AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-08, 22:31   Link #101
Ardee

I just bought the the character singles, and found a fun mix-and-match you can do if you have them and an audio editor: Open the thre Hare Hare Yukai tracks for editing, trim a few samples off the start of two of them so that the music starts on the same sample, and make a new track of the left channel of one and the right channel of another. Presto- your own duet (since the vocals are centered across the channels). Of the three, I like Haruhi+Yuki the best. Of course, after you have a duet, you can mix both channels of the third at 33% volume with the duet at 66% and you seem to have all three of them standing in different places next to each other

btw, while I'm thinking of it, does anyone know the significance of the "-run" in Mikuru-run? (Aside from Haruhi making an even worse tongue-twister of Mi-mi-mirakuru Mikuru-run)

p.s. - please, no PMs asking for audio mixes - I'm trying to make up for DLing the fansubs by buying the CDs and don't want to negate that - this is a do-it-yourselfer

p.p.s. - For anyone thinking of getting the singles but wanting a preview first, the official site of Lantis played a couple snippets of them during the last couple radio shows. I found Yuki's and Mikuru's somewhere in the last couple shows, one around 10:00 and one around 20:00 but I don't remember in which.

Edit - ok, maybe a tiny clip to whet your appetite for doing this: Haruhi & Yuki. Use headphones or put a speaker to each ear.

Last edited by Ardee; 2006-07-09 at 04:01.
Old 2006-07-08, 22:46   Link #102
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

ルンルン, run run, is a sort of attachment to shoujo or mahou shoujo anime/manga's main girl.

Koi no Mikuru Densetsu is a mega parody song of these genres: mahou shoujo, sentai, super robot, henshin hero(ine) etc.

So, it sounds like an 80's sentai/super robot OP theme, have the lyrics of mahou shoujo, sentai, super robot, henshin hero, voice overs of attacks/dialogues and of course ends with a shoujoish 'runrun'.

I'm not sure how to explain it any further lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-09, 23:38   Link #103
Huoshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Just asking...does anyone know what music was playing in episode 11 when the SOS dan was winning?
To answer that question, that would be Tchaikovsky's Symphony #4. More specifically, the Finale; Allegro con fuoco. You can probably find the Russian National Orchestra's performance of it on Amazon or other CD sites.

My favorites of his would be his 5th or 6th, but the use of the 4th for the change in the tide of battle brought a big smile to my face.
Old 2006-07-12, 04:09   Link #104
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Here are the romanisations for Mikuru's songs, my Japanese isn't really good, so if there are errors please do point them out:

Mitsukete Happy Life (Destination Happy Life)
Spoiler for Mitsukete Happy Life lyrics:
Toki no Pazuru (Puzzle of Time)
Spoiler for Toki no Pazuru lyrics:
Both songs are beautifully written, I'm not sure if I can pull off a translation though, I will do that and other songs when I have more time.

Mitsukete Happy Life has a happy tune and lyrics that tells of Mikuru looking forward to a happy future, actually more like wishing for one. Somehow I found some sadness in the lyrics.

Toki no Puzuru, is a sad song, especially its chorus and the fact that its sung by Mikuru. Particularly this line: 'itsumademo zutto isshou ni nante... ...muri desuka?',
which means 'Is it impossible for us to be together always?'.

Honestly I feel like crying everytime I listen to this song, hopefully its because I actually misunderstood the song lol, the lyrics just sounds too sad for me.

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-07-12 at 04:54.
Old 2006-07-12, 04:47   Link #105
Shin_Battousai

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Here are the translations for Mikuru's songs, my Japanese isn't really good, so if there are errors please do point them out:
translations?Don't you mean romanizations of the lyrics ^^;
Old 2006-07-12, 04:53   Link #106
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Battousai
translations?Don't you mean romanizations of the lyrics ^^;
Ah, yes lol, I'll edit that, translations may come later

Old 2006-07-12, 06:49   Link #107
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
anyone's found out the guitar solo for God Bless or Lost My Music?
sound pretty good and i wanna have a try on.
Old 2006-07-12, 11:32   Link #108
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Aya was just voice-acting in that "Hey Hey Hey! Music Champ" segment, that's why the two hosts of the show were going "ooooo" when she started speaking in that high pitched, cutesy voice. You can see she's speaking normally in this DVDCM as well as this interview on TVK (Aya is the one wearing dark jacket on the right).
Nope, you are mistaken. Firstly in the CM, she was acting as Haruhi that is why she was using that voice, and secondly the interview...the person is not Aya Hirano, but is Minori Chihara...the seiyuu for Yuki Nagato.

And for the "Hey Hey Hey! Music Champ" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Vc7bjCojo), the conversation was this:

The interview begins after the short song clip, and one of the host asked her "Are you a college/university student at the moment?" and she said "That's right.", and the host was like 'waaah....you sound completely different from the singing voice just now" and then she said "this is how I normally sound like." The hosts were making fun of her actual voice (the high pitch one) and mimic the way she speaks and then she explained that she could speak in a voice that is completely different and then she spoke a sentence with voice she used for Haruhi XD
Old 2006-07-12, 11:40   Link #109
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
Nope, you are mistaken. Firstly in the CM, she was acting as Haruhi that is why she was using that voice, and secondly the interview...the person is not Aya Hirano, but is Minori Chihara...the seiyuu for Yuki Nagato.
If you actually watched the interview, there are two seiyuu. The one on the left is Minori Chihara and the one on the right is Aya Hirano.
Old 2006-07-12, 11:47   Link #110
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
If you actually watched the interview, there are two seiyuu. The one on the left is Minori Chihara and the one on the right is Aya Hirano.
OK I realised that too (didn't quite recognise her at first because she look different) and was just about to edit it but you posted reply first, but anyway, the fact is that the higher pitch/soft-spoken voice is her normal speaking voice according to Aya herself.

And here is the making of the TVCM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUJSHBr1xbM (part 1/2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgx16io_Rnk (part 2/2)
Old 2006-07-12, 12:45   Link #111
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:

And for the "Hey Hey Hey! Music Champ" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Vc7bjCojo), the conversation was this:

The interview begins after the short song clip, and one of the host asked her "Are you a college/university student at the moment?" and she said "That's right.", and the host was like 'waaah....you sound completely different from the singing voice just now" and then she said "this is how I normally sound like." The hosts were making fun of her actual voice (the high pitch one) and mimic the way she speaks and then she explained that she could speak in a voice that is completely different and then she spoke a sentence with voice she used for Haruhi XD
a little off-topic but here is the translation of the interview

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-12, 13:24   Link #112
Marine-RX179

Cheers Noppa for translating the interview for everyone. It wasn't my intention to go off topic, but I just felt it was necessary to speak out when there are people telling other people that Aya's voice during the interview is acting (which is not), when they don't even understand what they are talking about...

It's quite common that female seiyuu to be able to do at least two voices: one is more mature, and the other is younger and more girly. But for them usually the mature voice is closer to their actual voice than their 'moe' acting voice (i.e. Nana Mizuki); but for Aya, it is the other way round.
Old 2006-07-12, 14:14   Link #113
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
anyone's found out the guitar solo for God Bless or Lost My Music?
sound pretty good and i wanna have a try on.
I plan to start working on a tab for those two soon. If anyone has the (correct) chords, it'd be a huge help.
Old 2006-07-12, 14:27   Link #114
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Cheers Noppa for translating the interview for everyone. It wasn't my intention to go off topic, but I just felt it was necessary to speak out when there are people telling other people that Aya's voice during the interview is acting (which is not), when they don't even understand what they are talking about...

It's quite common that female seiyuu to be able to do at least two voices: one is more mature, and the other is younger and more girly. But for them usually the mature voice is closer to their actual voice than their 'moe' acting voice (i.e. Nana Mizuki); but for Aya, it is the other way round.
ooww sorry i didnt translate .. i got it from a member of the IDWF forum
btw credits to xxxholic
Old 2006-07-12, 22:55   Link #115
SnakeLegend

i think its not disgusted face but whats with that face ^^
a raising star won't say that, especially the cute hirano <3
A: "You can't do that, Hamada-san."(OMG... ^^) <--- who's she acting as?
Old 2006-07-13, 00:48   Link #116
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
i think its not disgusted face but whats with that face ^^
a raising star won't say that, especially the cute hirano <3
A: "You can't do that, Hamada-san."(OMG... ^^) <--- who's she acting as?
Yea, it's not 'disgusted face'...but more like 'uncomfortable face'...it's quite hard to get a direct translation for that into English.
Old 2006-07-13, 00:55   Link #117
SnakeLegend

direct isn't good, its just like spelling p3n1s as P.three.N.one.S
Old 2006-07-13, 03:38   Link #118
kinship

heyyyy ima new here so i dunno wot to say buh ye hiii =]

ahhh awile ago ApathyEcstasy asked for the piano version of the happi ending music tune thing in episode 14 its also in the beggining but not piano, does anyone know its name? There dosnt seem to be a Haruhi OST so im lost to where to find it.
Old 2006-07-13, 06:27   Link #119
SnakeLegend

Hare Hare Yukai.
Old 2006-07-13, 08:21   Link #120
kinship

nono not the ending theme that happi upgoing instrumental song =)
Closed Thread