AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 10:51   Link #41
Tai223236

...Yeah, I'll have faith this is translated sometime. : )
Tai223236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 01:26   Link #42
Tai223236

Oh, n/m what I said! Critter-Subs is actually releasing translated episodes after all, but you need VLC Media Player or it won't show the subtitles. And, the torrents seem to only have Tinkle. I found the first episode of the first season, but it was kind of difficult to find and the others aren't coming any easier..
Old 2010-04-26, 02:08   Link #43
Irisiel

Critter-Subs have done up to episode 3 of Tinkle, and I can watch them all on a Windows 7 machine with Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic with Shark007 codec installed.

Anyway, episode 4 was so cute! It's one of the extremely few ways that I can tolerate jealousy-based plots. And we gets to see some other students as well!
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 02:17   Link #44
Tai223236

Well, maybe it's cause I only have Vista. Who knows...

I'd still like to see Critter sub the rest of the first season at SOME POINT...how do I contact these guys, anyway? There's virtually no contact information about them.
Old 2010-04-26, 22:49   Link #45
Tai223236

Well, I got the Shark007 codec, and I can see the Subs with Windows Media Player. Thankies. : ))

I still would request the first season to be subbed, though..
Old 2010-05-02, 18:48   Link #46
Tai223236

Episode 4 of Tinkle has been released. I guess Critter-Subs are doing this by the week, huh?

...That means they'll take a whole year to sub the second season! D:
Old 2010-05-09, 01:45   Link #47
Tai223236

It may do me little good to post here to have this question answered since this thread apparently seems abandoned, but I can't use torrents on college, so is there a DDL site I can use to get the next few episodes of Twinkle?
Old 2010-05-09, 11:01   Link #48
FireChick

Ummm...I saw episode 2 (and loved it) but I have a question about Peridot, that doggy with the fluffy green ears: is she really voiced by Kaida Yuki? I love that seiyuu to death, but Peridot's voice DOES NOT sound like her at all!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 13:48   Link #49
Irisiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Ummm...I saw episode 2 (and loved it) but I have a question about Peridot, that doggy with the fluffy green ears: is she really voiced by Kaida Yuki? I love that seiyuu to death, but Peridot's voice DOES NOT sound like her at all!
I think so, considering that she's credited as Peridot in the first series and they sound the same. Maybe she's using a high and breathy type of voice rather than her usual one?

She also did Nanase in the first series, who sounds more like the characters I'm used to hearing from her.

Or maybe all the seiyuu have to breathe helium in order to do the Jewelpets?

By the way, Dian still hasn't spoken any as of episode 6. Maybe FukuJun is too busy? Or is this version of Dian mute? Anyway, best scene in episode 6 (which had many, many great scenes):

BGM: Dun...dun...dundundundundun...
Akari: What's with the music?
Jaws: *Appears!*
Everyone: *PANICS!*

Godzilla (though, like Jaws, never really named) and the rope bridge were also nice touches. Though I'm a little concerned that the principal is a furry pervert with a karaoke and collector's item obsession.

On thing I love with this series that even though Leon is supposed to be the cool knight type, the creators aren't above putting him in silly situations and have the silliness affect him (yes, he screams in horror with the rest of them). Compare that to many other shoujo series in which the "knight" character is unblemished cool and collected (except for anger, but even then, the anger isn't disgraceful) until the very end.

They did the same thing with Dian/Andi in the first series, as they kept in mind that even though Andi looked the part of a dark and handsome prince, he's still just Dian beneath the surface.
Old 2010-12-01, 07:01   Link #50
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

This show sounds really dirty.
Or maybe it's just me.
Old 2011-04-10, 18:29   Link #51
Irisiel

Oh dear... If original Jewel Pet was the creators finding their footing, and Tinkle where they perfect the generic fluffy Mahou Shoujo, then Sunshine is where they start to experiment.

Kanon is THAT girl, you know, the pretty, poised and popular girl who tries to hard to be better than everyone else (usually the antagonist to the heroine, you know, Kurumi to Sawako like, except with less deception).

The love interest seems to be at least somewhat genre savvy. (and WTF on Ruby getting a hole in her chest)

Ruby is between her Classic and Tinkle personalities.

There's a random goat in the back of the classroom, a random robot at a desk and a random alligator, plus the teacher is a Maito Gai-wannabe pink dolphin Otaku-Something.

