AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-07, 00:05   Link #421
larethian

I thought 8 is coming out on the 10th? geez, how did they get that stuff?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 00:27   Link #422
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I thought 8 is coming out on the 10th? geez, how did they get that stuff?
If you think about it, spoilers for volume 7's ending showed up a few days before release too
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 01:04   Link #423
Midrange
Betwixt tweet and woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
And there is already some heavy spoiler about the new novel... I shouldn't have read that...

Spoiler for HEAVY spoiler for novel 8:
Extremely disappointed. Even if it's only a single page, I think that the...
Spoiler:
Midrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 01:04   Link #424
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
If you think about it, spoilers for volume 7's ending showed up a few days before release too
Around 10 days before release even, IIRC...

======

btw, here's the post that appeared at the top of the latest spoiler thread on 2ch (by 2ch standards, that means it's the most trusted info at present, but do keep in mind that it's still the first day of spoilers, so it might be off/completely fake etc...though they've burnt through about 2000 posts already discussing it...). I don't have time to translate it myself, but if anyone else wants to, please do.

Spoiler for sorry, Japanese only:

The important points:

Spoiler for a basic summary:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-05-07 at 05:44.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 01:16   Link #425
Rhystic

So basically we're back where we started... that's kinda disappointing. I'm real curious about the reason for their break up. The author seems to like to troll, the end of Vol 7 could have been a very drastic shift in the story, but instead was played off.
Rhystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 01:23   Link #426
Maugomale

Hopefully, this means the story will delve deeper in Kyousuke and Kirino's relationship, and who knows, maybe a romance can spawn between the two...
Old 2011-05-07, 02:38   Link #427
kaigan
Segmentation fault

alright, time for some serious romance, no more beating the bush!
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 02:57   Link #428
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhystic View Post
So basically we're back where we started... that's kinda disappointing. I'm real curious about the reason for their break up. The author seems to like to troll, the end of Vol 7 could have been a very drastic shift in the story, but instead was played off.
From what I've been able to gather, it is more complicated than a "break up"... more like she's put things on "hold" til he works things out with Kirino. But yeah.... the author does seem to get a kick out of torturing the readers.
Old 2011-05-07, 04:53   Link #429
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

All right, unless this turns out to be false, this will be the last post from me (for the time being). To anyone willing to spend time translating: yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Spoiler for more complete Japanese summary from 2ch:

I'll just say that it's an interesting development...one that really does suggest that Fushimi-sensei won't go beyond 10 volumes. Also, I love KN more than ever, and kind of want to whack Kyousuke...but well, it was to be expected.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-07, 12:12   Link #430
Maugomale

Welp, I guess that goes to show never to trust a cliffhanger, something I convinced myself of ever since the end of volume 6.
Old 2011-05-07, 18:32   Link #431
Midrange
Betwixt tweet and woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
All right, unless this turns out to be false, this will be the last post from me (for the time being). To anyone willing to spend time translating: yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Spoiler for more complete Japanese summary from 2ch:

I'll just say that it's an interesting development...one that really does suggest that Fushimi-sensei won't go beyond 10 volumes. Also, I love KN more than ever, and kind of want to whack Kyousuke...but well, it was to be expected.
Hmm...

I'll take a stab at that. Thanks for the copypaste, much appreciated. If I have misunderstood anything (I probably have) please let me know.

Spoiler:

Dammit Kyousuke, why'd you have to stop being cool elder brother? What happened D:

And I thought the author said he didn't want this to turn into a romantic comedy?
Midrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 19:55   Link #432
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midrange View Post
Hmm...

I'll take a stab at that. Thanks for the copypaste, much appreciated. If I have misunderstood anything (I probably have) please let me know.

Spoiler:

Dammit Kyousuke, why'd you have to stop being cool elder brother? What happened D:

And I thought the author said he didn't want this to turn into a romantic comedy?
So this is it huh? It's going to end up being Koi Kaze?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 21:03   Link #433
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Gah...can't concentrate on what I should be doing instead...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midrange View Post
Hmm...

Spoiler:

I think he's still pretty cool. The spoilers suggest that he really wasn't quite as dense as some Kirino shippers were claiming after vol. 7. But then stuff happened...

======

heh...and another one, originally from 2ch, but posted at another English forum. Again, don't know how accurate they are (NB: I do think they are mostly fake), but SOME things seem to fit with the other spoilers:
Spoiler for length:

====

Another thing that people might find interesting is a comment by Fushimi-sensei's editor, Miki-san, which can probably be interpreted in so many different ways depending on which girl you barrack for...:
Spoiler for just in case:

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-05-20 at 05:30. Reason: Just as I thought after the first few days, mostly fake...
Old 2011-05-07, 22:38   Link #434
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Spoiler:
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 10:34   Link #435
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
If so, I have no problems with it.
Old 2011-05-08, 10:57   Link #436
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 15:46   Link #437
Miraluka
Banned

So, the predictions from pages before have finally become true .

Quote:
Hopefully, this means the story will delve deeper in Kyousuke and Kirino's relationship, and who knows, maybe a romance can spawn between the two...
Thats very unlikely because I doubt pretty much the publisher house (and the regulations through laws) will allow that kind of development. Hello Ishihara!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 17:11   Link #438
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats very unlikely because I doubt pretty much the publisher house (and the regulations through laws) will allow that kind of development. Hello Ishihara!
I don't remember his ban saying anything about novel works...
Old 2011-05-08, 19:05   Link #439
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I don't remember his ban saying anything about novel works...
There is, speaking in general terms there is.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 23:26   Link #440
type-R!

The reactions were kinda expected, although some of them exagerated. Sure Kuroneko's popularity has spiked in the past months (the anime definitely had a lot to do) and now this. I'm sure it wasn't in the author's original plans to let her become this popular (even though he is cashing on it; spin-off manga??)
The reason I started reading this novel was because of Kirino, and I still believe that Fushimi's true intention was to go for her, the name of the novel says it all. I know that many fans have changed sides after 7 volumes and the anime, but to me it was clearly all about Kirino from the begining, and I hope it continues that way (as long as some of the spoilers and what has been said are true).
Anyway it seems that this volume will have some essential development but not enough to make clear who the winner will be. If the 10th volume will be the last then he'd better move overseas or hire security as soon as pages of volume 9 are leaked, I'm getting worried about the Kuroneko fans .

Last edited by type-R!; 2011-05-08 at 23:44.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings