sunrise has decided to use the My~Hime formula and apply to new universes suggests that this is what they deem more profitable. Sunrise still seems intent on exploiting the Hime/Otome potential to some degree, so we'll probably see a trickle of works now and then until the well dries up.

As for overall reception, I haven't heard of any attempt to further exploit either Xenoglossia or Sora Kake Girl, so it's likely that they are far from being as popular as My~Hime/Otome. However, I fully expect them to announce yet another new show using the same formula any time now - probably for a April 2010 release.
Old 2009-08-08, 16:23   Link #924
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The question is whether it would be more profitable to animate the manga, thus treading over old territory, or whether it'd be more profitable to create brand new universes and characters for marketing purposes. That Sunrise has decided to use the My~Hime formula and apply to new universes suggests that this is what they deem more profitable. Sunrise still seems intent on exploiting the Hime/Otome potential to some degree, so we'll probably see a trickle of works now and then until the well dries up.

As for overall reception, I haven't heard of any attempt to further exploit either Xenoglossia or Sora Kake Girl, so it's likely that they are far from being as popular as My~Hime/Otome. However, I fully expect them to announce yet another new show using the same formula any time now - probably for a April 2010 release.
Well I expect My-HiME sequel to make an comeback next year in the winter and yeah those shows I never get into, Sunrise needs to stop focusing on creating shows that wanted to be a top tier show like My-HiME and wants to be like My-HiME, because it's a bad exploitation and unsuccessful. That's why people are asking to focus on HiME saga instead of other sagas of their own and their good at it making that franchise. If I were their creator, I would start brainstorming the possible way to continue this franchise instead of the same crap all over again. I'm sure Hisayuki-san already decided how this will go and he has gotten the reigns from Goro Taniguchi the real creator of My-HiME. To sure himself he wants this anime to be successful just like his friend did in Code Geass. I'm definetly sure that Hisayuki-san will continue the HiME project and we will get an damn sequel of My-HiME from him. Seriously he'll make it successful once again
Old 2009-08-18, 04:00   Link #925
X_Danny_X

say, who is the strongest character? or at least the top 5.

same thing with the childs
Old 2009-08-18, 09:52   Link #926
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
say, who is the strongest character? or at least the top 5.
Just an opinion (in no particular order)

HiME:

Mai/Kagutsuchi (No explanation necessary)
Mikoto/Miroku (The one to survive nearly the entire series without ever summoning her child until late)
Shizuru/Kiyohime (Duh!)
Natsuki/Duran (Love makes my dog grow big)
Fumi/Mashiro (People often forget about her)

Otome:

Mai (Pure firepower)
Arika (Above a student, not yet an Otome: 学生以上、乙女未満)
Nina (Still virgin, Otome certified)
Haruka (A line from the OVA: didn't I tell you a stone that size no longer works!?)
Shizuru (This is a no brainer. Anybody who disagree with me should be forced to dress as a baby)

Historical Otome:

Mikoto (A HiME in the world of Otome, the first & only of her kind, more powerful than even Rena herself)
Fumi (The first Otome. Now living dead)
Rena (History's strongest, according to trailer. Direct heiress to the Sayers corporation)

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-18 at 20:24.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 04:06   Link #927
X_Danny_X

very interesting, Mikoto defeated Mai and was said to be stronger in the anime versions of Mai Hime and Mai Otome.

In the Manga, she does become a queen but is defeated by Natsuki and her Hime.

Mai's brother though in the manga was more powerful than the Queens themselves that serve him.

I was reading Mai's profile for the My Otome anime series in Wiki, and mentioned that Shizuru was the 1# Pearl at the time when Mai was a Coral, and she was nearly undefeated well into her Pearl Year. I think they were talking about Shizuru for the undefeated section.

Shizuru was consider the strongest Otome in the anime, , manga version she wasnt so powerful.

in the end of the anime of my Otome, Nina and Akira were quite powerful. I believe Akira recieve a more powerful version of her suit

i dont know much about the Historical Otome, never heard that before.

also on this page,

http://www.onemanga.com/Mai-Otome/37/11/

it mentions of Dark Mai remembering Tate when he stood up. I know Sergay mentioned that she burn world in 7 days though it looks like Tate was somehow responsible.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2009-08-22 at 04:58.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 13:40   Link #928
Tak

Quote:
very interesting, Mikoto defeated Mai and was said to be stronger in the anime versions of Mai Hime and Mai Otome.
Mikoto did not defeat Mai in the anime version of Mai Hime.

Mikoto is a HiME in Mai Otome, and the only one of her kind, rendering her some sort of semi-deity. Since robes can be considered as imitated technology, they were inferior to a true HiME's power. Mai, not being a HiME, admitted that she cannot defeat Mikoto, much to Natsuki's surprise (thus hinting Mai's fighting ability, as there was no one in the academy Mai could not defeat).

Quote:
I was reading Mai's profile for the My Otome anime series in Wiki, and mentioned that Shizuru was the 1# Pearl at the time when Mai was a Coral, and she was nearly undefeated well into her Pearl Year. I think they were talking about Shizuru for the undefeated section.
How did you deduce that they were referring to Shizuru? On an article about Mai, no less!

It had nothing to do with Shizuru's combat abilities as the paragraph was talking about Mai helping Natsuki to become Shizuru's attendant. This was an event described in the drama CD.

Shizuru, was #1 for her year (Pearl). Mai, being one year younger, was #1 for her year (Coral). The two never competed, but Mai would remain undefeated throughout her Pearl career.

OTOH, in the Mai Otome game, Rena complimented Mai's physical prowess and said she was exceptional due to her ability to inherit her gem, while she complimented Shizuru's cultured demeanor (but not her martial arts). Moreover, the gems should be a hint. Mai inherited the fire stirring ruby, a pure, front line type specifically for combat (and wanton destruction).

In the official file, Shizuru is described as the stereotypical reflection of the Otome, since Otome are expected to be graceful, elegant, cultured and well mannered.

In the official file, Mai is described to be exceptional in her strength and some consider her to be invincible. Also check out vol. 8 of the Otome specials and note how she is described by Natsuki.

Quote:
Shizuru was consider the strongest Otome in the anime, manga version she wasnt so powerful.
I have no idea where you pulled that one from.

She was considered to be the most beautiful & graceful, but not the most powerful.

Quote:
i dont know much about the Historical Otome, never heard that before.
... then you are missing a very important chunk of information regarding the Otome universe.

Fumi was the first Otome who created the entire Otome system and all robes originated from her. Rena Sayers is Arika's mother and heiress of the Sayers corporation, which provided the technologies behind the robes.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-23 at 13:05.
Old 2009-08-24, 23:21   Link #929
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Mikoto did not defeat Mai in the anime version of Mai Hime.
whoa there, i am just trying to find answers here.

when Mai thought Mikoto killed her brother. she started attacking Mikoto, in the end of that battle, Mai lost to Mikoto. Mikoto was about to kill Mai if it wasnt for Natsuki coming in end telling Mikoto that she loved Mai. Mai was in battle mode as well with her child and was serious as hell.

Mikoto was never defeated as a Hime in the anime, that is why we never found out who her closest precious person would be though it looks to be Mai or Reito.

in the manga Mai Hime, Mikoto was the strongest Hime, this was stated by Mai herself.

Quote:
Mikoto is a HiME in Mai Otome, and the only one of her kind, rendering her some sort of semi-deity. Since robes can be considered as imitated technology, they were inferior to a true HiME's power. Mai, not being a HiME, admitted that she cannot defeat Mikoto, much to Natsuki's surprise (thus hinting Mai's fighting ability, as there was no one in the academy Mai could not defeat).
okay, what difference does this make and for you telling me? im trying to find the strongest characters, so telling the characteristics of some characters is pointless. overall we are talking about strongest characters here . so if Mikoto is a Hime, that makes her the stronger character in My Otome compare to Mai again.

Quote:
How did you deduce that they were referring to Shizuru? On an article about Mai, no less!

It had nothing to do with Shizuru's combat abilities as the paragraph was talking about Mai helping Natsuki to become Shizuru's attendant. This was an event described in the drama CD.

Shizuru, was #1 for her year (Pearl). Mai, being one year younger, was #1 for her year (Coral). The two never competed, but Mai would remain undefeated throughout her Pearl career.

OTOH, in the Mai Otome game, Rena complimented Mai's physical prowess and said she was exceptional due to her ability to inherit her gem, while she complimented Shizuru's cultured demeanor (but not her martial arts). Moreover, the gems should be a hint. Mai inherited the fire stirring ruby, a pure, front line type specifically for combat (and wanton destruction).

In the official file, Shizuru is described as the stereotypical reflection of the Otome, since Otome are expected to be graceful, elegant, cultured and well mannered.

In the official file, Mai is described to be exceptional in her strength and some consider her to be invincible. Also check out vol. 8 of the Otome specials and note how she is described by Natsuki.

I have no idea where you pulled that one from.

She was considered to be the most beautiful & graceful, but not the most powerful.

well i was undecided by it. since it mentioned that Shizuru was the number #1 Pearl and was highly contested for that position. Shizuru was the last name mention when talking about the Pearl #1. I am assuming that they were talking about Shizuru in that little short sentence.

in the official file, is that from the game?

well in Shizuru's profile, it was mentioned that she was the strongest Otome in the world.
was it mentioned anywhere in the anime where Mai went undefeated?

She is one of the Five Columns (#3 in the order): the strongest Otome in the world who serve not an individual master but Garderobe itself.

Quote:
... then you are missing a very important chunk of information regarding the Otome universe.

Fumi was the first Otome who created the entire Otome system and all robes originated from her. Rena Sayers is Arika's mother and heiress of the Sayers corporation, which provided the technologies behind the robes.

- Tak
how strong was Rena Sayers?

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2009-08-24 at 23:45.
Old 2009-08-25, 00:11   Link #930
Tak

Quote:
when Mai thought Mikoto killed her brother. she started attacking Mikoto, in the end of that battle, Mai lost to Mikoto. Mikoto was about to kill Mai if it wasnt for Natsuki coming in end telling Mikoto that she loved Mai. Mai was in battle mode as well with her child and was serious as hell.
Episode 20 was hardly a testimony of Mikoto's superiority over Mai. If you re-watch the episode, while Mai was fighting Mikoto, she was ambushed by Shizuru's Kiyohime. I need not remind you how psychotically powerful Shizuru was. Even if Mai was the strongest HiME, she faced a nightmarish situation, having to fight against both Mikoto and Shizuru at the same time.

Moreover, although we found out that Tate was Mai's most important person, note the fact that even after Tate had died because Shiho was defeated, Mai still retained her powers. This tells me that even though Tate was Mai's most important person, Mai no longer needs an important person to be physically around in order to summon her powers.

Quote:
in the manga Mai Hime, Mikoto was the strongest Hime, this was stated by Mai herself
Yes, except I am not debating you on the manga. But if you ask me, Tate was probably more powerful, even if his powers manifested relatively late.

Though in the Otome manga, Mikoto would have fallen behind Mai in terms of power.

Quote:
okay, i didn't know that part, but overall we are talking about strongest characters here . so if Mikoto is a Hime, that makes her the stronger character in My Otome compare to Mai again.
That makes her the single strongest character in Otome, even more so than Mai and Shizuru. She just sleeps a lot.

Quote:
well i was undecided by it. since it mentioned that Shizuru was the number #1 Pearl and was highly contested for that position. Shizuru was the last name mention when talking about the Pearl #1. I am assuming that they were talking about Shizuru in that little short sentence.
Wiki is one thing, the official files are another. However, both sources will point out that Mai was indeed the strongest Otome to ever enter & leave the academy during her generation. On the flip side, she was also the most unaware of the lot. In other words, she was close to being an airhead. Its just that when she gets serious, well, you pay attention.

Quote:
eh? i dont think the games are canon are they?
Why not? The game follows the anime's story, and why would the game's character profiling be any different?

Quote:
in the official file, is that from the game?
No, the official file is for the anime, but what difference does it make?

Quote:
well in Shizuru's profile, it was mentioned that she was the strongest Otome in the world.
Where is this 'profile'? If you are referring to the wiki article, it was a reference to the Five Columns, who were the strongest Otome to serve the world (not just Shizuru). Please read carefully and don't over rely on Wiki.

Quote:
She is one of the Five Columns (#3 in the order): the strongest Otome in the world who serve not an individual master but Garderobe itself.
I see, you indeed got that reference from wiki itself.

Anyway, Mai was chosen to be one of the Five Columns as well, and she was #1 in the order. That position was later transferred to Sara Gallagher, obviously because Mai mysteriously disappeared. On a side note, Sara served under Mai as her room orderly when Mai was a Pearl.

