Notices

Old 2012-03-07, 12:38   Link #2061
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well that was a... damning choice...

Spoiler for Dem Spoilerz!:

Rather tough call I should sau. Really leads credence on how the game is all about sacrifice.
Spoiler for reply above:
Old 2012-03-07, 12:41   Link #2062
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for reply above:
.... Aw fuck I don't have a save for that choice. Oh well. Chose him over her anyway.

From this point on when faced with choices like this, I think I'll do some internet consultations foe the best outcome. Didn't care much for her race from a practical standpoint anyway.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 13:11   Link #2063
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post

Again, what makes me mad is that they will get a way with it, easily. Even worse is that some fans will give them a free pass all because "its Bioware, they can do no wrong."
And you know what? I have faith that after Dragon Age 2, SWTOR to some degree and now ME3 more and more people will have realized that Bioware's reputation as being impeccable has been long gone. I think all the scandals and outrages surrounding ME3 have hurt the credibility of the BW brand more than the actually game can redeem in the long run. Sure ME3 will still earn EA a ton of money but at the same time I think they're continuously running one of their flagships into the ground in the long term.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 14:06   Link #2064
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Mass Effect
Old 2012-03-07, 14:39   Link #2065
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I can't stop laughing when I see people talking about consistences and ME3 ending overall. I'm harshly reminded, time and time again about the BioWare talk how JRPGs aren't RPGS (mind you they were mentioning Final Fantasy as they don't know that there are some other out there as well) and how they give false sense of choice. Guess what BioWare, you're even worse now. You boosted so much how the decisions are gonna have huge impact on the ending and with all the constant talk, hell I thought game would shift differently haflway through for each individual who had done stuff differently. But no, they have pretty much showed us that they are cash-cows and hypocrites. Don't get me wrong, I still think ME3 is a great game, but the ''decisions that will decide the FATE of the world'' was more of an illusion.
Old 2012-03-07, 15:13   Link #2066
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
And you know what? I have faith that after Dragon Age 2, SWTOR to some degree and now ME3 more and more people will have realized that Bioware's reputation as being impeccable has been long gone. I think all the scandals and outrages surrounding ME3 have hurt the credibility of the BW brand more than the actually game can redeem in the long run. Sure ME3 will still earn EA a ton of money but at the same time I think they're continuously running one of their flagships into the ground in the long term.
I have zero faith though, especially since you have a legion of game "reviews" site throughout the web that give inflated scores based on hype. So long as sites give inflated misleading scores people will think that products, no matter how flawed, are amazing. Nevermind the developers copy and pasted from google images or cut content to make it DLC, because its 9.5

I do not even have to read IGN to know what it will give.

For ME3 it is going to be 9.5/10 "GOTY, best written RPG evar!!!What's a Planescape Torment? Multiplayer and explosions hell yeah!"

edit: Just looked at IGN, Me3 is a 95...

To be clear, I am not saying no one will enjoy ME3 nor am I griping on anyone for enjoying ME3. I just do not think things were handled right, specifically using google images for designs. Furthermore, I doubt companies will ever have to worry when review sites throw out inflated scores, thus giving the image that everything is dandy.

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-03-07 at 15:43.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 16:34   Link #2067
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What is with all the hate of the MP? is it because it could have been scrapped for something more story drivin etc?

because i like playing it inbetween missions like its not all about shepard lol.
Old 2012-03-07, 17:40   Link #2068
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I have zero faith though, especially since you have a legion of game "reviews" site throughout the web that give inflated scores based on hype. So long as sites give inflated misleading scores people will think that products, no matter how flawed, are amazing. Nevermind the developers copy and pasted from google images or cut content to make it DLC, because its 9.5

I do not even have to read IGN to know what it will give.

For ME3 it is going to be 9.5/10 "GOTY, best written RPG evar!!!What's a Planescape Torment? Multiplayer and explosions hell yeah!"

edit: Just looked at IGN, Me3 is a 95...

