Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-25, 20:01   Link #1
scilense

Question looking for fighting/sports anime

Hey
I just joined this forum to get some suggestions. (you guys seem to be giving really good ones)

Im watching Hajime no Ippo now, and Airmaster, and Initial D when I can get it
I love "realistic" fighting sport, and driving anime.

Im having a hard time looking for new things, because Im really not an anime "fan", I like it and Ive watched some but I havent really watched alot, I dont know companies and such. Just looking for more in these Genres.

I heard naruto might be pretty cool for me, because I might like the competition aspect.

any help would be awesome. thanks

-ps
after reading a little on the board, I thought I would add.
Any action anime would be appreciated, I liked escaflowne and a few like it as well. I was thinking about full metal alchemist as well, I see alot of recomendations here for it.

Last edited by scilense; 2006-01-25 at 20:14.
Old 2006-01-25, 22:06   Link #2
digits26

my suggestion to you would be Bleach if you havent seen it yet
or shura no toki or grappler baki
Old 2006-01-25, 23:33   Link #3
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

If u want sport animes, I suggest u watch " Hungry Heart wild striker". Its a soccer sport anime, however its not mainly focused on Soccer. I could its like 40 percent comdey, 30 percent soccer and 30 percent story line. I really liked it and laughed alot at some of the scenes. Eventhough its not a fighting anime its a really fun sporting one to watch.
Old 2006-01-26, 12:02   Link #4
mit7059

hmmm yeah, you should probably try Naruto and Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist is another great show. For sports, I didn't really like wild striker, but I did love Prince of Tennis. Don't be turned off by the fact that it's tennis, and while It may not be all that realistic its a great show nonetheless. Plus it has 178 episodes all on animesuki. Definately finish Inital D though, right now only 2 episodes come out every 2 months but watch through the first, second, and third stages before you watch the fourth stage. The only place I was able to find the third stage was ebay.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-01-26, 12:07   Link #5
scilense

Im on initial D fourth stage, Ive seen the 1st, -> 4th stage ep21 I think, I really like it. Im about midway through hajime no ippo and almost finished with Airmaster.

shura no toki looks like exactly somthing I would like!
I'll check out your suggestions thanks guys!

Also, Ive watched a little Read or Die, is there anything like that? I really liked it.
Closed Thread