AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-03-22, 15:19   Link #3721
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Eh, well, I'm not sure. I know where you're coming from, but for some reason I can't hate them anymore.

@Kanon: Agreed.
Old 2018-03-24, 04:05   Link #3722
marvelB

After the last few short spoilers, the latest one is surprisingly detailed:

Spoiler for 260:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 04:16   Link #3723
SilverGlavenus

^Thanks for the spoilers, @marvelB.

Man, every couple in this manga can't get a break, huh ?? I hope Monspiet won't just die like that.

The part with Estarossa was surprising, but I guess Estarossa's younger self in his flashback looked way less sinister than now. And it seemed like Commandment of Love is the least favorite of all. Was Estarossa taking all the commandments to himself purely because he is unstable, or are there any ulterior motives ??
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 07:50   Link #3724
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@marvelB: Thanks for the spoilers.

I'm also wondering the same thing as Glavenus. Either way, though, we got some interesting info here. And I already expected that Estarossa wanted to keep the commandments to himself instead of giving them to Meliodas. Really can't trust that guy.
Old 2018-03-24, 12:32   Link #3725
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was an interesting reveal. The part about Estarossa dying if he were to absorb another commandment will most likely turn out to be wrong though, since he's been set up as a major antagonist (he wants Elizabeth, the Archangel want revenge on him for killing Mael, etc...). But thinking about it another way, if Meliodas took his commandment from him, would he return to being a good person?

Another thing: are we shown the moment his father gave him his commandment? I want to know if he looked like an adult already. I'm thinking the reason he looks so much older than his brothers is because he had no powers to stop/slow down his aging.
Old 2018-03-27, 10:16   Link #3726
SilverGlavenus

Holy fuck so Deriere's sister loved Monspiet, but he loves Deriere. Now I feel sad.

Edit: Turns out the reason why Meliodas' wanted poster looked like Estarossa is because the people in the Kingdom pictured his appearance ten years later. So much for our theories

Last edited by SilverGlavenus; 2018-03-27 at 10:30.
Old 2018-03-27, 12:01   Link #3727
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Edit: Turns out the reason why Meliodas' wanted poster looked like Estarossa is because the people in the Kingdom pictured his appearance ten years later. So much for our theories
So it's just a coincidence he looks exactly like Estarossa in it? What the hell?
Old 2018-03-27, 12:22   Link #3728
SilverGlavenus

^Yeah, had I not read the Q&A section, I wouldn't have known. Jeez.
Old 2018-03-27, 16:01   Link #3729
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I also mostly don't read the Q&A section. So I feel like an idiot now. But yeah, thanks for saying that, Glavenus.

@Kanon: I'm also wondering if Estarossa will really die if he took any more Commandments. But either way, I also want to see if he'll turn good and/or regain his sanity if he lost his Commandment(s) (depending on whether or not he takes any more in addition to the Love one).
Old 2018-03-28, 11:20   Link #3730
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Monspiet and Derrieri only have one heart left IIRC, so Monspiet looks pretty screwed. Although given his powers, he can probably switch the heart with something else before Estarossa crushes it.
Old 2018-03-28, 11:34   Link #3731
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, hopefully he'll make that switch before his heart is crushed. Since it really is the only heart he has left.
Old 2018-03-28, 12:35   Link #3732
SilverGlavenus

Assuming that he can still live without the heart being in his body.
Old 2018-03-29, 14:51   Link #3733
marvelB

Heh, that tidbit about Mel's bounty poster was actually part of the spoiler, but I forgot to post it over the main content, my bad. But yeah, amusing to think that the drawing resembling Estarossa turned out to be a total coincidence, lol.

Anyway, it most certainly does seem that this could be the end of Monspiet. Sure, it may be possible for him to switch his heart, but as SilverGlavenus said, can he survive long enough with no heart in his body to pull it off? Esta would probably crush the organ before he got the chance. I also doubt Derrierie can help in time either, as strong as she may be. And honestly, I'd say Monspiet revealing his desire to confess his feelings to Deri is about as a big a death flag as you can get, if you ask me.....

BTW, I wonder if Monspiet's switching magic explains why his mouth seems to randomly disappear so often?
Old 2018-03-31, 06:29   Link #3734
marvelB

And now for a spoiler bump:

Spoiler for 261:
Old 2018-03-31, 10:59   Link #3735
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well...

Spoiler for 261:
Old 2018-04-03, 16:34   Link #3736
marvelB

Okay, just checked out the full chapter. So, it turns out that part of the reason why the demon army fled was thanks to Elizabeth, who spoke to the demons' hearts and souls, trying to convince them to stop fighting. The archangels even point out that several demons lost the will to fight and retreated despite it meaning that they'd be disobeying the orders of their superiors, Chandler and Cusack. Looks like Elizabeth's powers of persuasion are not to be underestimated. And now especially looks like a good time to put them to the test with the current Derrierie situation....
Old 2018-04-03, 17:06   Link #3737
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Derrieri herself will probably be easy for Elizabeth to persuade. The real question is if she can persuade the other Archangels to let her live, as Kanon said.
Old 2018-04-03, 20:11   Link #3738
SilverGlavenus

^Nah, I think she may sacrifice herself in order to be with Monspiet, one way or another. It's not like she is innocent either, she killed a lot of humans and suddenly falling in love will not redeem her.
Old 2018-04-03, 21:40   Link #3739
Twi

The best she can probably do is hand over her commandment to Merlin specifically to screw over both Meliodas and Estarossa.
Old 2018-04-04, 12:12   Link #3740
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
^Nah, I think she may sacrifice herself in order to be with Monspiet, one way or another. It's not like she is innocent either, she killed a lot of humans and suddenly falling in love will not redeem her.
Right now she probably hates Estarossa the most though, so her interests and that of the Archangels align. I wouldn't exclude the possibility of her becoming an ally.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen