AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-11-28, 06:34   Link #1
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Request a new search Feature anime suki

hey i just thought of this you have search engine to search every anime, movies etc

search by alphabetical order and Genre

i just thought of this could you do it by years every anime brought out on that year would show listing.

like angel beats, Fortune Arterial etc come out this year

can you update your system for it just suggested make life easier
Old 2010-11-28, 06:38   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Right side of the Series page > Vintage

Last edited by felix; 2010-11-28 at 07:07.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 09:55   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

As you can see (by the link felix posted), I'm working on it. Or rather, what you want is already finished, but some critical other components are not, which is why that beta site hasn't replaced the current site yet.

I'm afraid I can still not give an ETA on when it'll be finished, as that greatly depends on how much time I have to work on it.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 11:14   Link #4
Dr. Casey

I still think the forum's Search function would be infinitely better if you could choose how much of the posts show up in your Search results. Just to pull up one random example, this forum's Search right here lets you choose how much of the message shows up in the Search results. You can have the first 300 characters or less show up (ala AnimeSuki), the first 500 or 1000, the entire post, etc. I personally don't like AnimeSuki's extremely clipped, two-line preview search results (Many of which are the exact same if different people quote the same post) and would much rather have the option to choose for whole posts to show up using the Search function.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 11:24   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

(uh, is that not a different question?)

The reason the search doesn't show forum style posts, or rather doesn't use the same template as forum posts, is because forum posts don't show thread link, nor thread stats, nor forum to which thread belongs to; making search confusing.

The reason the search results are brief and not full posts is also to help you identify where the match in the post occurred so that you may refine your search.

As for results per page. I find it fine as is; it's easier to navigate pages rather then figure out which post you're looking at in a list of 1000. Page navigation is on the bottom right and top right, in case you haven't noticed it. If you aren't seeing it, it's likely because there aren't enough results. If the search results was more like a list of links I would have agreed with you more is better.