AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-25, 16:03   Link #1
Ialdaboth

ARIA The ANIMATION

Rightstuf / Nozomi Entertainment have announced the license for all of Aria, Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural, Aria the OVA ~Arietta~ and Aria the Origination.

Aria was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Aria fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Aria.
  • Asking for playback help for Aria episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

Not really sure if it belongs into the General Anime, Fansubs or DVD & Licenced category.

ANN http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5504

Neo Venezia fansite http://drawerofdreams.net/neo-venezia/

Amano Company, Kozue Amano's HP http://aria.sunnyday.jp/

TV adaptation official site http://www.ariacompany.net/

Didn't go beyond episode 6. Are the following episodes worth the download ?

Last edited by xris; 2008-05-01 at 14:59. Reason: Aria now licensed
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 17:54   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This discussion belongs right here in the Fansubs Forum since it has been fansubbed, but it has not been licensed. Absolutely no company has yet hinted that they are going to be releasing this in R1, subbed or otherwise.

Unfortunately, since MFI has requested that we not list links to help people download works that they have produced, we're going to have to ask that nobody give information about downloading this show, or what group's have fansubbed it.

Now, for your question. I feel it is well worthwhile to download. I love this show. It seems strange to me that if you have gotten to episode 6, you are wondering now. If you liked episodes 1-6, then you'll probably love the rest also. If you didn't like episodes 1-6, then drop it like a hot potatoe.

I suspect that your question is if this show is going to develop a plot. The answer is no. This show isn't about plot. It is about mood. It is about character. It is about living life. Plot is irrelevant. If you only watch anime for the plot, then this is the wrong show for you.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 18:23   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I suspect that your question is if this show is going to develop a plot. The answer is no. This show isn't about plot. It is about mood. It is about character. It is about living life. Plot is irrelevant. If you only watch anime for the plot, then this is the wrong show for you.
Yup, and that's the reason why I enjoy the show, it's nice to have a series like this for a change of pace.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 18:29   Link #4
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

It does sort of have a plot. It is showing life in Neo-Venezia and basically saying it's good to be alive as Akari is training. Its closest Region 1 relative is Someday's Dreamer. Think of it as the mellow sister of Someday's Dreamer.

Mood and background are great! Love that water!!!!

I recommend that you continue downloading this gem!!!!
Old 2005-12-25, 18:40   Link #5
NeoSam

Thanks Ialdaboth for starting this thread again

Yeah its worth watching, at least if you are into slice of life stories ^^ and of course there is also the very cute girls that keep me watching lol

Ok some info about ARIA manga:

ARIA manga is serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Blade.
For now there are 8 volumes released of this manga, here are the covers:

Volume 8 of ARIA will be released in January 2006

ARIA is a slice of life seinen manga/anime.
ARIA manga is licensed by ADV.

ARIA is a sequel to AQUA manga which is only 2 volumes.
AQUA manga is not licensed and it got fully scanlated: Manganews.

Here are the covers of AQUA manga:

AQUA and ARIA are slice of life seinen manga. if you like AQUA and ARIA, then you might also like other slice of life seinen manga: YKK, Emma, Shirley.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-01-06 at 10:57.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 18:48   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

This is one of my favorite shows of the season. It might not have much of a plot, but that doesn't really matter. This show is such a nice change of pace, perfect for when you've had a stressful day. It might not be for everyone, but it's still a great series.
Old 2005-12-25, 20:50   Link #7
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

ARIA the ANIMATION... just plain kicks ass. Junichi Sato has very good screenplay skills, although there were some parts from the manga that wasn't adapted too well. The chapter introducing Alice was well done, but to combine it with the Akatsuki romance chapter with Akari wasn't very fitting.

I also didn't like how, since they only have 13 episodes, the guy characters don't get proper introductions. Albert is only seen in a dialogue scene with Aika in the Aria president episode, and Woody only gets one episode of development. There was so many things they could've animated, but did not since they don't have enough time.

Episode 10-11, however just plain rocked. They were both from the manga, and were done very well in terms of plot and portrayal of the characters.

Alice is my favorite character. Athena is my favorite of the big three. Guess that makes me a supporter of Orange Planet, eh?

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 01:43   Link #8
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

After my disappointment with Lamune, and the subsequent enlightening argument with Kaoru Chujo (the discussion, unfortunately, is now lost due to the hacking incident), I said I would check out ARIA. Well I did, and after an initial few episodes, I'm here to give a thumbs up. This anime delivered the qualities (already succinctly described by NaSanninWa above) that I was looking for and which lacked in Lamune. I've said this before many times in /a/ over at 4chan, but I'll say it here too. There's this charm that this show possesses that keeps me drawn in. It lies in the soft SD forms, the unique trademark dialogues, the sentimental and harmless characters, and of course the languid atmosphere. It feels like the anime is portraying the same kind of feelings you would get if you were actually on those boat rides: relaxing, serene, a time and place to forget your worries and stress. And that's exactly the reason why I watch this anime. I'll be watching a lot of this once second semester starts, heh heh.

If there's one little minor quirk that's...not my preference in the show is the pet cat President. Its appearance is just a bit too bizarre for me. Every time I look at it still brings a little bit of a shock (in the form of "WTF is that?") to my mind. I've just read below, so it's not just me .

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2005-12-26 at 01:54.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 01:50   Link #9
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

What is with President Aria? He totally doesn't fit. both President Hime and President Maa are actual cats. On the other hand, Aria walks around on two feet, manipulates objects and picks things up in his hands, gets into bumbling adventures.

Why isn't Aria an actual cat like the others?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-26, 02:57   Link #10
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
There's this charm that this show possesses that keeps me drawn in. It lies in the soft SD forms, the unique trademark dialogues, the sentimental and harmless characters, and of course the languid atmosphere. It feels like the anime is portraying the same kind of feelings you would get if you were actually on those boat rides: relaxing, serene, a time and place to forget your worries and stress. And that's exactly the reason why I watch this anime. I'll be watching a lot of this once second semester starts, heh heh.
I already mentioned this in the old thread: read this

Binchou-tan which is starting soon will give you the same feeling and it was mentioned on MoonPhase that its aimed at tired men lol not to mention that a binchou-tan 4-panel manga started recently in the seinen manga magazine Comic Blade (yes the same magazine ARIA manga is serialized in).
Old 2005-12-26, 04:14   Link #11
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
What is with President Aria? He totally doesn't fit. both President Hime and President Maa are actual cats. On the other hand, Aria walks around on two feet, manipulates objects and picks things up in his hands, gets into bumbling adventures.

Why isn't Aria an actual cat like the others?
He's still a cat. Just a determined and skilled one. His immense love for the Himeya president gives him the power to do many amazing things... Not convincing? Yeah. I didn't think so either.

Actually, in the manga it took me a while to figure out which pair of circles were his eyes.

My topic in the general forum "It's absolutely nothing like you thought it'd be!" explains how I got into this show. But I'm glad. Many other slice of life series bored me to tears but this one is great!

And yeah, Alice is really cool. Actually, all of Orange Planet are a bunch of undercover lunatics. Tho I have a recipe for a desert called Sexy Dynamite No inspiration from this, actually, but it just made me like her more. And she looks so awesome in her school uniform.

Actually, I also like Woody. No, it's not the shades. It's no the "'yo" either. It's not even the airbike. It's because his name doesn't start with the letter A
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 11:49   Link #12
Ialdaboth

Quote:
This discussion belongs right here in the Fansubs Forum since it has been fansubbed, but it has not been licensed. Absolutely no company has yet hinted that they are going to be releasing this in R1, subbed or otherwise.
Thanks for the explanation, I wasn't even sure if we were allowed to talk about the story. ^^

As for the anime, I loved episodes 2 and 3 but was a bit disapointed with the rest. Don't get me wrong, usually I love director Sato works : Princess Tutu is my favorest mahou shoujo show ever, Pretear was funny and emotionnal as hell, I spent my christmas week-end watching the last episodes of the first season of Kaleido Star when I wasn't busy opening my presents, heck I already liked Mahou Tsukai Tai when I was a teen or Maple Town Stories when I was a child. You cannot suspect me of anti-Sato activities.

Same thing for the Aria manga : I love it. It's one of the best manga I had the chance of discovering this year, and it ranks maybe as high as YKK on my personal manga chart. There is a quality in Kozue Amano work that reminds me of the most peaceful works of Miyazaki. The same love for things of old, or traditional that you can find in Totoro (and isn't Caith Sith a Totoro-like figure ?).

The reunion of the two... just doen"t do it for me. There are some sequences that I love as much as in the manga, like Akari taking a walk in Neo Venezia and suddently it starts raining, or Akira's apparition in the anime. Even Alice is way cuter in the anime. It's just that, overall, I feel like the anime does't really interest me.

Maybe I just had too high expectations ?

Last edited by Ialdaboth; 2005-12-26 at 14:45.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 17:35   Link #13
NeoSam

Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay

A second season of ARIA The ANIMATION has been announced

Ok I have to calm down >.<

A second season, I'm so excited now
Old 2005-12-26, 17:59   Link #14
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay

Ok I have to calm down >.<

A second season, I'm so excited now
Unfortunately my excited sounds when I read that post have alarmed the neighbors. Now I have to calm them down before they call the police to have me arrested since they are certain that I was killing someone here.

Old 2005-12-26, 18:01   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
He's still a cat. Just a determined and skilled one. His immense love for the Himeya president gives him the power to do many amazing things... Not convincing? Yeah. I didn't think so either.

Actually, in the manga it took me a while to figure out which pair of circles were his eyes.
I was never able to figure it out from the manga. The only reason I now know is the anime makes it clear.

I don't know what kind of creature Aria is, but one thing is for sure, he's no cat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Great news. More Aria is always a good thing.
Old 2005-12-26, 18:24   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Second season's good to hear.. i'll be in need of more Neo-Venezia goodness.. and the amount of cute name's beginning with the letter A. ^^

I'm gonna have to agree with Aria being the best show of the season.. and i'd go as far as to say in my top 5 of 2005.. for many many reasons.
Old 2005-12-27, 09:27   Link #17
t3ck
Anime Freak

Wow 2nd season!? That's great news! This anime is a real gem. I really like how it is being paced and all, very different from what I've been watching so far. The animation is great and the music is simply fabulous. I especially love the episode where they go to the hotspring island(?).
t3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 17:12   Link #18
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Great news about the 2nd season, I've really come to enjoy this show. An unexpected bit of light-hearted and heart felt fun all round. Shame this week is the last episode of the first season though
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:32   Link #19
TrueKnight

Quote:
It is about mood. It is about character. It is about living life. Plot is irrelevant. If you only watch anime for the plot, then this is the wrong show for you.
Ditto. Overall the plot just sucks ass and not even worth remembering, the Undine, Gnome and Salamander stuff were stupid, and the rowing boat training stuff was just dumb... I mean wtf?

But man the atmosphere and mood were just so refreshing. The way the characters acts were just well.... funny and adorable. The way the wfc (white fat cat) did his stuff was awesome. The black and "Maa" cats were also awesome. The protagonist (forgot her name) is surprisingly not annoying. Her sidekicks are also just rocks. Her seniors were funny, the best one is gotta be the airhead one who has an angel voice (athena)? dumb (or naive) girls like these just rock.

Until then I finally realized this show is not about plot, but its about the characters and the mood. Quite refreshing while watching it at work lol.

Nyan Nyan Pu!
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:39   Link #20
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Off topic, but the Undines have some real life competition

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/waiwai...dm002000c.html
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, slice of life