AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 41 39.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 25.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 18.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-07, 09:14   Link #141
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post

How did the voting get to be so that Konata is both 3rd and 9th? Write-in vote? But Happy Happy Joy! Shiraishi won! My vote counted! Yay! Y^_^
Yay!
The person in 9th place is actually Konata's mom, Kanata. I dunno how dead people could participate, but oh well
Old 2007-07-07, 09:15   Link #142
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
That ending was probably the worst anime ED I've ever seen.
Old 2007-07-07, 09:18   Link #143
Hyperius

Send a message via MSN to Hyperius
I thought the episode in all was good, but by no means great. It had it's moments, but I wasn't too impressed. Still had funny moments though.

Did anyone else notice Tsukasa's blank face for like, the first half of the show?

Also, I liked the ED. A lot. It was simply supposed to be a "WTF?" moment. Which worked wonders when watching it at 1 in the morning.

So, I'd give it a 7/10.
Old 2007-07-07, 10:23   Link #144
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
the subs are up, but seems like scary water is down...
Old 2007-07-07, 11:02   Link #145
Fat Cat Lim

Anyone catch what Konata mumbled as Kagami pondered about her future jobs? Looks like a.f.k. couldn't get what she said after the novel writer part.

Thought they could have left the picture of Minoru's dog in the sponsor shoutout at the beginning and end of the episode alone. Thought it was a nice easter egg.
Old 2007-07-07, 12:49   Link #146
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

That ED is...unexpected and freaking epic. It's in a very Asian mode of humor (onscreen text, frequent screen cuts, scene repeats), so I can understand the Westerners finding it fall flat and looking more like an amateur youtube piece. However, that's just how Asians do it. However, even I thought the 2ch was flying off scale. The faces streaming by the Valentine's scene was uncalled for.

I'm sorry, I found Konata sleeping under the kokatsu cuter than her uguu.

Now, now, I know I really laughed at Yugioh, but I never thought they'd sink that low in references. They might as well pull Pokemon somewhere.

I don't think Shirashi actually confessed to the red-haired guy. Shirashi: "This is my first time." Red-haired guy: "The first time's most important." I think the red-haired guy is only helping him prepare for the actual girl.

Questions:
What's with the extreme closeness when the characters board the bus, zooming in on Kagami shuffling into her seat?

I can't believe I fell for that Tsundere scene. TWICE (manga AND anime). Does anybody here get excited when Lucky Star is depicted in a more serious style (like that Tsundere scene and Anime Tencho controlling Konata)? I hope I'm not alone on this.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:23   Link #147
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd say the close up shots give a feel of "reality" to the girls. Not really sensual but just a feeling of reality focusing on small movements.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:39   Link #148
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
miyuki eating rice cakes and them going "unyuuu" (my god hina ) and the random uguu by kona...
One unyuu excites me more than any amount of uguu! Bring in the unyuu and the flower hamburgers, please!

Quote:
Guys may give you chocolate if they want to date you, but you look like jail-bait to the gaijinese so not a single guy will give you candy, save maybe your ESL teacher. And girls don't give candy to everyone like they do in Japan... Japanese girls are way more generous on giving candy to loved ones than the girls here.
Really? I give choco to *all* my friends... Come to think of it, I've never received anything from guy, whether he be a friend or not. Does looking like "jailbait" to guys (my gosh, I really hope you all don't look at a small girl and immediately think "jailbait" about her) make her unattractive?
Old 2007-07-07, 14:02   Link #149
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Personally, I like petite women.

But Konata's not just short, she's also underdeveloped. No breasts, no hips, she looks like she hasn't hit puberty yet. So yeah, she looks more like my ideal daughter than my ideal girlfriend.
Old 2007-07-07, 14:17   Link #150
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
One unyuu excites me more than any amount of uguu! Bring in the unyuu and the flower hamburgers, please!

Really? I give choco to *all* my friends... Come to think of it, I've never received anything from guy, whether he be a friend or not. Does looking like "jailbait" to guys (my gosh, I really hope you all don't look at a small girl and immediately think "jailbait" about her) make her unattractive?
oh yes the unyuu and while they are at it they should be throwing some tearful tantrums as well ~

and it depends on where you are in the world i guess...while here you wouldnt normally give chocolates/candy to anyone for no good reason...the odd time or two it does happen between close friends but people would rather be selfish around here O.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Personally, I like petite women.

But Konata's not just short, she's also underdeveloped. No breasts, no hips, she looks like she hasn't hit puberty yet. So yeah, she looks more like my ideal daughter than my ideal girlfriend.
and what a great daughter that would be :3 how i envy her relationship with her dad ^.^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-07, 15:03   Link #151
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
The person in 9th place is actually Konata's mom, Kanata. I dunno how dead people could participate, but oh well
Ah, it's KANATA... should have read more carefully... Need more sleep...

Quote:
Rissa-chan... it's probably its because you're more Asian than American. I may exaggerate at jailbait part, but none of your average her age gaijin-sans will even think about dating her. Okay maybe a 6 grader. I mean, she looked tiny and young by Japanese standard. Her body hasn't changed since she was 11 or 12. The thing is girls like that are usually, eh, Chiyo-like and cute as a button. Guys here date more for hotness than cuteness in the first place, and Kona-chan is not at all cute. She's a karate-black belt (maybe) who enjoy eroge and cosplay-rape doujin. I'm pretty sure you're nothing like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
That ED is...unexpected and freaking epic. It's in a very Asian mode of humor (onscreen text, frequent screen cuts, scene repeats), so I can understand the Westerners finding it fall flat and looking more like an amateur youtube piece. [...]
the ED is a parody of an Enka Music Video out of all things. Enka MVs are usually made for karaoke only and are often cheaply made with only the singer just standing in some impressive back-drop singing with big emo. Just like Shiraishi. It's not just very Asian, it's very very Japanese, and you have to spend sometime in a karaoke with dudes over 40 to even get this as a Japanese. The flying text is a paody of nicovideo online video site. The users gets to comment on the video ITSELF and design where and when the text pops up. It's mostly very annoying although sometimes funny. Thank goodness you can turn it off.

Quote:
Now, now, I know I really laughed at Yugioh, but I never thought they'd sink that low in references. They might as well pull Pokemon somewhere.
Since they've pulled a Hyakuninsshu reference so obscure you have to be really paying attention in HS Japanese history classes in a Japanese HS to know it, I'd figure they've balanced it out.
Quote:
Questions:
What's with the extreme closeness when the characters board the bus, zooming in on Kagami shuffling into her seat?
I think it's the director trying to practice dramatic camera placement for his live-action movie/dorama career.

Quote:
I can't believe I fell for that Tsundere scene. TWICE (manga AND anime). Does anybody here get excited when Lucky Star is depicted in a more serious style (like that Tsundere scene and Anime Tencho controlling Konata)? I hope I'm not alone on this.
Serious? I won't call it that but I am super excited when these scenes appear. The Tenchou is so full of shonen youthful fire that you just root for him to win (come on Shoujo A, buy something at the poor guy's crappy store!) and Anything with Kagamin blushing is win win win.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-07 at 15:28.
Old 2007-07-07, 15:13   Link #152
nanafan
horo fan

that episode was hilarious. i saw a vid of the ed before i saw ep 13. hilarious..reminds me of the vid where taniguichi invades lucky star. konata imagining kagami giving chocolate to a guy was hilarious.. i don't know if kagami would act like that, she might. tsukasa did have a strange expression for half of the show.
Old 2007-07-07, 16:49   Link #153
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Does looking like "jailbait" to guys (my gosh, I really hope you all don't look at a small girl and immediately think "jailbait" about her) make her unattractive?
No. Well...that's how Westerners think, and I'm not one. Actually, the female adjective "hot" has absolutely no effect on me, and I find that a turnoff (I usually associate "hot" with the word "dirty", and I don't value that). "Cute" or "petite", though...is another story.

Quote:
the ED is a parody of an Enka Music Video out of all things. Enka MVs are usually made for karaoke only and are often cheaply made with only the singer just standing in some impressive back-drop singing with big emo. Just like Shiraishi. It's not just very Asian, it's very very Japanese, and you have to spend sometime in a karaoke with dudes over 40 to even get this as a Japanese. The flying text is a paody of nicovideo online video site. The users gets to comment on the video ITSELF and design where and when the text pops up. It's mostly very annoying although sometimes funny. Thank goodness you can turn it off.
Come to think of it, I've seen those. I thought it's in an Asian mood of humor because of all that onscreen text illustrating/making fun of what the actors might be secretly thinking, arrows making jokes at actors, and repeating the same scene emphasizing physical comedy (falling, getting hit, etc.)...you only see these in Asian game/comedy shows. Western shows tend to keep as little text onscreen as possible.

Quote:
Serious? I won't call it that but I am super excited when these scenes appear. The Tenchou is so full of shonen youthful fire that you just root for him to win (come on Shoujo A, buy something at the poor guy's crappy store!) and Anything with Kagamin blushing is win win win.
Sorry, I was talking about these scenes:
<-- Shojo romance-type scene
<-- Seinen, Horror, Thriller, i.e. Higurashi and Death Note
Old 2007-07-07, 17:11   Link #154
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Come to think of it, I've seen those. I thought it's in an Asian mood of humor because of all that onscreen text illustrating/making fun of what the actors might be secretly thinking, arrows making jokes at actors, and repeating the same scene emphasizing physical comedy (falling, getting hit, etc.)...you only see these in Asian game/comedy shows. Western shows tend to keep as little text onscreen as possible.
Ah, I see. You are right, ever single variety show will have the on screen texts. The Japanese variety shows started this trend now every Taiwanese and Korean shows are using it too. In this particular case, nikoniko is what they're laughing at, and guess what, nicovideo users laughs right back. This is NikoNiko version of the ED - with actual nico video comments flying across the screen:

Quote:
Sorry, I was talking about these scenes:
<-- Shojo romance-type scene
<-- Seinen, Horror, Thriller, i.e. Higurashi and Death Note
Oh THAT serious... sorry I never saw it like that so those moments are just LOL parody gems for me.
Old 2007-07-07, 17:29   Link #155
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

The ED, did the encoder accidently cross the streams and got [Adult Swim] or something?
Old 2007-07-07, 17:51   Link #156
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Late... scarywater was dead, so... were checking on my MSN contacts fi anyone had the torrent

Well then, i tried to not spoil myself, especially that the last week was really overkill.
  • FOOD topic is back ! and this time, it was much more interesting, and catchy.
  • Yu-gi-oh reference caught me offguard. Too bad she wasn't doing some completely nuts move with the card like Kaiba, going completely and stupidely serious with *STEEL HARD and KNIFE SHARP" Blue-Eyes White Dragon card ! (those who have read Battle City arc, Yugi VS jono understand pretty well what i'm saying )
  • Konata speeche about pasta and pizza cracked me up, especially when she was thinking earlier about miyuki "more japanase than me!?". sounds like it isn't that hard, kona-chan
  • Uguu... roflmao When i saw her expression and the wings, i was like "no way?!"... 3 seconds later : she said it !
  • Interesting chat about the "first dream" folklore. I'm still as clueless as konata about this : how it is supposed to be "good" to have dreamed about...a giant rock, a birdie, and a vegetable? ^^"
  • The pace unfortunately slowed down a lot at this point (Yui and the bus) but...
  • Valentine just kick in! Priceless kagamin faces and Tsun MEGA dere. (konata... i would like... more fantasy like this...). Big LOL for the mention of "lolies" being crazily popular in western
  • Anime Tenchou... i can't deny I was hoping for this (not every episode, but well *__* ). Finally more encounter with "Legendary Girl A". The amount of references killed me (sergent gero/Code Geass Diethard, being completely emo and crazy, with Seki, as enraged as usual were priceless). FEINT !! and the "hopeless battle from the very beginning" caught me offguard. "We will be back!" : Any time, sousuke !
  • LC... okay, akira having a drill fetishism... Shiraishi first in the popular contest didn't surprise me at all, and i was really expecting some popularity wars on the go. Too bad, most likely for next week
The first part of LS was extremely fast to me, i enjoyed this pace, and the amount of punchlines going nuts. Kyo-chan had numerous delightful faces, and her Valentine moment was great.
Anime tenchou is just gold... i would like to see him, assaulting kagami, and converting into mad otaku fest, while konata wasn't able to do so. Geass reference finished me off
This episode, much like last week, almost made me laugh as much as a Seto no Hanayome episode... ownage ^^

it lacked something compared to 6,10 and 12, but still, a 10.
Old 2007-07-07, 18:15   Link #157
Dop
Mmmm....

Wawawawasuremono has to be even more bizarre a sequence than the live-action opening titles from Puni Puni Poemy. Although I hope it's a one-off!

I think the 'Uguu' was eclipsed by the 'Megas smoked cheese nyoro', though.
Old 2007-07-07, 19:19   Link #158
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
That ED is...unexpected and freaking epic. It's in a very Asian mode of humor (onscreen text, frequent screen cuts, scene repeats), so I can understand the Westerners finding it fall flat and looking more like an amateur youtube piece. However, that's just how Asians do it. However, even I thought the 2ch was flying off scale. The faces streaming by the Valentine's scene was uncalled for.
I kinda liked it, but I dig that sort of humour. It proves that Asian people understand camp.

As for the rest of this ep, very standard LS ep, ie, hit-and-miss again. I got particular laughs from Konata describing Kagami's routine during her days off that caused her to gain weight. On the flip side, the Anime Tenchou jokes really aren't funny anymore. They're starting to become as annoying and repetitive as Lucky Channel.

Last edited by Sorrow-K; 2007-07-07 at 23:00.
Old 2007-07-07, 22:11   Link #159
bayoab

Quote:
They already did during the festival. Kagami's "getto daze".
Old 2007-07-07, 22:16   Link #160
TurinTurambar200

Quote:
Questions:
Its a reference to Tsukasa and Konata's conversation regarding the cold. The hand its rotating so that both sides face the heater, sitting on them to warm it up, etc.
Closed Thread