To be clear, I am not saying no one will enjoy ME3 nor am I griping on anyone for enjoying ME3. I just do not think things were handled right, specifically using google images for designs. Furthermore, I doubt companies will ever have to worry when review sites throw out inflated scores, thus giving the image that everything is dandy.
I can't help but notice that in posts where you bash the game and some of the people who play/inflate it, you put a disclaimer at the end of every post justify your dissent in a sea of gamers who still love the game despite full knowledge of the flaws you're always pointing out. Lot's of said gamers are still able to, you know, enjoy the game without being all emotional about the problems and issues during and after game production, and without being swayed by your so-called inflated scores (which are expected to be near grossly inflated anyway).

Defensive much? Because you're welcome to your opinion no matter how negative, and you don't need to justify it in every post like your being an apologist for everyone with a dissenting opinion. When doing so it just makes people suspicious why you need to do it in the first place like you have a much different reason in posting.

Also, it may be a stock photo of her of the real person she was based on, but she's still fucking hawt.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2012-03-07 at 18:04.
Old 2012-03-07, 18:50   Link #2069
Who

Oh Tali... I friendzoned you in ME2, and this is what you do behind my back?

Spoiler for Heavy spoilers. Pairings.:

Oh, and fighting Kai Leng was such a bitch. But SO satisfying.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 19:07   Link #2070
Nixl

Quote:
I can't help but notice that in posts where you bash the game and some of the people who play/inflate it, you put a disclaimer at the end of every post justify your dissent in a sea of gamers who still love the game despite full knowledge of the flaws you're always pointing out. Lot's of said gamers are still able to, you know, enjoy the game without being all emotional about the problems and issues during and after game production, and without being swayed by your so-called inflated scores (which are expected to be near grossly inflated anyway).

Defensive much? Because you're welcome to your opinion no matter how negative, and you don't need to justify it in every post like your being an apologist for everyone with a dissenting opinion. When doing so it just makes people suspicious why you need to do it in the first place like you have a much different reason in posting.

Also, it may be a stock photo of her of the real person she was based on, but she's still fucking hawt.
I reread my posts and often think I come off way too extreme. That and, being on so many forums, especially gaming forums, people resort to extremes far too often in my opinion and I do not want to become one of those posters. To be honest, I'd rather look like I have an agenda than fatalistic. If my posting/editing style annoys you, my bad.

edit: It is not being emotional or subjective enjoyment per se, but irritation at Bioware's new direction, which I think has brought many negatives with it that I think will continue (focus on action rather than setting, romances/sex sells, simple dialogue). Compare ME1 to ME2 or ME3. There is a definite shift away from pure RPGs, which while not inherently a terrible decisions seems to have replaced writing/dialogue with action hero cutscenes and sex scenes. To me, I honestly believe Bioware has dumped its older fans for a casual consumers looking for the next round of instant gratification and cheap thrills till the next product comes along.

There are already few RPG companies that I can think of and I would rather think the emphasis stays on well thought out story/dialogue and not tits and explosions. ME3 may not be a terrible game, but I hope it does not become a RPG standard, otherwise I have no reason to play RPGs anymore. I want thoughtful story and dialogue, not "we fight or we die" [cue explosion].

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-03-07 at 19:29.
Old 2012-03-07, 19:13   Link #2071
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Not really, it's just that you come off way too apologetic and defensive in your posting.

On the other hand, we're all thankful this isn't Gamefaqs.
Old 2012-03-07, 19:13   Link #2072
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
About Tali...
Spoiler for Background on Tali off-game:
Still doesn't make what we got right by any means. IMO. Horrible stuff. Totally not canon in my universe.

As Mordin Solus would put it.

"Unacceptable experiments, unacceptable goals".

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-03-07 at 19:38.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 19:33   Link #2073
Nixl

Quote:
Not really, it's just that you come off way too apologetic and defensive in your posting.

On the other hand, we're all thankful this isn't Gamefaqs.
I see what you are saying, but I would still like to avoid looking fatalistic at all costs. It is simply a pet peeve of mine both irl and on the internet. Drives me up a frickin' wall.

ugh don't get me started on my gf when she starts to freak out. Lol, Talk about needing to be on the defensive.
Old 2012-03-07, 19:58   Link #2074
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Heh, that robot with camel toe is amusing. It doesn't scream 'fan service sex bot' to me or anything like that, more.. lazy cop paste body swap, or generic female body with a unique head and standardised textures.

I don't have a save from either ME1 or 2, can you still make up a background for the previous games going into ME3 to have it effect things in game? Or you just lumped with something generic.
Old 2012-03-07, 22:27   Link #2075
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Heh, that robot with camel toe is amusing. It doesn't scream 'fan service sex bot' to me or anything like that, more.. lazy cop paste body swap, or generic female body with a unique head and standardised textures.

I don't have a save from either ME1 or 2, can you still make up a background for the previous games going into ME3 to have it effect things in game? Or you just lumped with something generic.
There's a list of generic choices, like who you recruited, whose loyalty missions you did and whatnot. I'm not sure if there's something like Genesis for ME2 out yet. Or you can go to www.masseffect2saves.com and pick out a save you like.

In other news... beat ME3. Quite honestly... the ending was kinda meh. I'm not thrilled by it, but I'm not really depressed/furious about it. I'm just more like, "eh, guess it's time for either NG+ or import a different save file". However, I thought everything else leading to the ending was really good collectively, even if it started going downhill after the Tuchanka missions.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 23:29   Link #2076
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
So how long is ME3?

Trying to plan my limited time for this week.
I finished in 20 hours on my first playthrough, starting at level 1 (you start at level 30 if you import a save, unless you use Gibbed Save Editor to change your level). Did nearly everything. Getting 100% exploration of every explorable system would probably have tacked another hour or two on (many of them were at 100%, with a few that weren't). Was level 46 when I finished. Yesterday. So, took two days, which makes me realize I must have played 10 hours/day, though it really doesn't feel like it.

What wasn't counted in that 20 hours on the game save was the hour or so it took me to create my character as the Character Creator lighting is so bad that I had to play through the Prologue cinematics (half of which can't be skipped) like five times before being able to see my character in game and liking how I looked.

As for whether ME 3 is an RPG or not, I haven't thought of it as an RPG since ME 2, and barely thought of it as an RPG during the first game. It's an action adventure game with a hell of a lot more story than a typical action adventure game. I made peace with that several years ago. I think if some of you did as well, a lot of your anger and cholesterol levels would subside. That said, it's more of an RPG than ME 2, due to the weapon upgrades being brought back, so that's something I suppose. I still think of it as a story driven action adventure game, especially when the lead ME designer explicitly states that their target audience doesn't like stats and numbers and poring over items and basically everything that made old-school RPGs...RPGs.

As for the discussion about choices blah blah, well, it makes me recall a conversation I had with David Gaider (Bioware writer/dev) a few years ago, and how he admitted that 'choice' in a video game is a total oxymoron. An illusion. And, whether-as a developer/writer-one should be proud of being successful in hoodwinking your audience into being stupid enough to think there's any real choices to be had in a video game; that the story isn't really pre-scripted (when, by definition, no matter the 'choices', it is). He seemed to think that-as irrational as it seems-today's gamers wanted that illusion, so as a developer/writer, he was forced to cater to that lie. But, he was well aware of how silly it was. It's certainly something I always giggle to myself over when hundreds of pages can be written about lack of 'choice' in one video game or another by angry fans. For the record, I far prefer a tight story than the inevitable boringness that comes with a story that has to accommodate a hodgepodge of 'decisions' people make. That's why I used to love JRPGs to death in the good old days.

Spoiler for Ending:
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2012-03-07 at 23:45.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 01:02   Link #2077
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2012-03-08, 01:22   Link #2078
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
^
Spoiler for Ending: