Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-29, 11:56   Link #241
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Any news about, that people from EU(for example Germany) can watch this series subbed?
Forget about that earlier. I found a way, already.
Old 2008-10-30, 00:31   Link #242
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The amount of comments on the actual anime clearly shows how amazingly popular this is.

Spoiler for ep5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 22:25   Link #243
Furi-Yuri

DRM still fails it But Funimation is trying to help me out.

I will give credit to Funimation as they replied to my Email I sent via their only public address trying to help me "fix" the issue I have with the First Episode and being locked out of what I paid for. What they suggested didn't work as the Files I needed to "delete" before I could force things were not where they were expected to be.

Microsoft DRM is pretty bad as everyone knows, unless it can phone home for permission you don't get to view your files in WMP 11. It apparently uses ActiveX to do this and unless you can upgrade this you are locked out after you update WMP. It seems I can't upgrade this.

I know that computers and their operating systems are not toasters but stuff should "just work" and the DRM Funimation chose doesn't "just work".
Furi-Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 07:06   Link #244
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The amount of comments on the actual anime clearly shows how amazingly popular this is.

Spoiler for ep5:
I don't see what's wrong in giving fresh new seiyuu's a chance as main characters.
Old 2008-10-31, 12:40   Link #245
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see what's wrong in giving fresh new seiyuu's a chance as main characters.
And? Doesn't change that the voice acting is completely ruining any tension the show manages to produce.

The following statement is false:
New voice actors=No complaining from the viewers

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-31, 12:56   Link #246
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll admit i was a little meh with their acting in the first episode, though that's given because we're all not used to a new fresh voice like the ones we're hearing. Upto episode five, and i can easily say i'm used to them. I don't see what the trouble is.
Old 2008-11-01, 17:32   Link #247
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A Tragic Hymn

As incredible as it was to me, I was able to understand about one-sixth to one-fifth of the dialogue throughout episode four.

Hence, for anyone who understood the fourth episode, please, tell me if I got my conclusions correct or not.

Spoiler:

It was a decent episode because I applauded when Ouri slammed that sleazy manager; Makina as always kicked butt with that personal roughness of hers; and Keisei made a smart move playing Osaki's music to distract the Shikabane.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 19:58   Link #248
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I just finished EP3.Sub Eng is so lately.

Spoiler for EP 3:
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 12:00   Link #249
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Yea...it is a shame that this series still isn't getting any better even after 5 episodes in. One can only hope that it will pick up further down the line but first, we need to bear with the under average "monster of the week" episodes so far.

Episode 5 does introduce an interesting pair but I can't see them adding much to the story other than being rivals for Makina.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 01:14   Link #250
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I just realized, but Makina in the OP's beginning is no-pantsu...

More importantly, why are the characters in this anime so idiotic?

Spoiler for ep6:

Old 2008-11-06, 07:48   Link #251
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well iv been quite since Shikabane Hime Aka started figuring i would give it a chance to pick up and after 5 episodes i feel like every episode is the same. I just dont get excited and some of the scenarios and how the characters react to them are just awful. I really dont want to give the series since im proud of not dropping animes but honestly this one is started to hurt me in places i didnt think could hurt. I thought episode 5 was terrible but im going to stick with the series its got to better RIGHT?
Old 2008-11-06, 18:11   Link #252
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 6
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-11-06, 19:21   Link #253
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Are these developments consistent with the ones in the manga?
Old 2008-11-07, 23:58   Link #254
LazySpiral

Ive read some of the manga myself not too far into it but some far im not seeing any correlation except the main characters lol. Also that kid i havent seen either, but like i said im not too far into the manga only finished chap 2. Im hoping that they intend to use this as a introduction sort of and then move into the main story. Ive only seen up till ep 3 or 4 (dont remem) I believe in gainax and will trust them till the end.
LazySpiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 19:31   Link #255
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Monk who went against his Faith

Several of the scenes when the new-transferred girl was shooting against the rogue monk look awkward. In fact, they remind me of the art and animation employed in certain episodes of Gurren-Lagann.

The dialogue exchange that I understood between the rogue monk and Ouri was...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 13:00   Link #256
Molenir

So, 4 episodes in, I'm still enjoying the show. Yes, I realize everyone else is talking about episode 6, but since I'm not watching the raws on this, I'm stuck waiting for the subs.

Having said this, I have one gripe about the series. Ouri's not wearing his pants high enough! I mean, they're barely past the belly button, they definitely need to be armpit level right.... right? /sarcasm

More seriously, guess I'm saying that the character design for Ouri just sucks. Wish they had spent a bit more time on it.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 02:43   Link #257
Thingle
Banned

Monster of the week = phail.

Must see character development.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 03:08   Link #258
DangerMouse

4 episodes in and I find they are being very successful at drawing me deeper in with each episode as Keisei slowly reveals more information and knowing that the scale of their mission is growing beyond what they will be able to handle alone.

Despite spoiling myself a bit I was compelled to skim the ep 6 raw after reading the character spoilers and the developments make me extremely pleased,
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 6
Spoiler:
Spoiler Ep.5-6
Spoiler:

Serenade, I'm not a big fan of Ouri so far either since I usually hate his type of character that always shows up (atleast the spirit cat makes it believable and mysterious, I want to know more about that cat, and not stupid coincidence like in most shows) and gets in the way especially since Keisei is much more interesting so I'd rather see more growth of Keisei than see Ouri take a more prominent role. But, I don't really have much issue with his design as I'm actually not totally surprised by Ouri's rather clean design, many of Gainax's "initially normal guys" have had that type of style. Ultimately there's still plenty of time (like 20 episodes, most of the series) for him to grow out of sucking, but for now he's frustratingly in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
Monster of the week = phail.

Must see character development.
If you're on episode 4, it looks like monster-of-the-week is about to end with episode 5-6 as more of the main cast of characters are getting involved and episode 6 looks to have some good developments.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-11-11 at 04:04.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 08:53   Link #259
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Being the huge angela fan that i am, the full version of Beautiful fighter is everything i expected. Beautiful and epic.

My Story is quite fitting for the ED, also a beautiful song & Diary is a wonderful plus.
Old 2008-11-11, 12:27   Link #260
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

For me, the ED > the OP.

But make no mistakes, both tracks are amazing! Angelaaaaaa!!

Then we have the extra track which is quite the contrast to the fast paced OP/ED. Not quite as good but still lovely

Tags
action, gainax, horror, shounen