Of course, it doesn't help that Mai became a freelance Otome, carrying Mikoto around her as portable Otome battery.

Quote:
was it mentioned anywhere in the anime where Mai went undefeated?
Do you really need the anime to tell you that directly?

But just to give you an example, Shuzuru may be #1 in her generation, but she can only barely defeat Haruka in a fight, who was #2 (while it is presumed the latter sometimes gained an upper hand). Mai and Natsuki were #1 & #2 in their generation, but the disparity of their strength is pretty wide. Apparently, Mai can beat Natsuki to a pulp without a scratch, while Natsuki and Shizuru are considered to be relatively equal in terms of power.

If you have not gotten other sources, it was implied by Natsuki during her encounter with Mai in the valley. Note that she was very, and I mean very surprised to hear that Mai could not defeat Mikoto even in her robe. This is implying that Mai is already quite powerful even without her robe. But not being able to beat Mikoto even in Mai's transformed state? Something like that was unheard of.

Also note, Mai & Arika's gem, the Fire Stirring Ruby & Blue Sky Sapphire are second only to the Pure White Diamond in terms of durability. Based on physical properties, ruby and sapphire are directly related, with Sapphire consisting of all colors but red, and Ruby consisting only of the color red. This may be implying that they are both equal in power.

Quote:
how strong was Rena Sayers?
Rena Sayers was the heiress of the Sayers Corporation, the organization that produced the technologies behind the Otome robes as well as Miyu and her line of cybernetic soldiers. By the time of Otome, Miyu became the only one to survive amongst her sister models.

Every Otome in the world is either bond to a contract or Garderobe itself. Meaning they all have access to the system only through a medium. The medium then channels power directly from an artificial star hovering above the Otome world. Not even Fumi was free from that process, but Rena did not have to go through a medium as shown in Sifr episode 3. She had direct access to the satellite, and can go a level beyond every Otome in her Blue Sky Sapphire (meaning she has two levels of transformation).

Moreover, it was shown as early as the first episode of Sifr that she had a tendency to break every gem she was equipped with, because none of them were able to endure her powers and tend to overload. The Blue Sky Sapphire was a super meister gem and the only one capable of enduring Rena's full powers. During the final parts of Sifr episode 3, she single handedly defeated 4 of the Column level Otome in less than a minute.

In addition, she was the only Otome to ever bear a mark similar to HiMEs, but she was no HiME. Though this may imply that she may be the most successful replica.

At the end of Zwei, a brief trailer for Sifr played, you will note that Rena was described as the history's strongest Otome by the trailer itself. Small wonder, she would later be taken to produce black gems for Tomoe & co.

No, I wouldn't take her, or her comments lightly.

- Tak (Obviously, having Mai debuting early on would be cheating)

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-25 at 10:40.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:36   Link #931
X_Danny_X

okay, bro, i am not going to argue much which you since you have a vast knowledge of the subject and i can get answers and sources from you and decided for my own after i have all the info.

however there is some points that you made that i will debate with you which is on the Mai vs Mikoto battle in the anime and a couple of others.

it seems that each world in anime and manga, some of the characters are stronger than the other, the roles are switch.

so at least it was mentioned that Rena was the strongest Otome there in the anime.

Quote:
Episode 20 was hardly a testimony of Mikoto's superiority over Mai. If you re-watch the episode, while Mai was fighting Mikoto, she was ambushed by Shizuru's Kiyohime. I need not remind you how psychotically powerful Shizuru was. Even if Mai was the strongest HiME, she faced a nightmarish situation, having to fight against both Mikoto and Shizuru at the same time.

it was to show that she lost to Mikoto. Shizuru's was there to stop the fight. it wasnt setup to be Mai vs Mikoto and Shizune. not only did she stop Mai's child but also saved Mai and Natsuki from Mikoto first.

Mikoto uses Miroku for her tombstone-style attack at Mai, Natsuki and Duran. Just before the sharpened crystal pillars reaches and impales them, Shizuru send her child Octupus to destroy the crystal pillars and then take out Mai's child.

Before Shizuru intervene, Mai had her child against Mikoto. Mikoto had no problems dodging the attacks while in confused state and not in a power up blood lusted state. While she became blood lusted, she was able to reach and strike Mai and Natsuki had to intervene to repel a second attack.

after Shizuru did her best to stop the fight, Mikoto and Mai were on more even grounds and Mai was about to get killed. I dont see any other way of Mai losing this battle to Mikoto despite getting help from Natsuki and Shizuru trying to stop the both of them.

Quote:
Moreover, although we found out that Tate was Mai's most important person, note the fact that even after Tate had died because Shiho was defeated, Mai still retained her powers. This tells me that even though Tate was Mai's most important person, Mai no longer needs an important person to be physically around in order to summon her powers.
Mai retains her power because she didnt get her child killed. the child has to die in order for the powers to disappear along with the Hime's most important person.

i dont think this has any berring though on the Mikoto vs Mai battle that we are discussing.

Quote:
Yes, except I am not debating you on the manga. But if you ask me, Tate was probably more powerful, even if his powers manifested relatively late.

Though in the Otome manga, Mikoto would have fallen behind Mai in terms of power.
the reason why i mentioned the manga is to help illustrate that Mikoto was made to be a overall stronger character compare to Mai it seems in the My Hime/Otome project. In the My Hime anime, she was never defeated in battle, and i have to say showed more skills than Mai in battle.

3 out of 4 of the anime/mangas Mikoto is declared stronger than Mai or has shown more battle skills. only the Mai Otome manga is where Mai would of been stronger than Mikoto there at least.

though i have to say even declare the strongest Hime there in the manga, she was defeated by Tate as was shown by male Mashiro who i think in the My Otome Manga became the strongest character after all the girls gave him their powers since he now posses the diamond.

Quote:
That makes her the single strongest character in Otome, even more so than Mai and Shizuru. She just sleeps a lot.
well they made her to be that way.

Quote:
Wiki is one thing, the official files are another. However, both sources will point out that Mai was indeed the strongest Otome to ever enter & leave the academy during her generation. On the flip side, she was also the most unaware of the lot. In other words, she was close to being an airhead. Its just that when she gets serious, well, you pay attention.
well her generation yes since it was mentioned she did became the strongest. pearl

Quote:
Why not? The game follows the anime's story, and why would the game's character profiling be any different?

No, the official file is for the anime, but what difference does it make?
games are not created by the author/original creator. those are filler type material unless mentioned otherwise by the original creator himself that is canon.

there were games that follow the story to a tea afterwards and some that didnt for many series. but in the vs battles forums we never included them since it never really happen.

it like the manga & anime, anime create filler material that is not canon in the manga.

[/quote]

Quote:

I see, you indeed got that reference from wiki itself.

Anyway, Mai was chosen to be one of the Five Columns as well, and she was #1 in the order. That position was later transferred to Sara Gallagher, obviously because Mai mysteriously disappeared. On a side note, Sara served under Mai as her room orderly when Mai was a Pearl.

Of course, it doesn't help that Mai became a freelance Otome, carrying Mikoto around her as portable Otome battery.

Do you really need the anime to tell you that directly?

But just to give you an example, Shuzuru may be #1 in her generation, but she can only barely defeat Haruka in a fight, who was #2 (while it is presumed the latter sometimes gained an upper hand). Mai and Natsuki were #1 & #2 in their generation, but the disparity of their strength is pretty wide. Apparently, Mai can beat Natsuki to a pulp without a scratch, while Natsuki and Shizuru are considered to be relatively equal in terms of power.
where was it mentioned that Natsuki and Shizuru are equal in terms of power
bro can you give all the links or sources for the info that you are getting this? i would really like to have it to get more info.

where they all located in the drama cds?

Quote:
If you have not gotten other sources, it was implied by Natsuki during her encounter with Mai in the valley. Note that she was very, and I mean very surprised to hear that Mai could not defeat Mikoto even in her robe. This is implying that Mai is already quite powerful even without her robe. But not being able to beat Mikoto even in Mai's transformed state? Something like that was unheard of.
well Mai was the number #1 Pearl before she left. still i think her being suprise that she could not defeat Mikoto at all in her strongest state after knowing her as the number #1.

Quote:
Also note, Mai & Arika's gem, the Fire Stirring Ruby & Blue Sky Sapphire are second only to the Pure White Diamond in terms of durability. Based on physical properties, ruby and sapphire are directly related, with Sapphire consisting of all colors but red, and Ruby consisting only of the color red. This may be implying that they are both equal in power.
since Arika is the star of the show, i guess i can consider her the more powerful fighter due to plot.

what about Nina's Ultimate Dark Gem? where is it equal to the Pure White Diamond?

Quote:
Rena Sayers was the heiress of the Sayers Corporation, the organization that produced the technologies behind the Otome robes as well as Miyu and her line of cybernetic soldiers. By the time of Otome, Miyu became the only one to survive amongst her sister models.

Every Otome in the world is either bond to a contract or Garderobe itself. Meaning they all have access to the system only through a medium. The medium then channels power directly from an artificial star hovering above the Otome world. Not even Fumi was free from that process, but Rena did not have to go through a medium as shown in Sifr episode 3. She had direct access to the satellite, and can go a level beyond every Otome in her Blue Sky Sapphire (meaning she has two levels of transformation).

Moreover, it was shown as early as the first episode of Sifr that she had a tendency to break every gem she was equipped with, because none of them were able to endure her powers and tend to overload. The Blue Sky Sapphire was a super meister gem and the only one capable of enduring Rena's full powers. During the final parts of Sifr episode 3, she single handedly defeated 4 of the Column level Otome in less than a minute.

In addition, she was the only Otome to ever bear a mark similar to HiMEs, but she was no HiME. Though this may imply that she may be the most successful replica.

At the end of Zwei, a brief trailer for Sifr played, you will note that Rena was described as the history's strongest Otome by the trailer itself. Small wonder, she would later be taken to produce black gems for Tomoe & co.

No, I wouldn't take her, or her comments lightly.

- Tak (Obviously, having Mai debuting early on would be cheating)
thanks on the Rena information.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2009-08-25 at 15:15.
Old 2009-08-25, 16:49   Link #932
Highman

Quote:
okay, bro, i am not going to argue much which you since you have a vast knowledge of the subject and i can get answers and sources from you and decided for my own after i have all the info.

however there is some points that you made that i will debate with you which is on the Mai vs Mikoto battle in the anime and a couple of others.

it seems that each world in anime and manga, some of the characters are stronger than the other, the roles are switch.

so at least it was mentioned that Rena was the strongest Otome there in the anime.

it was to show that she lost to Mikoto. Shizuru's was there to stop the fight. it wasnt setup to be Mai vs Mikoto and Shizune. not only did she stop Mai's child but also saved Mai and Natsuki from Mikoto first.

Mikoto uses Miroku for her tombstone-style attack at Mai, Natsuki and Duran. Just before the sharpened crystal pillars reaches and impales them, Shizuru send her child Octupus to destroy the crystal pillars and then take out Mai's child.

Before Shizuru intervene, Mai had her child against Mikoto. Mikoto had no problems dodging the attacks while in confused state and not in a power up blood lusted state. While she became blood lusted, she was able to reach and strike Mai and Natsuki had to intervene to repel a second attack.

after Shizuru did her best to stop the fight, Mikoto and Mai were on more even grounds and Mai was about to get killed. I dont see any other way of Mai losing this battle to Mikoto despite getting help from Natsuki and Shizuru trying to stop the both of them.

Mai retains her power because she didnt get her child killed. the child has to die in order for the powers to disappear along with the Hime's most important person.

i dont think this has any berring though on the Mikoto vs Mai battle that we are discussing.

the reason why i mentioned the manga is to help illustrate that Mikoto was made to be a overall stronger character compare to Mai it seems in the My Hime/Otome project. In the My Hime anime, she was never defeated in battle, and i have to say showed more skills than Mai in battle.

3 out of 4 of the anime/mangas Mikoto is declared stronger than Mai or has shown more battle skills. only the Mai Otome manga is where Mai would of been stronger than Mikoto there at least.

though i have to say even declare the strongest Hime there in the manga, she was defeated by Tate as was shown by male Mashiro who i think in the My Otome Manga became the strongest character after all the girls gave him their powers since he now posses the diamond.

well they made her to be that way.

well her generation yes since it was mentioned she did became the strongest. pearl

games are not created by the author/original creator. those are filler type material unless mentioned otherwise by the original creator himself that is canon.

there were games that follow the story to a tea afterwards and some that didnt for many series. but in the vs battles forums we never included them since it never really happen.

it like the manga & anime, anime create filler material that is not canon in the manga.

bro can you give all the links or sources for the info that you are getting this? i would really like to have it to get more info.

well Mai was the number #1 Pearl before she left. still i think her being suprise that she could not defeat Mikoto at all in her strongest state after knowing her as the number #1.

since Arika is the star of the show, i guess i can consider her the more powerful fighter due to plot.

what about Nina's Ultimate Dark Gem? where is it equal to the Pure White Diamond?

thanks on the Rena information.[/QUOTE]

You all of this really BS and I tell you, because this franchise has just been a complete waste and lot of excuses from the day when Mai HiME ended, the series would have continued from the first place, I just don't see how this is part of the franchise and I told it numerous times that this series would have continued about on the fallout of the Carnival and to an new story ahead. I already would love it from the end. Now we have this messes instead of some sequels. I just a little upset, If this franchise ends this quickly. Because their alot of loose ends to this saga, just hoping it becomes thier own franchise sooner or later. Because this could be the new age of the magical girl and sentai show till the end. Hoping this rewatch of Mai HiME will be a sequel on the works, showing the fanbase is really strong and care for this series. Possibly new fans joined the fray as well and more ShizNat fans. Mai-HiME will be one of the best Shounen Magical Girl of the new generation. Forget Otome, HiME saga continues.
Old 2009-08-25, 20:17   Link #933
Tak

Quote:
Shizuru stopped the fight by compromising Mai's child, leaving her open to Mikoto's attacks. She probably did not think of the details, especially since her first priority is Natsuki. Natsuki would later stop the fight. A fair victory cannot be determined by a situation as chaotic as that one. Mai and Mikoto would have a fair fight in the last episode of HiME, and it could be argued that Mai won that fight against Mikoto. Sure, she did not beat Mikoto to a bloody pulp, but she nonetheless disabled Mikoto.

You also have to note the fact that during both fights, Mai was not activating Kagutsuchi level 2.

Quote:
Mai retains her power because she didnt get her child killed. the child has to die in order for the powers to disappear along with the Hime's most important person
It does not matter if she got her child killed or not. A child is linked to an important person, if that person is no longer alive, a HiME cannot summon her powers. That was the rule. Mai was able to break the rule because Tate continued to live within her.

Quote:
Sure it does. Being able to summon a child without a most important person puts said HiMEs in an unfair advantage. The only person capable of doing so besides Mai is Fumi.

Quote:

I don't know what you are talking about. They are all closely supervised and directed by the original creator. The game is not meant to be a sequel, its meant to be associated closely with the anime without taking a different direction. Moreover, character profile is character profile, it does not change regardless of media changes.

Quote:
I really don't think this one actually needs an explanation. Aside from that, they both carry same category gems based on physical property.

Quote:
Drama CDs, design files, game, specials and Otome Chronicles. I have the hard sources.

Quote:
Well yes, Natsuki felt that there were no enemies Mai could not defeat, but apparently, Mai could not defeat Mikoto. This was a shock to Natsuki.

Quote:
She reached Meister level, on par with Mai, Shizuru, Natsuki & co. but she had not done anything to convince me that she is actually more powerful than any of the names I just listed. In Zwei, both Mai and her proved unable to take down a Slave wrecking havoc in town, and they had to combine their powers to accomplish the task. Now, it would be another story if Arika managed to perform secondary transformation like her mother.

As a side note, Shizuru was disabled as early as episode 1 of Zwei.

Quote:
It is an opposite of the Pure White and just as powerful, but it corrupted Nina and the latter proved unable to wield its full powers. On the other hand, Nina had two levels of transformation much like Rena. Nina would have had the definite upper-hand if she could fully control her gem.

It should be noted that Rena could be addressed as the strongest Otome since Fumi, because we don't know how strong Fumi was, except she was the first Otome and stopped a global conflict single handedly.

