AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What banner would you most like to see at the top of the forum?
Catgirls-10 4 1.78%
frustra-22 35 15.56%
Hellychan-31 8 3.56%
K. Yamato-42 13 5.78%
K. Yamato-44 20 8.89%
Kaito-Kid-45 13 5.78%
Kira_Naruto-55 21 9.33%
leofish-67 36 16.00%
Mnemosyne-79 12 5.33%
Riker-88 18 8.00%
SlugZilla-101 38 16.89%
wao-123 7 3.11%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-06, 04:52   Link #81
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Questionable ballots have now been removed from the totals. And the winner is....

SlugZilla - 101

Second place goes to leofish - 67

And finally third place goes to frustra - 22

Congratulations to all three winners, you'll be seeing your banners at the top of the forum soon. Additional congratulations go to everyone who made it to this round since you are the best 12 out of 125. Wow... And our thanks go to everyone who entered. Many of your entries were stellar and I only regret that we could not allow more of you to win. I thank anyone who offered criticism or participated in any way.

SlugZilla, you can expect Catgirls to contact you about your gift certificate very soon.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-06, 04:59   Link #82
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Congratulations to SlugZilla, leofish and frustra!
Though frustra got hit badly with the invalid votes. ;__;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Thank you to Riker .. For dragging me into the contest
Maybe I shouldn't have... you got more votes than me... ;____;

Just kidding~. XD

I would like to thank those who casted their votes for my banner.
Special thanks to Ryoosuke cos I kept spamming him with my banners for comments.
Also for those who gave feedbacks in the nomination thread: Hellychan, Klashikari and Lilth.

Though I didn't win, I gained a special keepsake from this contest. ^^

Banner No. 88 at 8.88% votes. XD
Old 2006-12-06, 05:02   Link #83
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

ConGratz People!!!
SlugZilla, leofish (my favorite )and frustra!
Very nice work everyone.
looking forward to seeing the banners on the forum-top soon

Happy Christmas!!!! (in 18 days )
Old 2006-12-06, 05:08   Link #84
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

aaah... 3rd place! i myself did not even thought that humble Ginko banner would make it this far

props goes to...

the AnimeSuki Admin for a nice contest

Slugzilla and Leofish whom I also both nominated in the nomination phase and (eventually) finishing first and second...

the other contestants for a continuous stream of fresh ideas to make this community better...

and of course the voters, especially the ones who thought that my banner(s) were good enough to make it on top... hahaha... really, the nominations and votes are truly appreciated

and those whose votes have been "invalidated" because they "registered" a bit too late to vote, fret not, you will have a chance to vote again come spring if i am not mistaken

Quote:
Congratulations to SlugZilla, leofish and frustra!
Though frustra got hit badly with the invalid votes. ;_
that is indeed frustrating.. LOLZ... it's all okay thanks anyway Riker

cheers!
Old 2006-12-06, 06:21   Link #85
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

W00t.. seen all 3 winners alternating on top .. Also wao's banner well ^__^

Congratz!

EDIT
And KYamato's Nayuki as well
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-12-06, 06:32   Link #86
SlugZilla
woofles

Holy crap! I couldn't watch it until the end so when I just got up to see the results I couldn't believe that I won, since there were some wicked banners. Thank you to everyone who voted for me and congrats to all the finalists who made it here.
Old 2006-12-06, 06:43   Link #87
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Congratulations SlugZilla! And to the runners-up leofish and frustra (I just saw Ginko!).

Good to see the new banners now up, they all work really well. Well done to the final twelve.
Old 2006-12-06, 06:58   Link #88
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
W00t.. seen all 3 winners alternating on top .. Also wao's banner well ^__^

And KYamato's Nayuki as well
In addiction, I'm seeing the utterly cute Green² - 28 Kairin, and Imouto's (Helly) Byakuya, for the sake of bishies .. at least she'll be happy now

Anyway, congratulations to all who partecipated, actively or less actively (and I belong here ) for making this contest so big (125 entries, it was really impressive). Congratulations to the winners, and especially SlugZilla, of course.
3 wonderful works, as wonderful were all the other finalists.

As a personal note, I'm particularly glad to see at least one of my nominations being up there, which would be wao's banner. Actually, I too thought it wouldn't have blended the best, but seeing it up there makes a different impression. It's really nice, actually. I'm just sad not to see my favourite, Riker's Bottle Fairy, but I'm optimistic to eventually see it in the future ^^

Finally, thanks as always to NoSanninWa for organizing/running all of this (stay sure that it's really tough and also time consuming) and to Catgirls for the prize and his big generosity.

To the next contest!
Old 2006-12-06, 07:47   Link #89
wao
OK.

OTL Oh dear, frustra was soo close... but that's okay, I'm really very very glad to see it up there anyway because it is a nice banner and Ginko!!!

It's very heartwarming to know that Ginko can stand his own against the powerhouses of Saber and cute-girls-in-well-made-banner-by-Slugzilla.

Congrats to all the winners and I feel so horribly embarassed seeing my badly-blended banner up there but I'll just refresh the page whenever I see it (Thanks btw to whoever voted for me - I'm surprised anyone voted for it when there were clearly superior banners out there too. I almost feel tempted to say you wasted your vote but that would be very rude... But the one thign I am proud of with my picture is that - if I am not mistaken - unlike the rest of the finalists and most? of the entries I drew my own picture.)

And GJ to the admins for collating everything and weeding out the invalid votes and all of that. Looking forward to the next banner comp, although I might feel too lazy to make a banner for it...

Ahh, Ginko
Old 2006-12-06, 09:07   Link #90
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Contrags to SlugZilla and everyone that participated. That was quite a bit of fun. There were a LOT of great banners. Thanks to everyone that voted for mine and here's looking forward to the next contest.
Old 2006-12-06, 10:42   Link #91
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Congratulations to SlugZilla, leofish and frustra! As always, this was a fun contest. Thanks to everyone who participated and voted. Looking forward to the next one!
Old 2006-12-06, 11:19   Link #92
K. Yamato
Sae's Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to K. Yamato
Hey hey! Its done hahaha by the way it looked we almost had a 3 way tie XD 35-36-38 wow just wow hahaha, well its still cool that my banners up there. It actually looks good on the top ^_^;

Well congrats to all 3 of you! I had to admit slugs had that nice touch with the smexyness and the christmas flavor ;p.

Leo's man yours was intense with the abstract and all, well done on your's.

Finally Frustra dear mother of mercy you were on ends back and forth getting first but still you got 3rd and Im proud of you .

Oh! And I cant forget to say thanks to Daniel as well you got me into this =3 if I didnt I probably wouldnt see my Nayuki banner at the top hahaha, thanks alot m8 appreciate that

Congrats to everyone ^^
-Jason-

Please visit my museum here at AnimeSuki ^^ Here
Old 2006-12-06, 12:08   Link #93
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
whow! talk about tight competition O.o

big congratz to SlugZilla and a pat on the back for the others!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-06, 12:41   Link #94
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

That sure was one tough competition Congrats to all 3 winners and thank you every one for making such fantastic banners.

Now for a little fanboyish whine...
<whine>
Nooo, K.Yamato's Nerine banner didn't make it *sob* I soo wanted to see that one up there....
</whine>
Old 2006-12-06, 14:17   Link #95
Kensuke

Congratulations to the TOP 3: SlugZilla, leofish and frustra, and to all who participated the contest, great banners!
Old 2006-12-06, 14:28   Link #96
leofish
Mia 'cova

2nd o.o;! wow! thanks for all the support and comments :3! and Congratulations to Slugzilla and frustra ^^!

Last edited by leofish; 2006-12-06 at 16:46.
Old 2006-12-06, 15:32   Link #97
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Don't be discouraged leofish...
I love your banner on top of the forum ^.^
Thank you for creating it and please participate next time round..

I promise to give you try harder when I compete with you then.. ^__^
Old 2006-12-06, 15:55   Link #98
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Smile

Congratz to all the winners!

The banners are so pretty up there!

A big thanks to NoSanninWa (for organizing the contest) and to Catgirls (for his generosity)!

And of course thanks to all the participants! Keep up the good work! You're getting better and better each time around! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Also for those who gave feedbacks in the nomination thread: Hellychan, Klashikari and Lilith.
You're welcome Riker! Giving feedbacks is somehow a way to increase the chance to only have good banners
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
In addition, I'm seeing the utterly cute Green² - 28 Kairin, and Imouto's (Helly) Byakuya, for the sake of bishies .. at least she'll be happy now
Yup! Helly's very happy! ^^ I must say I've been pleasantly surprised to see Byakuya Nii-sama suddenly staring at me Ahh!! Bishies-gauge is high this time! xD!
Old 2006-12-06, 17:56   Link #99
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

wow! congrats, you three! ....although, i forget who i voted for.... ^^;
Old 2006-12-06, 18:00   Link #100
Rurik
Golden

Congrats to all of the winers, it was a tight race until the end, very exciting indeed ^____^

Tags
banner contest, contest