AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-01, 09:52   Link #301
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the shen-hu had much more potential that xing-ke just couldnt make use of
he was fighting the guren (kasoshki) and tristain using 40% power and they both out manuvered him
and bismark went even farther if kicking his ass (despite not using his geass)
but if he could use it at its full potential he might have had a better chance at winning
the lancelot (original) was more powerfull then any other machine in its time, but only when matched with a pilot that could use it effectivelly (other pilots could bearly make it move)
gillford could match toudo's costume gekka (which for all intent and purpose, was a zangetsu without a float unit) while using a glosster (season 1 ep 25)
this despite toudo matching him using his burai kai in ep 11
a machines strangth is only as such as the pilot could make use of and in that regard xing-ke is not on the same level as suzaku and kallen
both were hampered by the limit of their machine potential until being given the newer 9th gens (as evident by their ability to use them effectivelly)
once given the 9th gen the machine potential stopped to matter as both were now limited by their own skill level rather then the limit of what the machine could do)
xing-ke on the other hand was given an 8th gen KMF (possibley the strongest 8th gen but still only 8th) and wasnt able to use its specs to its full potential
he was matched evenly against toudo
pushed back by the tristain and manuvered into a death trap by the guren
and all and all trashed by the galahad
its not likely he would have done better in a 9th gen since he couldnt even make full use of his corrent machine
Old 2008-11-01, 10:11   Link #302
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Also claiming that Xingke had an inferior machine is the kind of talk losers make. Any Ace Pilot worth anything knows that its the pilot that makes the mecha, and not the mecha that makes the pilot. Xingke simply can't hold a candle to Suzaku, or Kallen.

Your even making crappy excuses like how the Albion was Uber/HAX when the Albion has nothing on Turn A Gundam, Devil Gundam, anything from G Gundam, anything from Wing Gundam, it couldn't even use flash step, I could understand if Suzaku was withstanding 200 Gs and using Shunpo while blowing up thousands of mechas but he wasn't.
Your Gundam comparisons are completely worthless. The fact is the Albion and Guren are freaking untouchable in their final forms. You're just trying to make Xingke out as worse than he is by ignoring the obvious.
Old 2008-11-01, 10:31   Link #303
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

he's not useless (or even anything BUT and ace pilot on the same level as toudo and the rounds)
but he's not on the same level as suzaku or kallen
the more powerfull machine would only make an impact when the pilot would be skilled enough to use it
the battle between the SEITEN and the conquesta was a good example of what the difference in machine potential could do
but since the shen-hu is much stronger then the guren (kasoshiki) since it could match it at 40% power
then had xing-ke been a better pilot he should have had an easy victory (since he could use the machine potential to a better level)
instead he almost lost the fight (the power failure saved him) and in the next ep he couldnt even beat gino (or toudo)
this is a case of pilot limit rather then machine limit
he wouldnt have done much better in a 9th gen (if he was even able to pilot it that is)
Old 2008-11-01, 11:32   Link #304
X_Danny_X

the thing is though that Xing-ke was sick. he couldnt be at his best. i consider it a plot hole that this guy was consider a genius and then lose and be happer by his sickness.

i sometimes wonder if the Xing-ke would of been untouchable if it was the one to be upgraded.

so much room

there should be a thread on ranking the pilots and also if the all the mechas each got upgraded to a 9th generation form, who would be the best machine.
Old 2008-11-01, 11:33   Link #305
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The 40% power refers to the Baryon cannon, not the actual machine as I recall. Plus, the ability to pilot a 9th generation frame is not a matter of skill but physical endurance. Even if he couldn't pilot it, that doesn't change the fact that his skill is on their level.
Old 2008-11-01, 11:55   Link #306
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

are you sure about the cannon
he seemed to have only used it once (against the gurens fukshado) since he seems impressed by it then
and he never the less was matched by both gino and toudo
the 9th gens (or at least the albion) didnt seem all that more powerfull
just much faster
suzkau and xing-ke were exchanging blows more or less on even ground until suzkau used the speed to get around him and chop the arm off

aside from the energy wings how much more powerfull could the albion be
it has better shields and energy wings (with luminus shards shooters, but without the guren's wings ability to slice things in half with them)
it has better varis but thats not really a matter of the albion itself (it just carries them)
it has four harkens with boosters (same as the old)
has 2 MVS (same as old)
it doesnt seem more powerfull by much
just faster with better shields (and the luminus shards)
Old 2008-11-01, 12:02   Link #307
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
are you sure about the cannon
he seemed to have only used it once (against the gurens fukshado) since he seems impressed by it then
and he never the less was matched by both gino and toudo
The cannon is what initially wasted the Akatsuki units, which is what he was commenting on. That he was matched by Tohdoh and Gino is of little consequence. Both of them could match Suzaku if they needed to. Tohdoh even outmaneuvered Suzaku.

Quote:
the 9th gens (or at least the albion) didnt seem all that more powerfull
just much faster
suzkau and xing-ke were exchanging blows more or less on even ground until suzkau used the speed to get around him and chop the arm off
Suzaku's swords were able to cut through Excalibur, twice no less. Xingke's sword would have broken eventually. Also, speed is a very big part of battle.

Quote:
aside from the energy wings how much more powerfull could the albion be
it has better shields and energy wings (with luminus shards shooters, but without the guren's wings ability to slice things in half with them)
it has better varis but thats not really a matter of the albion itself (it just carries them)
it has four harkens with boosters (same as the old)
has 2 MVS (same as old)
it doesnt seem more powerfull by much
just faster with better shields (and the luminus shards)
That alone is what makes it so much more powerful. You can't kill what you can't hit. It's like pitting a Harrier against a WWII-era fighter. The outcome is clear.
Old 2008-11-01, 12:05   Link #308
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

BTW while on the subject of 9th gens
i think i found one thing that might indicate why kallen says the guren should have higher specs
after she and suzaku start fighting without the arm or shield suzaku drives up the platform with kallen chasing him
when suzaku reaches the top kallen actually jumps over him and does a flip
it might mean that the guren is faster (since it was traveling faster in order to jump that high) while on foot
that might be what she ment when she said it had better specs (since at that point there was nothing else left)
Old 2008-11-01, 14:56   Link #309
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The 40% power refers to the Baryon cannon, not the actual machine as I recall. Plus, the ability to pilot a 9th generation frame is not a matter of skill but physical endurance. Even if he couldn't pilot it, that doesn't change the fact that his skill is on their level.
If he can't pilot it than his skill level is not on their level, its kind of hard to be on the same skill level as two people when you can't even pilot their giant robot.

If you have to make up idiotic ideas like the third person who is actually equal to Suzaku, and Kallen is somehow unable to pilot their giant robots theirfore his robot is never upgraded, than you kind of just messed up.

As for claiming that Xingke would be able to pilot the Albion if he didn't have the coughing blood illness, thats like claiming that Nunnaly is Lebron James equal if not for the whole she's crippled business.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 15:20   Link #310
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
If he can't pilot it than his skill level is not on their level, its kind of hard to be on the same skill level as two people when you can't even pilot their giant robot.

If you have to make up idiotic ideas like the third person who is actually equal to Suzaku, and Kallen is somehow unable to pilot their giant robots theirfore his robot is never upgraded, than you kind of just messed up.

As for claiming that Xingke would be able to pilot the Albion if he didn't have the coughing blood illness, thats like claiming that Nunnaly is Lebron James equal if not for the whole she's crippled business.
I didn't say he could pilot the Albion. I only reasoned that piloting it is a matter of physical endurance. Suzaku and Kallen have it, he probably doesn't, not that he would ever get the chance. It doesn't change the fact that he is still just as good a pilot as they are. They only get their boost because they have machines no one else does. You confuse skill for toys.
Old 2008-11-01, 15:31   Link #311
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
I didn't say he could pilot the Albion. I only reasoned that piloting it is a matter of physical endurance. Suzaku and Kallen have it, he probably doesn't, not that he would ever get the chance. It doesn't change the fact that he is still just as good a pilot as they are. They only get their boost because they have machines no one else does. You confuse skill for toys.
but he couldnt beat toudo or gino
and the powerout saved him from kallen (nothing holds for long against the radiation arm, and the shen-hu has no shields)
he may be an ace pilot
but not on their level
Old 2008-11-01, 15:33   Link #312
Charred Knight

Quote:
If he doesn't have the phsyical endurance his not exactly on their skill level.

The best example I am talking about is G Gundam where the Shuffle Alliance are shown to be on the same skill level by almost defeating Domon Kasshu in his God Gundam even though their Gundams are much weaker.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 15:35   Link #313
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
but he couldnt beat toudo or gino
and the powerout saved him from kallen (nothing holds for long against the radiation arm, and the shen-hu has no shields)
he may be an ace pilot
but not on their level
He wasn't aiming to beat Tohdoh, and he certainly didn't lose to him. He was distracted by Tianzi, at which point Gino got him. Kallen is only one who fairly beat him, or rather would have. To say he is worse than all three is misleading. He just doesn't get the chance to perform.
Old 2008-11-01, 15:40   Link #314
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
He wasn't aiming to beat Tohdoh, and he certainly didn't lose to him. He was distracted by Tianzi, at which point Gino got him. Kallen is only one who fairly beat him, or rather would have. To say he is worse than all three is misleading. He just doesn't get the chance to perform.
his skill level didnt let him use the shen-hu to its max abilities (not such an insult as from rakshata's words, its amazing he can use it at all)
he's not a bad pilot (in any way)
but the skill difference between him and suzkau and kallen is bigger then you give it credit
suzaku could use the albion becouse it was costume built for him
kallen could (my theory) pilot the SEITEN when no one else could becouse she spent so long behind the control of the guren so far that she only had to get used to the newer systems rather then learn how to fly from scrach
xing-ke had the strongest 8th gen and just couldnt use it to the max
so giving him a 9th gen (who requires even more skill to pilot properly) wouldnt have made all that big of a differnce IMO
Old 2008-11-01, 15:43   Link #315
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

AS I've pointed out, 40% is the power output of the cannon, not the mech's limit. Therefore he could use it to its full potential, it was just stressful on him.
Old 2008-11-01, 15:49   Link #316
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
AS I've pointed out, 40% is the power output of the cannon, not the mech's limit. Therefore he could use it to its full potential, it was just stressful on him.
it was better then the guren zangetsu or tristain
yet all three matched or outmanuverd him
it logiclly should have been his fight if he could use it to the limit
Old 2008-11-01, 15:53   Link #317
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
it was better then the guren zangetsu or tristain
yet all three matched or outmanuverd him
it logiclly should have been his fight if he could use it to the limit
AS Charred has pointed out, skill does come into play. Kallen immobilized him by grabbing his wrist harken. Gino caught him off guard and damaged a wing, and he stalemated Tohdoh. You try to portray it as if he failed miserably against these people.
Old 2008-11-01, 15:58   Link #318
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
AS Charred has pointed out, skill does come into play. Kallen immobilized him by grabbing his wrist harken. Gino caught him off guard and damaged a wing, and he stalemated Tohdoh. You try to portray it as if he failed miserably against these people.
no i am not
i never said he was defeated in any of those fights
but he should have won them rather then end up at a stale mate
and by the way gino was pushing him back even before the wing thing
he had a machine that SHOULD have been better
but he still couldnt win
which in my book means he couldnt use it to the max
im not saying he "failed miserably" and im sorry if thats what it sounded like
im saying he couldnt win despite using a machine that was better then theirs
Old 2008-11-01, 16:04   Link #319
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
no i am not
i never said he was defeated in any of those fights
but he should have won them rather then end up at a stale mate
and by the way gino was pushing him back even before the wing thing
he had a machine that SHOULD have been better
but he still couldnt win
which in my book means he couldnt use it to the max
im not saying he "failed miserably" and im sorry if thats what it sounded like
im saying he couldnt win despite using a machine that was better then theirs
She said they went too high-spec on it, not that it was outright better than everything. One does not equal the other. The Gawain has better specs than a Glouster (however that's spelled), but that didn't stop Cornelia from beating it, because better specs only do so much. Xingke didn't win in his engagements because of mitigating factors. He lost to Kallen because she took away the speed he had by grabbing the harken. He wasn't even trying to beat Tohdoh and still came out unscathed. He was fighting Gino while attempting to save Tianzi, a critical distraction in battle. You're focusing too much on one aspect to the detriment of the rest.
Old 2008-11-01, 16:52   Link #320
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

OK .. I just finished watching the whole series almost non-stop and I must say...

OMFG!!!! HEART ATTACK!!!!!
......... there was so much going on and the story kept twisting and tickling my brain it was ridiculous (in an awesome way) ...

I never saw Lelouch last move coming..... to become evil incarnated and to take all the hatred with him ... Good lord, what a MASTERFUL move! .. I saw the first season and I have to say I was NOT expecting what I just saw.... totally blown away....

Also for Nanaly to play such a huge roll as well as Zusaku (sorry for the misspellings) .... this was unbelievable! This is now definitively worthy of being one of my faves and even tho I don't like the Meccha genre, I must say this is a huge exception.

I am now taking a shower to calm down cause watching almost the entire series non-stop has taken a toll on my nervous system....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote