AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-08-14, 03:27   Link #41
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
It's more of a fear of having to catch up later on and having a backlog than the actual lack of anime.
Yup. I'm lacking broadband at this precise moment, have been for a couple of months now. You just wouldn't believe how many episodes I've got to catch up on when I get my new connection. And if that weren't bad enough, one of the best series I've been watching has been licensed (Utawarerumono).
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 04:06   Link #42
Anime Online

It is true that if you take away anime, someone who had been taking heavy doses of it will suddenly have lots of free time to do other things. Then again, this does not address the problem: people will simply turn to something else to fill their emptiness. Back to square 1.

Anime addiction isn't all that bad really, compared to MMoRPG addiction for example.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 05:04   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Illuminati
» It's like in Pokemon, I gotta download/seed em all.
lol... (rep++)
@ Anime Online
» Anime addiction isn't all that bad really, compared to MMoRPG addiction for example.
MMoRPG addiction... hmm... yeah that sounds bad...
*thinks of WoW*

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
When I'm not stressed with anything I don't really feel like watching anime...
As for downloading them... I don't think its such a big deal... I keep track... but that's mostly because I visit AS front page before I visit the forums... so if I see something I can't resist to click it... its like a little treasure... well it's not like treasure hunting is that bad... it doesn't make you an addict IMO...

If I were to stop all anime related activities and have no major responsibilities I would probably just play more tennis... or read some books... or if it was computer related... probably just make something or play some strategy game (if they start making good gameplay oriented ones again that is) or just browse the net for sites (no particular objective... just bash search engines until I find something that looks interesting or has something interesting to read)
Old 2006-08-14, 11:22   Link #44
myopius

Cool

For me, anime allows me to experience themes that other forms of entertainment don't have, or don't do well. The themes involved in Death Note or Fruits Basket are so much more deep and well-orchestrated than anything else I've experienced.

When I don't watch anime for a while, such as when I went on a two-week vacation, I don't tend to miss anime, but instead I start to feel the urge to write, or express myself in some other way.

In a way, I suppose anime is negative in that it's a regular dose which satisfies my desire to consume certain ideas and so staves off my writing, which is something about which I've had a block for a couple years (probably since around the time I started to attend my high school's anime club regularly).

Edit: However, I can't fairly say that my writing has been halted just by that. It's been a combination of factors. Much more significant is the relationship between my dreams and my writing.
Old 2006-08-14, 14:57   Link #45
Senshi2k6
=D I love Smilies (@_+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL
I read manga, or play a videogame that just so happens to have anime characters in it, or go shopping for character goods.

So you see I can go for two weeks without watching anime, but two weeks without doing anything anime related? No.

same here. Without anime - definitely, without anything anime related - never. At least not by my own willpower. Trust me i've tried . But when i'm forcred to go without it like if I travel or my internet is down it's actually pretty easy - unless I have nothing to do, then it could drive me insane.

Oddly enough though the thing I am addicted to the most are anime music videos. I think as far as those are concerned its a genuine addiction. I think i've actually had withdrawal symptoms.
Senshi2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 09:28   Link #46
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
World of Warcraft.
Old 2006-09-07, 12:27   Link #47
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
If I weren't watching anime I'd be reading. If I weren't reading I'd be playing computer games. I'm addicted to escapist entertainment, and anime just seems to be the most stimulating one.
so true! i'm addicted to escapist entertainment as well... especially under stress or bored but at the same time i don't want to be bothered. but during the start of the semester, my attention usually goes to european and independent cinema. right now, i can watch anime 24/7 because i have japanese channels and v. fast internet connection. but it's only for this year, next month will be back to normal... ( i mean, my normal lifestyle )

not watching anime for weeks is not difficult. it only becomes a challenge when you have nothing else to do (on a dreamless insomiac night and all of your friends are abroad...)
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 12:46   Link #48
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Well now that CN doesn't have anything worth watching I could go a few weaks without watching anime. Right now the only anime that I watch is Gundam, Naruto and reruns of shows I have already seen. So going A few weaks without Anime is something I can do. When I was younger and stuff Like DBZ and Gundam Wing was on there was no way I would be able to do this. Hell, I would cry if I missed one episode...lol A weak would be impposible for me back then. Most of the anime I watch now I gotta download and I sometimes get a bit lazy when it comes to using that Bittorrent. Another thing is that I really hate subs and I would rather watch the american dub...Because of the dowloading and subs I don't enjoy Anime as mutch as I use to.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 13:02   Link #49
Clarste
Human

Here are my free time priorities:

1. Video Games
2. Anime/Reading Message Boards (tied)
3. Sleep

In the absence of new video games, which is most of the time, I will watch anime or read message boards. When I run out of things to watch and the boards start moving too slowly, I will sleep.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 13:03   Link #50
Major
Shana's lover

thats what i do as well is just use bittorrent until i can get it on dvd
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 13:03   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeval
World of Warcraft.
hey i play world of warcraft and have no problem stopping...or give it the cold feet especially with the school season starting an all (or it could be because i dnt have the energy after the long school day is over)
trying to balance my 2 fav things is hard tho but atm its anime > WoW

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 13:28   Link #52
Shounen
Away for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Anime addiction isn't all that bad really, compared to MMoRPG addiction for example.
bingo! i was one before but mmorpg is far more time craving than anime .. couldent handle it.

As for what I can say, I usally catch up with animes that i have missed.
Naruto last episode i saw? probly "that" episode were Naruto and Sasuke were fighting eachother. Still I "download" the episodes (the newest ones), but i dont watch em, cuz of the fillers (well known) so half a year without naruto.
And the rest of the anime world?
I usally download something direct say 26 episodes of that or this serie (and watch it straight off),
last one must have been Da Capo Second Story...that one ended, and i got depressed...damm i hate endings :'( I usally played video games while waiting for episodes to come out...But when did i last play a video game?
Must've been 2 years ago..when i was hardcore playing Dead or Alive 3.
But now i dont even touch games at all

When i see that something new's out i usally watch the OP/ED part's first search up the artist. listen to her/him a couple of thusand of times, then i repeat the first step again so i kinda watch anime every 1-2 months going..
When love hina came out...must've been 2000? I watched anime 24/7 like other have mentioned before. now it's a more shallow memory of those days back then. Before Anime...mm that was probly SEGA master system
but hey i dident even know what anime/manga was back then ;D

So right now ive stayed off anime for the last 3 months doing nothing releated to anime at all. So untill i find a good anime again i'll stay cool.
Though i listen to most singles made for those animes (OP/ED's) that are out. Once you remember the names on those artists it becomes pretty easy (atleast for me) to know that "hey this OP for this anime is damn good, so probably the anime is too, better go watch it then"

I dident even watch/know about' Gundam SEED Destiny at all, untill i heard Ignited and PRIDE by T.M.Revolution/HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR.
Still.. i got a long way to become an otaku, in my case its not something that i wanna be, or something that i could feel proud to be, were's the gloory in that? ;D

Life goes on..
And so does anime..
There are good times and bad times..

P.S: I hate/dont watch fillers/re caps

update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
@ Illuminati
» It's like in Pokemon, I gotta download/seed em all.
lol you got me there
Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 18:25   Link #53
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I can live without anime. Even without anime, there's still lots to do over the net. From forums to the crusade against spyware, there's plenty of things to do and plenty more to discover.

What I can't live without, though, is the internet. With most of my friends scattered to the four corners of the world, this is the cheapest medium of communication that I can use to contact them. It's my source of information, from the local weather to the news. I simply don't watch TV anymore, as the net has become its replacement as well. I can't live without such convenience at the tip of my fingtertips; it would be too hard to readjust without it. ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 23:26   Link #54
Nork22

Easy enough. I've got my video games to play (and finish eventually).
Old 2006-09-08, 12:20   Link #55
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
If I weren't watching anime I'd be reading. If I weren't reading I'd be playing computer games. I'm addicted to escapist entertainment, and anime just seems to be the most stimulating one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsdhaleine
not watching anime for weeks is not difficult. it only becomes a challenge when you have nothing else to do (on a dreamless insomiac night and all of your friends are abroad...)
These two posts pretty much sum up what I'm like. In a way, it reminds me quite a bit of life by Suzumiya Haruhi's standards: "The world is boring, so we have to overload it with fun by finding aliens, time travelers and espers." In my case, the "finding aliens, time travelers, and espers" is indulging in fantasies of all sorts through anime, reading, computer games, TV, movies, sports. So if it's not anime, it'd be one of the others I would be spending time on. Like jedinat and others, I just find anime the most captivating and satisfying form of entertainment.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 09:50   Link #56
Lotiman

Woah! I can't imagine life without anime. I tried to minimise my time on anime by buying a PS2. But at the end I still continue with anime and letting my PS2 to dust.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 10:20   Link #57
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Actually, I had to live without anime for almost 2 months. Mainly because I was suspended from university, I couldn't access the university internet over the summer holidays, so there goes my main source of anime downloads. And my home internet was dial-up back then. Plus buying anime is difficult, due to both a lack of funds, and parents who are very critical of what I spend my money on.

To me, anime is primarily just a source of entertaiment. So to fill the void over the holidays (while I waited to see how the appeal against my suspension goes), I went to the library to read books, I think I read the entire Earth's Children series at least twice. I watched TV, watched my pet birds, played computer games. I also did a bit of manga translating, and some work on my websites.

My life without anime ended when my dad got a cable Internet connection. I wasn't allowed to download when the speed was fast, but after the bandwidth was used up, it's unlimited slow speeds. And unlike dial-up, it doesn't disconnect after five hours. So I slowly began to download by leaving the net on overnight.

What I missed most was Shuffle and Blood+, when I lost access to anime, I was in the middle of those series, and by the time I had access again, I was several episodes behind in Blood, and Shuffle ended at ep 24.

Anyway, I could live without anime (especially if I'm finished with whatever series I'm watching at the moment). There's so many other things I could do. Before I was an anime fan, I loved reading, drawing, playing the keyboard, etc.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 15:58   Link #58
Setox

going a couple of weeks is easy. Though for me it would be hard resistig to watch new naruto anime ep and new manga chapter.
Setox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:15   Link #59
DarthNicolas
Proud Horo-ist

Ain't that hard...
Always depends on ur free time...
If u got all day u can watch at least an episode or two once in a while...
My record is: 1 month with only 3 episodes of bleach ^^
And I didn't miss 'em one bit;only reason I started to watch some again is cuz I was pressured by friends(damned School Days T_T)
DarthNicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:20   Link #60
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

O.k I Was Going On Vacation For 4 Days...Missed 12 Ep ..
Well I Watch Many Animes ..