AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-08-27, 07:24   Link #5941
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel

It's not nakama power, Natsu and Luxus pummeled Hades because the latter lost his magic, and FT got back what they had lost before. Table-turning event, yes, but not nakama power with little phantasmal hands of friendship punching Hades in the face.
Hmm you're forgetting Wendy, Erza, Lucy and Gray joining in gang-banging Hades in an infinite meteors of magic spam..
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 07:58   Link #5942
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Wtf was that? Is Natsu going to keep the lighting?

And Ultear is too hot btw, she needs to join Fairy Tail.
Old 2011-08-27, 08:31   Link #5943
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hmm you're forgetting Wendy, Erza, Lucy and Gray joining in gang-banging Hades in an infinite meteors of magic spam..
That was because of Ultear restoring the giant tree though. Still not that solid a plot-device, but not nakama power.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 09:48   Link #5944
Slayerx

Now you see, hades being weakened from the destruction of his "heart" and fairy tail regaining their strength from the restoration of the tree are the kind of twists I don't mind seeing when it comes to overcoming such a villain... Unfortunately the bad taste of horribly over used "Nakama power" is still in my mouth from the previous chapters; would have liked it so much better if we could have skipped all that.

However problem with this twist is that Azuma said he already restored the magic that was taken away with toppling over the tree before he "died"; so the restoration of the tree shouldn't have really done anything... Also Ultear's powers aren't supposed to work on living things... And I'm also bugged by the fact that we never really got a good look at Hade's heart...
Old 2011-08-27, 09:55   Link #5945
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I hope this is not the end yet..... I predict there will be something happen and break our mind.... Medy's glare is so mysterious
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 10:16   Link #5946
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I hope this is not the end yet..... I predict there will be something happen and break our mind.... Medy's glare is so mysterious
In actuallity, Meldy's glare is more towards the I know the truth and you are going to get it look. Really enjoyed the chapter though. Got a kick out of the boss cat stance of Happy and Charlie.
Old 2011-08-27, 10:23   Link #5947
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
However problem with this twist is that Azuma said he already restored the magic that was taken away with toppling over the tree before he "died"; so the restoration of the tree shouldn't have really done anything... Also Ultear's powers aren't supposed to work on living things... And I'm also bugged by the fact that we never really got a good look at Hade's heart...
Azuma restored the power he'd stolen from the Fairy Tail members. Since the tree was still down though, the additional power and protection it granted them while on the island was not restored.

So they were fighting Hades with just their own power as though they weren't on the island, then when Ultear restored the tree, it's ability to supply them with additional power was restored, and they got an outside source of power to draw on to restore their power.

Ultear was able to restore the tree, because, as we've been over twice before this arc, back during the Moon Drip arc, she stated that it didn't work on "living creatures", and as she demonstrated during her skirmish with Natsu this arc, trees are not considered "creatures" or parts thereof.

Quote:
As NoLongerSane says, it's not so much mysterious as it is pissed. And Zeref's still wandering around.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 12:26   Link #5948
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

That was anticlimatic...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 14:41   Link #5949
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
That...was poetry...
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 01:52   Link #5950
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Cats saved the day, and even Laxus got in a punch!
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 07:01   Link #5951
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Umm, I thought we half agreed that Natsu freaking out, was when he fought Gildarts. But you may be right. Maybe Zeref lad's serious angry face will be the thing that'll freak out Natsu.

Edit: no wait, Natsu is uninjured in Charle's vision, so it definitely has to be when he faced Gildartz.
The direction he's looking in the vision doesn't properly match the Gildartz scene, so it comes down to one art-flub against another.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 07:36   Link #5952
tarachi
Observer

well at least Hades got an excuse...still felt too unsatisfactory ending,
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 07:38   Link #5953
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I hope this is not the end yet..... I predict there will be something happen
I hope something does happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
In actuallity, Meldy's glare is more towards the I know the truth and you are going to get it look.
That was the saving grace for this chapter for me.
Old 2011-08-28, 14:34   Link #5954
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think FT will get some new members after this
Old 2011-08-28, 21:31   Link #5955
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, as hot as Ultear is, I don't want her in FT, at least not for a while. As an ally is okay but not joining the guild. Juvia will go nuts if she learns that Ultear is Gray's master's daughter and knows the same magic. Her 'Rival Meter' would go through the roof. And I'm still waiting on a Unison Raid from Natsu/Erza...
Old 2011-08-28, 21:45   Link #5956
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wonder if this chapter will give Lily, Happy, and Charle more street cred?
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 22:07   Link #5957
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnn, as hot as Ultear is, I don't want her in FT, at least not for a while. As an ally is okay but not joining the guild. Juvia will go nuts if she learns that Ultear is Gray's master's daughter and knows the same magic. Her 'Rival Meter' would go through the roof. And I'm still waiting on a Unison Raid from Natsu/Erza...
I would like to see that actually
Old 2011-08-28, 22:40   Link #5958
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Ultear isn't joining Fairy Tail any time soon. The council was only slightly less displeased with her than they were with Gerard. Her options at this point are pretty much to stay an outlaw, or start lounging around a council cell like Gerard is.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 03:42   Link #5959
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
With hades down the only threats that remain are zeref and the council. The tree just fot restored so i am confident that etherion will not be shot. Or if it does zeref will just absorb the energy. But i think by defeating hades this new generation has anounced the new age. That is why gildartz could not participate he is part of the old generation. Anyways zeref will awaken as a result

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 11:47   Link #5960
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Ultear isn't joining Fairy Tail any time soon. The council was only slightly less displeased with her than they were with Gerard. Her options at this point are pretty much to stay an outlaw, or start lounging around a council cell like Gerard is.
Just put a mask on and get a new name.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen