AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-05, 15:09   Link #481
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

I have a love hate relationship with Ep13... but mostly because of the ending Otonashi had. Otherwise despite its disjointed mishmash I really liked the series. I especially liked the twist of Kanade being the one who Otonashi helped with his organ-donor card. That was very sweet.

One of the reviews I read from here said he stayed because he still had regrets, so I am just going to assume that he worked them out and passed on to his next life... and having saw that tiny clip at the end of the credits, I dont have to assume. <3

I give the series an 8/10 stars. A good romance and very sweet. I would give it 10 but it jumped around too much, and didnt do justice to all the main characters when they disappeared with no story.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:01   Link #482
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
If you read the novel you might figure out what made Noda the way he is.
And if I didn't?

It is anime's duty to clarify everything if it started to air, not novels.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:10   Link #483
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And if I didn't?

It is anime's duty to clarify everything if it started to air, not novels.
Actually the whole reason Jun Maeda wrote that Light Novel because they were things he couldn't put in the anime. Anyway, if you want to know why he's like that it's because in the Light Novel:
Spoiler for Chapter 6 or 7, I can't remember:

Anyway, all the chapters are translated and available now, so there isn't really any reason not to read them:
http://www.mediafire.com/angelbeatstrackzero

Last edited by Haak; 2010-07-05 at 16:24.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:43   Link #484
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne View Post
I really liked the ending. The short clip after the credits really clarified what happened to everyone (new life?).
Yea, It did clarify things. But I feel like they could've of done the ending a tee-bit better Q_Q.
Old 2010-07-06, 07:59   Link #485
AkasuraBoshi

wtf waht do you mean they could have done the ending a bit better, the ending was perfect -.-
Old 2010-07-06, 08:06   Link #486
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Because there's such a thing as a difference of opinion?
Old 2010-07-06, 08:20   Link #487
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

...The ending isn't what I'd call perfect. The ideology behind it was impeccable regardless. And if that's the only thing you are looking for, then it was rather perfect. If you are loking for coherence and logical explaantion, not so much.

I'm on the fence. It had it's bright moments as it ahd it's horrid moments.

....I love this bitter shit. Clannad after story... :| It makes me want to watch it again for some reason.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:24   Link #488
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

I dont know if I would call it bitter, Its not sugary or cutesy thats for sure. Bittersweet perhaps.
Old 2010-07-07, 00:34   Link #489
adamatari

I watched this all together in the last two days.

Overall, I feel kinda like I watched a hallmark channel feel-good movie or miniseries, because that's really what Angel Beats is. However, I am a sucker for Key melodrama, and totally ate this up. Everyone reaches satori, everyone gets their wish, the central couple has a touching ending, and they even have the message, BE AN ORGAN DONOR, almost written in bold at the end. And I loved it.

The plot twists were contrived, the timeline is sketchy, most of the characters were not well fleshed out, but I don't care, it was still great.

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who checked to make sure that I checked the organ donor box? I checked my driver's license right after this. I also found out where this anime is coming from - apparently Japan has had cultural issues that prevented organ donation from being even legal until fairly recently, and still has a low rate of donors, so I for one cheer the message.
Old 2010-07-07, 17:43   Link #490
sepena

Anyone else noticed that in the epilogue they have the same necklace but with different colours?
Old 2010-07-10, 17:05   Link #491
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I think the subtleness of the themes is what made it good.

not really an ending, more like a new beginning
Old 2010-07-11, 03:30   Link #492
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Talking Lost : The Anime

I now know how and why Lost fans were so crazy over Lost. I paced myself to watch this over 3 days for the emotional impact during episode 13 I literally got up from my chair twice and started talking VERY loudly. I am always a sucker for sad endings that have good conclusions. By the way, If you were looking for answers? Realize that you can't do that. You have to accept that everything is set by very crazy rules and the stuff that happens makes sense within those rules. Im buying the collection if it hits USA. Only $40

Edit : Maybe I should talk about the SHOW? :P
Anyway, The charecters were not the most fleshed out people I will say that. But, there were simply TOO many. I was extrememly glad to see that Yuri was only the leader and not everyones love interest. I always knew something was up with Kanade but never thought that far ahead.