Lastly, each graduating Coral must face off against a Pearl before the graduation ceremony. Mai no doubt had to go through that process, and her opponent would have been Shizuru due to Mai and Shizuru's no. 1 status. Well, we know that Mai did become a Pearl, so you can guess who won.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-08-27 at 07:40.
Old 2009-08-29, 13:33   Link #934
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Shizuru stopped the fight by compromising Mai's child, leaving her open to Mikoto's attacks. She probably did not think of the details, especially since her first priority is Natsuki. Natsuki would later stop the fight. A fair victory cannot be determined by a situation as chaotic as that one. Mai and Mikoto would have a fair fight in the last episode of HiME, and it could be argued that Mai won that fight against Mikoto. Sure, she did not beat Mikoto to a bloody pulp, but she nonetheless disabled Mikoto.
Mai was already being attacked along with Natsuki first before Mai's child was stopped by Shizuru. Shizuru stopped Mikoto's attack first as you can see when all the pillars that were heading towards Mai and Natsuki. Mai and Natsuki had no answer to this attack and were about to get hit.

She was not left Open since she was already being attacked by Mikoto, it was made more even now since the Child was taken out of the picture.

Both fighters had their element powers and no Child. Mai already saw Mikoto and yelled her name. It is not like her back was turn and didnt see Mikoto coming. Mai's face was in battle mode still and lost. She got sent back and was about to get killed most likely by Mikoto before Shizuru stop her.

It was an uneven fight at the start against Mikoto since 3 of her attacks were blocked by Shizuru and Natsuki (the last one getting to her head and thinking about Mai)

Chaotic? and you mention the last episode? I dont know if you can consider that even a fight with all what was going on between them.

anyway, I will respond to the rest of your post some other time. Right now i have to complete some projects. After that I will return, so be prepared!
Old 2009-08-29, 14:17   Link #935
Tak

Quote:
Mai was already being attacked along with Natsuki first before Mai's child was stopped by Shizuru. Shizuru stopped Mikoto's attack first as you can see when all the pillars that were heading towards Mai and Natsuki. Mai and Natsuki had no answer to this attack and were about to get hit
No answer? More like the both of them were pondering their next move and before they can react, Shizuru simply acted before them. This was followed by Kiyohime pushing Kagutsuchi to the side, which left Mai wide open to an enraged Mikoto.

You also have to note that Mai attacked Mikoto first with the latter just standing still. Mikoto thought she dodged Mai's attacks when in fact Mai was simply unconsciously missing her aim. Afterward, Natsuki managed to shoot Mikoto's sword off as Mai gained control of herself. The final part would have Mai firing a blast against a defenseless Mikoto. The latter survived because she was saved at the last moment. If you can tell me with a straight face that chaotic chain of events can be considered a fair fight, then we will have to agree to disagree and just leave it at that.

- Tak

Old 2009-09-07, 18:55   Link #936
X_Danny_X

i dont have time to respond to all of your posts, blast this business i have.

i still disagree with everything we are debating. i havent forgotten about this conversation Tak. I will return to debate with you but it will have to wait for the moment.
Old 2009-09-07, 19:51   Link #937
Highman

Quote:
i dont have time to respond to all of your posts, blast this business i have.

i still disagree with everything we are debating. i havent forgotten about this conversation Tak. I will return to debate with you but it will have to wait for the moment.
Dude just admit it, Tak owns you! But srsly, watch reairing of Mai HiME on Thursday, then you'll be understand.
Old 2009-09-15, 22:46   Link #938
X_Danny_X

eh? im not done with Tak yet. too busy with projects for the time being.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2009-09-16 at 09:32.
Old 2009-09-15, 23:18   Link #939
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
eh? im not done with Tak yet, also no need for Mai Hime to be air, you can get all episodes from the internet. too busy with projects for the time being.

Mai Hime is licensed. And you should probably delete your message just in case. Otherwise a moderator would assume that you are encouraging illegal access to a licensed product.

This is taken from Animesuki forum rules:
http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?...#faq_rules_1_1

1.1 Unlicensed Anime or Manga only

AnimeSuki does not wish to be associated with unlawful and ethically unacceptable activities (e.g. piracy). For this reason all Messages requesting, providing, or otherwise discussing information about the use of illegally obtained media, or any service that aids in the illegal acquisition of such media, is expressly forbidden. The following is a list of media considered "banned" from The Forum because its acquisition is always considered illegal and unethical:

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 09:36   Link #940
X_Danny_X

well i meant you can buy it from the internet or got to official sites and see episodes or clips, etc.

but just to be in the safe side, i will do it.

anyway, you did quote me. so remove my quote from your post.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2009-09-16 at 09:49.