AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 11:13   Link #101
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

William Fichtner is our new Shredder in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Well, looks like Alexander Mahone is staring in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and TMNT.
Old 2013-06-22, 12:26   Link #102
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This movie is going to be a disaster. There don't seem to be any redeeming qualities so far.
Old 2014-03-27, 10:59   Link #103
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well it's finally here.

SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 11:20   Link #104
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Please just.... drop megan foxx... even that faint was poorly acted. Also having the same actor in your movies is...really stupid in my opinion... especially bad ones.

As for the turtles... not as bad as I assumed.. chuckled at Mikey at the end there.

The story how ever is pretty freakin stupid.
Old 2014-03-27, 12:21   Link #105
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dear Micheal Bay,

Please stop destroying our childhood.

By everyone who is not a teenage manchild.
Old 2014-03-27, 12:24   Link #106
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I won't complain about Michael Bay ruining my childhood one movie at a time. Instead, I'll critique how awful movie trailers have become over the last decade.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Please, stop fading to black, flashing quick cuts, abusing the deep bass/inception sound, and ending your "serious" trailer with a joke scene. Please.
Old 2014-03-27, 15:37   Link #107
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I won't complain about Michael Bay ruining my childhood one movie at a time. Instead, I'll critique how awful movie trailers have become over the last decade.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Please, stop fading to black, flashing quick cuts, abusing the deep bass/inception sound, and ending your "serious" trailer with a joke scene. Please.
Yea... should have ended with "Siiigh.. mikey..." (leo saying that)
Old 2014-03-27, 15:45   Link #108
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Something to make note of: Bay isn't directing, it's directed by the dude who did Battle:LA and Wrath of the Titans. Though I'm sure that won't stop many people from blaming him still. Ever notice no one blames Spielberg for the Transformers films?

Only downside I see really is Megan Fox and Megashreddertron.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 17:25   Link #109
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

You know what? That trailer wasn't the worst thing ever. The only legitimately, full-blown awful thing about it was Megan Fox. That and they were laying it on a little bit thick with their efforts to make it dramatic/epic... but everything else? For a Nickelodeon movie? It was kind of okay.

I'm kind of surprised, honestly.
Old 2014-03-27, 22:12   Link #110
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

saw the trailer & it remind feel of transformers but with turtles & april is became female version of Sam Witwicky with megan fox as april?

yea next twist that transformers & tmnt are part of shared-verse in same movie era?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 23:38   Link #111
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well it's finally here.

That was pretty neat I think. Looks just fine.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 00:32   Link #112
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Did Megan Fox do anything in the trailer other than look shocked and speechless?

Anyway I'm slightly irked by that and the Turtle's new design, just slightly. But what sort of bugs me the most is how the was monologue-ing about creating heroes... Like the Turtles were suppose to be some super weapon they created just as planned to... Combat crime ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 01:27   Link #113
Samari
World's Greatest

I don't like what I've seen from the new design with the turtles. Their faces look fugly and not like I would imagine turtles to look like. I wonder if Megan Fox is going to be put in the Sam Witwicky role...where the story actually revolved around her so the audience has someone to relate to, and the turtles themselves are just the supporting characters. Just like with Transformers. Whose story is this really going to be in this film?

By the way I don't know why everyone is freaking out over Megan Fox in this trailer. She has been lackluster as an actress in my opinion, but she doesn't even speak a line in the trailer. All she really does is faint. And is anyone really going to be thinking to themselves in the theater when they're watching a movie "OMG that was an awesome fainting gesture!!!!" She hasn't been in some great films, but that doesn't mean she can't do a decent job for this movie. Kind of reminds me of the flack that Katie Holmes kept getting for her performances because the cool thing to do back in the day was hate on her just to hate on her because she was with Tom Cruise...even when she put up a good performance (Batman Begins).

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 01:49   Link #114
Samari
World's Greatest

And since when do turtles have lips?

And Leo looks like he took one of those bamboo placemats from World Market and used it as armor. Whatever he could find around the house.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-03-28, 07:12   Link #115
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I don't like what I've seen from the new design with the turtles. Their faces look fugly and not like I would imagine turtles to look like. I wonder if Megan Fox is going to be put in the Sam Witwicky role...where the story actually revolved around her so the audience has someone to relate to, and the turtles themselves are just the supporting characters. Just like with Transformers. Whose story is this really going to be in this film?

By the way I don't know why everyone is freaking out over Megan Fox in this trailer. She has been lackluster as an actress in my opinion, but she doesn't even speak a line in the trailer. All she really does is faint. And is anyone really going to be thinking to themselves in the theater when they're watching a movie "OMG that was an awesome fainting gesture!!!!" She hasn't been in some great films, but that doesn't mean she can't do a decent job for this movie. Kind of reminds me of the flack that Katie Holmes kept getting for her performances because the cool thing to do back in the day was hate on her just to hate on her because she was with Tom Cruise...even when she put up a good performance (Batman Begins).

Every movie she has been in she was a bad actor. This isn't gonna change. People also hate her in movies because they know she only gets these rolls is because Michael Bay think she's a explosion of sexy. Which she isn't... that girl from that stupid succubus movie with Megan should be april. Far better for the job and wouldn't need tons of makeup.
Old 2014-03-28, 10:02   Link #116
james0246

I actually do not mind the designs, but somehow the masks make them look worse. And what's with the winter scene? I don't want to see Turtles fighting in the Alps. This isn't James Bond (p.s. James Bond needs some ski scenes in his next film).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
that girl from that stupid succubus movie with Megan should be april. Far better for the job and wouldn't need tons of makeup.
You mean Amanda Seyfried? She would have been more interesting if nothing else...

Last edited by james0246; 2014-03-28 at 10:14.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 10:58   Link #117
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
And since when do turtles have lips?

And Leo looks like he took one of those bamboo placemats from World Market and used it as armor. Whatever he could find around the house.
Turtles that live in a sewer and they have some makeshift armor. Nothing really weird about that.

Them having lips do bug me.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 11:12   Link #118
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anyway I'm slightly irked by that and the Turtle's new design, just slightly. But what sort of bugs me the most is how the was monologue-ing about creating heroes... Like the Turtles were suppose to be some super weapon they created just as planned to... Combat crime ?
Ya it does seem pretty stupid. Turtles are slow and ninjas use outdated weapons. Tiger Commandos or Wolf Marines sounds like a better idea for crime fighters/super soldiers. But to be fair, the trailer never says that Shedder created the turtles themselves; he could just be explaining why they developed the mutagene, and the turles are just an accidental creation. Sheddar's words could be ironic, like what he wreally wanted was to create super soldiers for his own and only TELLS everyone he's doing it to fight evil; the irony being he accidentally did create the heroes he was lying about.

What bugs me about the trailer is that despite Mickey's one liner at the end, it feels like this movie is trying to give the turtles the Nolan/Snyder treatment, where they try to make everything super serious, gritty and dark and just suck all the fun out of it. If anything a TMNT movie should have a similar tone as the avengers; action packed but also just a lot of fun. Make something that kids and adults alike can enjoy.
Old 2014-03-28, 13:52   Link #119
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Every movie she has been in she was a bad actor. This isn't gonna change. People also hate her in movies because they know she only gets these rolls is because Michael Bay think she's a explosion of sexy. Which she isn't... that girl from that stupid succubus movie with Megan should be april. Far better for the job and wouldn't need tons of makeup.
Actors can't get better? I never knew that. And practically every film she has been in has been a bad film even without her. Point is we haven't seen her in this film yet. I wouldn't bet on her stepping her game on immensely for this movie, and I'm not sure it will matter anyways because I think it's going to be terrible. That being said, we haven't even heard her speak yet.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-03-28, 14:25   Link #120
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As far as physical resemblance goes, Megan's not the best choice. April's traditionally a redhead in damn near all TMNT media and they cast a woman with black hair? At least fucking dye her hair for the role.