AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-24, 07:37   Link #181
mugener

Exclamation

I have an request about "General Discussion" sub-forum for Haruhi,
I also posted this request on Kanon since both of they are my favor anime.

I want admin to open an "General Discussion" sub-forum under Haruhi.

In this sub-forum, we can create any thread we want.

I understand that "requests for new threads" can avoid noob threads,
but hey, sometime we just wanna talk about anything for what we want.

And that "General Discussion" thread doesn't help much since it's a mess up
because ALL the posts are in an single thread.

With "General Discussion" sub-forum, you can just stay out of it if you want to
discuss something meaningful and avoid ANY noob threads.

When you just wanna being an noob and open any thread about this show,
"General Discussion" sub-forum always welcome you to mess it up with brainless threads.

Oh, and belive me, admin, when the sub-forum open, you will soon find out that
it become the most popular place.

People just want freedom you know.
Old 2006-10-24, 11:26   Link #182
xris
Just call me Ojisan

You've given all the reasons why the answer will be no. The brainless threads and posts are exactly the reason why new forums are limited.

If there is a topic worthy of discussion then please suggest it so we can consider making a new thread. And I'm sure there are plenty of potential topics but allowing a whole sub-forum whos primary objective is to allow pointless and "brainless" threads will not be considered.

Same reply as before. And there's no real need to create duplicate requests, it's not as if we would allow one and not the other
Old 2006-12-04, 11:44   Link #183
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Suzumiya Haruhi Character Marriage Prospect Thread Request

The following two threads have enjoyed some mild, moderate success on the Mai-Hime/Mai Otome forums; It is basically a mini-forum discussing the qualities of your favourite character of a particular series/franchise as your ideal (fantasy) life partner (or the qualities against):

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26340

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30754

Since the girls (and the occasional bloke) Suzumiya Haruhi universe have quite a loyal and adoring following (particularly Mikuru-Chan and Tsuruya-Oneesan), wouldn't a thread discussing the particular qualities you find your girl (or bloke) of choice appealing be a fun idea?

Please consider.

Sincerely Ronin Aquila
Old 2006-12-22, 14:47   Link #184
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

What about a thread dedicated to the Licensing of Suzumiya Haruhi?

Right now all the related discussion is converging in the General Discussion thread, as a continuation of the (former) speculation over the asosbrigade site. Move posts?

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-12-22 at 14:59.
Old 2006-12-22, 15:01   Link #185
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
What about a thread dedicated to the Licensing of Suzumiya Haruhi?

Right now all the related discussion is converging in the General Discussion thread, as a continuation of the (former) speculation over the asosbrigade site. Move posts?
I've been thinking of creating such a thread since yesterday. Haven't got round to it yet
Old 2006-12-22, 15:04   Link #186
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I don't know where you'd cut off the posts from the General Discussion, since asosbrigade speculation seems to start around post #2070 but is mixed up with the Gaza strip pic, among other things. ^^
Old 2006-12-22, 15:21   Link #187
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Yes, I was just looking at the area. 2070 seems the obvious point but the problem is sorting out the posts after that. The Gaza topic should be easy to filter out, the problem I'm having is the posts from 2065 to 2069. There are a number of replies to those and they eventually turn into the Licensing topic so I'm not sure how to split those replies. The problem for me is that since I can't read Japanese, I'm not sure just how much relevance www.haruhi.tv (post 2065) site has on the license issue. After a while the two topics (www.haruhi.tv and the license) sort of intertwine together.
Old 2006-12-22, 15:26   Link #188
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Yes, I was just looking at the area. 2070 seems the obvious point but the problem is sorting out the posts after that. The Gaza topic should be easy to filter out, the problem I'm having is the posts from 2065 to 2069. There are a number of replies to those and they eventually turn into the Licensing topic so I'm not sure how to split those replies. The problem for me is that since I can't read Japanese, I'm not sure just how much relevance www.haruhi.tv (post 2065) site has on the license issue. After a while the two topics (www.haruhi.tv and the license) sort of intertwine together.
Bah, just copy over anything that mentions source code from asosbrigade, cut your losses.

Discussion is filling up in the General thread, what with all the gags the asosbrigade is pulling (like the recent VA 'auditions')...

>_>

<_<

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-12-28 at 21:30.
Old 2006-12-29, 10:58   Link #189
Woland
Latin Rascal

Any good news about licensing thread? The General Discussion has been nearly monopolized in the meantime
Old 2006-12-29, 17:53   Link #190
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I did look at trying to extract the relevant posts last week but it was too difficult so I gave up What I'll do instead is just move the initial posts and create a new Licensed thread and then ask posters if they want their posts moved into the new thread (that way I'll only move those posts that the original poster wants moving). That might be easier than me trying to guess what belongs where.

Edit: Scratch that, created two new threads
The Licensing of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Dubbing of Haruhi Suzumiya

Last edited by xris; 2006-12-29 at 18:38.
Old 2007-01-05, 11:17   Link #191
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

How about Second Season thread to discuss the possible existence of the 2nd season, and what parts of the novel it would use? There was a bit of talk about this in the General Discussion thread before this latest business with the asosbrigade, and now it's being discussed in the Novel thread. I would expect the relevant posts to be much easier to extract, at least from the General thread, than the Licensing posts were.

Starting with post #1992 (the link to moonphase 'confirming' the 2nd season).

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-01-05 at 11:28.
Old 2007-01-05, 11:52   Link #192
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Sounds like a good idea. Given the popularity of the series in Japan, a second series is highly likely.
Old 2007-01-07, 15:58   Link #193
Mephisto2k
anime4life

I just wanted to suggest that too. I remember there was even something mentioned in the New Announced Anime thread about some insider who in the past shared reliable information and who leaked information about haruhi2 and zeronotsukaima2 being in planning or being worked on currently. Shortly after that zero no tsukaima 2 has been announced and then officially announced.
Old 2007-01-07, 17:04   Link #194
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I've split some of the posts from the The General Discussion of Haruhi Suzumiya thread and created a new thread for discussion of the possibility of a second season.

The Second Season Speculation of Haruhi Suzumiya

Please PM me if there are any posts that still require moving from the The General Discussion of Haruhi Suzumiya thread to the new The Second Season Speculation of Haruhi Suzumiya thread
Old 2007-03-15, 10:14   Link #195
Danny_river
Kanon Fotter!

May i request a tred be made called "Help Imouto-chan!'

it about a popularity contest that Kyon's little sister is a part of but she's up against the character that knocked out Yuki. I'd like to to be up quickly because the voting ends at 6:00 today!
Old 2007-03-15, 10:52   Link #196
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_river View Post
May i request a tred be made called "Help Imouto-chan!'

it about a popularity contest that Kyon's little sister is a part of but she's up against the character that knocked out Yuki. I'd like to to be up quickly because the voting ends at 6:00 today!
No, we have no wish to create such threads to discuss polls from other forums. I'm sure the site hosting the poll must have some discussion available but we don't wish to create a "campaign" thread for such purposes.
Old 2007-04-13, 00:28   Link #197
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to HolyCow
Requesting a thread for 'The Recollection of Suzumiya Haruhi'

I will recollect all images from the image thread and upload them to make it easier for others to download, since at 200+ pages the image thread is almost impossible to navigate.

Here's what it'll look like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCow View Post

Links to (currently up until page 25 of this thread):

1- Haruhi, 157 files
http://rapidshare.com/files/25616608/Haruhi_1.zip

2- Yuki, 134 files
http://rapidshare.com/files/25624420/Yuki.zip

3- Mikuru, 53 files
http://rapidshare.com/files/25626137/Mikuru_1.zip

4- Tsuruya, 25 files
http://rapidshare.com/files/25628987/Tsuruya_1.zip

5- Haruhi and Mikuru (there were so many fondling images I decided to make a folder out of them), 22 files
http://rapidshare.com/files/25629854...and_Mikuru.zip

6- Imouto, 7 files
http://rapidshare.com/files/25629156/Imouto_1.zip

7- Group shots and other Misc, 49 files
http://rapidshare.com/files/25628170/Group_and_Misc.zip
If this is totally unacceptable, please forgive my utter ignorance and delete this post
Old 2007-04-13, 01:13   Link #198
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Actually, I think it'll be easier if a mod edits the first post of the Image thread with your links instead of creating a new thread. :3
Old 2007-04-14, 07:48   Link #199
Claudias

I like to request "The Philosophy of Haruhi Suzumiya" thread
Old 2007-04-14, 16:10   Link #200
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudias View Post
I like to request "The Philosophy of Haruhi Suzumiya" thread
Have you checked this thread?

The Ontology of Suzumiya Haruhi