AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-16, 00:20   Link #301
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Steam, Impulse or EA Store.
What's in the Deluxe Edition?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 01:21   Link #302
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
What's in the Deluxe Edition?
Why for the low low price of just $60 you get Mass Effect 2 (of course) plus:
Copy Paste Power Go!

Collector Armor and Assault Rifle - Two bonus in-game items: advanced regeneration armor and a powerful enemy-shredding assault rifle.
Incisor Rifle - Bonus in-game weapon. Firing three shots with each pull of the trigger, the Incisor Rifle is designed to decimate shields.
Original Soundtrack - The Mass Effect 2 original soundtrack features 12 pieces spanning the entire Mass Effect 2 experience.
Digital Art Book* - The art book contains 48 pages of stunning full color artwork including captions from the Mass Effect 2 team.
Digital Mass Effect Redemption #1 comic* - Redemption follows Liara T’Soni’s dangerous mission to find Commander Shepard.
Documentary Video* - Featuring behind-the-scenes and making-of videos, the Mass Effect 2 documentary takes a look at how the game was made.
* These items are only available in English

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 01:39   Link #303
Xion Valkyrie

I think I'll just go for the normal edition.
Old 2010-01-16, 02:31   Link #304
killer3000ad

Shephard got his own interview spot. Booo they'll never do a femShephard since VanderShep is the canon character and face of Mass Effect.
Old 2010-01-16, 02:47   Link #305
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

Shephard got his own interview spot. Booo they'll never do a femShephard since VanderShep is the canon character and face of Mass Effect.
I posted that video 2 pages ago. This one's in widescreen though, so it's alright.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 09:01   Link #306
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I posted that video 2 pages ago. This one's in widescreen though, so it's alright.
My bad, I don't normally scroll back 2 pages when i check this thread out. But you'll like this one though:

Some interesting scenes in this vid, especially of Miranda. Damn I am actually tempted to play male Shep in ME2 just to romance her.

PS Okay so Miranda doesn't look that much like Michael Jackson. Maybe if she had a different hair colour or a different hairstyle, there'd be no comparison.
Spoiler for Miranda BEWBIES:

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-01-16 at 12:28.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 09:13   Link #307
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

oh well. its just a commercial. on one of my gameinformer mags Male shephard was #1 protagoniest and mention somethin about "that the female shepard just doesnt pull off" idk why, its the same damn thing just diffrent gender. Prob has to with who they based shephard off from. I think it was stargate galaxtica or w.e

and i Just noticed, do all the girls have bigger hootas than in #1 or is that just a character thing >_>
Old 2010-01-16, 12:20   Link #308
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

OT : I, on my part, blame Keroko as one of those who instigated me to play Touhou. The characters are too irresistibly cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I was never really concerned whether my decision was right or wrong, it was what I wanted to say so I said it. My major complaint with the dialogue in ME1 was it would say one thing on the options but what they come out with is either too nice or too rude than what you actually wanted to say.

Also it was hard being a renegade, I was trying to be a renegade but there were TOO many paragon things compared to renegade.

One final thing sometimes pointless conversations last too long.
I agree. There should have been a "Say Nothing" for all convos. Just for the lulz, we could also have "tilt head to side" or "make a noise", which the latter can be broken down into "Nyaa~", "Woof", "Squeak" or "make random noise".

The Paragon and Renegade shouldn't be equated to the Light/Dark side, just a reflection of how certain people would treat you as a whole. The Light/Dark side thing limits the choices you can make, or in D&D terms, being only able to be Lawful Good or Chaotic Evil, and not Chaotic Good/Neutral or Lawful Evil/Neutral.

I am one person who always play a female character because of they tend to always have more non-generic plot options. I guess it comes from being a male player trying to see from the position from an opposite sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and i Just noticed, do all the girls have bigger hootas than in #1 or is that just a character thing >_>
Yes. The girls, apparently, don't wear sports bra anymore. But I don't think we can expect them to bounce like Himari's*.

* - From the anime Omamori Himari.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 12:59   Link #309
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
oh well. its just a commercial. on one of my gameinformer mags Male shephard was #1 protagoniest and mention somethin about "that the female shepard just doesnt pull off" idk why, its the same damn thing just diffrent gender. Prob has to with who they based shephard off from. I think it was stargate galaxtica or w.e
For me, it was the voice. Femshep's voice lacks something that makes me want to play her.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 13:01   Link #310
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I agree. There should have been a "Say Nothing" for all convos. Just for the lulz, we could also have "tilt head to side" or "make a noise", which the latter can be broken down into "Nyaa~", "Woof", "Squeak" or "make random noise".

The Paragon and Renegade shouldn't be equated to the Light/Dark side, just a reflection of how certain people would treat you as a whole. The Light/Dark side thing limits the choices you can make, or in D&D terms, being only able to be Lawful Good or Chaotic Evil, and not Chaotic Good/Neutral or Lawful Evil/Neutral.
Do you really expect Shepard, the first human Spectre, savior of the galaxy, all around badass motherf*cker to go "Nyaa~"?

Also I think the difference in Paragon and Renegade should simply be attitude which effects how people see you and the decisions you make. Like say the renegade option is "Kill it with fire" and the paragon option is "Love it with hugs" but I want to be a renegade but I dont want to sound completely evil.

There should be more middle ground like "Burn it lightly" or simply "Kick it's ass" or "Remain indifferent" or "Advise"

In 2009 was the year of bringing in more moral options and differing decisions in games, now 2010 should be bringing in more middle ground than just being outright evil or outright good.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 13:08   Link #311
Westlo
Lets be reality

I lol'd.

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 13:11   Link #312
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I lol'd.

PFFFTTTt why settle for less, when less is more but more than less but not all is more
Old 2010-01-16, 13:42   Link #313
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
OT : I, on my part, blame Keroko as one of those who instigated me to play Touhou. The characters are too irresistibly cute.

I am one person who always play a female character because of they tend to always have more non-generic plot options. I guess it comes from being a male player trying to see from the position from an opposite sex.

Yes. The girls, apparently, don't wear sports bra anymore. But I don't think we can expect them to bounce like Himari's*.

* - From the anime Omamori Himari.
Seriously, get help.......

btw you can now download the digital version on gamestop.
Old 2010-01-16, 14:53   Link #314
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Why for the low low price of just $60 you get Mass Effect 2 (of course) plus...

Original Soundtrack - The Mass Effect 2 original soundtrack features 12 pieces spanning the entire Mass Effect 2 experience...
Everything I've read/seen about this game to date is making a very good argument for purchasing it (and perhaps its prequel as well, now that it's a Greatest Hits title). It helps that they're doing the Deluxe Edition right by adding actual swag above and beyond the ingame goodies (Ubisoft is doing likewise with SC: Conviction).
This said, I should point out that the soundtrack packaged with the Deluxe Edition seems to be a subset of the whole thing.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 15:41   Link #315
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Everything I've read/seen about this game to date is making a very good argument for purchasing it (and perhaps its prequel as well, now that it's a Greatest Hits title).
The first game will definitly be worth it if you want to continue a safegame or get to know the universe (truckload of journal entrys). But overall it feels like a Beta. The Secondary Missions are a joke, the Vehicle Physics are similar to a toast with marmelade and the inventory is a nightmare. Not to mention the citadel, i just couldnt memorize its layout. tehe.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 15:46   Link #316
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
The first game will definitly be worth it if you want to continue a safegame or get to know the universe (truckload of journal entrys). But overall it feels like a Beta. The Secondary Missions are a joke, the Vehicle Physics are similar to a toast with marmelade and the inventory is a nightmare. Not to mention the citadel, i just couldnt memorize its layout. tehe.
Well, it was a beta compared to the PC version. Still, those side missions could really have used some procedureally generated content if they didn't have time to do them.
Old 2010-01-16, 15:59   Link #317
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Everything I've read/seen about this game to date is making a very good argument for purchasing it (and perhaps its prequel as well, now that it's a Greatest Hits title). It helps that they're doing the Deluxe Edition right by adding actual swag above and beyond the ingame goodies (Ubisoft is doing likewise with SC: Conviction).
This said, I should point out that the soundtrack packaged with the Deluxe Edition seems to be a subset of the whole thing.
I'd just buy the first, it's well worth your time. It's not a long game, so just play it. Not to mention it's dirt cheap, compared to what's in it.

Skipping to first would be waste. I bought the first after watching the ME2 trailers as well.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:30   Link #318
Xion Valkyrie

Oh lol. I thought ME2 wasn't coming out for the PC until March...

I'm so happy now.
Old 2010-01-16, 19:19   Link #319
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Also I think the difference in Paragon and Renegade should simply be attitude which effects how people see you and the decisions you make. Like say the renegade option is "Kill it with fire" and the paragon option is "Love it with hugs" but I want to be a renegade but I dont want to sound completely evil.
Personally, I like the occasional bullet through the head. The addition of more options wouldn't hurt though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 22:03   Link #320
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
PFFFTTTt why settle for less, when less is more but more than less but not all is more
Seriously, why didn't Bioware spend as much time as above with Dragon Age's lingerie? Above looks sexy, while Dragon Age's is so fugly I literally 'escape skip' those scenes.

Looks like I won't do the same with mass effect 2, at the very least though.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2