Now for the checklist.
Animation : I'm not one for OMG this needs to be the beest animations EVER!!! To score an easy ten from me. For some reason the scenes didn't feel Bright enough. Maybe I'm just a sucker for bloom effects.
9/10

Voice Actors : I know NOTHING of japanesse voice acting. Or maybe thats because I never heard any bad acting.
10/10

Script : Well I rely on subs. And I like my subbers. Even without the subs the words all made sense and everything.
10/10

Soundtrack : I never felt that it detracted from the show. But, I'm not a music in anime enthusiast
8/10

Production : UNGHHHHHHHH. So much to do so little budget and episodes. They made hard story cuts but they got it done. I fell in love with the way the episodes flowed. Comedy first half then fade out the comedy ever so slightly until BAM earth shattering story time.
8.75/10

Enjoyment : 10/10
Thats how much I enjoyed it. Think about it this way. I watched the last 1/3 of the series on a night where I had a plane trip that morning. My strategy was to keep my self awake so I can sleep on the plane easier. I stayed up for 6 hours on 4 episodes. Thats including forum time reading past replys!!! I archived this and can't wait to buy. I love me SHORT anime !!!!

Emotional Involvement : Short anime always like to leave me crying. This one is no exceptions. Except now... This one may burn for a little. But, ALAS. They gave us a happy ending in the last 5 seconds. So THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING OFF THE EDGE . Because of all of the themes behind it and touching but not tragic moments. A true shatter for medium hearts.
11/10

Personal Thoughts :
Episode 13
Our guy : I Love you... I love you
Hidane : Thank You . Thank you

I see why she said thank you. But I wish the last line she could've said was " I Love You "
The dissaperances were handle wonderfully. Except for the mass exodus.... That was one of the 2 times I got out of my chair "/
I would recommend to anyone.

Last edited by coolasj19; 2010-07-11 at 03:53. Reason: Forgot stuff.
Old 2010-07-12, 05:47   Link #493
Kudryavka

500 GET! Dang this thread is exploding. o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepena View Post
Anyone else noticed that in the epilogue they have the same necklace but with different colours?
Necklaces? And I'm assuming the new colors represent a change, a new beginning.

I still don't understand/like how the chars just got reincarnated, didn't go to rest, just went back to troublesome ol' Life...
Old 2010-07-13, 10:11   Link #494
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
500 GET! Dang this thread is exploding. o.O
I'm surpise that this thread is STILL going as well. A lot of other area's seem to have the ideas/opinions that's found in this thread too. Hurry up December!
Old 2010-07-13, 15:51   Link #495
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
I'm surpise that this thread is STILL going as well. A lot of other area's seem to have the ideas/opinions that's found in this thread too. Hurry up December!
Oh yea. December bring us moar story clarification w00t!!
Old 2010-07-13, 18:16   Link #496
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Oh yea. December bring us moar story clarification w00t!!
Hopefully. It'd be disappointing as hell if it was just a fanservice episode.
Old 2010-07-15, 03:03   Link #497
ninja_pintu

Well, yea I would like to see what happened to Otonashi after he was left all alone in the afterworld @_@
Old 2010-07-15, 13:57   Link #498
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
If someone hasn't nailed the following yet, I'll be suprised:

The very end of the series, and the fact that Kanade received her donor heart from Otonashi makes the title of the series a foreshadowing of the entire ending, and a play on it. 'Angel' being the nickname for Kanade and 'Beats' referring to the fact that Kanade received that donor heart. If you remember seeing Otonashi's death, he checked off all the options of the donor card, which led to that. It's obvious too, though, that Kanade eventually died thereafter because she ended up in the world because of her regrets. Her only regret, of course, being the inability to thank Otonashi for the heart he gave her.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2010-07-16, 01:42   Link #499
Kudryavka

Ho yes I like your thinking Eku 8DDDD

500 get
Old 2010-07-16, 18:07   Link #500
BananaYogurt
Random Clannad Fan

The ending isn't bittersweet..... IT WAS A SWEEEEEEET ENDING ^^
It couldn't be better, it was a perfect flawless ending (IMO of course, everyone has different tastes for endings)

Only 3 endings (Be it animes or visual novels) have been able to make me cry so far: Clannad,
Tomoyo After: It's a wonderful life (PC version), and Angel Beats.
Closed Thread