AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-01, 16:52   Link #321
X_Danny_X

i forgot the fight that you guys are talking about that Kallen beat Xing-ke? when? if you are talking about the r2 10 episode, which is the only fight i can think off when they fought, Kallen was going to nail him with her wave attack, but he immediately said that he had no choice but too assassinate/kill her, so obvious he had some attack ready but we didnt get to see it since Kallen ran out of energy to do the wave attack.
Old 2008-11-01, 17:02   Link #322
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
i forgot the fight that you guys are talking about that Kallen beat Xing-ke? when? if you are talking about the r2 10 episode, which is the only fight i can think off when they fought, Kallen was going to nail him with her wave attack, but he immediately said that he had no choice but too assassinate/kill her, so obvious he had some attack ready but we didnt get to see it since Kallen ran out of energy to do the wave attack.
she manipulated him into a position where he couldnt run from her anymore
which is the same thing she does to most of the people she kills
there hasnt been a single KMF in the show that could hold out for long against the fukshahado at close range (except the lancelot)
and even then everytime suzaku tried blocking it she ended up pushing him back (and he had shields) and he lost what ever weapon (usually MVS) he was holding at the time
the shen-hu has no shields and has a none MVS sword (and only one functioning harken, since she was holding on to the other one)
teh baryon cannon is also out since he couldnt fire it at that range (it would have killed him as well, if he even hit her)
and since he couldnt run away anymore he wouldnt have lasted long against it at close range (kallen does the same to several people in the anime, and only cornallia survived since kallen was trying to capture her rather then kill her)
the power out saved xing-ke from death
Old 2008-11-01, 17:17   Link #323
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Also if Xingke was so brilliant why doesn't he take Tubeculosis medication?
Actually I'm pretty sure the series hinted that Xingke was more or less ignoring his worsening condition because Tianzi needed him both when the other guys were in power and afterwards to help her with the UN and protect her. So he couldn't take a year or so of sick leave to recover because she'd be stuck without him. After everything was done he might have been able to seek treatment. Or was he confirmed dead? Cause that might be why he's nowhere to be seen in the ending. He's finally able to rest for awhile and get his illness treated now that he knows Tianzi will be alright.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 17:19   Link #324
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the shen-hu is at the nunnaly/ougi meeting (which is live tv)
he's probably alive
Old 2008-11-01, 17:44   Link #325
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
she manipulated him into a position where he couldnt run from her anymore
which is the same thing she does to most of the people she kills
there hasnt been a single KMF in the show that could hold out for long against the fukshahado at close range (except the lancelot)
and even then everytime suzaku tried blocking it she ended up pushing him back (and he had shields) and he lost what ever weapon (usually MVS) he was holding at the time
the shen-hu has no shields and has a none MVS sword (and only one functioning harken, since she was holding on to the other one)
teh baryon cannon is also out since he couldnt fire it at that range (it would have killed him as well, if he even hit her)
and since he couldnt run away anymore he wouldnt have lasted long against it at close range (kallen does the same to several people in the anime, and only cornallia survived since kallen was trying to capture her rather then kill her)
the power out saved xing-ke from death
that is all speculation though, he might have had something that we havent seen. he would not have said anything of that sort that he had to kill her. so surely he had to have some move to counter an encounter like this that put him at a disadvantage.

anyway we didnt get to see it, so it is pointless to argue over it.

Quote:
the shen-hu is at the nunnaly/ougi meeting (which is live tv)
he's probably alive
there was a special Official R2 Guidebook that came out in October 24, it listed the characters death, how they were killed , and when they died. Xing-Li was one of them, so he is dead. He is killed offscreen to put it bluntly.

i dont know if this is the page from it, but it has some characters names and how they died. Xing-Li is not listed here since Lelouch is the last one. But again, people confirmed that have the booklet said that his name was mentioned on it. so again, the dude is dead.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-11-01 at 18:12.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 17:54   Link #326
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
that is all speculation though, he might have had something that we havent seen. he would not have said anything of that sort that he had to kill her. so surely he had to have some move to counter an encounter like this that put him at a disadvantage.

anyway we didnt get to see it, so it is pointless to argue over it.
you asked what we were talking about
i answered
no argument

P.S
he was already trying to kill her before he realized what she had done (the electric corrent that makes KMF's explode was on the wire when she blocked it with the shield)
Old 2008-11-01, 19:19   Link #327
X_Danny_X

Quote:
you asked what we were talking about
i answered
no argument

P.S
he was already trying to kill her before he realized what she had done (the electric corrent that makes KMF's explode was on the wire when she blocked it with the shield)
that was a little shock though, there is no way that little shock would of destroyed the Guren. anyway, he said that he had no choice to kill her after that, and Kallen responded with "lets see if you can"...so obviously he was trying to disable her and not kill her with that electric current.

anyway, as for Xing-Li, he is officially dead because of that Guide Book released on October 24.
Old 2008-11-01, 19:28   Link #328
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
that was a little shock though, there is no way that little shock would of destroyed the Guren. anyway, he said that he had no choice to kill her after that, and Kallen responded with "lets see if you can"...so obviously he was trying to disable her and not kill her with that electric current.
That "little shock" destroyed three Knightmares before hers, two at the same time no less. She'd have been no different were it not for the shield.
Old 2008-11-01, 19:37   Link #329
Charred Knight

Quote:

anyway, as for Xing-Li, he is officially dead because of that Guide Book released on October 24.
What the hell was the point of the ambiguous ending then? God damn it Okouchi stop writing stupid things like Xingke dies offscreen
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 19:42   Link #330
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
That "little shock" destroyed three Knightmares before hers, two at the same time no less. She'd have been no different were it not for the shield.
well i mean this is the guren, the other knightmares were just fodder for the introduction of xing li/Shen Shu, i doubt it would of destroyed a powerful machine like the Guren and where a main character is present. also that Xing-Li said that he had no choice but to kill her after it, so I doubt that Xing-Li thought the electric current would have had enough juice to make the Guren blow up, otherwise he would not have said that he no choice to but to kill her afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
What the hell was the point of the ambiguous ending then? God damn it Okouchi stop writing stupid things like Xingke dies offscreen

Sunrise could bring him back, who knows. they said only's Lelouch story is over. not the other characters. but until further notice, the dude's dead
Old 2008-11-01, 20:11   Link #331
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
well i mean this is the guren, the other knightmares were just fodder for the introduction of xing li/Shen Shu, i doubt it would of destroyed a powerful machine like the Guren and where a main character is present. also that Xing-Li said that he had no choice but to kill her after it, so I doubt that Xing-Li thought the electric current would have had enough juice to make the Guren blow up, otherwise he would not have said that he no choice to but to kill her afterwards.
Character shields do not equate to better specs. It would have blown her up, which is why he says the fight is decided. Only after she forces him into close range does he confirm it. It's arrogance.
Old 2008-11-01, 20:16   Link #332
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Character shields do not equate to better specs. It would have blown her up, which is why he says the fight is decided. Only after she forces him into close range does he confirm it. It's arrogance.
there is no way of knowing since it didnt connect. it dont believe for a second the CG Staff would of make the Guren blow up.

i dont consider it arrogance. he had some move, we just didnt get to see it. anyway, since it didnt happen and Kallen got defeated, it is pointless to argue over it.
Old 2008-11-01, 20:20   Link #333
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
there is no way of knowing since it didnt connect. it dont believe for a second the CG Staff would of make the Guren blow up.
Which is why she blocked it instead of getting hit.

Quote:
i dont consider it arrogance. he had some move, we just didnt get to see it. anyway, since it didnt happen and Kallen got defeated, it is pointless to argue over it.
If he had some sort of move he wouldn't be talking about it. It was the end-game, and Kallen would have fired him were it not for the power failure.
Old 2008-11-01, 20:25   Link #334
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Which is why she blocked it instead of getting hit.
you block attacks unconditionally since by default it will cause damage to the mecha. anyway that was not my point. we dont know if it would of blow up since it didnt landed. most likely it would of shut down the guren and make it lose a body part imo.

Quote:
If he had some sort of move he wouldn't be talking about it. It was the end-game, and Kallen would have fired him were it not for the power failure.
you are reading to much into it, you are just speculating that it would of. in reality we dont know
Old 2008-11-01, 20:27   Link #335
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
you block attacks unconditionally since by default it will cause damage to the mecha. anyway that was not my point. we dont know if it would of blow up since it didnt landed. most likely it would of shut down the guren and make it lose a body part imo.
No basis in reality for that. Fact is, the shock blows Knightmares up. The Guren isn't that different from an Akatsuki, it just has better weapons and defenses.

Quote:
you are reading to much into it, you are just speculating that it would of. we dont know.
By the same token you're assuming that he must only have been trying to disable her at that point when the attacks used are clearly ones intended to kill.
Old 2008-11-01, 20:54   Link #336
X_Danny_X

Quote:
No basis in reality for that. Fact is, the shock blows Knightmares up. The Guren isn't that different from an Akatsuki, it just has better weapons and defenses.
exactly, its defenses and higer specs might of been enough for the guren not to blow up. and so again, i will repeat myself to you. we dont know since it didnt land.

Quote:
By the same token you're assuming that he must only have been trying to disable her at that point when the attacks used are clearly ones intended to kill.
yeah, but at least have a fact that he said that he had no choice but to kill her afterwards and that Kallen said she would like to see him try it, which is evidence and helps points to that he wasnt trying to outright kill her at all cost before that (even though it doesnt conclude that he was trying disable her 100%) and that he might of have some move afterwards to counter it. also Kallen ended up as a hostage, Xing-Li could of tried to finish her off afterwards when she was captured and wrapped up, he could of shocked her with the electric current over and over again and certainly destroy and kill her but he didnt.

you only havet that he was arrogant which ofcourse you have no facts from that exact point and time in battle pointing towards that.

in the end again, since it didnt happen we just dont know. what we do know is that Kallen ended up defeated and taken hostage.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2008-11-05 at 19:16.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 14:20   Link #337
EromCX
Banned

Its strange its like this series was a mixture of elfen lied and gundam, adding stupid robots to stupid lame blood action. In resume i would rate it -10
EromCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 14:53   Link #338
NyxOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by clades View Post
Its strange its like this series was a mixture of elfen lied and gundam, adding stupid robots to stupid lame blood action. In resume i would rate it -10
...What...what?

How in the hell are Code Geass and Elfen Leid, a story about how girls that are practical monsters live their lives and how they're hunted down or used, filled with violence, alike, in any fucking way?

And, what, you would prefer a series with no mecha? No action? No chances for pilots to prove themselves?

You must watch boring shit is all I can say.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 16:45   Link #339
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clades View Post
Elfen Lied was based on a tortured girl who had the instinctive urge to murder everything in her way as bloody and horribly as possible. Elfen Lied is nothing like Code Geass. if you watch stuff just for the blood and action, Code Geass isn't really up your alley. Something like Hellsing would work out fine.
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:44   Link #340
EromCX
Banned

Lol, i dont like code geass because of the blood or the action, i only like decent stuff and geass is far from decent, i like robots but they can't be stupid blocky pieces of iron that wander around.
Geass sucks for me for the same reason elfen lied and gundam suck in their "particular points", iam not saying code geass is like gundam or elfen lied but that got their flaws.
EromCX is offline   Reply With Quote