AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-15, 19:20   Link #1
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Robinson Crusoe

Hey guys, there's something I need to know about Robinson Crusoe.

I want to know exactly who he really is. I know he has something to do with the sea.
He went to a trip to the sea and something bad happened (pirates I think?). That's all I know about him

Can some1 plz make a really small conclusion of what his story is about?
The reason why I'm asking is because I have an exam 2morrow. I have to read some texts and 2morrow I have to answer to questions.
In one of the texts, the narrator says: I want to be Robinson Crusoe of the Rest Area.

I have the feeling that they might ask me to explain what does he means by this sentance.

Thanks

oh before I forget, I did navigate Google, but all I found was reading the whole book online, never found a conclusion.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 20:04   Link #2
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
Hey guys, there's something I need to know about Robinson Crusoe.

I want to know exactly who he really is. I know he has something to do with the sea.
He went to a trip to the sea and something bad happened (pirates I think?). That's all I know about him

Can some1 plz make a really small conclusion of what his story is about?
The reason why I'm asking is because I have an exam 2morrow. I have to read some texts and 2morrow I have to answer to questions.
In one of the texts, the narrator says: I want to be Robinson Crusoe of the Rest Area.

I have the feeling that they might ask me to explain what does he means by this sentance.

Thanks

oh before I forget, I did navigate Google, but all I found was reading the whole book online, never found a conclusion.
Pinkmonkey.com is your friend. Or was it sparknotes? or even better, go buy some Cliff Notes and start reading.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 21:20   Link #3
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to aahhsin again.

So, you watched to much anime and now you are full of undone homework I think you deserve it

Unfortunatly althoug I read the book I can't think of any conclusion, I read it a long time ago, His ship wrecked and he was casted away in an island, there he had to survive alone at first and then found a friend that he named friday (friday was a native, so he didn't speak crusoe's language, thats why he name him), there was pirates too at the end I think... well, that all I can remember. sorry.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:39   Link #4
mah_damey

let pinkmonkey work its magic
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:48   Link #5
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Here's what I know about him, I read the book a veeery long time ago.

He's an english man who gets shipwrecked ... and start living on a tropical Island on his own. I think the book is basically all the events that he keeps in a log. He meets a savage/native/tribal dude and he calls him 'friday'. They become sort of buds and he teaches friday english and general education.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 14:32   Link #6
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
His ship wrecked and he was casted away in an island, there he had to survive alone at first and then found a friend that he named friday (friday was a native, so he didn't speak crusoe's language, thats why he name him), there was pirates too at the end I think...
In the end he finds out that the water surrounding the island was so low that he could have walked through to the nearest shore all along.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 17:00   Link #7
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Thank you guys for the infos
But actually, the last replay I saw yesterday was Mantidor's. Mantidor, the conclusion that you gave was exactly what I needed. Because of your conclusion, I understood what he meant by: "I want to Robinson Crusoe in The Rest Area."
But, they didn't ask anything about Robinson in the exam
aahhsin, thx for the site, while navigating it, I think its intresting.

For the people who replied after Mantidor (hey Lexander, long time no see ), thx for ur help but I actually just read your replies, so after the exam. But I thank you for trying to help me.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 17:25   Link #8
MikoKikyo

humm actually what I said was an absurd lie. (oh please -__- if that was true the book would be a joke) I was hoping you'd believe me and give your teacher the crack of his life. jk

hey hey I'm glad you didn't read it in time for the exam
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 22:00   Link #9
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Wow...haven't read or seen a movie about this in a long time. Since the test is over I do have a general question. Lately it seems that a good number of people are creating threads for some test, project, or homework assignment. Asking people for help is cool and all but couldn't they post in one of the school threads we have? If you had something documenting a web community as a project that's understood but we have things ranging from math and history. IDK...I just feel that if I need something fast I'd call up someone in my class or stay up all night trying to finish what I need. Just a thought or two.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 14:27   Link #10
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

... omg ... I just realized my post was beyond pointless ... I basically said the same thing mantidor did ... *sigh* :guiltyofnotreadingthread:

Shadow! welcome back *cough* I been around ...
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote