*Scanlator

Just another interesting Shirakawa visit report for the gamers here:
http://www5.ocn.ne.jp/~yoc/gra.html#20060917

Those 絵馬 cracked me up.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 17:37   Link #162
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

One of those ema will be put up by me when I get a chance (hopefully) to visit there this winter www
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 13:33   Link #163
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
Could you please answer to this question? I have already been spoiled enough, plus the anime is basically over, so i do not mind another "tiny" spoiler. If putting that in spoiler tags is dangerous, then please pm me the answer.

So...what's behind all the events of higurashi? Who is really Oyashiro-sama?
All your answers now belong to us. www

Yes, you've been spoiled by reading somewhere where warnings explicitly state DO NOT READ. Pray tell us why we should bother to tell you right now? How fair is that to people who waited all this time trying not to look at these threads that warns of the major spoilers in them? Just because you chose to be spoiled does not mean that we must provide you with everything.

I have tried to keep things considerate to all people in this thread who were interested in this anime. I provided them with TIPS and Frederica Bernkastel's poems to help them get the closest "feel" to the game that us game players had. We didn't HAVE TO DO THIS, but we chose to. Why? Because the TIPS aren't spoilers but they were a pivotal part of the Higurashi story. That's why they were left out in the open as each episode aired (carefully checking which TIPS to put up in correspondence to each aired episode) so as not to reveal anything that people shouldn't know yet.

All things set aside, your answers will be listed very soon, but only after the final episode airs next week. Wait and suffer - that's how as Frederica would say: I cannot quench your thirst. If you can't wait that long, learn Japanese and buy the game.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 16:10   Link #164
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

O my god. This is one of those moments that make me absolutely loathe 4chan. Lately posters have been just going about making parallels with Endless Eight from Suzumiya Haruhi to Higurashi... grr... those guys were hinting not-so-blatantly at this afterall.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 22:02   Link #165
ayyo

Replace your 'wwww' with *kusukusu* and you'll have yourself a modern Miyo, kj.

Hum, so who will be the modern Keiichi.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 08:48   Link #166
MarmoO

I just finished playing Minagoroshi and I have to say there were few things with which I’m kind of disappointed, there were also things with which I’m amazed.

Spoiler:
MarmoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 09:23   Link #167
LostBlue
祭囃子

Spoiler:
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 13:07   Link #168
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
I just finished playing Minagoroshi and I have to say there were few things with which I’m kind of disappointed, there were also things with which I’m amazed.

Spoiler:
Minagoroshi was more of a "first try" than anything else, it would be cheesy if everything went Rika's way. You'll find out in Matsuribayashi that it's not as easy as you think for Rika to "win".
Old 2006-10-22, 01:28   Link #169
maboroshi
Akachan ningen

Hi, can someone help me? I can't get Matsuri-bayashi. After putting together all the 51 pieces, one extra piece appears that talks about children's bento and collecting flags but then the game ends instead of leading to the Matsuribayashi story.

What did I do wrong? It's driving me nuts...
maboroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 03:27   Link #170
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maboroshi View Post
Hi, can someone help me? I can't get Matsuri-bayashi. After putting together all the 51 pieces, one extra piece appears that talks about children's bento and collecting flags but then the game ends instead of leading to the Matsuribayashi story.

What did I do wrong? It's driving me nuts...
Are you really playing the game normally...? You're not supposed to be able to get that piece until you have completed the game at least once....

After completing the first 50 pieces (after seeing Matsuribayashi-hen's piece), a new piece called "かけら屑" should appear. After watching that, choose 祭囃し編のかけら again, and the story should continue.
Old 2006-10-22, 05:59   Link #171
maboroshi
Akachan ningen

Thanks SushiY, I think I got in.

