AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 04:47   Link #261
rulfo

Typical... This thread got hijacked again and turned into kyoani general thread.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:46   Link #262
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Sebastian probably has a knockout body under all that clothing, like in most doujinshi... as for the bad boys of K... well probably have better abs then some teens genderbended swimmers instead of musicians... though the lack of brains would probably be equivalent

Anyway, when I think of archetypical yaoi fuel, Tiger & Bunny comes to mind, followed by Kuroko, Onizuka and Slam Dunk... these are/were unimaginably popular here both with circles and their fans

Kuroshitsuji was also a major hit, but can not compare to the above, plus like K and NoitaminA appealed also to guys, and had a lot of service for them too

Sorry for that... I wasn't referring to you specifically there but I messed up the order I wrote the post, ending up quoting you... anyway, it's just that having read all the rage in futaba channel, and then get a second serving in overseas blogs and forums (like this one), I feel the need to put some things into a more general (-azing... probably) perspective

Whether boys and girls like Free! or did like K-On! won't change the fact that like most KyoAni shows this is also manufactured to squeeze out the last yen out of us, but now thankflly at least independent of gender

I understand what you mean. I've also seen a lot of that anger and I can not understand why they get so angry.

I guess there are many anime that still do not know (I had never heard of "Tigger and Bunny"), so it seems that the guys with muscles are quite popular among fujoshis. Another thing, I think Kuroko, Onizuka and Slam Dunk also want to attract a male audience

PD: About the guys in K are slim without much muscle. I was relying on the manga "K: Memory of Red" (Josei), the guys few times appear shirtless
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 01:15   Link #263
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Typical... This thread got hijacked again and turned into kyoani general thread.
That is sort of normal before a KyoAni show starts to air. Just look at the K-On general thread when it finally came out that it was being done by KyoAni.

As a former swimmer, I wonder how accurate this well be. I don't remember a lot of guys on my team with muscles like that. Toned yes, but lots of muscles?
Old 2013-05-16, 11:20   Link #264
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

As a former swimmer, I wonder how accurate this well be. I don't remember a lot of guys on my team with muscles like that. Toned yes, but lots of muscles?

They're just sexing it up for the animation more likely.

I will say MC and Miyano's character have nice bodies....
Old 2013-05-16, 19:17   Link #265
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
They're just sexing it up for the animation more likely.
If that weren't obvious from the director's comments, the fact that it was changed from an elementary school to a high school should remove all doubt.

Of course, let's be honest - if that change hadn't been made there's no way in Hell they'd be producing the series in the first place.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 02:40   Link #266
whitecloud

Shota anime? Hahahaha...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 13:13   Link #267
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That is sort of normal before a KyoAni show starts to air. Just look at the K-On general thread when it finally came out that it was being done by KyoAni.

Yes a normal... A normal that's a growing pain in the ass.... I just would appreciate it if people didn't do it deliberately...

On a side note, I do agree with that muscle thing. But I gotta say I remember being in the varsity team then this kid 2 or 3 years younger than me having quite a chiseled form. To make matters worse the kids in late elementary. Well his build completely shows what it gives. That kid was a beast in doing butterfly.
Old 2013-05-18, 21:12   Link #268
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
The ED "Splash Free!", which is sung by the 5 guys, will be released on August 7 for 1,300 yen. (LACM-14130)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 11:11   Link #269
Haiprbim
Banned

Thread subbed.
Hot boys, cannot wait!
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 19:26   Link #270
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

If this series is a sports drama, I could be interested. Hajime no Ippo was the last sports show I enjoyed (and RAINBOW to a lesser extent in the sports sense). If this is a slice of life "friendship" (that can mean anything) show, I'll probably drop it.

Dunno. All male cast, high school, competitive sports. This could be made interesting by exploring homosexuality (just throwing this out there) in a sports/high school setting. Competitive sports drama is always exciting, but a cultural touch like that could make this a winner!
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 20:42   Link #271
Witch of Uncertainty

Is it just me, or is the art really different in the PV compared to the "Do sexy" or whatever it's called. I thought it looked way better in the "Do sexy".
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 20:55   Link #272
Warm Mist

The designs look the same to me. Keep in mind that the first CM was drawn and corrected by Kyoani's S-team, and the scenes in the PV might be done by lesser animators (as well as not being extremely polished like in the CM, where it was made to air as it was instead of advertising).
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 06:57   Link #273
Violet Rabbit

lol, I just remember how much more messed up the MAL news thread about this was compared to other sites. I want to be able to judge it for myself, thank you very much.

Whatever it may end up being like... it's unlikely I won't enjoy it, from the sounds of it, but I'll stay away from fanart because what I'm thinking of is probably not my thing.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:00   Link #274
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Rabbit View Post
lol, I just remember how much more messed up the MAL news thread about this was compared to other sites. I want to be able to judge it for myself, thank you very much.
Actually its still messed up, its already been almost a month since the announcement people still can't get over it.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:13   Link #275
Violet Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Actually its still messed up, its already been almost a month since the announcement people still can't get over it.
Thought so. I just tend to lose interest when a thread that's just for one piece of news lasts so long while still being quite active. I mean especially when it's mostly talking about one very specific detail or two.
Violet Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:44   Link #276
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
People are still seriously mad over this?
Old 2013-05-22, 22:27   Link #277
whitecloud

Is all the cast boys? Is there no teacher?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 14:58   Link #278
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I guess we'll find out about other cast members (Family, teachers, coach?) once the show gets closer to its airdate
Old 2013-05-28, 08:48   Link #279
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anime premiere: July
First doujin event announced: May

Gotta love fujoshi!
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 09:57   Link #280
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote: