AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-17, 19:48   Link #1301
Homucifer
Banned

I got to level like 13 and stopped I can never find where I'm suppose to go in mmorpgs and never can find people to play with as well
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 12:09   Link #1302
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Now they are locking people who leave out of duty finders for 30 minutes. My healer kept dc-ing and now I pay the penalty for leaving the party?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:38   Link #1303
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Now they are locking people who leave out of duty finders for 30 minutes. My healer kept dc-ing and now I pay the penalty for leaving the party?
Well there's also vote kick...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:41   Link #1304
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Huge changelog.

Man, I would think this is an expansion, not a patch.
That was my reaction, too, when I browsed the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homucifer View Post
I got to level like 13 and stopped I can never find where I'm suppose to go in mmorpgs and never can find people to play with as well
Sorry to read that. In my view, the main quest line has done a very good job at pointing you towards the next milestone, and it's easily been the best I've seen in any MMORPG I've played over the years. But my character is an arcanist/summoner who started from Limsa Lominsa, and I haven't taken a look at the storylines of the other two nations. So, I don't know if your experience was affected by gaps in writing for characters starting from Ul'dah or Gridania.

As for finding people to play with, the game makes it extremely easy through the Duty Finder and open-world FATES. The thing is, you won't begin to experience party-level content until around Level 20 and above. This is by design. The intention is for players to get used to their chosen classes before they start playing in groups.

The gameplay for each class/job is, to me, quite straightforward, but I still encounter players who totally fail at their roles. So, it does seem that the lead-up time is very necessary for some, especially those who've never played MMORPGs and are not familiar with the "holy trinity" of tank-DPS-healer.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 05:08   Link #1305
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homucifer View Post
I bet you have never played Ragnarok Online.
Old 2013-12-19, 07:26   Link #1306
Homucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
That was my reaction, too, when I browsed the changes.

Sorry to read that. In my view, the main quest line has done a very good job at pointing you towards the next milestone, and it's easily been the best I've seen in any MMORPG I've played over the years. But my character is an arcanist/summoner who started from Limsa Lominsa, and I haven't taken a look at the storylines of the other two nations. So, I don't know if your experience was affected by gaps in writing for characters starting from Ul'dah or Gridania.

As for finding people to play with, the game makes it extremely easy through the Duty Finder and open-world FATES. The thing is, you won't begin to experience party-level content until around Level 20 and above. This is by design. The intention is for players to get used to their chosen classes before they start playing in groups.

The gameplay for each class/job is, to me, quite straightforward, but I still encounter players who totally fail at their roles. So, it does seem that the lead-up time is very necessary for some, especially those who've never played MMORPGs and are not familiar with the "holy trinity" of tank-DPS-healer.
Quote:
This goes for any mmorpg for me btw
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 08:12   Link #1307
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Oh GOD XD that game is SOOOO confusing. XD I only got monkbecause people helped me navigate the game and told me where i need to go.
Old 2013-12-20, 12:17   Link #1308
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I finally got my Bard's Shirt. Yayness.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 21:30   Link #1309
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

well i done crystal tower last night, and got a drg mask, thought it was a pld one lol, now i have no incentive at all for doing another run, since i cant get another item off ct for a whole damn week!!, they clearly didnt think that through
Old 2013-12-23, 16:21   Link #1310
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I was poking around Mist just yesterday. Not a single lot has been sold. Everything is still empty. I suspect the same goes for the Goblet and Lavender Beds as well.

gg Squee.

Crystal Tower desperately needs a hardmode that can be entered with a full 24-player premade, saves on a 7-day lockout, and drops item level 90 versions of its current loot (with the current itemization... I'd kill for an AF2 alternative with INT, VIT, Crit and Acc over the lolspellspeed on my AF2 robe). The dungeon is fantastically designed from a visual perspective but it's so incredibly easy to clear that the only thing keeping people from speedrunning it in a half hour is the random-queue requirement.

Extreme primals are reasonably challenging and well-designed. Last night one of my FC's two Coil statics (the static I'm a part of, actually) went in and got our asses kicked by Garuru for a few hours. I like how they're making more multi-tank fights with tank swapping mechanics rather than just having lots of adds spawn. Ultima Weapon HM is also a really well-designed encounter... actually, all of the new fights are very well designed, though I question the wisdom of recycling AK gear for Pharos Sirius, Haukke HM and Copperbell HM. All three of those should really drop item level 70 pieces as alternatives to Darklight and crafted gear.

With Christmas being this week we've suspended raiding for a week, but last week Astral Group cleared Turn 4 and now we're ramping up gearing to get everyone to around average ilvl 82-85 before we start working on Twintania.
Old 2013-12-24, 00:15   Link #1311
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

From what I've read - I'd say they over-applied the sticky brakes big time on the housing.

I've given up on getting on until the holidays fade.
Old 2013-12-24, 18:03   Link #1312
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

We finally got our FC house couple days ago, and someone already posted it in Reddit! Our FC House

We are famous now :3
Over here at Faerie, this was the first house made in the Gridania area. Doesn't it look amazing? Though it looks much better in-game.

EDIT:
Teh Vortex Couch!!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Nochgo; 2013-12-24 at 18:33.
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 01:52   Link #1313
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Your UI makes my brain hurt. @.@
Old 2013-12-25, 02:04   Link #1314
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Yea I wish I had a proper computer with a better monitor to play with. My hp laptop resolution places severe limitations on the game's UI.
Old 2014-01-02, 08:40   Link #1315
night_sentinel

Hey guys! I just got the game from a year end sale. Can you guys tell me which server are you playing on?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 23:34   Link #1316
kyp275
Meh

I'm on Sargatanas
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 04:00   Link #1317
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

midgard for me.

And to all fellow Australians out there who can do everything in this game but kill titan cause of the massive lag, try www.reducethelag.com im on a free trial atm and tried it last night on titan...and i can finally dodge those damn plumes and landslides now!! My ping went from 5-600 down to 300 ping!! and 300 might sound like alot to US players but screw them they live next to the servers not half a world away.
It feels good not being to reason for most wipes against titan anymore, i tried recommending it to other titan runners who were lagging on landslides but i just sounded like a damn rmt seller lol
Old 2014-01-03, 04:32   Link #1318
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm playing on Tomberry, and from what I've seen, there are a lot of Aus players there. I kept on being asked to join various Aus guilds.
Old 2014-01-03, 08:06   Link #1319
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'm also in Tonberry O_O. So I'm not the only animesuki member on Tonberry? lol
Old 2014-01-03, 08:32   Link #1320
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Balmung if you want to RP, and where most of AS is.

Tags
mmorpg