AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-27, 22:53   Link #1
Azrael

Action Anime with cool Main Char

I've been watching Trigun and Samurai Deeper Kyo and though they seem to be similar (both main characters are super powerful + comedic relief). Im wondering if there are any more types of anime's like this? Like where the main character is a total badass (excuse the french) like Vash the Stampede and Demon Eye Kyo. I dont care if its sci-fi or fantasy but i really like action and lots of it :P. Anyways thanks for your help all
Old 2004-07-27, 23:13   Link #2
co0lguyjt

I think you should watch Getbackers.Theres 2 main characters and one of them is the bad ass kinda guy yer lookin for and then his buddie is the comedy yer lookin for.This anime has Loads of action.The evil eye(forgot what its called)will keep you guessing what part is real and a dream.Amano Ginji (sp?)Takes the serious parts and turns them into humor.So Since you named licensed anime,i guess you dont mind if its licensed (it is licensed right?)
Old 2004-07-28, 01:17   Link #3
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Samurai Champloo's main character Mugen is pretty badass... the other main character Jin is equally badass... I suggest you check that anime out... it ain't the greatest anime ever... but it's a damn good and entertaining show nevertheless... it has action/samurai/blood/comedy with a nice hiphop soundtrack and style to it... the show has solid animation as well... definitely worth a watch... check out this thread for more comments....

then there's also Gungrave... the main character Brandon Heat (or Beyond the Grave) is badass... he shoots two guns and barely misses any of his targets... he doesn't speak too much either... he just wastes everyone... the story is good for the most part, though it does get kinda wack near the end... don't sleep on this one... it's another good watch... I believe volume one of the dvds have been released here in North America as well... check out this thread for more comments...
Old 2004-08-14, 19:42   Link #4
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Samurai Champloo. Mugen is the badass.
Old 2004-08-14, 20:17   Link #5
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
I suggest Cowboy beebop, and if you don't mind the Ci-fi, try g.i.t.s stand alone complex. Also Full metal alchemist don't miss out on this hit.
Old 2004-08-14, 20:36   Link #6
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

yes you want getbackers. samurai champloo and bebop don't have any characters with special powers or anything, they are just normal people who are good at sword or fist fighting.
Old 2004-08-15, 10:31   Link #7
locknoir

I'd recommend Berserk, the main character : Gattsu is so super bad ass. At one of the point he takes on a 100 soldiers at the same time, the serie end abit weird, but Gattsu is a just too bad ass. He might seem regular in the beginning, but his power increase to inhuman strength
Old 2004-08-16, 21:59   Link #8
Zipi-2
God

Send a message via ICQ to Zipi-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
yes you want getbackers. samurai champloo and bebop don't have any characters with special powers or anything, they are just normal people who are good at sword or fist fighting.
but spike is so cool! realy good char and funny too!

any way for a badass main char try berserk a great series but the end kinda ruines some but still a great series theres also a manga to it as far as i know.

btw how many episodes is samurai champloo and is it lisnced or something ?
Old 2004-08-16, 22:30   Link #9
hooliganj
Team Player

Samurai Champloo has run for 9 or 10 eps now, but it is licensed, so you'll have to wait to see it.

If you want an action anime with the coolest male lead ever, hop on down to your local video store (or use the internet), and find yourself a copy of City Hunter today! Especially the live-action movie, starring Jackie Chan. There is no cooler lead than Ryo Saeba.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-17, 01:43   Link #10
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
I'd suggest Scryed, the main character Kazuma is just really badass.

others:
Full Metal Panic
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gokudo (more fantasy genre, but just a really funny, non-heroic hero)

oh and Cutey Honey!!

Last edited by Jenichan; 2004-08-18 at 00:21.
Old 2004-08-17, 21:57   Link #11
7thMethuselah

GetBackers : Ginji and Ban are awesome
Samurai Champloo : everyone seems to think Mugen is cool but Jin is alot more cooler imo, not to mention Fuu is hilarious
Akira : Tetsuo, that guy rocks
Old 2004-08-18, 04:27   Link #12
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Champloo was liscenced in America before it even aired in Japan. That doesn't stop groups from subbing it, since the DVDs won't be available for a long while. It's currently on episode 12, and up to 10 is subbed. 11 should be done by tomorow though. Jin is cool, but Mugen is still more of a badass. Jin actually helps people and has morals, whereas Mugen doesn't give a shit. The only one he actually listens to is Fuu, I think. It's a great series regardless. Episode 11 might be the best episode of any anime I've seen all year. It was awesome.
Closed Thread