AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-07-08, 02:55   Link #61
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just saw the film.

It just goes to show that Marvel really needs to get their licenses back because they are proving the old adage that if you want something done right, you might as well do it yourself. They pretty much salvaged Spiderman after the debacles of the first Spiderman 3 and the Amazing Spiderman 2.

Great Spiderman film. At this point I'm completely convinced that only Marvel Studios can salvage what's left of the mangled corpse that is the Fantastic 4 film license.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 21:39   Link #62
coded321
He Who Games

Spoiler for spider man's powers:
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 22:01   Link #63
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Well the point of the film is that, despite how he claims he performed in Civil War, he's just a beginner developing his skills and gauging his abilities.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 22:20   Link #64
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I remember someone mentioned that he doesn't have Spider Sense yet...
Ahh, right... Homecoming director Jon Watts talking about it..

Quote:
I feel like we have seen a lot of Spider Sense in the previous films, so we didn't really lean into that as hard as they have in the previous films. But I do think it is a really interesting thing to explore.

Last edited by Ruki0089; 2017-07-10 at 03:38.
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 08:59   Link #65
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It's pretty good film for Spiderman, shit makes me nostalgic again and I feel like the actor and his characterization makes bunch of things right in this film. The lack of spider sense and his dependency for all his costumes features/technology makes him kinda eh somewhat, but we see that he's slowly moving on from it and becoming independent for it.

The only thing I really dislike in this film is probably the MJ. I'm not sure whether they want to make strong independent women or something but I really can't feel that she's supposed to be MJ at all Like, I'm totally okay with her (albeit that she's somewhat strange girl) but when they revealed that she's MJ.. it's just doesn't seem right.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 10:44   Link #66
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Angry spoiler free review:

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 11:10   Link #67
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Saw it. It's a good movie, but I gotta say the over-reliance on SpiderStark suit, the absence of Spider-sense and that MJ reveal (the most prevalent rumor during the casting was right on the money) makes Homecoming still below Spidey 2 when it comes to what really makes a Spiderman movie.

Also, so many people already know who Spiderman really is. Even though Peter managed to avoid the bigger bullet at the end, his identity is hanging on the mercy of The Vulture. That just feels so wrong .
Old 2017-07-09, 11:33   Link #68
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Patience, is the greatest virtue indeed!
Also, who else thinks "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater" when the music starts?
Old 2017-07-09, 11:56   Link #69
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Patience, is the greatest virtue indeed!
That is one good trolling from Marvel. Well played.
Old 2017-07-09, 14:00   Link #70
sayde

Saw it. Loved it.

Just a few random thoughts.
Spoiler for movie:
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 01:11   Link #71
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
I think it was teased a time or two. A blind dodge here, a lucky block there, but nothing overt. I think they're playing it low key. He has it, but probably not to the level of previous incarnations, and he may not even know it exists.
Old 2017-07-10, 07:29   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I distinctly remember a scene in Civil War when he's fighting Falcon and Bucky and he displays it there when he says "Oh god" before dodging an attack from behind. That was a pretty strong instance.

Haven't seen Homecoming yet.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 12:13   Link #73
HasuMasu
*Artist

Seeing (kinda) Captain America so much throughout the movie is an unpleasant reminder that he won't have any more solo movies I grew to like Steve a lot
Old 2017-07-10, 18:30   Link #74
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I think it was teased a time or two. A blind dodge here, a lucky block there, but nothing overt. I think they're playing it low key. He has it, but probably not to the level of previous incarnations, and he may not even know it exists.
He knows it exists since Civil War. The issue is that in this version, his super senses are too much for him to handle as of now. It is a lot of noise to him, like having people shouting things at your ear constantly. His suit is deliberately meant to hinder his own senses so he could focus.
Old 2017-07-10, 19:36   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
He knows it exists since Civil War. The issue is that in this version, his super senses are too much for him to handle as of now. It is a lot of noise to him, like having people shouting things at your ear constantly. His suit is deliberately meant to hinder his own senses so he could focus.
Where did you get those? If an MCU insider said that, it would be interesting. Can I get the source? Coz I don't remember it was ever mentioned in the movie or interviews with the cast, director nor Kevin Feige
Old 2017-07-10, 19:47   Link #76
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yeah, even Homecoming director also mentioned this Spiderman still have no Spider Sense yet... But he will gain it eventually...
Old 2017-07-10, 20:13   Link #77
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Where did you get those? If an MCU insider said that, it would be interesting. Can I get the source? Coz I don't remember it was ever mentioned in the movie or interviews with the cast, director nor Kevin Feige
It's in Civil War when Tony first met Peter.
Old 2017-07-10, 20:43   Link #78
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
It's in Civil War when Tony first met Peter.
^^this
It wasn't as eloquently put as Vallen Chaos Valiant stated, but that's more or less what Peter tried to explain to Tony when asked about the goggles on the mask.

With that said, I think the story writers could easily turn this double edged hyper sensitivity of his into the development of his spider sense as he starts to hone his powers and skills more--if they so choose to go that route.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 21:23   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
It wasn't as eloquently put as Vallen Chaos Valiant stated,...
That was my point. MCU never confidently and blatantly stated it like Vallen Chaos Valiant did. Vague description is all we got so far. That's why I was wondering if I missed a source or something.
Old 2017-07-11, 07:01   Link #80
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That was my point. MCU never confidently and blatantly stated it like Vallen Chaos Valiant did. Vague description is all we got so far. That's why I was wondering if I missed a source or something.
Well it is obvious that MCU is trying to plan long term, so it makes sense to have him improve over time. For example, in the film Peter doesn't actually know how strong he really is, because he never had to use his full strength before. The moment with the collapsed building was when he realised what he can really do.

I guess I will just mention a few things...
1. Loved the Vulture, I like the fact that he is a man who has principles, that he puts his family first no matter what. He knew if he get arrested that his family would lose him, so he didn't want to do too big a job. And that he wasn't a criminal at heart, he just does what he had to do.

2. Loved that Peter suffered the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished". He wants to be a hero, and he held on to that belief no matter how it hurts him in every way possible. And in the end he even walked away from the reward he was suppose to get for losing everything he held dear as a teenager. The right thing meant pain, suffering, and the girl who liked him leaving. That's what heroism does. Heroism sucks, that is why there are so few heroes.

3. I HATED the random MJ reference. Completely unnecessary, completely pointless, and gets us nowhere. If you want MJ then call her Mary Jane. If you aren't even going to use her name then just keep her as an original character. I hated it especially because the film worked so well up to that point, and it is a sour note to me. It is an addition that causes nothing but problems.

Tags
marvel cinematic universe, sony, spider-man