AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 15:55   Link #41
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
*Fingers crossed for non K-on! style rock band*

Spoiler for Higurashi Rock Band:
Where did you find that picture? That looks awesome lol.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 21:40   Link #42
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
*Fingers crossed for non K-on! style rock band*
That'd be epic.
That picture has me imagining Rena singing some kind of Omochikaeri song...

FTW.
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 08:26   Link #43
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-04-04, 12:24   Link #44
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

I see Blu-Ray and DVD versions will be released. Can anyone read if that poster claims joint release dates for both versions, or if we have to wait longer for the BD release?
Old 2011-04-08, 22:40   Link #45
Joly
モエカステル

On Animate's online shop, the Blu-Ray and DVD versions have the same release dates.

Does anyone know the source of this information...?

...I haven't found an official source for the "cameo appearances".
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 00:15   Link #46
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
^
Until that AkaDragon guy who posted those informations shows me the source... Or I don't believe.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 03:36   Link #47
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
On Animate's online shop, the Blu-Ray and DVD versions have the same release dates.

E.. Erika!? I guess she could visit Hinamizawa 3 years younger... If this is true, it would be a nice teaser for Umineko's second season. Yukari Tamura as the seiyuu isn't surprising, though she is really different character from Rika.
Sounds too good to be true, so I'll wait for official information before getting too excited. Though Higurashi's 10th anniversary deserves the best!
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 13:28   Link #48
Oblivion

Quote:

Duke Nukem.....is this a joke? What does that have anything to do with Higurashi?

Last edited by Oblivion; 2011-04-11 at 12:06.
Old 2011-04-11, 07:45   Link #49
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
E.. Erika!? I guess she could visit Hinamizawa 3 years younger... If this is true, it would be a nice teaser for Umineko's second season. Yukari Tamura as the seiyuu isn't surprising, though she is really different character from Rika.
Sounds too good to be true, so I'll wait for official information before getting too excited. Though Higurashi's 10th anniversary deserves the best!
And I guess it didn't occur to you that the image of Erika concept art popped up about a month before Higurashi Kira was announced and was debunked as a fake within the week it appeared.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 11:33   Link #50
Joly
モエカステル

^

Not everyone is aware of that and it's not their fault.

I believe your comment should be directed to the person that made that information site that's lacking official sources.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 13:26   Link #51
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
I really wasn't expecting anything related to Higurashi anymore, so I'm very very happy with this *-* (even if it is just fanservice arcs)
Old 2011-04-11, 13:55   Link #52
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
^

Not everyone is aware of that and it's not their fault.

I believe your comment should be directed to the person that made that information site that's lacking official sources.
I left a message on Aka's talkpage asking her where she got her sources, hopefully she'll reply sooner or later. The information of the cameo appearances has been removed from the wikipage. Unfortunately, I didn't take a real look at the concept art she was talking about until AFTER I submitted the post to the Tumblr, which really made me feel like an idiot a minute later when I realized where that concept art came from (and I've seen it so many times on the Umineko board too, ugh), so sorry about that.

There was also rumor that ZUN is letting R07 use Marisa Kirisame's dress as part of Batsukoishi-hen's punishment games (which isn't surprising, Jessica wore it once too), and I can't remember if someone actually was wearing a similar dress when I read the manga version.
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 14:51   Link #53
fuff

can somebody upload the erika picture that u guys are talking about? i wanna see it lol

also do you think the dvd will be on sale on amiami??
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 15:06   Link #54
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post
I left a message on Aka's talkpage asking her where she got her sources, hopefully she'll reply sooner or later. The information of the cameo appearances has been removed from the wikipage. Unfortunately, I didn't take a real look at the concept art she was talking about until AFTER I submitted the post to the Tumblr, which really made me feel like an idiot a minute later when I realized where that concept art came from (and I've seen it so many times on the Umineko board too, ugh), so sorry about that.

There was also rumor that ZUN is letting R07 use Marisa Kirisame's dress as part of Batsukoishi-hen's punishment games (which isn't surprising, Jessica wore it once too), and I can't remember if someone actually was wearing a similar dress when I read the manga version.
So none of the cameo appearances are true right? They don't have sources and some don't even make sense to appear...
Old 2011-04-11, 15:15   Link #55
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We will have to wait and see. There is enough room for an appearance of a "Dark Rika" and certainly Burn's poems have been in for a while, just without mention of the author's name. Erika on the other hand....no idea, unless they want to tie the two series together, or hint about a second season of Umineko.

Though I suppose Mion could dress Rika up in cosplay that happens to look like Erika as part of a punishment game.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:46   Link #56
fuff

there has been no confirmation, obviously the creator of the website/blog just wants attention....if there were ekira and stuff appearing they would have a post on ann or even the offical kira site.....or 2ch

but mion dressing rika is a possibility, i can see that happening lol
Old 2011-04-11, 21:19   Link #57
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
there has been no confirmation, obviously the creator of the website/blog just wants attention....if there were ekira and stuff appearing they would have a post on ann or even the offical kira site.....or 2ch

but mion dressing rika is a possibility, i can see that happening lol
My Tumblr post was not a sheer forgery for the sake of attention, and AkaDragon did not intend that either since she found it somewhere else, please don't say that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
So none of the cameo appearances are true right? They don't have sources and some don't even make sense to appear...
The cameo appearances do not have "true" / official sources. Whether they really will appear or not, I've no idea.

Edit: Shoot. Here's the video where her information came from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05L_sLhxC3A

I sent him a message asking for the sources of the cameo appearances. And from thereon, question the person who gave him the info for his video ><; woohoo for quadruple verifications.

Double edit: There seems to be absolutely no source for Nobuo Uematsu composing the orchestral "Dear You", since the video creator just left a blank. But the new opening song was released today!

Triple edit: I think it's safe to say that right now, Duke Nukem isn't (and shouldn't be) going have a cameo appearance. I just did a Japanese keyword search to see if there were any sites at all that connected 「ひぐらし 煌」 and "Duke Nukem" in atleast a sentence and so far, absolutely none. The only possible reason I could think of DEEN ever including him is if they turned one of the episodes into a crackfic and had him somehow save the day by blowing up the entire Yamainu company. (Or something crazy. Who knows.)

Erika doesn't seem too much of an absurd cameo appearance, given that she's been connected to Rika a million times, plus with that Episode X crossover manga that R07 released, it wouldn't be surprising for him to pull off a similar yet smaller trick again. But if Erika appears, wouldn't Bernkastel be requested too, and if Bernkastel appears, Lambda appears, etc etc...

As for Marisa Kirisame's dress cameo appearance, it'll just look like another traditional maid outfit to me (they're both almost identical, anyways.)

Last edited by Kantoku; 2011-04-11 at 22:10.
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 22:35   Link #58
fuff

Quote:
My Tumblr post was not a sheer forgery for the sake of attention, and AkaDragon did not intend that either since she found it somewhere else, please don't say that...

The cameo appearances do not have "true" / official sources. Whether they really will appear or not, I've no idea.

Edit: Shoot. Here's the video where her information came from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05L_sLhxC3A

I sent him a message asking for the sources of the cameo appearances. And from thereon, question the person who gave him the info for his video ><; woohoo for quadruple verifications.

Double edit: There seems to be absolutely no source for Nobuo Uematsu composing the orchestral "Dear You", since the video creator just left a blank. But the new opening song was released today!

Triple edit: I think it's safe to say that right now, Duke Nukem isn't (and shouldn't be) going have a cameo appearance. I just did a Japanese keyword search to see if there were any sites at all that connected 「ひぐらし 煌」 and "Duke Nukem" in atleast a sentence and so far, absolutely none. The only possible reason I could think of DEEN ever including him is if they turned one of the episodes into a crackfic and had him somehow save the day by blowing up the entire Yamainu company. (Or something crazy. Who knows.)

Erika doesn't seem too much of an absurd cameo appearance, given that she's been connected to Rika a million times, plus with that Episode X crossover manga that R07 released, it wouldn't be surprising for him to pull off a similar yet smaller trick again. But if Erika appears, wouldn't Bernkastel be requested too, and if Bernkastel appears, Lambda appears, etc etc...

As for Marisa Kirisame's dress cameo appearance, it'll just look like another traditional maid outfit to me (they're both almost identical, anyways.)
LOL I WASnt talking about ur tumblr page lol mistunderstanding....

i was referring to the site where the person said erika was gonna appear
Old 2011-04-11, 22:38   Link #59
fuff

Quote:

link please! i wanna hear the opening song lol
Old 2011-04-11, 23:08   Link #60
Oblivion

Quote:

What's the song name? I want to see how it sounds to get an overall idea of how this OVA will turn out.

Last edited by Oblivion; 2011-04-12 at 02:23.