There's not enough WTF in the world for this! Genre should be What The Fluffers?! or something like it.

Animation is not totally horrible either, so I'll be watching this for my fluffy fix. Though I expect there to be QUALITY moments.
Old 2011-04-18, 07:19   Link #52
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

First episode of Jewelpet Sunshine is out.

P.S: can Sunshine be watched without watching the previous series?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 10:15   Link #53
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
First episode of Jewelpet Sunshine is out.

P.S: can Sunshine be watched without watching the previous series?
As far as I can tell, the answer would be yes. It would seem that each series is essentially a separate universe. Although some elements are shared like err Ruby being the main Jewel Pet. While others like the main female get changed.

Would be nice if both Original and Tinkle got finished in terms of their translation. Although Tinkle is much closer.

Which is also part of the reason for "As far as I can tell". Lack of Japanese understanding and the fact Sunshine has only aired two episodes. However I'm pretty sure they're separate.
Old 2011-04-18, 10:23   Link #54
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
As far as I can tell, the answer would be yes. It would seem that each series is essentially a separate universe. Although some elements are shared like err Ruby being the main Jewel Pet. While others like the main female get changed.

Would be nice if both Original and Tinkle got finished in terms of their translation. Although Tinkle is much closer.

Which is also part of the reason for "As far as I can tell". Lack of Japanese understanding and the fact Sunshine has only aired two episodes. However I'm pretty sure they're separate.
Ok, I will try to watch the first episode of Sunshine, thanks.
Sadly the subs for the full first and second seasons aren't available, so it's not that I have my choice anyway.

Old 2011-04-18, 11:41   Link #55
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Ok, I will try to watch the first episode of Sunshine, thanks.
Sadly the subs for the full first and second seasons aren't available, so it's not that I have my choice anyway.
Not sure if it's the same version you plan to watch, but I tried to watch an episode by Oni-B and it was blatant that they were troll subs.
Old 2011-04-18, 15:58   Link #56
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Not sure if it's the same version you plan to watch, but I tried to watch an episode by Oni-B and it was blatant that they were troll subs.
Oh. I guess this means that I will have to wait for decent subs.

Old 2011-10-26, 12:34   Link #57
tyciol
*Artist

I read that this series replaced the "Onegai My Melody" series' timeslot so I am going to watch it soon. I see 2/52 eps by SFW for season 1 and Critter has done 50/52 for season 2 (twinkle) which shares this thread, kinda confusing... well, there are groups doing Ashita no Joe 2 even though the first isn't done so I guess it's not that weird.

Even if the 2nd is better (and I may like it more) the obsession with chronology (no matter how little it may mean in certain episodic anime) means I gotta wait I guess

Do you guys think Critter will collect a batch .tor after the last 2? Makes me wonder if they'd move on to Sunshine, or go back and do 1st, or abandon series, hm.

Edit: actually when I was checking Nyaa, it looks like they did finish the series, it's just only listed up to 50 on animesuki.
51: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=250584
52: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=251067

No batches visible yet.

Also we don't have a tracker for it but it looks like Ayako has picked up the 3rd Sunshine season: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=248486 and have done up to ep 4 so far: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=251574

Also it appears Stardust may have picked up the initial series: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=254905 perhaps unsatisfied or unaware of SFW doing the first 2, not sure.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:11   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It probably isn't know and not many people watch it and it might not be subbed, but Jewelpet Sunshine is so entertaining.
Very!

And on top of it, the heroine/protagonist is one of the best I've ever seen.
No sarcasm!

More people should watch it.

...Just that this definitely is not for young girls... Unless it wanted to traumatize them.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 02:03   Link #59
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Sunshine is definitely a fun series overall. Speaking of fun, I think part of the appeal of Jewelpet for me is how they changed things up each time. Sure, some things are universal such as Ruby being the main Jewelpet.

However you have things like Rinko vs Akari vs Kanon. With all three of them being rather different from each other. Plus, the "premise" of each series is a bit different too.

I've watched all of Original, Tinkle, and have watched 12+ of Sunshine. I definitely plan to finish it. I'm also tempted to re-watch Original. Just kind of wish it was subbed more. Ah, well.
Old 2012-02-18, 04:43   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Sunshine ep46:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote