AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-05-30, 21:33   Link #21
monster

I really enjoyed this movie on its own, but how is humanity supposed to accept mutantkind (Is that even a word?) after that? I mean, the things that happened in the Marvel Studios movies so far paled in comparison to this.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 09:25   Link #22
HasuMasu
*Artist

This movie was so rough. The CGI was overdone. The scenes were all over the place.

Damn was it a lot of fun to watch though. I can't wait to see what they'll do next.
Old 2016-06-02, 00:57   Link #23
Tormenk

The movie fell to its own jab at the last movie of any trilogy being the worse. My complaints are similar to what larethian pointed out though I will add that Apocalypse's action scenes and set pieces felt lacklustre even compared to Last Stand.

I did enjoy Magneto's scenes and of course Quicksilver's ridiculous showcase of his powers again. Bonus points for the music setting the mood really well.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 00:30   Link #24
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Watched it yesterday. Mystique + Jean was a bad combo...although I don't hate either actress individually, having them together results in too much "heroine" material. Archangel is rather downplayed, Psylocke is oversold, Jubilee is a bloody extra, without a single line (and nowhere near her age)...only Magneto stands out from the actors (although Nightcrawler wasn't bad, the material he had was extremely limited).
Spoiler for Plot issues:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 01:26   Link #25
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Convinience plot solver...
Previous X-Men X1, X2, X3 movies didnt happen.
All of it got changed during Days of Future Past...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 04:14   Link #26
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No, this movie takes place before X1 and after first class, it's not a bad time slot...but the things left out create serious issues with the rest of the movies, since they are in the same continuity.
Old 2016-06-03, 05:51   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Azusa is saying that history in the X-Men continuity was changed by DoFP, and he's right. Just look at Wolverine in Apocalypse; in the original X-Men movie timeline, he was never captured by Stryker, he volunteered for the Weapon X project. Nor was he held captive originally.
The mere fact that Cyclops and Jean are alive in the new timeline at the end of DoFP shows and proves that the continuity has changed. You don't seem to be getting that. The events of X-1, X-2, and X-3, Wolverine: Origins, and The Wolverine have changed.
Whether or not they "redo" those movies to show us exactly what has changed, I don't know. But my bet is on no.
Old 2016-06-03, 05:56   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't know, Wolverine could have still volunteered for the project and gone berserk after the adamantine injection. I'll have to rewatch DoFP to see how many things can be altered...although it may be pointless if they do a Cable/Bishop movie. Bloody time travellers...thanks for the clarification though.
Old 2016-06-03, 06:00   Link #29
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

You forgot DoFP then. Stryker had Logan pulled up from the bottom of the water, and after that it's obvious that he kept Logan in custody and experimented on him.
But regardless of that, you're still not getting it anyway. The past was changed by DoFP. Scott, Jean, and Kurt let Logan out, not at all what happened in the original continuity, etc. etc. The continuity that you're saying is conflicted is not the continuity happening in the X-Men movies anymore. If you've seen the new Star Trek with Chris Pine, it's the same thing as that. Spock even explains how the events of the title have been changed and now the two continuities are parallel universes.
Old 2016-06-03, 06:15   Link #30
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Kafriel
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Watch this video for more explanation.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 09:01   Link #31
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You forgot DoFP then. Stryker had Logan pulled up from the bottom of the water, and after that it's obvious that he kept Logan in custody and experimented on him.
Stryker who pulled Logan is Mystique in disguise, you can see his eyes glowing for a second;
However its just that, later she just left him on military hand for treatment (since Logan ended up with several iron bar stabbed him) which resulted on Logan ended up on Project X unwillingly instead of volunteering himself.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 09:16   Link #32
Tormenk

I was wondering about the continuity of the movies as well until my friend pointed out since Angel died in Apocalypse, he couldn't have been the same one in Last Stand. Easy way to settle things, unless reincarnation is a thing in X-Men.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 09:29   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He could have just had the same powers or be a different Angel (since Marvel loves to shit on origins).

@Shinji alright, I get it now. Time to have a franchise reboot the likes of which we've never witnessed! Starting with...Channing Tatum as Gambit ._.
Old 2016-06-03, 09:46   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Time to have a franchise reboot the likes of which we've never witnessed!
But it's already been witnessed with Star Trek and Terminator.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 14:06   Link #35
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Star Trek was pretty good, Terminator was also above average. The X-men feel kind of...iunno, empty? You see an X number of mutants, the same old story of prejudice for/against mutants and how someone wants to weaponize their powers. It feels like the whole franchise is just riding on its name to pull through; it's not funny (although some people next to me were cracking up every time Scott said something), it's not deep, it's not really emotional, save a few moments and all it has left are the action scenes and the special effects. Granted, it's got good visuals (although camera control leaves a lot to be desired) and that's great for a standalone film...but when that's all you got in 16 years, the progress that has been made so far is rather lacking.
Old 2016-06-03, 14:13   Link #36
GDB

That's basically the comics, though. If you break the stories down to the most basic components, you have either dealing with prejudice against mutants (this was their schtick even when they were created as social commentary) and enemies that want to use/kill them because they're mutants. The large cast is also why they constantly broke the team up into two or more groups of 4-7 core members.

The only story off the top of my head that ISN'T one of those is the Dark Phoenix Saga. And I don't expect them to do that properly in movie form anyway due to length, so it'd end up like all the others.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 15:19   Link #37
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Time for some Controversy.

Rose McGowan is offended by the X-Men Apocalypse poster.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 15:52   Link #38
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Azusa is saying that history in the X-Men continuity was changed by DoFP, and he's right. Just look at Wolverine in Apocalypse; in the original X-Men movie timeline, he was never captured by Stryker, he volunteered for the Weapon X project. Nor was he held captive originally.
The mere fact that Cyclops and Jean are alive in the new timeline at the end of DoFP shows and proves that the continuity has changed. You don't seem to be getting that. The events of X-1, X-2, and X-3, Wolverine: Origins, and The Wolverine have changed.
The best part about DoFP re-writing the continuity: we finally get a Deadpool that is true to the character that Marvel fans know and love (and not that Baraka wannabe that appeared in Wolverine: Origins.
Old 2016-06-03, 16:58   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Time for some Controversy.

Rose McGowan is offended by the X-Men Apocalypse poster.
She obviously doesn't know that Mystique is the mutants' hero and that Apocalypse is the main villain in this movie :P
Old 2016-06-03, 18:01   Link #40
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Stryker who pulled Logan is Mystique in disguise, you can see his eyes glowing for a second;
However its just that, later she just left him on military hand for treatment (since Logan ended up with several iron bar stabbed him) which resulted on Logan ended up on Project X unwillingly instead of volunteering himself.
I know, I saw the eyes at the end of DoFP. Except it doesn't make sense for several reasons: why would she save Logan, and how would Logan have ended up in Stryker's custody after that? She barely ever saw Logan in the movie. And she of all people would know better than to leave a fellow mutant in government hands.