Spoiler:

I didn't know that you went in through the matsuribayashi kakera so I was really confused after the 52nd piece appeared .I thought you went in through the extra piece but the game just ended and the credits appeared

Last edited by maboroshi; 2006-10-22 at 06:09. Reason: to put in spoilers
maboroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 11:46   Link #172
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

non sense here, sorry ~~

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-10-26 at 12:16. Reason: freaking wrong thread.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 21:26   Link #173
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

It's been announced a while ago, but seeing as how Ryukishi-san just posted the jacket illustrations up, I figured I'll make a post here too.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei

梨花かわいい~
っていうかエロ(ry

The biggest disappointment I had with Matsuribayashi-hen personally was the lack of a proper after-story (epilogue). Although Ryukishi-san himself mentioned that he did it on purpose so that the players can imagine their own endings, a lot of people probably still would've wanted to see something presented in physical form. Which is why I was pretty happy to hear that one is being written. Now that it's done, all that's left is the long wait until winter comiket.

As for the scenario name, 賽殺し編.... Sai...koroshi? A pun on saikoro (dice)?

昼壊し = Daybreak made me laugh a little.
Old 2006-11-24, 13:41   Link #174
Calca
Expressionless

Okay I'm trying to piece it all together after watching the anime and reading what I could about what it left out of the game. Perhaps I can get some help from someone who knows more than me?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Calca; 2006-11-24 at 13:56.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 13:57   Link #175
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Okay I'm trying to piece it all together after watching the anime and reading what I could about what it left out of the game. Perhaps I can get some help from someone who knows more than me?

Spoiler:
-First, is the culprit a fanatic citizen?
-Second, why would someone perform a ritual, leading the village into an impending doom?
-Third, who is really rika?

try to answer theses questions first (since HNNKN is based on self theories and lot of brainstorming, i'm just giving you some clues, while it's hard to not spoil you right away )

if you want the answers or talk about theses, i recommend you this thread : Higurashi Discussion (for people who have read the clues)

There is also a precious source of information in this other thread : Your Qs for Higurashi Answered

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-24 at 20:51.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 19:45   Link #176
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

A new Frederica poem for Saikoroshi-hen has been posted in the development diary:
http://07th-expansion.net/Cgi/clip/clip.cgi

Really just for kj1980 to see, feel free to jump all over this one in the poem thread.
Old 2006-11-25, 02:44   Link #177
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
A new Frederica poem for Saikoroshi-hen has been posted in the development diary
Ahahahaha, of course we could never seen such a light-hearted poem until now with Rules and such

Spoiler:
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 15:34   Link #178
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Ahahahaha, of course we could never seen such a light-hearted poem until now with Rules and such

Spoiler:
I don't think the poem has anything to do with the complaints. Ryukishi-san has never bent his stories just because certain fans wanted to see something. Besides, Rei is meant to be a form of gratitude from Ryukishi-san to the fans who have gathered throughout the 4 and a half years that it took to complete the series.

Either way, it's quite clear that Ryukishi-san is going to put the Higurashi series to rest (for now) with this final "epilogue" scenario.

The meaning of the poem is obviously "selfishness and greed ultimately results in loss". And it's probably referring to something in the story. Really though, Frederica's poems are meant to be read once in the beginning, and then once more after the completion of the scenario. So just be patient and wait for it.
Old 2007-04-18, 19:59   Link #179
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I just read through Meakashi-hen in 2 days flat... since my senior thesis is at the honors board right now.

On to tsumihoroboshi and then minagoroshi!

Tsumihoroboshi-hen notes:

Spoiler:

Minagoroshi-hen notebook (edit as I go along):

Spoiler:

Minagoroshi Part 2 Notes
Spoiler:

Minagoroshi Part 3 Notes

Spoiler:

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2007-04-21 at 17:33.
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 18:14   Link #180
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Matsuribayashi-hen notes (Just finished Minagoroshi)

I'm glad I have the PIECES thread to rely on ^^

Spoiler for Prologue:

Spoiler for Pieces:

Spoiler for Part 1:

Spoiler for June 20 +:

Spoiler for Secret Piece:

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2007-04-23 at 05:13.
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote