AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-04, 00:55   Link #4101
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think Yukari is more suitable to be the person who provide her knowledge for commander rather then being a commander herself.
That aspect is kinda wasted on Miho, though.

I think she's doing well as Miho's other set of eyes. She knows what to look for.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 02:26   Link #4102
Marina2

Let's change the question a bit. Which duty is appropriate for Miho if she isn't a commander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Pixv still require registration in Japanese?
You can do it in English now.
Old 2013-02-04, 02:40   Link #4103
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Miho was a good loader for Yukari. The guns and other things didn't phase her at all.
Old 2013-02-04, 03:03   Link #4104
SatelliteCannon

So Nogami Takeshi did a Sailor Fuku to Juusensha / Girls und Panzer crossover manga short.

I really do wonder if he's annoyed that Actas created their tank anime from scratch instead of making an adaptation of SFtJ (or Panzerfraulein Alteseisen).

He'll probably be even more annoyed when a girls und dreadnaught anime is produced...and its not an adaptation of The Azure Century Chronicles.
Spoiler for http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=33241776:
SatelliteCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 05:41   Link #4105
12ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteCannon View Post
So Nogami Takeshi did a Sailor Fuku to Juusensha / Girls und Panzer crossover manga short.

I really do wonder if he's annoyed that Actas created their tank anime from scratch instead of making an adaptation of SFtJ (or Panzerfraulein Alteseisen).

He'll probably be even more annoyed when a girls und dreadnaught anime is produced...and its not an adaptation of The Azure Century Chronicles.
Spoiler for http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=33241776:
I think I read SFJ on the /AK/wiki after searching for GuP-like material. I recall not being all that impressed with it: too little tank-love if you ask me--tanks felt more like a fetishy gimmick than the main subject, and the characters were pretty meh.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 09:23   Link #4106
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteCannon View Post

He's working on Girls und Panzer itself (probably with research/advice), so why would he be upset? Besides, that's not really how manga adaptations work. Usually what happens is that the manga publisher approaches an anime studio and funds them to create an adaptation, and it's often done to promote manga sales. Anime studios have a lot less incentive to go to manga publishers to ask for a license.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:59   Link #4107
florallia

Quote:
Let's change the question a bit. Which duty is appropriate for Miho if she isn't a commander.
My Oyomesan.
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 12:06   Link #4108
florallia

Quote:
By the way, Anyone here read the novel version? I want to know if there are any new info on Saori's character background, family, etc.
I am.

No family background information, No addition of personal data.

and too sad to say, I do not recommend that novel for others. It's too Light-Novel-ish, every scene She talking to herself, and lack of entertainment.
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 12:09   Link #4109
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by florallia View Post
My Oyomesan.
If not for the fact that the rep system has been retired, I'd give you a cookie

Images
Have a Miho instead
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

In other news, Platz will be releasing three more GuP-themed model kits, this time Ankou's Pz IV Ausf.G, Leopon's Porsche Tiger and Maho's Tiger:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 12:32   Link #4110
12ice

Quote:
Hmm...

Using process of elimination...

RO is out--she is timid and doesn't seem to like talking too much.

Driver is out since she said she isn't too good at it.

Loader is out, for two reasons: 1) Miho not being good at driving may have something to do with difficulty shifting gear--hence, not strong enough. She is also a bit of a klutz, so she may not be coordinated enough to load quickly. 2) It would, quite frankly, be a waste to put Miho as the loader, since it is the "lowest" position (of course, it is vital--just as all other positions).

This leaves gunner, and I'd think she'd do well. She knows a lot of technical details on various types of armour. This lets her aim for weakpoints (outside the universal ones: turret ring, etc) and also prioritize targets better if the commander is engaged in other tasks.
Old 2013-02-04, 13:08   Link #4111
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post

Loader is out, for two reasons: 1) Miho not being good at driving may have something to do with difficulty shifting gear--hence, not strong enough. She is also a bit of a klutz, so she may not be coordinated enough to load quickly. 2) It would, quite frankly, be a waste to put Miho as the loader, since it is the "lowest" position (of course, it is vital--just as all other positions).
We've already seen Miho act as the loader though: their very first battle, since remember that Miho got the position from drawing straws. Miho is seen reloading the 75mm gun just fine after Yukari fired their first shot, and that they were able to fire 2 more shots after that quickly indicates that Miho is quite good at loading the shells.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-02-04, 18:33   Link #4112
12ice

