AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-12, 18:35   Link #1
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Covers of 鳥の詩

Decided to start this thread because I stumbled across THIS:

The singer and his band (don't quote on this) put their own rock twist on 鳥の詩. The results were very unexpected. Give it a listen and post covers of 鳥の詩 you've encountered.

EDIT: Turns out the band that covered this is X JAPAN. They also played this cover live. See my next post for the vid.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-08-16 at 21:00.
Old 2007-08-12, 23:17   Link #2
Mirificus

This piano arrangement isn't too bad.

Old 2007-08-15, 12:53   Link #3
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Ack! The audio sub I linked to got trashed!

Got something else, X JAPAN's cover of 鳥の詩

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-08-16 at 20:59.
Old 2007-08-16, 10:45   Link #4
Keruri
Like a falling star

I don't know if a fandub counts, but here's an amazing one by two friends of mine, HIMEKA and fantasiimaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIxt3pZy8NM

EDIT- Dangit, it won't embed correctly....
Old 2007-08-18, 21:28   Link #5
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaGDB View Post
Ack! The audio sub I linked to got trashed!

Got something else, X JAPAN's cover of 鳥の詩

I love tat rock!!!
Old 2007-08-19, 00:44   Link #6
Wuya

bah... i cant seem to like those. the original and some musical remixes/versions were good, but this rock version fails for me...
Old 2007-08-19, 12:46   Link #7
patnam

I still don't wonder how there is metal version of Tori no Uta and where it is came from anyway?
Old 2007-08-19, 14:10   Link #8
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
There was a metal version of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu that was done, and it was supposedly done by X Japan, but it turns out it was done by some other group (arranged by psycho and sung by J - http://speedfreaks.blog.shinobi.jp/ ) and placed over a concert recording that closely matched the song as far as lip movements and instruments. I want to say the same was done here, since parts of that video don't look right. The song is at least an interesting take though, and well done on placing it over the concert. ^^

I think that Tori no Uta cover was done by the same guys too... I can't read it, but the kanji (forgive me if it's not actually kanji but one of the other writing forms - I'm ignorant on such things at the moment) looks the same on one of the songs on their download list.
EDIT: Downloaded the song - yeah, it's the same song.

Last edited by Alexandrite; 2007-08-19 at 14:28.
Old 2007-08-19, 17:57   Link #9
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I assume it basically means that X JAPAN DID NOT cover 鳥の詩?
I thought the slight timing errors were because the vocalist, at least for the first 30-45 seconds of the vocal part, was struggling to hear his own voice...........

HOLD IT!

I DON'T think it's a fake. Do ANY of X JAPAN's own material feature a piano part at the VERY BEGINNING of the song? Listen to the crowd's reaction to the opener.

Maybe that video was merely a cover of a cover.

EDIT: Got the blog entry with the video it in. http://speedfreaks.blog.shinobi.jp/Date/20070712/ Anyone mind translating what's been posted?
Old 2007-08-20, 14:45   Link #10
CCYoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
There was a metal version of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu that was done, and it was supposedly done by X Japan, but it turns out it was done by some other group (arranged by psycho and sung by J - http://speedfreaks.blog.shinobi.jp/ ) and placed over a concert recording that closely matched the song as far as lip movements and instruments. I want to say the same was done here, since parts of that video don't look right. The song is at least an interesting take though, and well done on placing it over the concert. ^^

I think that Tori no Uta cover was done by the same guys too... I can't read it, but the kanji (forgive me if it's not actually kanji but one of the other writing forms - I'm ignorant on such things at the moment) looks the same on one of the songs on their download list.
EDIT: Downloaded the song - yeah, it's the same song.
I don't know if the same group that did Metal of Koi no Mikuru Densetusu did Tori no Uta. At least, for me, it felt different - the vocals especially were definitely done by someone different than the Mikuru singer.

Looked up the artist for the Mikuru song, the MP3 says "Psycho feat. J" but I remember digging up somewhere that the artist might have been "Animetal", a group that according to Wiki does covers of tokusatsu and anime songs - but I wasn't able to find a connection - maybe it's because I'm searching the title in English.

In any case I wonder if there are any more of these metal anime covers out there, I really enjoy them.

Old 2007-08-21, 00:23   Link #11
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Okay, to be honest (and I should have mentioned this before I dug a hole), my declaration is mostly fueled by a variety of people all pointing to that source and saying that it's not X Japan. Since I don't really know too much about X Japan (and therefore couldn't tell you if any of their other songs have piano bits to them), I'm just going to have to say that's what I know and wait for someone to correct me, something that seems to be more common than I'd like to admit.
Old 2007-08-21, 00:47   Link #12
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaGDB View Post
I DON'T think it's a fake. Do ANY of X JAPAN's own material feature a piano part at the VERY BEGINNING of the song?
Forever Love.
The Last Song.
Silent Jealousy.
Endless Rain (almost, apart from a single chord).

So yes. Oh, and it's impossible for X to have covered Tori no Uta anyway - they broke up in what, 1997? When did Air come out, and when was Tori no Uta first recorded? 2000, from memory. Time factors are a bit off there guys

EDIT - that footage is from the Last Live that X played at Tokyo Dome in 1997. From the video, it looks to be a cut of possibly the Last Song, and perhaps Rusty Nail, as Yoshiki is shown on both drums and piano... within half a second of each other.

Personally, my favourite mix of Tori no Uta has always been the original mix by Lia, that was included in the game - although I have rather fond memories of the Re-feel piano arrangement as well.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-08-21, 10:03   Link #13
Wuya

the AIR arrangements were not bad either, its version of tori no uta was pretty good, but only a pretty decent singing.
Old 2007-12-22, 23:05   Link #14
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Amazing fan-dub, I'm glad someone took the time to make it, it definitely supplements the cover!
Old 2007-12-23, 02:34   Link #15
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I don't know WHAT you're referring to.

Here's my theory as to why metal versions of 鳥の詩 and 恋のミクル伝説 were dubbed over the 1997 X Japan concert. I'm thinking that this "psycho" guy (that's right, that's his alias), is actually an X JAPAN member.
Old 2007-12-24, 04:58   Link #16
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ HashiriyaR32

I assume you're talking to me, yes? If so, I'll try to be clearer, though I don't see how I can be...

You asked if any X songs (X being X Japan, naturally) have a piano introduction to them. I provided several X songs that do, including the Last Song, Forever Love, Silent Jealousy, and Endless Rain - there are others, if I felt like pulling out my X albums. The footage itself is, as I stated, from the Last Live Concert X Japan performed at the Tokyo Dome on New Year's Eve 1997. Since Tori no Uta was written post 1999, it's highly unlikely that X could have covered it in 1997, no?

As to your theory about a member of X rearranging Tori no Uta and dubbing it over their own final Live concert... firstly, I'd have to ask why exactly they'd even do such a thing, and then I'd have to point out that the only member of X really capable of doing that would be Yoshiki, and what with him acting as a producer, working on Violet UK, newly working on S.K.I.N, and with the new single and new tour for X themselves coming out (and with some of these projects happening since 1999), I can't see him doing it... especially since he's a composer of his own music, and would therefore be unlikely to rearrange something like this, especially over his own band concert. Also, if he was going to do so, why would he stitch together two songs from the Last Live just to run a metal cover of an eroge tune?

As for other X members, hide is dead, Pata is in another band, Toshi has been a little off to the left, and heath has been hiding in the woodwork. Since none of them were really music-writers, more performers, their absence/presence is a tad more academic anyway, but I suppose they had to be raised.

The video is most likely what it appears to be - a fan-made metal arrangement by an anonymous eroge/metal fan, who mixed a song he liked over a band he liked.

-Andiyar