AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-09, 19:37   Link #41
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Certainly a possibility. I'm honestly pretty sure that most of these girls, if they ended up in their own person's world, would find themselves facing a warped representation of themselves. With Rika it's pretty obvious; the girl dedicated herself to her, broke the law just to please her, and she responded by insulting her and pushing her away, at which point she starved herself to death. Hard to imagine her trauma being anything but Rika. Little less certain with Momoe but certainly possible that her friend killed herself on account of being rejected. This's especially true since Momoe described it as such an extremely uncomfortable experience that sent shivers down her spine. Having your love reject you can be hard, having your love reject you with any indication of visceral revulsion can easily drive one over the edge.

With Ai we have a lot of factors. There's the way she got bullied for defending her for instance, the fact that Ai watched without taking any pictures as she promised, and naturally
Spoiler:
At the least, every trauma Ai knows Koito went through was directly connected to Ai.

Of course, this could just be why they're able to go there and get the eggs: it could be that arriving there requires a fundamental belief that one is responsible for the other's death.

On a different note, I didn't expect to see an actual Fat Ugly Bastard.

One thing I wonder though is just what really will lead to the dead girls being freed and what that freeing will mean. Seems kind of far-fetched that they'll just suddenly come back to life; if any suicides had come back up to this point you know there'd be no end of news about it. I could see it being a bit like Angel Beats, with them having to truly come to grips with their trauma and then they reincarnate rather than actually coming back.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2021-02-10 at 02:14.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-09, 23:57   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Are you sure your sister stabbed you?
Are you sure your sister isn't Wolverine? Or maybe she pulled out a chainsaw?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 00:01   Link #43
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Are you sure your sister stabbed you?
Are you sure your sister isn't Wolverine? Or maybe she pulled out a chainsaw?
Neiru's weapon is a compass, so I'm going to assume her sister stabbed her with one, opened it up in her back(?) and dragged it down, multiple times by the look of it. No wonder she ended up in the ICU.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 21:14   Link #44
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Yeah that definitely looks like some bone claws or something.

I feel like this series is kind of losing me... not sure.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-16, 11:08   Link #45
Sides

( '_' ) Neiru made the best comments in episode 6. If they are true or not, we will see. I'm pretty sure deep inside she likes to torture people just for fun.
Overall, Ep6 felt like the end of Ai's chapter. Btw i think a lot of viewers noticed it before, it seems that only Ai can aquire (temporary) weapons/items from egg girls, unlike the other heroes.
In the next episode we will see Rika's mom for the first time. She is voiced by actress Nao, formally known as Nao Honda/Honda Nao (i think they are both stage names), if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Sides; 2021-02-16 at 11:20.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-16, 21:12   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-02-17, 02:00   Link #47
HandofFate

Very interesting developments.
The new creatures are pretty cute
Old 2021-02-17, 20:46   Link #48
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Overall, Ep6 felt like the end of Ai's chapter.
Oh, I don't think so. I'm not entirely sure what was going on in her head during that least sequence, but I don't think we can take it at face value. We still don't know what happened to Koito and whether he had anything to do with it. The prayer beads and the girl Ai was protecting are tied to the idea of seeing dangers that no one else can see. That seems to have triggered something with Ai.

That said, I don't think the teacher is the Big Bad of the story. There are too many people invested in him, for too many different reasons. He's not just Ai's teacher, but he's also her mom's boyfriend and Momoe's uncle. Plus they keep suggesting he's evil, which usually means he's not.
BBOvenGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-17, 22:40   Link #49
HandofFate

Hope so, for once, it be nice to have a male teacher be close with female students and actually do so because they actually care and not because they're a perv in these stories.
Old 2021-02-18, 03:49   Link #50
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Hope so, for once, it be nice to have a male teacher be close with female students and actually do so because they actually care and not because they're a perv in these stories.
Second that. The pervert male teacher/mentor option is just too easy and done so many times, and it would be funny to see how viewers react towards it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Oh, I don't think so. I'm not entirely sure what was going on in her head during that least sequence, but I don't think we can take it at face value. We still don't know what happened to Koito and whether he had anything to do with it. The prayer beads and the girl Ai was protecting are tied to the idea of seeing dangers that no one else can see. That seems to have triggered something with Ai.
I get what you are saying. I just prefer to judge things as they are currently presented, mainly because I don't know how many episodes this show has.
I mean they show might just threw me off guard with the last scence, but I like surprises ^_^

edit: so it is just a 12 episode show. 3 Blurays/DVD with 4 episode each. Source: https://wonder-egg-priority.com/bddvd/

Last edited by Sides; 2021-02-18 at 13:38. Reason: confirmed show length...at least i think i have
Old 2021-02-24, 10:43   Link #51
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow, well that episode was pretty intense.

Spoiler for Ep 7:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 12:22   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
True, very true

Old 2021-02-25, 14:54   Link #53
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

I'll be laughing if it turned out that Sensei is Rika's father

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 12:29   Link #54
HandofFate

Episode 7 had a lot of things. The episode did a good job of presenting things pretty neutral.
Like Rika's grievances were valid but I totally understand her mom too, and I feel pretty bad for her.
The way Rika describes her mom, fits herself to a T.
Old 2021-03-01, 08:21   Link #55
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Easily the best show of the season. Good luck to anything else for the rest of the year trying to top this. Don't like their chances.
Old 2021-03-02, 11:17   Link #56
Sides

'o'
Spoiler:
Old 2021-03-02, 16:08   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Boooo, when a recap is counted as an actual episode, so the anime is actually 1-episode shorter than you thought it'd be.

Old 2021-03-03, 02:04   Link #58
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

That was one of the better recap episodes I've seen. How you choose and organize the clips can say a lot, and I feel like they were able to build on the story even though there was no new video. Some added depth, perhaps.
BBOvenGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 20:54   Link #59
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
That was one of the better recap episodes I've seen. How you choose and organize the clips can say a lot, and I feel like they were able to build on the story even though there was no new video. Some added depth, perhaps.
Agreed. It flowed pretty well for what it was. There were no surprises, but I liked that it confirmed that you can heal quickly in the dream and come out of it fine.

I'm wondering where we go next. Neiru still needs her backstory explained. And after that? One of the most interesting things is how hard this show is to predict. I think Ai is going to use those prayer beads to find out what really happened to Koito, but beyond that, so many options are fair game.

Is the teacher the final boss? I can't tell! Even that head turn when he was holding / comforting Koito was animated in such a way that it could have genuinely been a good teacher comforting a bullied girl.

Can the statue girls even be brought back to life? Or will they just forgive their friends and then go poof?

Could one of our four main girls die or commit suicide herself and be brought back by the others? What if Ai or one of the others is saved after a suicide and the bittersweet ending is they poof?

Next week, though, it sounds like we might learn more about Acca, Ura-Acca, and the Wonder Egg system. Maybe that'll be sort of a flashback episode leaving 10, 11, and 12 for a strong finish. That's my hope anyway.
Ragashingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 12:30   Link #60
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Whoa! That was quite the episode! Maybe not quite pivotal, but close!
Spoiler:

Beyond all that, this was just a good episode. Three left!

Last edited by Ragashingo; 2021-03-09 at 13:29.
Ragashingo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girls, psychological