AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-10-19, 15:50   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Annabelle (The Conjuring spinoff)

The link http://www.warnerbros.com/annabelle is the site for the Annabelle film released two weeks ago.

This thread is open for all people who have already watched the film to post their thoughts about it, and for those who haven't yet to publish their expectations for the movie.

This is the wikipedia entry site about the film.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 22:00   Link #2
Lulita

Trailer is very attractive but I have not seen it
Lulita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 23:51   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Watched it a few days ago. It's a good thriller, as in, the very concept of the scares is good and the execution makes it better.

If I had to complain about one thing though, the plot was too light. Could have followed a MUCH darker path, especially near the end...but it was still worth watching.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 02:42   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Finally, watched the film yesterday along with my sister and some friends of hers.

My sister was not keen to the idea of watching this movie on Halloween though.

This film contains lots of thrilling scares some more effective than the others, since I felt some of the scares were over the top due to tresspassing into Hollywood flick territory.
Spoiler:

Overall, the film goes above average, and they could have worked better the frights and haunting, since a great part of the shock value was delivered to trigger a visceral reaction at a passing moment. Whereas I liked more those scenes that built tension, as something sinister was lurking at every corner and door of the victim's home, and one couldn't help but feeling the stress of the accumulating thrill in your stomach.

A sequel to Annabelle will definitely follow telling the full tale of the two nurses featured at the start of The Conjuring and at the beginning of this film.
BTW, I am listening to the full version of the ending theme to the Ghost Hunt anime, since I felt fitting and appropriate while I'm writing this review.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote