Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 16:04   Link #5361
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
Wat do you mean with Hov?
"Hov" is another name for rap artist Jay-Z. He is alternatively referred to as "J-Hova."
Old 2013-05-20, 21:02   Link #5362
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I once read on a hate site (funnily enough) that Treize probably got his last name from Nikita Khrushchev. Depending on your POV, there may or may not exist parallels between their backgrounds.

Trowa was named Barton due to one of the writers (Ikeda?) being a fan of Tim Burton and Heero's name is an amalgamation of "hitotsu yuitsu" and Amuro Ray.

That leaves Maxwell, Winner and Chang. Does anyone know anything about those?
I believe most of the other names are straight forward seeing their numbering system, such as Duo (no clue about his last name). Quatre is obviously 4 in French (and some say a tribute to Char's alias Quattro... perhaps someone's obsession with the number 4 seeing as there is a girl name Four in the UC time era). Raberba looks like a nod to the Berber peoples of North Africa. And "Wu" in WuFei is the number 5... and some digging around saids that "Fei" is mostly translated as "fly", but can mean everything from "lung" to "wasteful"... So ya, we need a Chinese person who can read the way it was written in the series.

Probably not helpful, but hey!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 08:26   Link #5363
gordol
Banned

Hiatus again this month....
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:19   Link #5364
Tendou Souji

I wanna cry
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 14:15   Link #5365
susyia

what? there is no FT this month again?
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 23:18   Link #5366
gordol
Banned

It's safe to say GOL is the best Gundam manga EVER!

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 01:32   Link #5367
AmericanFairy

Wow... I go MIA for finals and when I return I discover that there's not been a lot of progress? I think I just might cry.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 16:51   Link #5368
susyia

hum.. i don't like this manga it's too fast and where is the part that chaterine hits trowa in the face?
Old 2013-05-24, 16:55   Link #5369
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks for the pics, gordol. How can anyone NOT love Sandrock?! There! There is the reason that shotel wielding badass of a Gundam has always been one of my favorites.

Seriously, before this manga is over we'll have at least five different add-ons for each suit.
Except for Wing. Wing doesn't seem to be getting much love in GoL for some reason.

This is also my favorite scene from the entire series. The tenacity, the betrayal, the steadfastness... And when Wu Fei marches in and delivers that speech... Goosebumps. That battle always gets me.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 00:20   Link #5370
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
hum.. i don't like this manga it's too fast and where is the part that chaterine hits trowa in the face?
It's actually really slow. We've been on the first half of the series for 3 years and haven't even gotten into the 20's yet.

Anyway that was probably the best chapter so far. Sandrock was amazing. I hated that suit as a kid but it has been so great in this manga. Elegant, regal, strong, versatile. I love that suit now. Quatre proved himself to be an amazing pilot this chapter. Sandrock's final stand is going to be sad to see since it and Heavyarms have really stolen the show in this manga. Now that I think about it Heavyarms is done now too until the very end. Wow.

Deathscythe flying is something I've wanted to see since I was a kid. It couldn't fly in the show and didn't fly in Endless Waltz. It flew earlier in the manga but that pails in comparison to this. It looked so great. The white head on the black body was a great design choice. I'm also happy the Aries blew it's wings off giving them a showing.

Shenlong looked chilling when it appeared from the flames. That was the best I've ever seen it and that scene was done way better than the anime. Love everything about it.

I can't even watch Wing TV anymore. This manga has spoiled me. I don't know what I'm going to do if this doesn't get animated when it finishes in like 3 years.

Frozen Teardrop disappoints once again by no showing. I honestly want to know what is going on behind the scenes with that novel. I really want to know. If it was retooling or an author change it would have been done by now. Most of the novel is just character introductions and back story. I'm going to make a guess right now, They are trying to line up the novel to end in 2015 so that they can air the series that FT leads into for the 20 year anniversary. FT was originally designed to lead into a Wing sequel anyway.
Old 2013-05-25, 09:59   Link #5371
frens

according to wikipedia FT will realise on June 26, 2013
frens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 19:59   Link #5372
Tendou Souji

That is the next volume. We've already read those chapters.
Old 2013-05-25, 20:59   Link #5373
Eeni

*rainbow barf* GotL is really something else, I really loe the artwork!

Now, if someone can translate the Japanese, I'm more then willing to clean up the images and add the text in English ^_^

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 23:01   Link #5374
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Huh, guess I didn't realize how far behind I am in that series. Whoops.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 13:40   Link #5375
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

As always, thanks for the scans, gordol.

Quatre/Sandrock was certainly awesome this chapter. Loved seeing Shenlong in the flames as well.

Unless we get a flashback or completely new material, I'm hoping they wrap up the rest of Ep. 17 in the next chapter or two and the story finally shifts to space.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2013-05-27 at 13:50.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 17:37   Link #5376
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Hooray, looks like our lovely Chinese blog uploaded a translation of the latest FT chapter. I'll take a closer look at it with googlefish tomorrow. For some reason, there's a pic of the Triforce (apparently, it's some fancy formation; the translator aptly calls it "Zelda formation" lol).

What's interesting also is the link at the top of the page. It links to a nifty site featuring the previous six issues of Gundam Ace. Downloading them is a real drag though, so I went ahead and threw all the untranslated chapters of GoL (meaning chapters 28 to 32) into a .rar file. Of course, posting links for raws is forbidden in these forums, so I kindly ask that you follow the instructions on this site.

On the topic of GoL, interesting to see Sylvia being absent, what with her being a political figure in FT, and a definite hooray for omitting Relena's "Imma fly between your MS" goofiness. I always laugh at how suction doesn't exist in GW when you open a door in a flying plane. Or how you can be on a battlefield with things blowing up all around you and still understand what a person 200 meters from you says without a prob.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 10:49   Link #5377
susyia

Hey could someone explain to me chapter 22? I was a little confused please?
Old 2013-05-30, 00:51   Link #5378
Aurora0407

I need to find a Frozen Teardrop for dummies somewhere. The Gundam Wiki is no help... What's the latest and greatest? Does anyone know? I'm relying on the latest scanlations (although I haven't found them all) and the last thing I found was Preventer 5... the first part. I have a general understanding of what's gone on so far, who's related to who, what a clusterfuck it all is, but I want to know specifically.... Is Relena truly "Evilena" or is that just a new fan trope? And is she still alive? Golly.
Aurora0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 00:56   Link #5379
Aurora0407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingzeroangelofdeath View Post
Wat do you mean with Hov?
I have to jump on this topic because all of Gundam Wing - and virtually all of Gundam, too - serves as allegory for real-world geopolitical events. Yes, Romefeller = Rockefeller, and that's just the beginning. Someone well-versed in history and politics needs to write an article/book on the subject; it's fascinating. Start doing a little research and you'll see what I mean. Way too in depth for these forums, but one could argue that Gundam serves as subtle programming to get the public to be thinking of revolution and war vs. peace... just as all entertainment is a form of programming/mind control. We have all been programmed to love Gundam! Isn't htat great? I don't mind. I love it unabashedly.
Aurora0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 12:26   Link #5380
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora0407 View Post
I need to find a Frozen Teardrop for dummies somewhere. The Gundam Wiki is no help... What's the latest and greatest? Does anyone know? I'm relying on the latest scanlations (although I haven't found them all) and the last thing I found was Preventer 5... the first part. I have a general understanding of what's gone on so far, who's related to who, what a clusterfuck it all is, but I want to know specifically.... Is Relena truly "Evilena" or is that just a new fan trope? And is she still alive? Golly.
Relena isn't evil and she is alive. Preventer 5 was a while ago. I think the last part of Preventer 5 came out late last summer. The latest chapter had Mil piloting Tallgeese Heaven against 100 Virgo IV. His sister, Quatrine, Phobos and Fenrir help out in their suits. They get the numbers down to 50. The Epyon launches to engage them and the chapter ends with Wufei showing up in Epyon White. Chapter also explains the origins of the holo Zechs, Wufei is the one who trained Mil, we learn Tallgeese Heavens origins and some of its abilities(Dober Gun is a beam), It seems like Warlock has a fire attack, Phobos and Quatrine switched suits and I think Heero is still with Relena.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing