Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-31, 16:02   Link #1781
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Madoka probably is my biggest one that I absolutely hate that everyone seems to like.

Actually going by that line of thought, most of Shaft's work I don't actually like. There's some outliers, but on the whole I get turned off by their artwork.
You hate Shaft's artwork?

I don't understand how you ca-

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

*dies*
Old 2012-04-11, 21:05   Link #1782
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Just looked at ef-tales of memories and it is way worse than when I last saw it. The drama is awful, the characters are annoying, and the art is way too trippy. Definitely does not hold up. So I guess it would be included in this list.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-04-12, 03:37   Link #1783
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

First you can't stand of Yosuga no Sora and HanTsuki and now this !?
It seems you are not a fan of romantic dramas.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 04:32   Link #1784
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I probably should put Symphogear on my list of anime that i don't like due to the low budget visuals, underdeveloped characters, horrible story and cliches. But clearly some people did like it.
Old 2012-04-12, 05:38   Link #1785
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I'm one of those people who's very hard to be driven to hate, I really have to think deep to find an anime that i hate, even deeper for ones that the majority likes (the reverse is a lot easier for me).

After a while, I think I can put Phi Brain in here. Admittedly I didn't go past the first few episodes, nor do I know if it's actually popular, but it got a 2nd season so it must be having a decent rating at least. I don't know why, but there's something that revolts in me when watching it. Something like "this isn't puzzle".

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2012-04-12 at 06:29.
Old 2012-04-12, 06:19   Link #1786
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I dislike, or even hate all of these harem romantic comedies, where the main character seems more like a thing than a human, if you know what i mean:

Prime examples would be To Love Ru
and
(the anime version of) Rosaria+Vampire (because the Manga is not that bad, as it has a plot that is developing that also changes the MC and not just random Ecchi thrown around)
Old 2012-04-12, 06:28   Link #1787
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I dislike, or even hate all of these harem romantic comedies, where the main character seems more like a thing than a human, if you know what i mean:

Prime examples would be To Love Ru
and
(the anime version of) Rosaria+Vampire (because the Manga is not that bad, as it has a plot that is developing that also changes the MC and not just random Ecchi thrown around)
If you want to look a harem title that isn't particularly comedic and has a MC that isn't "some random wimpy/crybaby/perverted clown fool", go watch Seikon no Qwaser (even though it contains too much fanservice in it, there's lot of drama and conflict, the story is pretty dark, has richer subplots and the main male protagonist is a badass silver-haired tsundere instead of wimpy pervert) or Chaos;Head (there's absolutely no comedy nor it shows ecchi, it stays dark for the whole series, even though the MC is turned from a ridiculous otaku to a brave hero in the final episode). There's also lot of harem romantic dramas where the comedy is almost nonexistent and the male lead is much more human and has character development, even though he do something ridiculous, like Yosuga no Sora or Kimi no Iru Machi.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 06:42   Link #1788
Athena
The Power of One

K-ON was a show that didn't click for me.
High School DxD's animation was poorly done.
Not exactly hate, but expected Haruhi Season 2 to be...less repetitive?
And finally Guilty Crown. Fairly inconstant.
Old 2012-04-12, 06:45   Link #1789
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
If you want to look a harem title that isn't particularly comedic and has a MC that isn't "some random wimpy/crybaby/perverted clown fool", go watch Seikon no Qwaser (even though it contains too much fanservice in it, there's lot of drama and conflict, the story is pretty dark, has richer subplots and the main male protagonist is a badass silver-haired tsundere instead of wimpy pervert) or Chaos;Head (there's absolutely no comedy nor it shows ecchi, it stays dark for the whole series, even though the MC is turned from a ridiculous otaku to a brave hero in the final episode). There's also lot of harem romantic dramas where the comedy is almost nonexistent and the male lead is much more human and has character development, even though he do something ridiculous, like Yosuga no Sora or Kimi no Iru Machi.
You really seem to like pushing people watching Seikon no Qwaser or Chaos;Head (which was a horrible adaptation of the VN), while i doubt that many people would watch them if you actually gave them more discription like in the case of qwaser:special powers powered by breast milk >_>.
In fact i hated (a word which i don't use alot for animes) both of these series that you call good.
Old 2012-04-12, 06:59   Link #1790
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You really seem to like pushing people watching Seikon no Qwaser or Chaos;Head (which was a horrible adaptation of the VN), while i doubt that many people would watch them if you actually gave them more discription like in the case of qwaser:special powers powered by breast milk >_>.
In fact i hated (a word which i don't use alot for animes) both of these series that you call good.
Qwaser is a anime that I loved due to my action harem experience since Negima. While Chaos;Head is a anime I planned to watch (due to how interesting the story is) but I feared of starting watching it because of most people's negative impacts about the show, even for people who haven't played the game.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 07:02   Link #1791
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Not exactly hate, but expected Haruhi Season 2 to be...less repetitive?
And finally Guilty Crown. Fairly inconstant.
I'm pretty sure not many people liked Guilty Crown or Endless 8. In fact I'm sure no one liked Endless 8 besides appreciating the fact that Kyoani are trolls.

Threads like these are kinda annoying. People just lash out on what anime they hate before even reading the title correctly.
Old 2012-04-12, 07:06   Link #1792
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Qwaser is a anime that I loved due to my action harem experience since Negima. While Chaos;Head is a anime I planned to watch (due to how interesting the story is) but I feared of starting watching it because of most people's negative impacts about the show, even for people who haven't played the game.
It still does not change the fact that the borderline H-content in Seikon no Qwaser might turn off other people. Even people who don't mind H-content (seeing that i read eroge) won't always like it for the needless and excessive usage of it.
As for Chaos:head let's ignore other people's negative impacts, you have already spoiled the mystery of the story by reading on Chaos:head without watching 1 episode or read the VN.
Old 2012-04-12, 07:14   Link #1793
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
As for Chaos:head let's ignore other people's negative impacts, you have already spoiled the mystery of the story by reading on Chaos:head without watching 1 episode or read the VN.
I read some episode summaries on Wiki and I realized that the story is very interesting to me, even having heard of many people's comments. That's why I planned to watch but I am so feared because of a "curse" towards many viewers I saw on many sites, and I planned to create a suggestion thread for the show's basics.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 07:25   Link #1794
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I read some episode summaries on Wiki and I realized that the story is very interesting to me, even having heard of many people's comments. That's why I planned to watch but I am so feared because of a "curse" towards many viewers I saw on many sites, and I planned to create a suggestion thread for the show's basics.
Even if you know the story, you are still neglicting many other factors like the atmosphere ,pacing, the execution of the story etc.
For example Code Geass R2, Guilty Crown , 11eyes and even the Tsukihime anime sounds much better from the summaries than it was actually presented.
The opposite can also true, like romances and drama stories can't always be judged without feeling the atmosphere/mood of the show or atleast the characters.
Old 2012-04-12, 09:15   Link #1795
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why are you recommending something you haven't even watched???
Old 2012-04-12, 09:36   Link #1796
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Another anime I hate that everyone seems to like is Sora no Otoshimono
Old 2012-04-12, 09:38   Link #1797
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Just looked at ef-tales of memories and it is way worse than when I last saw it. The drama is awful, the characters are annoying, and the art is way too trippy. Definitely does not hold up. So I guess it would be included in this list.
well it's not surprising since it's based on an eroge. i tend to avoid anything based on love-sim or eroge

Quote:
your comment doesn't make sense... people can say negative stuff about the show if they saw the show. why does it matter if they played the game or not. you don't have to fear starting it... just start watching it and if you hate it.. stop watching or better yet just don't watch at all since it sucks.... welll that's my take on that show.
Old 2012-04-12, 10:25   Link #1798
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever View Post
well it's not surprising since it's based on an eroge. i tend to avoid anything based on love-sim or eroge
Then you probably didn't watch some good anime like for example anime adaption of Key's works like Kanon, Air and Clannad or other decent ones like Amagami (the last 2 examples are not an eroge but are still romance Visual Novels that might fall under your definition of love sim). Also Steins;Gate was also a visual novel, but it would be a stretch to call it a love sim, eventhough it does follow the structure of a VN with a specific heroine at the end as the goal.
I am just saying that not everything based on visual novels are bad
Old 2012-04-12, 10:27   Link #1799
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Why are you recommending something you haven't even watched???
You could look in my latest posts to see that I planned to watch and you will understand my reasons.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 12:47   Link #1800
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

You should ignore all and everyone who talks about a VN when the topic is anime.
'that anime is bad, because the VN was so much better', 'that anime should have followed the VN more closely', 'that anime is not even the same genre as the VN' ect.
None of this matters to someone who did not read, or plans to ever read the VN in the first place.
So just ignore.

Anime stands on it's own.
Better not to know where it comes from. Knowing the source material of something seems to lead people to complain a lot and not enjoy the show. If this forum is anything to go by...
Closed Thread