Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 21:30   Link #1541
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
With glamour system, you can change the appearance to anything that you like now!!
Yeah, but knowing my luck when it comes to drops (I get everything but the chest and pants pieces), so I'll probably be in full Soldiery gear before the gear I want for vanity drops. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I can't seem to find any image regarding it. What's wrong with it?
It just looks silly. Exhibit A (far right, the lala), Exhibit B (dead centre), and Exhibit C (this, but black and red). I don't really understand why there's an orange and red version of the outfit (unless I have the outfits mixed up?).
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 21:37   Link #1542
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'd love to have that shit on my Lalafell, lolz.
Old 2014-03-26, 21:39   Link #1543
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

BTW, I just realize this, now you can make your character dressed in sailor fuku uniform !!! :P
Old 2014-03-26, 22:16   Link #1544
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think the new patch just took out the perverts from within their players.

Why isn't there a nurse costume for the healers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:18   Link #1545
relentlessflame

*Administrator

As a newer player, I'm a bit sad that they made glamours only available for level 50s, because it's while levelling where you're constantly getting all these weird/random/ugly costumes that I'd love to just pick a look I like and have it stick. Even the dyes only do so much (though I see they're getting some new ones as well).

But, in either case, still happy for the glamour system in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why isn't there a nurse costume for the healers.
Save something for Patch 2.3.
Old 2014-03-26, 22:25   Link #1546
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As a newer player, I'm a bit sad that they made glamours only available for level 50s, because it's while levelling where you're constantly getting all these weird/random/ugly costumes that I'd love to just pick a look I like and have it stick. Even the dyes only do so much (though I see they're getting some new ones as well).

But, in either case, still happy for the glamour system in general.
Yea it's kinda of a weird choice given the prisms were made for lower levels as well as higher levels.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:26   Link #1547
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
With glamour system, you can change the appearance to anything that you like now!!
Yes, but the patch notes had a worrying bit in it, they say that Glamour will not work in PVP and "other special areas"
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 23:05   Link #1548
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As a newer player, I'm a bit sad that they made glamours only available for level 50s...
The rationale behind this decision puzzles me as well. It's not like we're talking about highly challenging scenarios here or anything...

On another note, I am curious as to whether the devs have tried blending PvP and PvE into a given instance; something along the lines described in this article.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 23:46   Link #1549
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Yea it's kinda of a weird choice given the prisms were made for lower levels as well as higher levels.
IIRC, you can sell the item imbued with glamour in the market for lower level to wear, so lower level player can opt for that?
Old 2014-03-27, 01:35   Link #1550
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
IIRC, you can sell the item imbued with glamour in the market for lower level to wear, so lower level player can opt for that?
Ohhh.... If this is the case, then there could be a good little business here for level 50 characters, so long as they're willing to be reasonable in price (as low-level characters don't have much Gil). You could either sell/trade "pre-made" combos (safest; just buy the armor from merchants, apply the glamour, and sell/trade), or offer a service where the person provides the items they want to have "glamourized" () with a small service fee, and then you get it back applied (requires trust of the seller, particularly if you're also handing over the glamour item).

I always thought you needed to have the glamour item somehow on your character in order for it to work, even after applying it, but this doesn't make sense because the projected item could be in your armoire or retainer.

An idea they could implement for later could be to have a self-serve glamour NPC for lower-level characters where they can trade the items and apply the glamour for gil, but for level 50 armors and above, you'd have to use the crafting/skill method. Obviously, though, that would remove the business opportunity mentioned above.
Old 2014-03-27, 03:14   Link #1551
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Servers are back up but they are so damn glitchy!
Old 2014-03-27, 03:38   Link #1552
relentlessflame

*Administrator

In case anyone else was using their PS3 controller connected to their PC to play the game, the new update changed the way controller input is handled in the game. It used to be that you could use Motioninjoy (with Better DS3, preferably) to just create a default XInput profile, but this no longer works properly. Instead, you need to create a DirectInput profile to map the buttons.

Triangle/Circle/Cross/Square: 2/4/3/1
Select/Start/PS: 11/12/13
L1/L2/R1/R2: 5/7/6/8
L3/R3: 9/10
D-Pad/Left Stick/Right Stick: D-Pad/X&Y/Z&RZ

Also posting it here in case I lose the settings somehow.
Old 2014-03-27, 04:36   Link #1553
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im trying to play the new patch but all im getting is 90k and 2002 errors
Old 2014-03-27, 16:28   Link #1554
Jaden

The amount of hoops you have to run to unlock stuff (especially Leviathan) is a bit high in this patch.

Now, I don't mind story and lore and all that, but are all these fetch quests really the best way to deliver it? Out of the massive quest lineup they introduced, there's only a handful that I didn't find boring. It's a bit painful doing those quests when you aren't even gaining exp or anything.
Old 2014-03-28, 02:01   Link #1555
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Did the the 3 new 4 four man dungeons, Diabolos was an interesting fight, while Brayflox's Longstop (Hard) is freaking bombs on every boss, and the last boss took to that a bit of a crazy level . While Halatali (hard) found the 1st two bosses harder than the last oddly. (Ran all 3 dungeons blind with no info on them)
MAL
Old 2014-03-28, 02:06   Link #1556
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
You cannot do this. Once you mog something it becomes bound to you. Square has done their best to make sure only players with at least one level 50 job can actually make use of the system.
Old 2014-03-28, 02:58   Link #1557
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yea, it seems that was misinformation on my part. Some JP players on my LS and FC talked before the patch that it's possible to sell the glamorized item, so I thought that was confirmed, but it turns out that was speculation.
Old 2014-03-29, 03:50   Link #1558
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You cannot do this. Once you mog something it becomes bound to you. Square has done their best to make sure only players with at least one level 50 job can actually make use of the system.
mog?

So if I made a cashmere robe and use glamour to put that look on my allagan, the cashmere will be bound to me despite me never having used it in combat?
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 04:59   Link #1559
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So anyone else enjoying the nice gil bonus for doing daily roulettes for roles in demand?

Cause 4.5k for them each really adds up in addition to the tomes .
MAL
Old 2014-03-29, 18:06   Link #1560
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
mog?

So if I made a cashmere robe and use glamour to put that look on my allagan, the cashmere will be bound to me despite me never having used it in combat?
Yes. Shitty, but it exists. I really wish they didn't restrict this system so damn much. I should be able to skin any item onto any other item regardless of what its equip requirements are. Squee clearly hates fun.

"Mog" being short for "transmogrification," which was WoW's name for their item reskinning system. Old habits die hard.

Tags
mmorpg