AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 30 54.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 10.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-20, 19:51   Link #21
Clarste
Human

Not sure how this was better than the manga, but it certainly wasn't worse. Although I kind of missed the line that Keima had also planned for Ayumi and Chihiro to support Elsie.

As for the resolution, I think it's always important to remember that Keima has feelings too. While he is basically lying to all these girls to get their attention, in the end he goes after the ending he thinks is best. And when it comes to ideals it's pretty obvious that he would have strong feelings on the matter. He could've told Jun to hold back for the sake of others, but do you seriously think Keima of all people would ever recommend that to anyone? Of course he'd tell her to go all out for her ideals and ignore what other people say. That's how he became a god, after all.

If you go back to the other arcs you can see that this is a pretty common theme. He says basically the same thing to Chihiro, and has a similar idea behind his speeches to Kanon, Shiori and martial arts girl who I forget the name of. The moral of the series in general is to stop paying attention to what other people think and to be yourself as best you can. Self-confidence comes from the self, and all that. And that's certainly the one thing that Keima strives for.
Old 2011-06-20, 20:00   Link #22
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
That's the last page of chapter 41 actually.

And it was very much on the lips~
Oops! My bad! Thanks!

Two points for you!
Old 2011-06-20, 21:03   Link #23
judasmartel
*Author

Hey, is it me or is it the couple at 7:35 the ones we saw in Episode 8 with the ToAru reference? Only that the male isn't wearing the ToAru High's uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Not sure how this was better than the manga, but it certainly wasn't worse. Although I kind of missed the line that Keima had also planned for Ayumi and Chihiro to support Elsie.

As for the resolution, I think it's always important to remember that Keima has feelings too. While he is basically lying to all these girls to get their attention, in the end he goes after the ending he thinks is best. And when it comes to ideals it's pretty obvious that he would have strong feelings on the matter. He could've told Jun to hold back for the sake of others, but do you seriously think Keima of all people would ever recommend that to anyone? Of course he'd tell her to go all out for her ideals and ignore what other people say. That's how he became a god, after all.

If you go back to the other arcs you can see that this is a pretty common theme. He says basically the same thing to Chihiro, and has a similar idea behind his speeches to Kanon, Shiori and martial arts girl who I forget the name of. The moral of the series in general is to stop paying attention to what other people think and to be yourself as best you can. Self-confidence comes from the self, and all that. And that's certainly the one thing that Keima strives for.
Kusunoki Kasuga.

Now the first part of the episode is the stuff we wanna see in this arc! Keima scored an instant date with that one! With LC's help, of course.
I actually thought LC failed in that fake ticket, but it turned out to be a nice "event trigger" score for Keima.

No wonder he's called the "Capturing God" for a reason. Now, he can see the ending! First time I heard that from him for a long time!

EDIT: That was the best capturing strategy I have ever seen from Keima.
I have said in the earlier topics that teacher types are one of the easiest women to capture, at least in VNs.
It's just that most people shy away from teacher types because:

1. They think that a student-teacher relationship is impossible, and
2. Teacher types are often the most time-consuming to capture, as the student needs to establish himself as her equal. In extreme cases, that could take forever.

More often than not, teachers have a huge gap from their students, and that increases with the age gap involved.
For example, a middle school teacher has a larger age gap from her students than say, college teachers.

Actually, establishing oneself as an equal to another is pretty much as simple as normal socialization by humans.
You may simply want to know a person's interests, dislikes, and overall personality. And then get around them.
Just don't let the huge student-teacher gap get you down.
After all, she's no longer your teacher outside the school grounds.

We have to admit that Keima was at first willing to try the usual teacher path, which would take a lot of time.
Now, the loose soul has entered Jun and she was going aggressive on Keima, and that screwed him up.
So he tried to settle with quick fixes (drive her nuts to the max, getting Nikaido to help), which frankly, are just wrong routes to go.
When these quick fixes failed, he decided to use the right route, but not before getting a clue from the faculty room:
Jun was once the captain of Maijima's basketball team which led the school to a national championship.
But a lot of players quit from the team because she forced her ideals on them.

Now the problem lies with the time constraint, as they have the loose soul to deal with.
Keima comes up with a fast way to establish himself as Jun's equal:the wrestling match event.
And instantly,Keima scored 10,000 attraction points from Jun! But not after Jun ran away in disappointment once again.

Then at school, Keima came up with an amazing event trigger which involved LC and the entire class!
And how I love Keima's speech about ideals! The real world lacks ideals, after all.
And it's a teacher's job to instill her students the ideals that the world lacks, making it a better place to live in.
And then, of course, the usual kiss to the lips to kick the loose soul off Jun! Only that LC completely forgot about it until the last minute!

If I am to rate his capture strategies from the first season up to this point, I would give his strategy for Jun a perfect 10!
A perfect strategy flawlessly executed! That's the Capturing God for you! He makes capturing women a lot easier than we think.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-06-20 at 21:48.
Old 2011-06-20, 22:11   Link #24
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Now i realize how Keima is manage to finish the conquest to Jun, as his line says: "i can see the ending", he make and execute his plans, and how to make this characters joined in his cast. now i can see clearly that Keima is a "God of Conquest" not on VN but also in reality.

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-06-20, 23:52   Link #25
yajra03

a really great adaptation, can match its manga counterpart.

"nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back"
Old 2011-06-21, 00:35   Link #26
paladinenvec

Outstanding chapter!!!!!
Spoiler for Chapter 11:
Old 2011-06-21, 06:15   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ugh.... Katsuragi.... I'm burned with jealousy.... how can you get every girls that easily.... (this is a looott better than the manga... I admit it)

overall, I always think that the conquering in second season aren't my favourite arc at all but this second season is obviously a lot better than my prediction
This season successfully made me love all of the conquering arc

10/10 from me for this episode
I don't like Chihiro and Nagase arc in the manga but the anime successfully made me become a fan of them.....
more clear and of course more lovely and emotional
Old 2011-06-21, 07:02   Link #28
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
I'm glad everyone else thinks that this adaptation is amazing.

I only had one gripe with this arc:

You can NOT ride a bike with that type of skirt, unless you want it riding up way past your ass. JUST CAN NOT BE DONE.

ISWEAR
Have you considered that they might stretch? Like stretchy jeans? Aha! Haha!
Old 2011-06-21, 08:18   Link #29
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Have you considered that they might stretch? Like stretchy jeans? Aha! Haha!
No way, she's definitely wearing the business woman get up, there's no stretchy anything involved~

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2011-06-21, 08:35   Link #30
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Yeah.......

Actually I imagine that Jun hikes that tight skirt almost all the way up when she's riding the bike; they just can't show that in TWGOK
Old 2011-06-21, 11:53   Link #31
Crontica

Excuse me 20/20 FUCKING MAGNIFICENT!

Anyone that rates this badly will be shot, shot again, then shot again to be shown how they got shot.
Old 2011-06-21, 12:00   Link #32
katsudon
Part Time Translator

i'm sad we won't see her again until season 3, maybe.... her (Aki Toyosaki) voice is amazing and really fits Jun
Old 2011-06-21, 21:24   Link #33
Clarste
Human

Why would we see her in season 3? Her student teacher stint ended in this episode, and she even promised Keima that the next time they met it would be as a full teacher. At best she would return after she graduates college. We hardly ever even see the former captures that attend his school, so what kind of contrived reason could there be for him to meet a college student who doesn't even remember the capture?

We'll probably never see her again in the anime. Ever.
Old 2011-06-21, 21:29   Link #34
RDF2050
Superidol

Just....DAM........wow the plan he use to capture her is so brilliant. Only him can do that.

10/10 for me. I really want to know what would happen if the class somehow knows what Keima really is besides is a "gamer freak".
Old 2011-06-22, 02:37   Link #35
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Keima's "keikaku doori" moment with getting Elsie to bring the class was epic , he's definitely a genius. He really planned this episode out quite well, and he helped Jun a lot, another great capture finishes I really hope for a third season now.
MAL
Old 2011-06-22, 11:17   Link #36
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I'm glad everyone else thinks that this adaptation is amazing.

I only had one gripe with this arc:

You can NOT ride a bike with that type of skirt, unless you want it riding up way past your ass. JUST CAN NOT BE DONE.

ISWEAR
Check the scene right after the OP in episode 9. You'll see that Jun's legs are long enough and the pedals small enough for her to not have to ride her skirt up.
Old 2011-06-22, 14:45   Link #37
Kyouka
Is Here

I love the last arc episodes with the songs during the episode
Old 2011-06-23, 12:05   Link #38
larethian

despite having read the manga, can I just comment on how genius the adaptation is. and the last service pic was perfect.
Old 2011-06-23, 20:03   Link #39
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
despite having read the manga, can I just comment on how genius the adaptation is. and the last service pic was perfect.
Took me a few times seeing it to realize she's in pro-wrestling gear.
Old 2011-06-24, 05:33   Link #40
Divini
Senpai!

It's rare that I can watch an anime to an already outstanding manga without nitpicking at the adaptation.

It's almost as if I'm watching the entire story again, fresh, and getting absorbed in it all over again. And I dare say even MORE absorbed in it despite knowing the plot already. That's hard to do.
Closed Thread