There are a couple components for loading, though.
  1. Speed: The first engagement was pretty slow-paced and leisurely in terms of how many shells were being thrown around. I'm not sure whether Miho could bump up the rof in a crisis, like Momo did during the Pravda match. Anyone can load safely while taking their time--it takes a natural (and practice) to do it quickly.
  2. Endurance: loading a shell once or twice is one thing, but can she keep going after an hour-or-so of battle?
We never saw Miho act as a serious loader, so we can't really judge her capacity in that position. What we do know is that she is rather clumsy physically (tripping over herself) and either lack physical strength or spatial abilities (poor driver). Given her ability to accurately project terrain from maps, I'd venture to guess that door driving is likely related to body strength opposed to bumping into things. Regardless of the cause of her bad driving, lacking either would make for a poor loader either due to lowered rof from mistakes, or poor endurance.

Even if she were a great loader, I still think positioning her there is a waste of her capacity. It would be like having a qualified pilot man a rear-gun turret instead of piloting the plane. Gunnery is where her wealth of tank-knowledge can be put to better use outside of commanding: tank dimensions in figuring out range, top-speed, armour thickness and angle, etc.
Old 2013-02-04, 18:40   Link #4113
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Ya know, it might be a way bit delayed, but I just realized that (in Little Army) Miho's family donated their old Panzer 4 to... a kindergarten. A KINDERGARTEN. What would preschool kids do with a Panzer 4?!?
Old 2013-02-04, 18:46   Link #4114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Familiarize themselves with the interior?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 18:49   Link #4115
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Swing on the stubby barrel.

Aside from their high school practise battle, I don't think we've seen Miho in any pother position except commander. Even in Little Army she's commanding a Panzer IV. Though I wonder what possition she would have if she served in her sister's tank?
Old 2013-02-04, 19:15   Link #4116
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If not for the fact that the rep system has been retired, I'd give you a cookie

Images
Have a Miho instead
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

In other news, Platz will be releasing three more GuP-themed model kits, this time Ankou's Pz IV Ausf.G, Leopon's Porsche Tiger and Maho's Tiger:

I soooo want the Tiger Porsche
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 23:47   Link #4117
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
I soooo want the Tiger Porsche
Tell me about it.. do you know how hard it is to find in 15mm?!

I'm having to scratch build one from an Elefant chassis and Tiger VIE turret...
Old 2013-02-05, 00:38   Link #4118
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
You can do it in English now.
Ah, perfect!

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=5713710&p=3

In other news... progress on the 15mm StuG

This is shaping up to be awesome... by AdorableRocket, on Flickr
Old 2013-02-05, 00:39   Link #4119
12ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Ya know, it might be a way bit delayed, but I just realized that (in Little Army) Miho's family donated their old Panzer 4 to... a kindergarten. A KINDERGARTEN. What would preschool kids do with a Panzer 4?!?
Got to start on 'em young, before those newfangled aeroplanes get their attention.
Old 2013-02-05, 03:44   Link #4120
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post
Speed: The first engagement was pretty slow-paced and leisurely in terms of how many shells were being thrown around. I'm not sure whether Miho could bump up the rof in a crisis, like Momo did during the Pravda match. Anyone can load safely while taking their time--it takes a natural (and practice) to do it quickly.
Something of note here: 37mm rounds are much smaller and lighter than 75mm rounds. Momo had some good RoF for the Pz38(t) because the rounds were easy to load, not to mention that by the time of the Pravda match she's been Turtle Team's loader (and gunner) for a long while now.

As for Miho, she didn't stop and back in their first shot, she's shown immediately preparing the next round for loading without a second thought, and she's shown to have finished loading before Yukari even fired the second shot, which scene skipping aside, shouldn't have taken more than a few seconds.

I do agree that assigning Miho as the loader would be a waste of her abilities, but she is able to handle loading duty just fine. As for her clumsiness, that trait seems to have up and vanished by the 2nd episode onwards.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks